Adolf Galland Wanted to Replace the Bf 109 with This!

Fw 190 D

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Akirishin #1 Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2197 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Akirishin’s build/aircraft’s specifications begin at:  1:51
Aircraft comparisons begin at: 24:35
Combat begins at:  46:21

Greetings and salutations, this is Akirishin. I hope you enjoy this video as I talk you through my build and strategy for the Tier VII German Focke Wulf Fw 190 D Multirole Fighter. I will also compare this aircraft to other relevant Tier VII multirole fighters and, of course, I will feature some PVP so that you can see the Fw 190 D in action.

If you are not already a subscriber, I encourage you to hit the subscribe button. Also, if you enjoyed this video your thumbs up lets me know you liked it and is greatly appreciated!

Music:

Epic Battle Speech by Wayne Jones

Pisco Sour by Gunnar Olsen

Edited by Akirishin, 23 March 2018 - 07:02 AM.

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2197 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

250kg bomb - its serviceable. I personally think it IS a useful ground attacker because of its cannon loadout which allows it to strafe out heavy ground targets and is the same as a the Me265 ground attacker. It can help cap out a plant if necessary.

My skills and loadout are: Fire Retardant, Marksman I, Engine Guru I, Engine Tuning, Gyroscopic Gunsight and Enhanced Radiator, Reinforced Control Surfaces, Pneumatic Restarter and Control Surface Trim.

I think Evasive is a terrible idea for the Dora - your advantage is speed and maneuvering hard will kill your speed (I don't like Evasive in general - I have it on my Spitfire pilot and it doesn't trigger often enough even then). Better that you just drop the hammer and run like hell in a straight line, or at worst in a gentle curve. My next skill is most likely Marksman II.

I feel this plane is a magnificent hard carry airplane that can flip a match simply by its flexibility. It can ground attack, it can kill bombers easily, it can boom lights, it can catch and kill heavies... it can do anything you need it to do in a pinch, My tactics are basically the same as with the A-5 at tier 6, which is dive in, blast them with the cannon, then wings level, boost out, climb, position myself above the fight then idle the engine on the dive in to help recover my boost faster.

Never understood the hate for the FW series: A-5 and Dora are both excellent airplanes.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Akirishin #3 Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2197 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 23 March 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

250kg bomb - its serviceable. I personally think it IS a useful ground attacker because of its cannon loadout which allows it to strafe out heavy ground targets and is the same as a the Me265 ground attacker. It can help cap out a plant if necessary.

My skills and loadout are: Fire Retardant, Marksman I, Engine Guru I, Engine Tuning, Gyroscopic Gunsight and Enhanced Radiator, Reinforced Control Surfaces, Pneumatic Restarter and Control Surface Trim.

I think Evasive is a terrible idea for the Dora - your advantage is speed and maneuvering hard will kill your speed (I don't like Evasive in general - I have it on my Spitfire pilot and it doesn't trigger often enough even then). Better that you just drop the hammer and run like hell in a straight line, or at worst in a gentle curve. My next skill is most likely Marksman II.

I feel this plane is a magnificent hard carry airplane that can flip a match simply by its flexibility. It can ground attack, it can kill bombers easily, it can boom lights, it can catch and kill heavies... it can do anything you need it to do in a pinch, My tactics are basically the same as with the A-5 at tier 6, which is dive in, blast them with the cannon, then wings level, boost out, climb, position myself above the fight then idle the engine on the dive in to help recover my boost faster.

Never understood the hate for the FW series: A-5 and Dora are both excellent airplanes.

Well reasoned Spirit.  Thank you for your insight.

Also tagged with Fw 190 D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users