russians nkvd fraud

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

SgtSchlautter #21 Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7001 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostPerco_lator, on 10 April 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

The battle plays out but the team that is ahead on points when the last human dies is declared the winner.

If that is the case, then that is just messed up. Can't say I've ever seen it happen though

gerr22 #22 Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:37 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5819 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
and what just happened to me defeat but top pilot in my team go to team stats LAST wth

Captain_Rownd #23 Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 3722 battles

View PostPerco_lator, on 10 April 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

The battle plays out but the team that is ahead on points when the last human dies is declared the winner.

I don't recall that happening, but usually victory is determined by one side either getting to the victory point conditions or one side losing all its planes.  I always watch the battle until the end, so I'll have to watch more carefully in the future.  

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9

Perrigrino #24 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7375 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

As I have mentioned before, this is not my, or the other pilots involved, first "RODEO". Combined, I think we have collectively hundreds of hours of battles, so what we are pointing out, is a very real problem with the game that will inevitably start to affect more and more pilots.

Is it a "bug"? Don't know. Never ever have seen game results being manipulated like this in any other game I have played.

To be clear: The Battles where we survived and SAW, CLEARLY that we had won, and indeed were shown to have unambiguously won, briefly, were subsequently flipped into "DEFEAT" once in the Hangar and viewing the Battle Results Screen. This was/is a complete 180 degree reversal. The opposing side saw the same thing. It didn't happen just once to me but others have started to notice. One incident/data point, is not statistically significant. We are beyond 1.

How long will one play a game, any game/sport etc where, regardless if you win, you will be handed a loss? 

Nice to see the issue being taken seriously. Thank you SonicPariah. Looking forward to the results of your investigation.

Perrigrino #25 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7375 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
The issue of launching the same aircraft into two battles simultaneously, is I believe a separate issue and may not be entirely related, only insofar as to focus more attention on the fact that the game needs some serious fixing. Being launched into those simultaneous battles had everything to do with the game crashing.

Perrigrino #26 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7375 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
SonicPariah, not sure if welcome is in order, as I see you've been around, but welcome anyway...

Perrigrino #27 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7375 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postpyantoryng, on 10 April 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

It sounds like the game concludes right after the last player died to me but still go on because you stayed in there...weird.

This seem to have some relation on the fact that in a 1v1 game, you can win the game right away by killing the opposing player and leave the game while your team has the lead...

BTW, did you catch the result before returning to hangar?

The Battle results from the first game, which launched without us, has zero kill/damage results for us, which is expected since we were not active participants. The second battle, in which we were active participants, is where the results were CORRUPTED, and it was not 1v1., but Flight v2. Same thing I witnessed in previous battles where this has happened. This phenomenon, two simultaneous battles, has happened to me on 4 occasions now, always after hitting BATTLE button, having the game crash, re-launching (sometimes with "clear cache"), and hitting Battle as second time where the aircraft is sitting pretty and available. As we all know, that should not happen if the aircraft is already in Battle. It has been a virtual impossibility up until the last patch. From the various and numerous posts about pilots having all sorts of problems with WestFall, I am not surprised.

Prenzlau #28 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15559 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Ok it happened again! I just got out of a battle that was a victory, then my screen flickered, and I was then inserted into a battle that I had not participated in, a defeat AND in a plane I did not fly in the previous battle I was in. So I took screen shots, and created a ticket. 

This is the bogus "phantom" battle I was not in.And this is the the previous battle that I was in.

Edited by Prenzlau, 12 April 2018 - 05:51 AM.

Reitousair #29 Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:03 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 13338 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

It has been strange to see these events go on lately. I myself ended up winning a battle I had no right to win and both me and my lone opponent were quite confused. I have yet to experience it again even with recreating what happened with both teams having their players wiped, 1v1, all of that and I still haven't replicated it yet. I'm genuinely confused how this can happen other than server error as my inability to replicate it means it's harder for me to understand or theorize why it happens. 

There's also the issues of phantom battles that seem to have been plaguing the game for a couple weeks now. These are incredibly troubling as this hurts active players' chances of winning and can potentially steal dailies away from the actual battle in an aircraft.

There was actually a day when some of my clanmates were in flights and they ran into phantom battles with each other. During one match where it was a flight of my clanmates vs. a phantom flight of my clanmates.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Premium plane reviews can be found here. Special project equipment spreadsheet can be found here.

