• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Bubba_Zanetti #21 Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1271 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSonicPariah, on 11 April 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

Certificates can indeed be traded for Gold!

As for the flux and changes in the office, we are now getting back up to speed.

Once of my biggest goals is to make sure that information is being correctly delivered across all platform aspects in a timely and informative manner!

Careful...don’t bite off more than you can chew.  There’s a lot of history regarding player neglect, broken promises, and general incompetence from multiple WG organizations.  

Wish you luck and appreciate the enthusiasm!  But speaking for myself, patience is soon™ at an end.  

Maybe you can find out who and why they decided to remove aircraft Anniversaries, or the alpha/beta emblems that are clearly still in the code since most existing planes still have them.

Wait, are you responsible for all WG products as CM, as in your time is split amongst them all? :sceptic:

SonicPariah #22 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:00 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 25 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 11 April 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

Careful...don’t bite off more than you can chew.  There’s a lot of history regarding player neglect, broken promises, and general incompetence from multiple WG organizations.  

Wish you luck and appreciate the enthusiasm!  But speaking for myself, patience is soon™ at an end.  

Maybe you can find out who and why they decided to remove aircraft Anniversaries, or the alpha/beta emblems that are clearly still in the code since most existing planes still have them.

Wait, are you responsible for all WG products as CM, as in your time is split amongst them all? :sceptic:

Don't worry. I won't make any promises if I can't keep em!

Asking for patience would be a silly thing to do. All I can ask is that you give me a fair chance.

As for the Anniversaries, the 2.0 Update changed some things in that regard and we are working on plans and strategies in regards to how to handle that situation.

And, no. I am just Planes all the time!

Rico_CotC_ #23 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 569 battles

View PostSonicPariah, on 11 April 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

Don't worry. I won't make any promises if I can't keep em!

Asking for patience would be a silly thing to do. All I can ask is that you give me a fair chance.

As for the Anniversaries, the 2.0 Update changed some things in that regard and we are working on plans and strategies in regards to how to handle that situation.

And, no. I am just Planes all the time!

See, that's the kind of stuff that makes my eyes roll.  Plans?  Who cares?  I don't care about plans unless there is a solid front-to-back plan of action, with dates and benchmarks.

Might as well not say anything.

If there is a roll-out with a date range, sure.  If there are some nebulous "plans"?  Forget it.  Don't get trapped between the users and the developers.  Age old advice - underpromise, overdeliver.

MARS_REVENANT #24 Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:34 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 2994 battles

Looks like gold payouts are making it into peoples accounts.  87 gold per certificate.  So in addition to earning 2 Premium Tier 8 planes easily and completely for free, I will get another 3,045 gold just because I continued to play for the remaining weekends helping others complete their missions.

What it comes down to... WG just paid me(in-game currency anyway) to play their game and win the planes.

I'll take that any day of the week.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

POORBOY #25 Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:40 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1499 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 11 April 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Looks like gold payouts are making it into peoples accounts.  87 gold per certificate.  So in addition to earning 2 Premium Tier 8 planes easily and completely for free, I will get another 3,045 gold just because I continued to play for the remaining weekends helping others complete their missions.

What it comes down to... WG just paid me(in-game currency anyway) to play their game and win the planes.

I'll take that any day of the week.

Nice. Same for me. WG gave me two tier 8 premiums + gold on top of that for free, just for playing the game! Not gonna complain.

Rico_CotC_ #26 Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:19 PM

• 569 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 11 April 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

So in addition to earning 2 Premium Tier 8 planes easily 

That stupid claim again.

20-60 hours per weekend, easy.  LOL, just LOL.

Sheeple_Slayer #27 Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 515 battles

View PostRico_CotC_, on 11 April 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

That stupid claim again.

Yeah, I totally agree with you! This one (and others like him) practically traded days or weeks of his life for 2 pixel planes! Hey, you no-real-life neck-beards, those pixel planes weren't for free, you effectively paid them with your life! Pathetic!

P.S.: Of course, for you is not a big deal, you have nothing better to do with your lives anyway!

Edited by Sheeple_Slayer, 11 April 2018 - 07:45 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #28 Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:47 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 2994 battles

View PostRico_CotC_, on 11 April 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

That stupid claim again.

You are confusing time and effort.  They are mutually exclusive.  Also, I didn't spend anywhere near 60 hours per weekend. LOLOLOLOL.

View PostSheeple_Slayer, on 11 April 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

Yeah, I totally agree with you! This one (and others like him) practically traded days or weeks of his life for 2 pixel planes! Hey, you no-real-life neck-beards, those pixel planes weren't for free, you effectively paid them with your life! Pathetic!

P.S.: Of course, for you is not a big deal, you have nothing better to do with your lives anyway!

​Actually I got 2 planes + gold playing a game no longer than I would have been playing without the event running.  LOLOLOL

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 11 April 2018 - 07:48 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

SonicPariah #29 Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:48 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 25 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostRico_CotC_, on 11 April 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

That stupid claim again.

View PostSheeple_Slayer, on 11 April 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

Yeah, I totally agree with you! This one (and others like him) practically traded days or weeks of his life for 2 pixel planes! Hey, you no-real-life neck-beards, those pixel planes weren't for free, you effectively paid them with your life! Pathetic!

