Stop lying about how you ''think'' Warplanes functions; because FYI, it doesn't.

RNG Matchmaker AI Bots Conquest Statistics Lineup Damage 2.0

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #1 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

Because honestly, Wargaming, it's blatantly obvious to not just me that y'all don't have any clue whatsoever about theory versus reality no matter how desperately your devs cling to their concepts.

It should never, ever, be possible to have sessions like I had again this afternoon.

RE: Matchmaker, all the crap about ''challenging'' lineups aside it still doesn't work how you claim it works.

Spoiler

If y'all insist on variety meaning the inclusion of best for the meta aircraft, it is entirely counter-productive and beyond ordinary stupidity to not equalize the AI controlling those planes between both teams.

During just five battles with the Me 265 yesterday four included Spitfires, humans and/or bots, on red; without being mirrored on blue for two of those battles - that, isn't very random at all.

It's double the occurrence for one side [2:4].

RE: Randomness of damage & critical hits isn't all that random.

Spoiler

This was just today, typical from queuing for just nine (9) matches.

Inexcusable amount of frustration for a game bleeding players throughout its entire release life.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 28 March 2018 - 04:54 AM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Reitousair #2 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3737 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Bot skills are evenly distributed but what bots get the various skill levels is 100% random between the teams. MM never balances players it seems though, I've been in my I-250 with a couple fighters against an enemy team of 5 IL-20 players, none of them in a flight. The best MM balances players is by tier I think however you can still end up with wonky tier-spread matches. Player statistics do not seem to matter a lot at all as MM has put me with and against the same players in different matches but it's possible that they do matter as there are some people I notice on one side or the other an unusual amount of the time, sadly there's no way to definitely prove this.

Randomness of crits, hmm... I think crit-chance is still pure RNG however it feels like there's a scaling factor where "when taking X amount of shots from X caliber gun increase crit chance to this amount, if no crit, keep upping the chance." Also from what you posted in there, bots seem to just LOVE us players don't they? I've seen them attack other bots, same applies for ADA, but it certainly feels like players get targeted more often. Sounds like you had some really bad luck with bots though, GA bots are basically just free target practice unless they're your ace/ultra-ace (if playing Invasion) level bots. Usually highly-skilled bots pull off some pretty crazy things so it could be you were getting wrecked by bots that are smart + computer which = rip everything in their patch. Something to note with ADA though, ADA are NOT what model of plane they are, they're actually souped up versions, if I recall correctly a datamining site posted that ADA Spit IX's at tier 10 get 187m/s climb rate but only 4 guns and they fly at ~700KPH, they're pretty insane and the HF's are even worse. So don't worry about ADA wrecking you so laughably easy you mine as well be flying a biplane, they're working as intended.

Still, unfortunately while you did provide examples and they do point to how WoWp could work. The good ole phrase "correlation does not equal causation" needs to be evoked here. Until we can get the devs to reveal how this works or somebody can figure out the code for it and post it on the forums we can't be 100% sure here.

mnbv_fockewulfe #3 Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• 216 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
your spoiler tags aren't working

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Zigfreid #4 Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4485 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

LOL y'all you are either a yankee that's trying to be cool and not working.

Or a redneck that can't spell which we call a stump jumper. 

Mirror planes games are boring mix it up learn your planes.

Learn your planes and it will teach you how to win.

Learn to win and you will stop crying in the forum.

Sorry brother look at yourself when pointing fingers.

MARS_REVENANT #5 Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:50 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 2960 battles
If they 'think' it, are they lying?

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #6 Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:49 AM

First Lieutenant

• 348 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
think is a very complex concept

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Martymart1976 #7 Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:04 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2503 battles
  • [FK] FK
I'm not sure how they spread out the bot skill level..most times I believe get The Gang That Can't Shoot Straight skill level bots while flying against Top Gun skill level bots.  I've also seen players say "Screw This" and disconnect when they see a human controlled bomber flight.  Just my two cents.. 

Sheeple_Slayer #8 Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 502 battles
You people, you completely forgot what playing games means: having fun. Start winning in the real world and be less concerned about "winning" in video games. Or, put it in other words, get a life you neck beards!

FreeFOXMIKE #9 Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:10 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 1746 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

SO the Teams are not "EVEN" --------------- oh well in real left it rare to find even teams in battle in fact as per the S.O.P. if you dont have a 3 to 1 advantage then most wont attack now granted force multipliers and make a difference but an all out even matched sides fight  nope most times it aint happening'

Now most times I have observed the main time ppl complain is if they got the raw end of the deal,if they where on the winning side they often say nothing.

I just wan a good fight out of the deal made even sweeter if we win and beat the odds if they were stacked  and not in our favor. 

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

xXx_BulletMagnet_xXx #10 Posted 31 March 2018 - 02:07 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1041 battles
Disconnected from server on 1st sortie,fight to get back up and flying to help team,plane spawns into mountain.After 1/2 second burst from one of those 70% + w/r hackers 600 hp's pop like a balloon in 2nd sortie.3rd sortie mouse doesn't work,we somehow win and i lose $3,700,great fun lol.

Edited by xXx_BulletMagnet_xXx, 31 March 2018 - 02:07 AM.

eblingus #11 Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:36 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 313 battles
Yes.  Everytime I try to come back to this game, the combination of Bot AI and MM discourages me.  Really WG, if there are only a few humans in a battle, you should try to make it reasonably balanced and fun, not 'screw the guy that got the [edited]bots'

Also tagged with RNG, Matchmaker, AI, Bots, Conquest, Statistics, Lineup, Damage, 2.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users