Jump to content


Hey all... and Qs


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

MacDaddyMatty #1 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:56 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 333 battles
  • 79
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    10-07-2016

Just wanted to stop by and say hello!

You'll likely see me and some of my WoT clan-mates from time to time - we'll be the burning airplanes that fail to pull up out of a dive timely.

;)


 

I'm enjoying the game ...although I personally feel it takes WAY too long to get into a fight

(moderate queue time + 30 countdown + lots of travel to get to the target...)

 

I had a few Qs regarding gameplay...


 

- When shooting at an enemy plane (example P-38 attacking a mutli-engine HF or bomber from the rear), is it better to focus fire on an engine, or the fuselage? Or to just hose down the whole thing wingtip to wingtip?
 

- Also, I'd like to do some hunting of warships, attacks on convoys, bomber escort...

Are these game modes WoWP has had in the past?

Or just small elements in the existing scenarios?


 

Thanks!

 


Edited by MacDaddyMatty, 24 March 2018 - 02:58 AM.

A bunch of WoT players who occasionally get shot up by bots in WoWP:

 ▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌


SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:08 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1325 battles
  • 1,058
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

1. Welcome to the game!

 

2. I just hose em' : usually, things are moving too fast to take careful aim. The exception are Bomber flights summoned by the Command Center, where I deliberately aim for the engines. 

 

3. They're testing two new game modes: Invasion (where one side needs to capture all the cap points held by the other within a time limit or just exhaust the limited respawns) and Attrition (where each side has a limited number of respawns each - about 60 - and capturing and controlling points adds a modifier that increases the amount of respawns a kill costs). There are no other game modes although bomber escort... there are maps where there're neutral Command Centers that can be captured which spawn constant waves of heavy bombers (5 per wave) that will attack capture points. These waves are powerful enough that they will regularly capture an entire point single-handedly if they aren't stopped so shooting them down/defending them becomes a mini-game within the main Conquest or Attrition mode. 

 

This is especially noticeable on "asymmetric" maps where one team spawns with a Command Center right next to their spawn point and the other team spawns near a number of basic capture points. The most notorious is Archipelago: Decisive Blow and Road to Rome: Breakthrough. These maps make it imperative for the side that spawns with the Command Center to capture it and escort the bombers to target (or at least prevent the enemy from interfering with them) long enough, fast enough to flip the caps before the enemy builds up an insurmountable points lead. Needless to say, these aren't popular maps...

 


Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 23 March 2018 - 03:18 PM.

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


bjorn1984 #3 Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:10 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1780 battles
  • 201
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    09-01-2015

Q) When shooting at an enemy plane (example P-38 attacking a mutli-engine HF or bomber from the rear), is it better to focus fire on an engine, or the fuselage? Or to just hose down the whole thing wingtip to wingtip?

A) I like to shoot for engines. It makes harder for them to get away.
 

Q) Also, I'd like to do some hunting of warships, attacks on convoys, bomber escort...

Are these game modes WoWP has had in the past?

Or just small elements in the existing scenarios?

A) I haven't seen anything like this myself, but it would be some cool scenarios if done right.



bjorn1984 #4 Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:27 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1780 battles
  • 201
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    09-01-2015

Welcome to the game btw

 



MacDaddyMatty #5 Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:33 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 333 battles
  • 79
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    10-07-2016

Cool.

Thanks for the replies!


 


 


A bunch of WoT players who occasionally get shot up by bots in WoWP:

 ▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌


wscarter007 #6 Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:35 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2555 battles
  • 98
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    10-31-2017
Hello welcome to the game.  I usually just hose them, hope to see ya in game. 

NovaTempest #7 Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1174 battles
  • 142
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

Mac, Good to see you still kicking, and welcome to planes!

 

Some general pointers for you:

 

  • Broaden out your variety of planes as soon as possible, having at least 1 aircraft from each nation with a branch will help you get a general feel of the game, odds are you'll also run into a plane you're very comfortable with. For an early tier plane, i'd recommend the British Bristol 146 if you want a turn and burner that can last in what are known as 'furballs'.
  • Assuming you're using a keyboard, the E key will become your best friend in turns.
  • Try to get a plane you want to keep for low tiers, one for mid tier, and one for high tier, that way you can farm up credits, free XP, and tokens from personal mission completions and get even more stuff with the tokens.

 

Just some brief on-the-top-of-the-head stuff for you to keep in mind!

Happy hunting, and dont take it personally if you run into me as an opponent in one of my trump-card planes. :playing:


Edited by NovaTempest, 23 March 2018 - 04:26 PM.


NorthernPorter #8 Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:31 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Test Veteran
  • 1118 battles
  • 189
  • Member since:
    12-13-2011

Glad to see more pilots coming in! Hope to see you in the skies soon.