No need to be upset about this. Some people do like to binge game and for them it is easier than others. Working leaves me time to play, but not much. Weekends are for whatever you would like them for!

If 20 - 60 hours on a weekend is how much you normally game, then it may seem like a free plane. :playing:

Sheeple_Slayer #30 Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 515 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 11 April 2018 - 07:47 PM, said:

​Actually I got 2 planes + gold playing a game no longer than I would have been playing without the event running.  LOLOLOL

Ha ha ha ha ha! You actually confirm what I just have said: you have nothing better to do with your life! OMG, you really play this game 60 hours every weekend? No family, no friends, no social life? Wow!

Sheeple_Slayer #31 Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 515 battles

View PostSonicPariah, on 11 April 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

No need to be upset about this. Some people do like to binge game and for them it is easier than others. Working leaves me time to play, but not much. Weekends are for whatever you would like them for!

If 20 - 60 hours on a weekend is how much you normally game, then it may seem like a free plane. :playing:

Don't worry, nobody is upset.

But him, and others like him treated us with disrespect, saying that we are noobs and our WR is low and we don't know nothing about this game and we better keep our mouth shut and we better stop whining about all these bugs and errors, because everything we are trying to say here is wrong.

Edited by Sheeple_Slayer, 11 April 2018 - 08:03 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #32 Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:30 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 2994 battles

View PostSheeple_Slayer, on 11 April 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

Ha ha ha ha ha! You actually confirm what I just have said: you have nothing better to do with your life! OMG, you really play this game 60 hours every weekend? No family, no friends, no social life? Wow!

I think my average was about 15 to 20 houers per weekend. I only play at night when my work, family and social life are put to bed.

No need to get upset about it bud.  Some people can, some people can't.  It's not bad to be gud.

Peace, joy and bountiful blessings in your life.

Caducus46 #33 Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:00 PM

Senior Airman

• 653 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
MARS. Savage! Lol

lunber54 #34 Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:53 AM

Senior Airman

• 1971 battles
  • [TWE] TWE
I was very thankful to be awarded for my time and effort that I put in during the weekends to not only earn some extra gold, but 2 tier 8 premiums.  After my short time of playing the game I am extremely thankful for the joy that this game has brought me.  With the gold that I was awarded I have also bought the At 197 and plan on purchasing the tier 3 Blenheim bomber, or the Lagg 3-4. 

Reitousair #35 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:48 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3821 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

It was certainly a nice little pick-me-up for my laziness inability to get either plane only to end up getting some gold for the certificates that I earned. I may not have gotten the grand prizes but I came away with far more than I planned.

Now what to spend it on? Hmm...

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

SonicPariah #36 Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:41 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 25 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View Postlunber54, on 12 April 2018 - 02:53 AM, said:

I was very thankful to be awarded for my time and effort that I put in during the weekends to not only earn some extra gold, but 2 tier 8 premiums.  After my short time of playing the game I am extremely thankful for the joy that this game has brought me.  With the gold that I was awarded I have also bought the At 197 and plan on purchasing the tier 3 Blenheim bomber, or the Lagg 3-4. 

View PostReitousair, on 12 April 2018 - 05:48 AM, said:

It was certainly a nice little pick-me-up for my laziness inability to get either plane only to end up getting some gold for the certificates that I earned. I may not have gotten the grand prizes but I came away with far more than I planned.

Now what to spend it on? Hmm...

Glad you all enjoyed it! I know it was a bit of a grind, but hopefully worth your time!

Relax, enjoy your new planes, and spend some time upgrading your planes already in Hangar!

SgtZak #37 Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:42 PM

Senior Airman

• 729 battles
Logged in yesterday and received the message and the gold.

ExploratorOne #38 Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1629 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1

I was not disrespected or offended by MARS' comments.  I am a bit offended by being picked on because I sometimes like to fly planes a lot.  It is an entertainment for me.. Also, everything I do is part of my "Real Life".  I can no longer afford flying lessons or plane rental at $100+ an hour, so I have to use things like WOWP.

It would be nice if we could respect each other's choices equally.  Especially since none of this is hurting anyone.

Rico_CotC_ #39 Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:27 PM

• 569 battles

View PostSonicPariah, on 11 April 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

Upset by what?  The idiotic claim that the tasks were "easy" is offset by by the ridiculous amount of time some people spent doing the tasks - nobody really cares how much or how little time folks spend on their computers.  The objection is to the smarmy and condescending (not to mention self-contradictory) pronouncements by self-proclaimed experts.

If folks want to spend all weekend playing a game, cool.  But furrowed-brow finger-wagging from some keyboard kommando is off-putting.

MARS_REVENANT #40 Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:32 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 2994 battles

View PostRico_CotC_, on 13 April 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

Upset by what?  The idiotic claim that the tasks were "easy" is offset by by the ridiculous amount of time some people spent doing the tasks - nobody really cares how much or how little time folks spend on their computers.  The objection is to the smarmy and condescending (not to mention self-contradictory) pronouncements by self-proclaimed experts.

If folks want to spend all weekend playing a game, cool.  But furrowed-brow finger-wagging from some keyboard kommando is off-putting.

Just because something is easy for the vast majority of people, and not easy for others, doesn't make it okay for you to insult people.

It's okay for people to say something is easy.  That is not an insult.  No need to get upset about something as easy as a video game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users