So you want to make money and sell your game!?!?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

JackG79 #1 Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:37 PM

Master Sergeant

• 650 battles

So you want to populate your server with players, in a game they enjoy so that they will buy your products in the premium shop and provide you with money, and them with an online experience that will keep them coming back.  

Wargaming you have done JUST ABOUT everything imaginable to make sure that this discord does not happen. 

You implement a patch that causes a large number of player to not be able to play, and to error out to the desktop. When they come to YOUR forums and discuss the matter you do not even confirm if you are listening or not....    as per usual, SILENCE.....      

Then yesterday  idk what happened but a bunch of us could not get back into the game after about 3:30pm.  and from the looks of the posts in the forum, this issue is WIDESPREAD here in the NA community,  It appears that the euro side is functioning just fine. ...   SILENCE....   Not a word about what is going on.... 

DId no one at wargaming happen to notice that there was like... NO ONE in the game during peak hours?!?! 

Today.. Even to try to log in and play tier 1... which if there is no suitable players, i assume that the AI kicks in and you play bots!?!?  (normally).. but this is not happening. Everyone is just sitting in queue waiting....  again.... SILENCE....   

If it is possible to turn away an audience ad nauseam!! You have got the formula down pat!! 

Ya know, .. it seems some people must have put an AWFUL lot of work into this game before the launch of 2.0 

it is sad to see all their hard work undone by a mute Customer Service  and public relations team that operates as though admitting a mistake or an issue with the game is going to topple the current regime.  "Customer service by Kim Jung-Un"    Are the issues being ignored because they are not preceded with  "Dear Supreme Leader"  

I really love this game, and would love to play it.  But I can't seem to keep it running for a full half an hour without an error to desktop, deleting cashe, running in safe mode etc. etc. etc. ...  I have been playing WOT's since 2011 and began playing warships this November...    However, since Jan/Feb of 2018 i have spent more time in Warplanes than any of the other big 3 wargaming titles.  This game has ALL the potential to be the companies BEST game, if only it would interact with it's community and keep the game running. 

I feel horrible for all the people who worked so hard to create the game, as well as all the other players like myself who can't seem to keep it running. It shouldn't be a daily fight to keep a game going. 

Hopefully these issues get straightening out and things can proceeded normally for a few weeks as i for one was really enjoying the bombers.  Take care everyone. 

boozen #2 Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1119 battles

to bad all this is falling on deaf ears... they dont seem to care

Cenotaph #3 Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2116 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
The person who's job it was to pretend to care, is leaving the company.... soooo.
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

JackG79 #4 Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:07 PM

Master Sergeant

• 650 battles

View PostCenotaph, on 28 March 2018 - 09:40 PM, said:

The person who's job it was to pretend to care, is leaving the company.... soooo.

Do you suppose that he is leaving, because the game is headed for untold levels of fun and prosperity?!?!?   I have a feeling someone gave them the "Abandon Ship"  on the DL and people are  trying to find dry ground to plant their feet on before they go down with the boat!!!!!  (or plane if you prefer... lollol)

The_Wild_Weasel #5 Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1193 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

what ever...... go play wows, wot...... craphappens ...cars break down , hydro goes out .....machines break down ..... 

for what its worth , my machine is the latest and I do have a CTD every now and again ...but its not the end of the world.

my 2 cents

Bubba_Zanetti #6 Posted 29 March 2018 - 01:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1271 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostJackG79, on 28 March 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

Do you suppose that he is leaving, because the game is headed for untold levels of fun and prosperity?!?!?   I have a feeling someone gave them the "Abandon Ship"  on the DL and people are  trying to find dry ground to plant their feet on before they go down with the boat!!!!!  (or plane if you prefer... lollol)

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/wgaofficerelocation/

Wargaming is reorganizing its US-based development and publishing office structure.

The successful North American publishing efforts will now be relocated and incorporated into two existing US Wargaming locations. North American publishing for World of Tanks Console will now move to the Wargaming Chicago-Baltimore studio. North American Wargaming PC publishing efforts will be based in the Wargaming Austin office.

Wargaming's Emeryville, CA office will close March 31, 2018.

Chuck_norris10 #7 Posted 29 March 2018 - 01:22 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 33 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

This has been happening since day1.

This is also what happens when you take things for granted like a population from tanks filling the player base in planes and it worked for awhile and then they ignored the game and it's bugs and problems.Players left and those 15 against 15 live player commercials became non existent.

