• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

nwlxn12 #1 Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

Please either:

A - Give me the option to turn off friendly plane markers on the radar map

or

B - always display enemy plane markers on top of friendly plane markers.

Friendly planes pose no threat to me and it is always frustrating to look at the radar trying to see enemy planes on it only to have them hidden under friendly plane markers.  If I am fighting down low in a fighter trying to capture a zone and both teams are there, I really only want to see the enemy plane markers to see what threat I have to deal with first, I don't need an enemy plane marker hidden under a bomber or any other friendly marker that may be in the area.  If I want to see friendly planes I will simply hit the tab key and to find them.  Situational awareness was reduced with 2.0 and this would help me to be more away of my surroundings as far as enemy planes go.

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:47 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3725 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Postnwlxn12, on 26 March 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:

Please either:

or

Friendly planes pose no threat to me and it is always frustrating to look at the radar trying to see enemy planes on it only to have them hidden under friendly plane markers.  If I am fighting down low in a fighter trying to capture a zone and both teams are there, I really only want to see the enemy plane markers to see what threat I have to deal with first, I don't need an enemy plane marker hidden under a bomber or any other friendly marker that may be in the area.  If I want to see friendly planes I will simply hit the tab key and to find them.  Situational awareness was reduced with 2.0 and this would help me to be more away of my surroundings as far as enemy planes go.

If you had an enemy on your tail, and you needed to fly towards your friendlies so they can clear your tail, how would you be able to know where your friendlies are?  Hitting TAB in a dogfight will get you killed... quickly.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

nwlxn12 #3 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 26 March 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

If you had an enemy on your tail, and you needed to fly towards your friendlies so they can clear your tail, how would you be able to know where your friendlies are?  Hitting TAB in a dogfight will get you killed... quickly.

I know how the game works.  I asked for an option to turn them off which doesn't effect you in the slightest, so please save your "better than you" attitude for someone else.  Just for your reference as well, I prefer TnB fighters, which are some of the slower planes in the game and they rely on their maneuverability to stay alive.  Flying towards anything for any given time will most likely get you killed, even if you trying to dodge.  Seeing the enemy markers and which way they are pointed will allow TnB planes to stay alive better than trying to run to a teammate.

MARS_REVENANT #4 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:09 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3725 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Postnwlxn12, on 26 March 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

I know how the game works.  I asked for an option to turn them off which doesn't effect you in the slightest, so please save your "better than you" attitude for someone else.  Just for your reference as well, I prefer TnB fighters, which are some of the slower planes in the game and they rely on their maneuverability to stay alive.  Flying towards anything for any given time will most likely get you killed, even if you trying to dodge.  Seeing the enemy markers and which way they are pointed will allow TnB planes to stay alive better than trying to run to a teammate.

Well you certainly seem to know what you are talking about.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

nwlxn12 #5 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 26 March 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

Well you certainly seem to know what you are talking about.

Try it sometimes.

MARS_REVENANT #6 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:16 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3725 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Postnwlxn12, on 26 March 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

Try it sometimes.

I would, but the forum doesn't have a crayon option.

_Bruiser_ #7 Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4148 battles

You do make a valid request, but you have been around long enough to know (situational awareness) that WG doesn't care about a tiny issue such as this, especially in WOWP. As an example, have you noticed the changes to the battle results screen? Did anyone ask for or make a request to change it? Nope, but it was changed anyway. Any word yet on how exp is calculated? Any word on tracking the number of players currently logged in and playing? These are broader issue that still haven't been addressed. Not to belittle your request, but there are hugely more important issues going on.

I read your OP and thought it may be helpful to see better, but then realized you used situational awareness as a reason. Situational awareness is a reason NOT to have this option. I personally wouldn't want half my team not knowing where the rest of their team is at all times, unless of course you/they are only concerned about themselves in any particular match.........in a team based game. Doesn't make sense right? How would you know if you needed to assist your team in a capture or defense of a cap? How would you know if your teams bombers and GAA were going after that plant? etc, etc, etc.

One other thing........I don't know if you and MARS have history, but his first reply said nothing of being better than you in anyway. Then of course it escalated from there. You say you know how the game works........you do know dying is not the end of the world and in FACT improves the chances of you getting more exp, right?

MARS, thanks for the "crayon option", funniest thing I've read in a month :) +1

MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:28 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3725 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Post_Bruiser_, on 26 March 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

You do make a valid request, but you have been around long enough to know (situational awareness) that WG doesn't care about a tiny issue such as this, especially in WOWP. As an example, have you noticed the changes to the battle results screen? Did anyone ask for or make a request to change it? Nope, but it was changed anyway. Any word yet on how exp is calculated? Any word on tracking the number of players currently logged in and playing? These are broader issue that still haven't been addressed. Not to belittle your request, but there are hugely more important issues going on.

