Maps Are TOO Big for Lower Tiers and Sector Placement

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

MacDaddyMatty #21 Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 474 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostNorthernPorter, on 30 March 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

There was also the lighthouse map that was based off the WoT map of the same name.

When WoWP was first announced, I thought that WG was going to be bringing airplane battles into the tank battles as well. But I was so wrong...

That would be a great battle mode, but tanks can't defend themselves so...

WoT would have to add the HMGs on the tanks for air-defense.

I'd dig it!

+1

▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌

A bunch of WoT players who occasionally get shot up by bots in WoWP:

▌▌  WoWP Clan   ▌▌

SlappedbyRommel #22 Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1726 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Totally agree on this topic lower tiers with large maps reminds me of Driving Miss Daisy - takes a long time to get someplace. Put plane in auto pilot go to kitchen get a scotch drink, walk the cat and smoke a cigar then back to the game. Phuuuueeeh that was long......:trollface:

Prenzlau #23 Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5289 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Speaking from a bombers perspective, the more caps and ground targets on a map the better. Only 3 caps on a map, not good. Archipelago map (3 caps), the worst. 4 caps on a map, ok. 5 caps on a map, much better. 

In general, maps need an over hall, new maps are needed, the ones we have are getting old. It is to the point that when I fly a bomber, depending on the map, I know exactly where to fly, what path to take, what ground targets to hit first, second, third, etc. To cap the map in the most efficient successful way. It gets so routine, it is almost boring sometimes. 

Lower tier maps, with caps spread apart, makes bombers more dominate for their ability to flip caps and traverse faster with longer sustained boosts. Lower tier ground level and medium altitude planes struggle with time between caps.

Some new maps, new caps with new functions, maybe more scenario based, and the game gets a lot better. They should use events to add content that stays and adds options to the game perhaps?

Prenzlau

The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

Bobby_Tables #24 Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 3313 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postpyantoryng, on 30 March 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

Fun fact: That "Scorching Sands" map is actually El Halluf. The pyramids are later additions made in 2.0, but the battleground is the old El Halluf for the most part.

I really miss the El Halluf map theme music.  I wish they would bring it back for that map.  

pyantoryng #25 Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:43 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1614 battles

View PostBobby_Tables, on 15 May 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

I really miss the El Halluf map theme music.  I wish they would bring it back for that map.  

Actually, I miss most if not the entire 1.x score (which in truth is what we had from as far back as CBT)...

Edited by pyantoryng, 16 May 2018 - 02:44 AM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Sturffan #26 Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:15 PM

Senior Airman

• 2690 battles

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on 28 March 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

Getting to play quickly SHOULD be the #1 priority.

This +1000%

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users