Me 109-Z

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

comtedumas #1 Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:52 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4895 battles
  • [FK] FK
any suggested pilot skills and equipment for the Me 109-Z?  I just got it last night, don’t have a clue on how to fly it.  Should be an awesome bomber hunter.  

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2494 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Gunsight, Marksman I and Marksman II

The biggest problem you'll have in this thing is its weapons spread - the guns are all widely spaced out along its front, fire slowly and have low velocity shells. I've had an FW200 fly right between my shots from 400m range. 

Apart from that, I'd recommend Engine Tuning and either Polished Coat or Enhanced Flaps, depending on how good a shot you are. The Flaps will help aim, the Coat will mean you can run better. 

Other skills... probably Aerodynamic Expert or Engine Guru.

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 19 March 2018 - 02:53 PM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Dru83 #3 Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2264 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
As SpiritFox said, you want to focus on boosting accuracy first, then anything that will boost speed. It's a fast, hard hitting beast, but it can't turn, so get high, build some speed, dive through a cap without turning, shoot everything in front of your guns, then get clear of bad guys, climb, turn, and repeat. It is definitely easier to engage bombers and heavies with this one. Light fighters are a lot harder to hit because they'll spin out of the way, you just have to have enough patience to not turn to chase them. Don't bother going to lower altitudes with this one unless everyone else is low too. You'll just become a big fat target. Stay high and fast so no one can catch you.

GiN_nTonic #4 Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:18 AM

Captain

• 226 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Seeing this thread I decided to try the 109z in this new meta, first game with 30mm config and second with the 20mm.  To me the 20mm was SO SO much better - and I think going with the 20mm you can spend your skills on engine first and wait on sights.

comtedumas #5 Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:32 PM

• 4895 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostGiN_nTonic, on 20 March 2018 - 12:18 AM, said:

Seeing this thread I decided to try the 109z in this new meta, first game with 30mm config and second with the 20mm.  To me the 20mm was SO SO much better - and I think going with the 20mm you can spend your skills on engine first and wait on sights.

is that because the 20mms fire faster?  

SpiritFoxMY #6 Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2494 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postcomtedumas, on 20 March 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

is that because the 20mms fire faster?  

They fire faster, have longer range and higher velocity shells. I'd swear they had less shot spread than the 30s but that again might just be RoF speaking. 

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

comtedumas #7 Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:34 PM

• 4895 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 20 March 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

They fire faster, have longer range and higher velocity shells. I'd swear they had less shot spread than the 30s but that again might just be RoF speaking. 

I agree, the 30mm are not as good as the 20mm.  I just tried it out.  

LeastWeasel #8 Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:41 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 748 battles

My bf 109z has turned from nightmare to dream; running a little differently from the standard...

Equipment: improved polish (dive accel)

engine tuning

Reinforced airframe

Skills:          Engine guru

Marksman

Cruise control or whatever it’s called

conumables: fire extinguisher

pneumatic restarter

engine cooling

I am loaded out with the 30’s, and paradoxically, the bomb. Built for excellent climbing, and better diving. With the 30’s, I cut a shallow descent through a cap fight in progress, and more or less put down as much damage as I can; any time you land a solid hit with the 30’s, it’s often a kiss of death. Drop the bomb mid-run, and save any serious altitude drops for emergency escapes. The Cruise skill means you have an excellent ability to reset/relocate between runs, and while I would have normally sworn by the 20’s, I feel the the 30’s short-range burst is better paired to a high-speed playstyle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users