Bots are Better than Humans

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

SgtSchlautter #1 Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7031 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
For all of you crazy people who would absolutely love to see more humans on each side per match, I only have this to say. I was getting quite a few humans each battle yesterday, and every match I realized how much I don't want this to happen. I always got stuck with the human dead-weight who can't even get 1k personal points. I can usually get pretty good scores, but when one of your GA's or Bombers are a human that can't do crap or chases other GA's and Bombers the whole match, I have a problem. Now I know there are a lot of people who have the issue where the game crashes as it loads or even mid-battle, but that just amplifies the number of times you get useless humans on your team. Not to mention, it seems like when there are more humans on the enemy team, mm gives the other side a ton of veteran bots. I can't go anywhere without getting targeted by 500 different planes. This game appeals to me due to the more laid-back nature compared to World of Tanks. I know how useless some players can be and how hard it is for mm to actually create balanced matches with so many humans on each team. Therefore, just give me matches with the one or 2 humans on each team please. It is a lot better than having 5 humans on each team and having to carry 2 dead-weight human bots on my team. From my personal experience, this is just how it feels. The relaxed nature of the game appeals to me significantly

TheMadPizzler #2 Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2311 battles
This was my view when the poorly-thought-out event started and more humans started playing.

bjorn1984 #3 Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2678 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Yeah I've seen that craptoo.

Check out my online content
Facebook: www.facebook.com/The_Mighty_Bjorn1984-525235531209893/
Youtube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCSJ6ptZRxCBV4MVqsOAI6TQ
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/mightybjorn1984

boozen #4 Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:37 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2177 battles
all this is falling on deaf ears

SlappedbyPatton #5 Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1938 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
lol .... TERMINATOR ...will get us .......

PostTraumatic #6 Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:57 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1536 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

I love the chaos. 

People bring a level of unpredictability and SKILL that bots never can.  Even if it takes thousands of battles for these newer pilots to get there and score big they will get there in time.  I like seeing all the new humans because that means more people are in here and learning how to compete.  We all get stuck carrying at times.  We have all buried our plane in a mountain-side also.  it happens...  I would rather dogfight any unpredictable human over a completely predictable bot any day of the week.  

mnbv_fockewulfe #7 Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:45 AM

Captain

• 661 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPostTraumatic, on 28 March 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

I love the chaos. 

People bring a level of unpredictability and SKILL that bots never can.  Even if it takes thousands of battles for these newer pilots to get there and score big they will get there in time.  I like seeing all the new humans because that means more people are in here and learning how to compete.  We all get stuck carrying at times.  We have all buried our plane in a mountain-side also.  it happens...  I would rather dogfight any unpredictable human over a completely predictable bot any day of the week.  

The unfortunate part, dogfighting against the odds is impossible. Engaging against a plane technically superior to yours is instantly fatal.

The wisest course of action is to avoid conflict altogether.  

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

Zigfreid #8 Posted 29 March 2018 - 03:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 22773 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Some people are still stuck in 1.9, I played both and 2.0 is much better.

1.9 was one good but this game is so much better, much more of a challenge.

Post I remember a few flights where you kept me on my toes, amazing games.

Yea the new players are a lot of fun, but I am here to beat the game and have fun.

I_QQ_4_U #9 Posted 29 March 2018 - 03:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2111 battles
Yeah had a lot of teams last weekend where multiple humans had less than 1000CP, I didn't even know you could get less than 1000, I thought that was the participation award. I can understand if it was tier 1 or 2 or even 3 but you'd think by tier 5+ in a tech tree plane they'd be able to do more than sub 100 damage or 1000 damage to ground targets.

MrNellis #10 Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:46 AM

Master Sergeant

• 4230 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 29 March 2018 - 02:45 AM, said:

The wisest course of action is to avoid conflict altogether.  

"The pinnacle of victory is to win without fighting." -Sun Tsu

pyantoryng #11 Posted 29 March 2018 - 05:19 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3196 battles
At least there are not other 7-8 humans to bungle things up, eh? (Ships...I'm lookin' at ya!)

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

MacDaddyMatty #12 Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 479 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Block Quote

useless humans

You sound like a bot.

The scary Skynet kind!

:hiding:

Spoiler

▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌

A bunch of WoT players who occasionally get shot up by bots in WoWP:

▌▌  WoWP Clan   ▌▌

mnbv_fockewulfe #13 Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:52 PM

Captain

• 661 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMrNellis, on 29 March 2018 - 04:46 AM, said:

"The pinnacle of victory is to win without fighting." -Sun Tsu

Not within this context. lol

Sun Tsu is refer to the battle of the mind, and while somewhat applicable to the game, unless you can force your opponent into the ground, there isn't a way to win without fighting.

LMG #14 Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 29 March 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

Sun Tsu is refer to the battle of the mind, and while somewhat applicable to the game, unless you can force your opponent into the ground, there isn't a way to win without fighting.

Idk, my GAAs work best when enemy planes are out of the equation

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

MrNellis #15 Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:04 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4230 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 29 March 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

This is why the Chinese have always made crummy wargames.

Sun Tsu pitches his new F2P PVP Wargame Company on Sharktank: "Grasshopper, the pinnacle of victory is to win without fighting."

​Mark Cuban: "And for that reason, I'm out."

Edited by MrNellis, 29 March 2018 - 11:06 PM.

SpiritFoxMY #16 Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:51 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6277 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 29 March 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

I always took it to mean "secure all advantages in a way where your enemy is already beaten before you engage". (I'm probably mixing up quotes though - there's another one about those who go to war to win and those who win before going to war)

So in the context of the game it would be to fly the most meta plane available in a voicecomms flight with a person you've been fighting with regularly in the best complementing airplane possible. 

Basically Sun Tzu would be a dirty stat padding hacker

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 30 March 2018 - 12:55 AM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

mnbv_fockewulfe #17 Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:44 AM

Captain

• 661 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 30 March 2018 - 12:51 AM, said:

I always took it to mean "secure all advantages in a way where your enemy is already beaten before you engage". (I'm probably mixing up quotes though - there's another one about those who go to war to win and those who win before going to war)

So in the context of the game it would be to fly the most meta plane available in a voicecomms flight with a person you've been fighting with regularly in the best complementing airplane possible. 

Basically Sun Tzu would be a dirty stat padding hacker

Scare your enemy into giving up before the battle has started (one doesn't necessarily need to have every advantage to win).

While I've never read all of the Art of War, I've read enough experts to know the whole book is mostly super common sense, obvious pointers. 
The good stuff is when he refers to actual battlefield tactics, how to setup an ambush, specifically why fighting uphill is difficult, how to deceive your enemy into thinking you have a bigger army then you actually do. 

While most of the most obvious concepts are applicable, the coordination part is entirely lacking from WOWP. 

ShoeButton #18 Posted 30 March 2018 - 05:47 AM

Master Sergeant

• 5198 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

I prefer: To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women... -Conan

-SB

MrNellis #19 Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:28 AM

Master Sergeant

• 4230 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 30 March 2018 - 02:44 AM, said:

While most of the most obvious concepts are applicable, the coordination part is entirely lacking from WOWP. 

I imagine that WOWP subscribes to Master Sun's other famous axiom: "Keep your plans as impenetrable as night, and when you strike, fall like a bolt of thunder!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users