My team bots is a hindrance not an asset

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Deplorable_Killer #1 Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:23 AM

Airman Basic

• 129 battles

I've noticed the defense bots are way better than my bots.  All my bots do is provide capture points for my opponents.   It changes the strategy of game when I have to race to cap a sector before my.bots start dying and resetting it   Bombers and GA don't seem as bad and actually do some good.

AT LEAST, make them leave the sector before dying.   And if they keep getting their asses kicked going to the middle - go somewhere else and quit providing capture points for the enemy.

This has to be VERY EASY to code.

Edited by Deplorable_Killer, 21 March 2018 - 04:24 AM.

cobra_marksman #2 Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2328 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostDeplorable_Killer, on 20 March 2018 - 11:23 PM, said:

I've noticed the defense bots are way better than my bots.  All my bots do is provide capture points for my opponents.   It changes the strategy of game when I have to race to cap a sector before my.bots start dying and resetting it   Bombers and GA don't seem as bad and actually do some good.

AT LEAST, make them leave the sector before dying.   And if they keep getting their asses kicked going to the middle - go somewhere else and quit providing capture points for the enemy.

This has to be VERY EASY to code.

​You Need to come to terms with 2.0..:izmena:.. they Need New Players to be playing the game. :child: So at the cost of dumbing the game:facepalm:  & making it easier for new players to enjoy the game, ( and come back ) to playing the game. This must be done at the cost of upsetting regular & seasoned players:ohmy:. I'm sure as patches come along, they'll  UNDUMB it a little, as Newbie's catch on to the game.:coin:

bjorn1984 #3 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1800 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
My advice is don't rely on the bots. No seriously, keep in mind that if you don't do it yourself, it won't get done at all. I know WG is adjusting the bot AI, and hopefully we will see improvements in the future, but the bot AI right now is a mess. Better than it was a month ago, but still needs a bunch of work.

HairyAmbush #4 Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:38 AM

Airman Basic

• 2043 battles

The dog-fight portion is excellent.   They pawn me at times, but I suck at dog-fighting.  The strategy of where to go is what sucks.  

I don't understand why more don't play this.   WOT and WOWS seem boring to this.   They do need to accommodate the wide range in skill level.  I gotta admit some of you all are pretty good.

Pogo68 #5 Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1333 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

I don't know about the bots being any good.

I've had fights where I've gone alone to an enemy or neutral airfield, shot down every single defending plane, both red and neutral and then looked at the map to find that not only have my side's bots not taken a single sector, but they're not even on the map anymore and we've actually lost a sector.

Edited by Pogo68, 23 March 2018 - 12:56 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

IRONCOW1 #6 Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:52 AM

Airman Basic

• 446 battles
I suppose there would be more players if the developers actually did something to improve the game. My issues are with useless bots and low FPS. But that's just me, I'm guessing everyone else has WAY better FPS and ping then me.

AmericanKestrel #7 Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1728 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View PostIRONCOW1, on 25 March 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

I suppose there would be more players if the developers actually did something to improve the game. My issues are with useless bots and low FPS. But that's just me, I'm guessing everyone else has WAY better FPS and ping then me.

If they want to entice new players they should start giving out gold to the top 3 human player(s) in each battle.  So much for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.  You get better, you get gold... tokens and gold for rewards.  Keep them flying and keep them coming back.

yangmang617 #8 Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1178 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
They also need to fix the part where bot GAA doesn't know how to fly over or around a mountain.  A potential imbalancing factor in some of the maps.  Can be infuriating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users