 

When shooting at an enemy HF I find it's hard to really aim for a particular part because I'm more focused on just accurately leading the target and landing hits. But when shooting a bomber, they're usually moving slower and not as erratically so you can better aim for parts, but even them I'm going for the fuselage as its center mass and easier to hit. I'll still get critical hits on their engines even when I do that.

 

Most marine maps you can sink warships. They don't move about so it's not much of a hunt but still fun to dive bomb or strafe. *Side Note: that would be awesome though if they did roam the map or could be triggered into action like the bombers with command centers!*

 

No convoys to attack, all stationary ground targets. However they did recently add a moving train in the one map for lower tiers, You can't destroy it but it's fun to try!

 

You can fly bomber escort/intercept on the maps with the command centers! It's neat to do from time to time, just need to make sure the whole team isn't doing that and neglecting the capture points

 

 

The game mode of past, in my opinion, was pretty much just a strict death-match with ground targets to shot at when there weren't any bandits around. Wasn't bad but I'm happy with the changes.

The new modes mix it up some.

  • Conquest feels like a king of the hill match but with multiple hills.
  • Invasion is an attack & defense of sorts where the one team has all the zones and the other has to take them in time.
  • Attrition is kind of like a death match but each zone you hold has its perks and makes each kill count for more.

 

Hope this helps, happy hunting!:honoring:



Furysghost #9 Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:58 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3561 battles
  • 216
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014

lf you have time and opportunity pick your shots otherwise take your best shot at just hitting a maneuvering  A/C....:izmena:

GL

Welcome to the friendly skies.



MacDaddyMatty #10 Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:29 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 333 battles
  • 79
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    10-07-2016

View PostNovaTempest, on 23 March 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

Mac, Good to see you still kicking, and welcome to planes!

 

Some general pointers for you:

 

  • Broaden out your variety of planes as soon as possible, having at least 1 aircraft from each nation with a branch will help you get a general feel of the game, odds are you'll also run into a plane you're very comfortable with. For an early tier plane, i'd recommend the British Bristol 146 if you want a turn and burner that can last in what are known as 'furballs'.
  • Assuming you're using a keyboard, the E key will become your best friend in turns.
  • Try to get a plane you want to keep for low tiers, one for mid tier, and one for high tier, that way you can farm up credits, free XP, and tokens from personal mission completions and get even more stuff with the tokens.

 

Just some brief on-the-top-of-the-head stuff for you to keep in mind!

Happy hunting, and dont take it personally if you run into me as an opponent in one of my trump-card planes. :playing:

 

Hey Nova!

 

I mostly run my premiums:

- Spitfire 1a

- Tomahawk 2b

- Fi 89

- Blenheim 4

- A26B

for the free XP, although I do have a

- P-40,

- P-38, and am about to get the F4F.

 

 

 

 

The UI is quite different than WoT, so I'm still figuring out a lot of stuff (no idea how to move pilots around so just grinding dedicated crews at the moment.


 

I actually play on a Steam Controllerfor both WoT and WoWP, but have the "e" key mapped!


 

Again, thanks all for the warm welcomes and good advice, and I look forward to tallying all you bandits and will be disappointed if ya'll don't splash this grape before he Winchesters all over your AOR!

;)

heh - pilot speak


 


A bunch of WoT players who occasionally get shot up by bots in WoWP:

 ▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌


Dru83 #11 Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:50 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1415 battles
  • 148
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    03-27-2016

MacDaddyMatty said:

(no idea how to move pilots around so just grinding dedicated crews at the moment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

When you move the mouse over your pilot's picture in the standard hangar view, a little box with arrows appears. If you click that box, a menu with a list of your other pilots appears. Click the pilot you want and he will trade places with the one you have. If you newer guys haven't found it yet, when you are flying premiums and elite aircraft, you should check the box to accelerate crew training. This is under the crew tab and can only be done for fully upgraded elite planes and premiums. It will take all your plane exp and apply it to your crew. This will quicken the pace of upgrading pilots and will avoid building up useless plane xp on premiums. Also, when you move a pilot from a tech tree plane to a premium plane, they have to be 100% in the tech tree plane in order to earn exp while flying the premium plane.

 

 

 

You should try flying planes from other nations than the US. US planes are primarily boom and zoom planes except for the teir 1, 2, and some tier 3s. Boom and Zoom planes are fast, while Turn and Burn planes turn faster than other planes. As mentioned above, the British Spitfire line would be a good place to start. The Russian lower tier planes are fun and relatively easy to fly and split into many different options later.
 

I don't see too much sense in flying premiums just to get free xp as there's not that much of an increase. I mostly fly premiums to do daily missions, though sometimes I fly them just for the fun of it too.

 

 

Hope that helps and keep the questions coming.

 

PS umm... I thought Winchester just meant you were out of ordnance and I have no idea what AOR is LOL.
 


Edited by Dru83, 23 March 2018 - 09:56 PM.


