Messerschmitt Me P.1102 B FTW on the weekly rankings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

PostTraumatic #1 Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:10 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1536 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

I am spilling the secret.  I took 5th this week and I saw what most of those in the lead on personal points flew.  The plane that was spam run the most by "most" players that ranked in the top 10 was the ME P.1102B.  I used an assortment of planes to finish my missions and then I tried different planes to see which got the most personal points per battle.  That plane in combination with the ability to spend many many hours playing constantly should make a huge difference on your average personal points per battle.  having no GF and a box of hot-pockets might be in order also.  

Since the IL-40P was nerfed, to my sadness, the ME P.1102B has become dominant.  murder all the enemy teams GA repeatedly and do all the ground damage you can.  The bombs refresh much faster that the 40P and it is way faster.  

Go forth with good luck and determination to put last weeks leader board to shame on top scores... if you can.  100 battles at 15,000 personal points average would get you in the range of top 10 for last week.  166 battles at 15k avg would get the top at 2,500,000pp.  I rarely scored less than 10k in a match and usually over 15k and up over 20k occasionally.  if that makes sense.

I completed both missions for both planes this weekend and I hope many others can get this done also.  So I will not try again as I do not need the certificates any longer.  My impressions of both planes is that the XF-15C was the better overall for the grind if only doing one of them.  

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by PostTraumatic, 28 March 2018 - 01:01 AM.

comtedumas #2 Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6887 battles
Good job old man....

Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  

LMG #3 Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

While the bombs on the German GAAs recharge faster, they're overall kinda bad when compared to the nukes that the ILs get (lower damage and blast radius), not taking into account the lack of rockets. ILs are not fast or flashy, but they get the job done pretty effectively once they get somewhere. Part of the GAA problem is that there's only 2 GAA lines in-game atm, and only one of them has improved handling and forward guns as one of its perks, at the expense of anti-ground capabilities. All the IL can do in case of a dogfight is a head-on rocket kill or a bombkill. It wouldn't be an issue if fighters would engange them, but as it stands now GAA dogfights come down to aerial nascar of two equal planes or one completely demolishing the other, with rare occasions where there's alternatives available (like with the IL-10M that outturns any GAA it faces, but is extremely slow as well). Maybe things would change a bit if we had another line to use, as playing rock-paper-scissors with only rock and paper leads to these problems.

Aside of that, when was the IL-40P nerfed? Atm it looks like an improved IL-40, which I feel can already somewhat keep up in tier X matches. If anything it got buffed with the top rockets dealing more damage, to the point I run them over the 12 smaller ones

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

PostTraumatic #4 Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:11 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1536 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

I love the IL-40P over the years don't get me wrong.  I have more battles in the IL-40P than any other plane.  However here is a clarification of the contrast between the two planes

1) GUNS- The guns on the IL-40P used to be the most powerful in the game.  then the Javelin was made to have the most powerful guns in the game.  Now they are not even close to the most powerful.  Now the Me P.1102 B has the more powerful guns.  

2) Ordnance- the 40P has 8 rockets and 2 bombs with a countdown timer for both that is very long.  The Me P.1102 B has 4 bombs that refresh at half the rate of the ord. on the 40P.  The bombs are not as big but in combo with the guns I flip the base just as fast.  

3) Speed- The top speed of the Me P.1102 B is much higher than the IL-40P and if you couple that with the faster bomb refresh you can scoot to the next base and start banging that one much faster than the 40P.  

4) fighting- The Me P.1102 B will out maneuver the 40P now and is simply more dominant overall now.   The IL-40P cannot even catch a Me P.1102 B to engage it unless its turning already and making a mistake.

You can easily bring in over 12k personal points without breaking a sweat every single battle.  If you run this plane repeatedly roughly 150 matches you will be in the top 10 if the scores this week reflect the scores for next week at all.  I scored 1,785,600 in 148 battles but I was doing my missions in all sorts of planes, not just this one.  Once I finished my missions I did spam run this plane.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 29 March 2018 - 12:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users