Prenzlau #30 Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15559 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Notice the time stamp in the upper right corner of the screen shot. The battle I was in ended at 00:08 and the phantom battle ended at 00:05 which would have ended while I was in the middle of the previous battle. Also in the phantom battle I was shot down 3 times and destroyed zero ground targets and did zero damage to ground targets, which unless I was disconnected would be impossible for me or really any player to achieve that has any skill what so ever. AND I noticed in the phantom battle there are 3 human players per team, and it looks like I replaced one of them, but I wonder who originally was on that team? OR my plane could have been in the battle as a ghost plane, but without my knowledge of it since I apparently was in two battles at once at the same time, but only interacting in one of them.

So Perrigrino and myself are not "seeing things". Weird and Strange. Is this happening to anyone else???

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 12 April 2018 - 06:28 AM.

SonicPariah #31 Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:43 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostPerrigrino, on 12 April 2018 - 05:03 AM, said:

As I have mentioned before, this is not my, or the other pilots involved, first "RODEO". Combined, I think we have collectively hundreds of hours of battles, so what we are pointing out, is a very real problem with the game that will inevitably start to affect more and more pilots.

Is it a "bug"? Don't know. Never ever have seen game results being manipulated like this in any other game I have played.

To be clear: The Battles where we survived and SAW, CLEARLY that we had won, and indeed were shown to have unambiguously won, briefly, were subsequently flipped into "DEFEAT" once in the Hangar and viewing the Battle Results Screen. This was/is a complete 180 degree reversal. The opposing side saw the same thing. It didn't happen just once to me but others have started to notice. One incident/data point, is not statistically significant. We are beyond 1.

How long will one play a game, any game/sport etc where, regardless if you win, you will be handed a loss? 

Nice to see the issue being taken seriously. Thank you SonicPariah. Looking forward to the results of your investigation.

As soon as I hear anything, I will let you know.

View PostPerrigrino, on 12 April 2018 - 05:08 AM, said:

The issue of launching the same aircraft into two battles simultaneously, is I believe a separate issue and may not be entirely related, only insofar as to focus more attention on the fact that the game needs some serious fixing. Being launched into those simultaneous battles had everything to do with the game crashing.

That would indeed be a completely different issue. Please also report that to our Support Team for their end of the investigation in addition to ours.

View PostPerrigrino, on 12 April 2018 - 05:13 AM, said:

SonicPariah, not sure if welcome is in order, as I see you've been around, but welcome anyway...

As this is my first week on Planes, a welcome is most welcome!

SonicPariah #32 Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:46 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostPrenzlau, on 12 April 2018 - 05:50 AM, said:

Ok it happened again! I just got out of a battle that was a victory, then my screen flickered, and I was then inserted into a battle that I had not participated in, a defeat AND in a plane I did not fly in the previous battle I was in. So I took screen shots, and created a ticket. 

This is the bogus "phantom" battle I was not in.And this is the the previous battle that I was in.

Quite unusual, indeed. As I told Perrigrino: Report this to Support as well as here so that we both have records.

Zinro #33 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

Not sure if it is a related thing or not.  The other day I got tired of waiting in queue and chose to return to hanger, which the game did and I chose a different plane and entered a battle.  When I was done with the battle I noticed that the plane that I exited the queue in had indeed participated in a battle even though the game had returned me to the hanger where I selected a different plane to play.  I noticed something like this before but thought it may be a fluke but it happened again.  Usually the game doesn't return you to the hanger when you exit the queue and your plane has been selected to a team.  Phantom game was a loss with no participation from my plane.

Edited by nwlxn12, 12 April 2018 - 05:09 PM.

Perrigrino #34 Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7375 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostSonicPariah, on 12 April 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

Quite unusual, indeed. As I told Perrigrino: Report this to Support as well as here so that we both have records.

Responses to my tickets have not been taken seriously by support. Response to 1st first ticket was the usual and expected "clear cache", blah, blah. It's Supports go to boiler plate initial response to everything (clear cache, check your system, etc- which assumes client problem), regardless of whose problem. And since REPLAYS have been removed, it makes it quite onerous on an individual to provide the information needed. I do not live here in the 4ums, or get paid to live here, so my visits are infrequent. I love and enjoy this game so I try, in some small measure to help things along. It can be not only frustrating but disheartening when the one avenue available: SUPPORT - does diddly squat to help. To add insult to injury, WG has made support more robotic, likely to address the onslaught of Tickets, because responding to problems, is costing money$$$. The company does not have to pay robots to respond.

(Another example of lack of SUPPORT: hit the Suggestion Button in the Launch menu. Takes one to Support. Continue along and Support directs one to Forums to leave Suggestions there. Pre2.0 this didn't happen.- Why? It costs time and money to deal with these things and from a business point of view makes sense to get rid of noise.)