I read your OP and thought it may be helpful to see better, but then realized you used situational awareness as a reason. Situational awareness is a reason NOT to have this option. I personally wouldn't want half my team not knowing where the rest of their team is at all times, unless of course you/they are only concerned about themselves in any particular match.........in a team based game. Doesn't make sense right? How would you know if you needed to assist your team in a capture or defense of a cap? How would you know if your teams bombers and GAA were going after that plant? etc, etc, etc.

One other thing........I don't know if you and MARS have history, but his first reply said nothing of being better than you in anyway. Then of course it escalated from there. You say you know how the game works........you do know dying is not the end of the world and in FACT improves the chances of you getting more exp, right?

MARS, thanks for the "crayon option", funniest thing I've read in a month :) +1

Actually, I have been questioning the developers on the Mastery(Mystery) point system as well as requesting more detailed battle results to display how exactly he mastery or combat(personal) points are achieved. v1.x did have more detailed battle results, similar to WOT(maybe WOWS?) so really they are bringing back something they shouldn't have removed.  I'm glad they made this change, it makes much mores sense to see how you achieved your results, and you can modify your game play to make improvements in areas where you have lower results.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 26 March 2018 - 04:28 PM.

Dru83 #9 Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2295 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

nwlxn12 said:

Friendly planes pose no threat to me

Well, you know, I've been killed so many times by friendly planes, both bots and humans, sneaking up behind me, next to me. or even jumping in front of me. I guess they aren't expecting me to turn suddenly to clear my tail after the enemy is killed and I fly right through them. It's better to know who is flying in your blind spot. Yeah, I will agree that the old version of the map and separate radar was better, but I've gotten used to the current system. I've adapted to having the radar map zoomed in slightly so I can see better when planes are close in and using the tab map to see the bigger picture. Works better than constantly changing the zoom levels back and forth at least.

El_Mulo #10 Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8470 battles

View Postnwlxn12, on 26 March 2018 - 02:38 PM, said:

Please either:

or

Totally agree!

Also give me a rearview mirror or camera as in old 1.9!!! 

Any pilot  needs to see what happens in my six

What we say to death?

MARS_REVENANT #11 Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:51 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3725 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostEl_Mulo, on 26 March 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

Totally agree!

Also give me a rearview mirror or camera as in old 1.9!!! 

Any pilot  needs to see what happens in my six

We didn't have a rear view mirror in 1.9.  We had a target window though.  You can set up a mouse or keyboard button to snap the camera view to the rear, or snap to locked target.

I would agree, the target window should be an option, especially for the newer players, there was a lot of information in there that was useful in a battle.  Not sure why they removed it, I can only think of useful reasons to keep it in 2.0.

mnbv_fockewulfe #12 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 26 March 2018 - 10:51 PM, said:

We didn't have a rear view mirror in 1.9.  We had a target window though.  You can set up a mouse or keyboard button to snap the camera view to the rear, or snap to locked target.

I would agree, the target window should be an option, especially for the newer players, there was a lot of information in there that was useful in a battle.  Not sure why they removed it, I can only think of useful reasons to keep it in 2.0.

Clutter up the interface.

'Cause you know, more information isn't what pilots need.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

ComradeZ #13 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3012 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 26 March 2018 - 10:51 PM, said:

We -do- have 3 ways of looking around you in a relative hurry.

1) Press Q. See behind you.

2) Press C then G, C for closest deadly target (99% the one behind you) and holding G padlock views him relative to where you are.

3) Right click and hold, swing around with cam with a snap of your wrist.

Rear view mirror? Yeah, sure if we had a cockpit view. Oh hell no for Hud that we have now.

All I want is my damn bomb-cam back.

mnbv_fockewulfe #14 Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:33 AM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostComradeZ, on 26 March 2018 - 11:12 PM, said:

We -do- have 3 ways of looking around you in a relative hurry.

1) Press Q. See behind you.

2) Press C then G, C for closest deadly target (99% the one behind you) and holding G padlock views him relative to where you are.

3) Right click and hold, swing around with cam with a snap of your wrist.

Rear view mirror? Yeah, sure if we had a cockpit view. Oh hell no for Hud that we have now.

All I want is my damn bomb-cam back.

All of the methods you mentioned have limits.

1. Requires one action (pressing the key, and identifying what's behind you, also blinds you to what is infront of you)

2. Requires two action suffers from the same as above

3. Still two actions

Target cam

No actions, just an eye scan that is pretty much instantaneous

The HUD that we have now is information starved, and I cannot understand why you would omit something from the game that we had access to as default before.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

SpiritFoxMY #15 Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2504 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
The old '98 Battlezone had a 3D radar map that displayed terrain elevation besides location information. I want something like THAT.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users