Senior Master Sergeant

• 1959 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Akirishin’s build/aircraft’s specifications begin: 1:34

Aircraft comparisons begin at: 14:17

First combat sortie begins at: 22:52

Second combat sortie begins at: 34:58

Third combat sortie begins at: 43:17

Greetings and salutations, this is Akirishin. I hope you enjoy this video as I talk you through my build and strategy for the Tier VIII Russian Ilyushin IL-20 Attack Aircraft. I will also compare this aircraft to other Tier VIII attack aircraft and, of course, I will feature some PVP so that you can see the IL-20 in action.

If you are not already a subscriber, I encourage you to hit the subscribe button. Also, if you enjoyed this video your thumbs up lets me know you liked it and is greatly appreciated!

Music:

Soviet Anthem

Pisco Sour by Gunnar Olsen

Edited by Akirishin, 28 March 2018 - 07:35 PM.

JackG79 #2 Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• 692 battles
Well, atleast we now have a VIDEO of people playing WoWP.... seeing as we cannot play it ourselves. 

FreeFOXMIKE #3 Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:42 PM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 1754 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

seems like they are working on it the server is now posted as down thats a start         :facepalm:

Good vid by the way

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 28 March 2018 - 07:43 PM.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Akirishin #4 Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1959 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostJackG79, on 28 March 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

Well, atleast we now have a VIDEO of people playing WoWP.... seeing as we cannot play it ourselves. 

Lol, I hope it helps with the down time :).  I don't know about you guys, but I have had so many game crashes and black screens it has been driving me crazy.  Maybe it is just my game connection and no one else's, I don't know.

Akirishin #5 Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1959 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostFreeFOXMIKE, on 28 March 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

seems like they are working on it the server is now posted as down thats a start         :facepalm:

Good vid by the way

Thanks FreeFOXMIKE!!!!!  Grab some popcorn and enjoy the vid while you wait :)

pyantoryng #6 Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:36 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1296 battles
The Sky Whale gets screen time...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Akirishin #7 Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1959 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postpyantoryng, on 28 March 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

It totally is like a Humpback whale isn't it.

pyantoryng #8 Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:07 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1296 battles

Beta people used to refer to the GAA class as a whole (back then there were only USSR GAA and nothing else) as "Sky Whales"...it had fallen out of use for some time.

It sure looks like a big fish with props no matter how you look at it, though...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

FreeFOXMIKE #9 Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:17 PM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 1754 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View Postpyantoryng, on 28 March 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

https://ibb.co/bQTkjn

well was outa popcorn :)

https://ibb.co/m4xT4n

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 28 March 2018 - 09:23 PM.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Akirishin #10 Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1959 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostFreeFOXMIKE, on 28 March 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

https://ibb.co/bQTkjn

well was outa popcorn :)

https://ibb.co/m4xT4n

Nice results there big guy!!!!!!!!

LMG #11 Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1402 battles

With the IL-20, it's also not a bad idea running the top quad 23mm cannons. They chew through soft ground targets pretty well while also being more reliable at hitting aircraft. I personally run anything that increases gun accuracy on my GAAs, as I often start firing beyond my optimal range so I can make the most out of my max range. I also run the bomb skill on all my GAA pilots, as it often takes their damage just beyond the break point where they can and cannot one-shot a ground target.

When compared to the other Tier VIII GAAs, the IL-20 overall has hands down the best ordnance, no real contest there. Maneuverability's at an all-time low, but it can escape an IL-10M by boosting away, though it might die if confronted by any of the other GAAs. The guns overall seem balanced across the tier, so I think there's no clear "best", unlike something like the IL-2 (t) and the Ju 88 P where the german 50mm cannon is straight up better  than the dual 37s in every way.

I kinda feel like you don't really have a grasp on what your weaponry can do. The IL-20's top bombs are basically mini-nukes, to the point it one-shots almost every single ground target that's not a central ground target. The rockets are also extremely strong for the tier, and having 12 of them means you don't really run out easilly. I felt like you wasted a lot of your bombs and rockets whenever you did an attack run, especially during that "highlight reel" on the intro, which made my inner GAA perfectionist scream for a bit :teethhappy:. The 57mm cannons will one-shot any soft ground target you hit with the volley, and armored ground targets only take 5 shots before going down as well, which makes taking out AA a simple "point-and-click" task (unless the shots go wide, which is why I run accuracy improvements :sceptic:)

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Akirishin #12 Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1959 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostLMG, on 28 March 2018 - 09:49 PM, said:

With the IL-20, it's also not a bad idea running the top quad 23mm cannons. They chew through soft ground targets pretty well while also being more reliable at hitting aircraft. I personally run anything that increases gun accuracy on my GAAs, as I often start firing beyond my optimal range so I can make the most out of my max range. I also run the bomb skill on all my GAA pilots, as it often takes their damage just beyond the break point where they can and cannot one-shot a ground target.

When compared to the other Tier VIII GAAs, the IL-20 overall has hands down the best ordnance, no real contest there. Maneuverability's at an all-time low, but it can escape an IL-10M by boosting away, though it might die if confronted by any of the other GAAs. The guns overall seem balanced across the tier, so I think there's no clear "best", unlike something like the IL-2 (t) and the Ju 88 P where the german 50mm cannon is straight up better  than the dual 37s in every way.

I kinda feel like you don't really have a grasp on what your weaponry can do. The IL-20's top bombs are basically mini-nukes, to the point it one-shots almost every single ground target that's not a central ground target. The rockets are also extremely strong for the tier, and having 12 of them means you don't really run out easilly. I felt like you wasted a lot of your bombs and rockets whenever you did an attack run, especially during that "highlight reel" on the intro, which made my inner GAA perfectionist scream for a bit :teethhappy:. The 57mm cannons will one-shot any soft ground target you hit with the volley, and armored ground targets only take 5 shots before going down as well, which makes taking out AA a simple "point-and-click" task (unless the shots go wide, which is why I run accuracy improvements :sceptic:)

I am sure I did waste some weaponry a bit lol so a fair criticism.  I do understand how to use the armaments I just wasn't trying to be perfect about it.  I have no doubt LMG you are great with GAAs because I have seen you do it :)  So thanks for your comments.  I think your advice is spot on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users