I am not holding my breath for Support to do something. It is the Developers that need to do something. They are the ones that Support turns to to fix what is broken. Priolia promised to take a more active role here in Forums back in Sept of last year, and I don't see her around. There is enough information contained here in this post for technical staff to look at the problem. I provided similar images in my 1st ticket to support which was dismissed. My second ticket was closed because I took a week to get back to it (images would not load for some strange reason after repeated attempts- told file too large, which is inaccurate since same source as all game pics). When I have a purchase problem from the Premium Shop it takes anywhere from three days to a week for Support to get back to me. Now because I didn't quickly provide the updated information they wanted, they close my 2nd Ticket for this problem, one week after submitting. WHY? WHY would I want to continue to beat myself in the head with the same stick? The issue of SUPPORT- or more accurately- the LACK OF SUPPORT, is another serious and confounding problem for the Community and needs to be addressed. Glad your here, but you are only one, and there is so much that needs attention. I don't envy you.

Edited by Perrigrino, 12 April 2018 - 06:54 PM.

Perrigrino #35 Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7375 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Summary:

1. Phantom planes- see forum for posts from others:

http://forum.worldof...visable-planes/

http://forum.worldof..._st__20#topmost

http://forum.worldof...-204-patch-day/

http://forum.worldof...tains-unharmed/

2. phantom battles occuring

http://forum.worldof...-fix-your-game/

http://forum.worldof...-leaving-queue/

http://forum.worldof...tuck-in-battle/

http://forum.worldof...-leaving-queue/

3. wins are corrutpted into loss. Fight fixing?

The two are not unrelated as one sometimes precipitates the other. The 1st one is happening with more frequency. The 2nd more serious and alarming.

Edited by Perrigrino, 13 April 2018 - 04:14 AM.

Perrigrino #36 Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7375 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

See also, for more phatom battles from others.

http://forum.worldof...996#entry730996

forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/52436-empty-games-followed-by-a-crash/

Edited by Perrigrino, 13 April 2018 - 03:05 AM.

Captain_Rownd #37 Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3722 battles

View PostPerrigrino, on 12 April 2018 - 05:08 AM, said:

I had an odd thing happen in the last week or so where my game client froze up and crashed as I was in the process of loading into a battle, waiting for the gray "awaiting players" button to turn into the red "battle" button.  It may have crashed while I used tab to try to look at the teams...I'm not certain.  Anyhow I restarted the game client thinking I would already be in a battle, but got the hangar screen with no indication I was in a battle.  I selected the same plane and hit "battle" and went into the queue for a new battle, which proceeded without anything unusual as far as I could tell.

Edited by Captain_Rownd, 13 April 2018 - 12:08 AM.

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9

Perrigrino #38 Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7375 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostSonicPariah, on 10 April 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

The game should have concluded once the Human Players were no longer present.

HOWEVER, I will gladly dig in further and see if there is indeed something fishy going on to make sure there isn't any funny business going on.

Please don`t take this the wrong way, but I think you are mistaken about how a `win`happens. I could be wrong, and frequently am wrong but I thought it was either, when one team fills the Superiority Counter past the predetermined mark of either 400, 600 or 800 points depending on tier and map. etc, or, second, if the winning team is in the lead in points, they can still be defeated by eliminating ALL the players, BOT and HUMAN, from the roster. A win does not appear to happen when you just eliminate human players after the squall line. I think it has to be all of the players listed on the team roster, unless I am completely out to lunch.

Problems have arisen in the past, where Humans check out of the game, either purposefully or not, and the team trying to win does not because they can`t find the absent players plane since it`s somewhere on the periphery of the map.

Edited by Perrigrino, 13 April 2018 - 02:43 AM.

Perrigrino #39 Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7375 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 13 April 2018 - 12:07 AM, said:

I had an odd thing happen in the last week or so where my game client froze up and crashed as I was in the process of loading into a battle, waiting for the gray "awaiting players" button to turn into the red "battle" button.  It may have crashed while I used tab to try to look at the teams...I'm not certain.  Anyhow I restarted the game client thinking I would already be in a battle, but got the hangar screen with no indication I was in a battle.  I selected the same plane and hit "battle" and went into the queue for a new battle, which proceeded without anything unusual as far as I could tell.

​Bet you had two battles going on. There is likely a way of checking but I don't know. Previously one could simply look at the replay log and the time stamps of those logs.

daNEBish #40 Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:41 AM

Senior Airman

• 445 battles

I'm not intending to call anyone crazy.

I have never experienced anything remotely like this and my intuition would suggest that there isn't some dark conspiracy that Wargaming is apart of because why?

Could lag cause this sort of phenomenon?

Also tagged with russians, nkvd, fraud

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users