MacDaddyMatty #12 Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:03 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 333 battles
  • 79
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    10-07-2016

View PostDru83, on 23 March 2018 - 09:50 PM, said:

 

PS umm... I thought Winchester just meant you were out of ordnance and I have no idea what AOR is LOL.

 

 

Winchester - yup, "rounds complete" or no more ammo/bombs.

AOR - Area of Responsibility (or Combat Zone)

 

I use the Free XP in Tanks.

The Free XP and gold is shared by WoWP and WoT!


Edited by MacDaddyMatty, 24 March 2018 - 03:03 AM.

A bunch of WoT players who occasionally get shot up by bots in WoWP:

 ▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌


The_Wild_Weasel #13 Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:02 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1186 battles
  • 142
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Welcome "Mac"

 

believe me , WOWP will be the "new meta" ....for me anyhow.....WOT is so darn "toxic" , and Bonds/lack of tournaments, Tier 8 beat down , ranked battles, and the Bonds......literally drove me from WOT. (and after 26 k games,  and CW, it was time for a change of pace) so now its mostly planes/ships for me.

 

I think you will find this community far less toxic, and the game play , although far from perfect a refreshing change of pace.

 

Have fun  !

 

Patton

 

 



trikke #14 Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:09 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1501 battles
  • 943
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 23 March 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

1. Welcome to the game!

 

2. I just hose em' : usually, things are moving too fast to take careful aim. The exception are Bomber flights summoned by the Command Center, where I deliberately aim for the engines. 

 

3. They're testing two new game modes: Invasion (where one side needs to capture all the cap points held by the other within a time limit or just exhaust the limited respawns) and Attrition (where each side has a limited number of respawns each - about 60 - and capturing and controlling points adds a modifier that increases the amount of respawns a kill costs). There are no other game modes although bomber escort... there are maps where there're neutral Command Centers that can be captured which spawn constant waves of heavy bombers (5 per wave) that will attack capture points. These waves are powerful enough that they will regularly capture an entire point single-handedly if they aren't stopped so shooting them down/defending them becomes a mini-game within the main Conquest or Attrition mode. 

 

This is especially noticeable on "asymmetric" maps where one team spawns with a Command Center right next to their spawn point and the other team spawns near a number of basic capture points. The most notorious is Archipelago: Decisive Blow and Road to Rome: Breakthrough. These maps make it imperative for the side that spawns with the Command Center to capture it and escort the bombers to target (or at least prevent the enemy from interfering with them) long enough, fast enough to flip the caps before the enemy builds up an insurmountable points lead. Needless to say, these aren't popular maps...

 

 

i always learn interesting facts that i should have already known, whenever i read your posts, D!
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

MacDaddyMatty #15 Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:10 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 333 battles
  • 79
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    10-07-2016

View PostSlappedbyPatton, on 24 March 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

Welcome "Mac"

 

believe me , WOWP will be the "new meta" ....for me anyhow.....WOT is so darn "toxic" , and Bonds/lack of tournaments, Tier 8 beat down , ranked battles, and the Bonds......literally drove me from WOT. (and after 26 k games,  and CW, it was time for a change of pace) so now its mostly planes/ships for me.

 

I think you will find this community far less toxic, and the game play , although far from perfect a refreshing change of pace.

 

Have fun  !

 

Patton

 

 

 

Sadly I don't think I'll play more WoWP than the occasional break from WoT for 2 reasons...

 

1) Mid-air collisions where one plane is destroyed and the other isn't.

2) If one side grabs and holds the missile base or the Command Ctr, the game is over.

 

Those 2 things frustrate me more than anything in WoT.

YMMV

 

Mostly I'm focusing on the enjoyment of dog-fighting and trying to keep friendlies alive.

o7


A bunch of WoT players who occasionally get shot up by bots in WoWP:

 ▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌


LMG #16 Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1402 battles
  • 1,055
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on 24 March 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

Sadly I don't think I'll play more WoWP than the occasional break from WoT for 2 reasons...

 

1) Mid-air collisions where one plane is destroyed and the other isn't.

2) If one side grabs and holds the missile base or the Command Ctr, the game is over.

 

Those 2 things frustrate me more than anything in WoT.

YMMV

 

Mostly I'm focusing on the enjoyment of dog-fighting and trying to keep friendlies alive.

o7

 

Maybe try some ground pounders then? You don't really have to worry about the other guy surviving the ram, and you can flip Military Bases and Command Centers when you get the hang of them :great:


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

MacDaddyMatty #17 Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:27 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 333 battles
  • 79
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    10-07-2016

View PostLMG, on 24 March 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

 

Maybe try some ground pounders then? You don't really have to worry about the other guy surviving the ram, and you can flip Military Bases and Command Centers when you get the hang of them :great:

 

I'm quite enjoying my A26!

:)

 

 

oh and 

3) it takes waaaay too long from clicking battle until I get to click red planes.

 

...but I AM having a good time!


A bunch of WoT players who occasionally get shot up by bots in WoWP:

 ▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users