RU WoWP vets are shown the door and Dev Q&A on skill in WoWP

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:55 AM

Captain

• 20 battles

It is getting to be like this video on the RU WoWP forums

Will this replace the new Hilter rant standard in the future?

And a further clarification from Grenoli on skill

Block Quote

Grenoli # 228          Sent 19 Mar 2018 - 12:29
Ml. lieutenant

Developer
201 fight 

Block Quote

SaVFR800 (Mar 18, 2018 - 13:55) wrote:

Q. Dmitry Skobelev in the video report indicates a decrease in the skill players in the game. What do developers think the player's skill?

A. Greetings. The skill of the player is the ability to make the most of the aircraft's strengths, which, in the realities of the old regime, often resulted in one link or one player that could excessively affect the outcome of the battle. In the current reality, the ability to pilot-shoot is also important, but without studying the situation in combat, without coordinating actions with other combatants, destroying 10-20 enemy aircraft does not guarantee victory.

RU WoWP forum source link

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 21 March 2018 - 11:56 AM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

clodhoppr #2 Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 886 battles
  • [SF] SF

Ummmm....

That is no surprise...

What else is new?

MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 2985 battles

I think the title of this is a bit overboard.  The message can be interpreted another way.  I think they are trying to say that you need the coordination of the team to win, not just the ability of 1 player/flight.  So a coordinated team of mediocre players would win over a team that has a good flight and a bunch of potatoes.  I'm pretty sure this is more realistic to real life.

Also talking about the 'skill' required to win games prior to 2.0 just involved either stalling other players and bots out for the win, or flying GA, killing the other GA and hiding to win.  Was that the better way to play?  Was that good for the game?

Not much has changed when you think about it, other than WG forcing people to get  into the fight, and they removed the 2 exploits I listed above.  Even in 1.x a team of live players coordinating could win against a flight of good players.  Most times a 'skilled' player would carry by using the exploits, it was rare to see someone carry by getting into the fight. 

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya #4 Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 676 battles

Block Quote

In the current reality, the ability to pilot-shoot is also important, but without studying the situation in combat, without coordinating actions with other combatants, destroying 10-20 enemy aircraft does not guarantee victory.

Eh...  Well, he is talking right,  in current meta,  even if you did massacre to enemy team,  but it was performed on outside of cap-zone. (Spawn point, middle of bases, etc)  usually it doesn't give serious blow to enemy as you thought.  

but- We CAN'T co-op with 'mindless bots'  aren't ya?

Specially, when 9~11 of planes in team are on autopilot mode.

when I tries to cap some point with Bomber or GA,  some bots walk in to bar base with their planes,  and..   they got shot down easily by Enemy Player(J7W3 [censored]den, P.1101, and some good things for defending.),  or even by AA fire.(bot don't give a damn to their Hit-points)  Resetting Capture-point, ruining the match.

On this events,  They even cost team's re-spawn resources. 

They always need my care (clearing their tail, enemy AA..  nearly everything)

and THEY ALWAYS GONE when I NEED THEM(Following bomber flight, capturing underpowered garrison when we need to capture the military base)

I hope Wargaming talks bout 'co-operative' after they made 'co-op able bots'.

For now, these fools are ridiculous, specially on Invasion's attacking side.

They reminds me somewhat kinda of 'banzai charge' or 'Kamikaze' of WW2 Japan.

Edited by Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya, 21 March 2018 - 03:40 PM.

I guess, This pilot is worst teammate when you are on match, *Facepalm

Former 2.0 stat.
7155 matches,  53.12% win rate, Hall of fame 772.

Member Title : Senior Master Sergeant

soydivision #5 Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 562 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Frankly, these posts have minimal value when missing context and you know... proper translation.

mnbv_fockewulfe #6 Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:24 PM

First Lieutenant

• 231 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postsoydivision, on 21 March 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

Frankly, these posts have minimal value when missing context and you know... proper translation.

Look around, read the forum, watch some videos.

The context is there.

The value of the statement being: it shows what the devs think about us.

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 21 March 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

I think the title of this is a bit overboard.  The message can be interpreted another way.  I think they are trying to say that you need the coordination of the team to win, not just the ability of 1 player/flight.  So a coordinated team of mediocre players would win over a team that has a good flight and a bunch of potatoes.  I'm pretty sure this is more realistic to real life.

Also talking about the 'skill' required to win games prior to 2.0 just involved either stalling other players and bots out for the win, or flying GA, killing the other GA and hiding to win.  Was that the better way to play?  Was that good for the game?

Not much has changed when you think about it, other than WG forcing people to get  into the fight, and they removed the 2 exploits I listed above.  Even in 1.x a team of live players coordinating could win against a flight of good players.  Most times a 'skilled' player would carry by using the exploits, it was rare to see someone carry by getting into the fight. 

The exploits you mention were the direct result of the use of bots.

Which are still in the game and can still be exploited.

The mentality I get from all this is, "You do not get to decide what is fun, you're too stupid considering the bots are better than the average player, we will decide what is fun for you."

And before anyone wants to chime in and say, "Stop playing the game if you don't like it you idiot." I have stopped playing.

Very little actually needs to be said about the RU statement. It's all rather obvious.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

MARS_REVENANT #7 Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:39 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 2985 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 21 March 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

Look around, read the forum, watch some videos.

The context is there.

The value of the statement being: it shows what the devs think about us.

The exploits you mention were the direct result of the use of bots.

Which are still in the game and can still be exploited.

The mentality I get from all this is, "You do not get to decide what is fun, you're too stupid considering the bots are better than the average player, we will decide what is fun for you."

And before anyone wants to chime in and say, "Stop playing the game if you don't like it you idiot." I have stopped playing.