To add insult to injury they change the game and think it will work a second time and they did draw in new players and drove out a lot of us vets who d.loaded the old version....not the new one but the game still falters from lack of attention or more like they gave up and have a skeleton crew trying to perform miracles appeasing the players they sucked in to trying the new version.

So now it's gone full circle again,A once great game that kept a lot of us old vets up all night scrapping in the air to a game that I rarely even think of playing now.

The new folks that fell for this new version are in the same boat us old timers were in now.

Cenotaph #8 Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2116 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Plenty of the new blood has no illusions what-so-ever about what kind of outfit WG is, and what to expect from them.

We just happen to think the furballs are alot more entertaining than the previous meta of "Play the best plane possible and wait for everyone else to stall so you can farm easy points".

Really don't see what that version of WoWP offered that a stand alone single player flight sim couldn't... oh, right... the flight sim was probably too challenging.

So, we'll likely stay here till it gets boring, or gets shut down... occasionally screaming our frustrations into the void, because venting makes people feel better.

Some will spend money, some won't... and perhaps, things might actually catch traction and take off... but I wouldn't hold my breath.

(Persistent unaddressed chat bugs, staff exodus, unmanaged forums, and recent server instability makes this feel awfully "Firefall" lately)

Edited by Cenotaph, 30 March 2018 - 12:24 AM.

Chuck_norris10 #9 Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:27 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 33 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostCenotaph, on 29 March 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

Plenty of the new blood has no illusions what-so-ever about what kind of outfit WG is, and what to expect from them.

We just happen to think the furballs are alot more entertaining than the previous meta of "Play the best plane possible and wait for everyone else to stall so you can farm easy points".

Really don't see what that version of WoWP offered that a stand alone single player flight sim couldn't... oh, right... the flight sim was probably too challenging.

So, we'll likely stay here till it gets boring, or gets shut down... occasionally screaming our frustrations into the void, because venting makes people feel better.

Some will spend money, some won't... and perhaps, things might actually catch traction and take off... but I wouldn't hold my breath.

(Persistent unaddressed chat bugs, staff exodus, unmanaged forums, and recent server instability makes this feel awfully "Firefall" lately)

Are you kidding? want to see some early vids of dogfights?

it was freaking exciting,3 live players to fly against was a lot more fun then 15 bots and thats why most of us d.loaded the game.

But in my 57 years I have learned that todays society has to dumb things down to the dumbest person using their product and thats why we wound up with warplanes D version.

Buzzweizer #10 Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:16 PM

Airman Basic

• 371 battles

I think the game is great except for the bots.   You snobbish experts need to join a clan. 

Management - sucks

Communication and Promotion - sucks big time

Bots - sucks because no1 plays it.

Physic Engine -  Best part.

Chuck_norris10 #11 Posted 30 March 2018 - 11:55 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 33 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostChuck_norris10, on 30 March 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

Are you kidding? want to see some early vids of dogfights?

it was freaking exciting,3 live players to fly against was a lot more fun then 15 bots and thats why most of us d.loaded the game.

But in my 57 years I have learned that todays society has to dumb things down to the dumbest person using their product and thats why we wound up with warplanes D version.

This!  Was exciting!

Staying up till all hours pounding down budwiesers and smoking a gagger or two.

Cenotaph #12 Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:38 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2116 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostChuck_norris10, on 30 March 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

This!  Was exciting!

Staying up till all hours pounding down budwiesers and smoking a gagger or two.

I see very little difference here than in typical low tier play in 2.0... Post a tier 6+ video from the same era, please.

Chuck_norris10 #13 Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:26 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 33 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostCenotaph, on 30 March 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

I see very little difference here than in typical low tier play in 2.0... Post a tier 6+ video from the same era, please.

Biplanes were more exciting then my higher tiers because there were more humans there at that time.

Chuck_norris10 #14 Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:28 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 33 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP
My first jet?

Cenotaph #15 Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2116 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

See, I dunno... other than a bit of cosmetic UI difference, some flight characteristics, and the obvious larger human population... I don't really see much difference here than what I'm experiencing in game.

What seems to be WGs failing (IMO) is the inability to make a good game mode, and this is systemic in all their titles.

To truly save the game, they need to come up with a decent game mode, that can appeal to both crowds... or at the very least, offer a choice.

Attrition might be that answer, with some tweaks... it has promise, but Invasion can head to the trash bin for all I'm concerned.

Something without Cap Sectors, could be equally promising.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users