Grumman F7F Tigercat Guns (hidden accuracy nerf)

Unusable aircraft Buffs needed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Mojoe_Bailey #1 Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:00 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1304 battles

I've noticed that the F7F guns are very impressive on paper and if you look at the narrow placement on the nose, these guns should be razor accurate, like Pancakes, but sadly something is amiss with them. I've been grinding the Tigercat and I suspect that the guns are nerfed because I've tried all sorts of angles to lead with them and the damage is comparable to that of a light fighter with machine guns only, and sometimes less on the first burst. 

The main problem is, I see sparks on the enemy plane (indicator that I've landed the first burst on target), but the health bar goes nowhere until 1-2 seconds later. And this might seem minor, but it is a huge issue when half of your kills in a HF depend on destroying a light fighter in the first pass, since many can simply swing around if they survive and dog you until you die. You can't shake a light fighter, so killing in the first pass is essential in F7F, yet it fails, even with all that firepower. Shots I have clearly landed are not being counted. Developers, please fix this immediately. If this is not fixed, I'm calling anti-American bias. 

I've already checked my fps and internet connection, so the fault is not mine. I have an above average win rate. I have scored over 28,000 personal points in other cannon and machine gun equipped planes before, so I am no lousy shot. I am guessing that the Tigercat has some kind of hidden accuracy nerf? If so, please remove it immediately! There is no reason to keep the plane as it is now. Why lie about the planes performance when in real life those guns were so accurate? Just look at the placement. Please fix. This makes no sense as it is now. 

mnbv_fockewulfe #2 Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:06 AM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Ever since two point oh, the hit registration has been mediocre. 

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Cenotaph #3 Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:50 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2450 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Hit registration... it is especially bad when a plane is being shot by multiple sources, often ignoring your damage completely.

It has very little nothing to do with nation.

Edited by Cenotaph, 25 March 2018 - 05:51 AM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you.

Reitousair #4 Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5929 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

F7F gets strange hit registration, for me it felt like when firing all the guns at once it was discarding my 20mm cannons when calculating damage.

It might feel awkward, but, I recommend you learn how to fire separate groups of weapons, when I started to fire only my 20mm cannons I started to rip apart everything in my path and would fall back to the .50 cals to keep up the pressure when the 20's were cooling down.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Mojoe_Bailey #5 Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:46 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1304 battles

Ok. Fire only 20mm got it. But STILL dude! Ridiculous nerf! Are the devs that scared that this thing will overpower the Zwilling at the tier? Just increase the firing range of the Zwilling then. Simple fix, and PLEASE DEVS fix this crapwith the Tigercat. Worst grind I've ever had besides Ki-43-II. We should be able to use all weapon groups on this thing and get massive damage. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users