Very little actually needs to be said about the RU statement. It's all rather obvious.

Well thats one way to take it, but the exploits were there long before bots.  Flight of 3 players in C-6s going on a 100 game winning streak against only human players in full 15v15 battles.  Or even the good ole' days of 1v1 or 3v3 battles where there were farming agreements between GA players, or a GA that would just pick off targets a few targets to get supremacy going, and then hide.

A skilled player can still affect battles more often than not, but now people are forced to rely on actual skills and have an insanely good situational awareness.  There are games that are just unwinnable due to bot potato teams, but more often than not, I see losses due to other live players on the team, hitting GT with light fighters, or spending all battle going after bomber flights rather than helping cap sectors.

Usually if I am on a team where I know the other people know what they are doing... we win.  The bot potatoes will be eliminated if population continues to go up.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

Perco_lator #8 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 21 March 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

Flight of 3 players in C-6s going on a 100 game winning streak against only human players in full 15v15 battles. 

If you are going to use past examples at least get the facts correct, it was a 250+ game win streak in C-6's.

Edited by Perco_lator, 21 March 2018 - 05:20 PM.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

MARS_REVENANT #9 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:22 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 2985 battles

View PostPerco_lator, on 21 March 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

If you are going to use past examples at least get the facts correct, it was a 250+ game win streak in C-6's.

I stand corrected.

MelBrooks #10 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 7 battles
Every game I’ve ever played has an exploit or two to be found once you gained enough knowledge. They will always exist. WG’s attitude is the real issue. With a small population, skilled players who understood all the advantages only exacerbate the problem.

easleyj1 #11 Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2036 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
Who was that guy who spammed a XP 58 for like a 1000 straight battles and used every exploit in the pre 2.0 meta?

MARS_REVENANT #12 Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:25 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 2985 battles

View Posteasleyj1, on 21 March 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Who was that guy who spammed a XP 58 for like a 1000 straight battles and used every exploit in the pre 2.0 meta?

It was 1000, but not 1000 straight.

FlakValleyExpress #13 Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:49 PM

Captain

• 20 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 21 March 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

RU WoWP Vet players are being noted in getting bans now. Talk criticizing Update 2.X, Zzzzt!, Gulag.

View Postsoydivision, on 21 March 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

That is why I posted the link so you can determine data yourself. Don't be lazy and give lip for no reason. One could say your statement adds no value either, but I am not going there. I posted the information so you guys are aware and not to get blindsided by events overseas. This is a small world.

Vae victis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #14 Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• 348 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 21 March 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

RU WoWP Vet players are being noted in getting bans now. Talk criticizing Update 2.X, Zzzzt!, Gulag.

That is why I posted the link so you can determine data yourself. Don't be lazy and give lip for no reason. One could say your statement adds no value either, but I am not going there. I posted the information so you guys are aware and not to get blindsided by events overseas. This is a small world.

presidente de por vida

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Martymart1976 #15 Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2529 battles
  • [FK] FK
And why do people that don't even play the game anymore post in the forum or have an extremely low battle count?  One word...TROLLS....Don't feed them, don't listen to them, don't give them any attention.  Just bitterness that doesn't need to be spread around.  Move on good people, nothing to see here...

FlakValleyExpress #16 Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:12 AM

Captain

• 20 battles

View PostMartymart1976, on 21 March 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

And why do people that don't even play the game anymore post in the forum or have an extremely low battle count?  One word...TROLLS....Don't feed them, don't listen to them, don't give them any attention.  Just bitterness that doesn't need to be spread around.  Move on good people, nothing to see here...

I play. I'm on a break at the moment. And what are you, the thought police? I am allowed to post on this forum. BTW, I have not said anything in the negative on WoWP or WG in the thread. I am observing and reporting what is happening in the WoWP universe. I am sorry that the WoWP news is bothering you.

Vae victis

MARS_REVENANT #17 Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:34 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 2985 battles

I misread the title... I didn't catch the RU part.  Makes sense though, there are more active admins on the RU forums.  

soydivision #18 Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 562 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

The only intellectual laziness here is the mind that can only see conspiracy in the mundane.  Unsupported claims that "WoWP veterans" are being banned on RU forums, a video clip from Harry Potter to illustrate, and then a machine-translated post about something totally unrelated.  Thanks again for yet another segment of your hard-hitting investigative journalism.  

mnbv_fockewulfe #19 Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• 231 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postsoydivision, on 22 March 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

The only intellectual laziness here is the mind that can only see conspiracy in the mundane.  Unsupported claims that "WoWP veterans" are being banned on RU forums, a video clip from Harry Potter to illustrate, and then a machine-translated post about something totally unrelated.  Thanks again for yet another segment of your hard-hitting investigative journalism.  

If you'd actually follow the link provided you would be able to read for yourself that players are afraid of being banned and that there is a disturbing lack of a number of player profiles that had been posting in the last few months.

If you checked it with any regularity you would know that moderation over there is notoriously high.

But since you don't, Flak is kind enough to alert you to the situation so be grateful. 

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

soydivision #20 Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 562 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 22 March 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

If you'd actually follow the link provided you would be able to read for yourself that players are afraid of being banned and that there is a disturbing lack of a number of player profiles that had been posting in the last few months.

If you checked it with any regularity you would know that moderation over there is notoriously high.

But since you don't, Flak is kind enough to alert you to the situation so be grateful. 

Have you read it, yourself?  The link provided in the original post takes you to a stickied "ask the developers" thread on the RU forums that goes back to November 2013.  The page linked to includes posts going back to March 12, 2018, none of which mention player bans.  Either FVE was linking content related to his second point (player skill), or the content in question is no longer on that page.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users