For your consumption

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

mnbv_fockewulfe #1 Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:53 PM

Captain

• 661 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Hopefully you won't get indigestion. 

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

ArrowZ_ #2 Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:01 PM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

The downvotes says it all...

Alas I can't understand a damned thing they are saying! I wish this was translated.

Edit: wat da F.... that frenchie cracked me up :teethhappy: 

Edited by ArrowZ_, 17 March 2018 - 10:03 PM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Perco_lator #3 Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:28 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostArrowZ_, on 17 March 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

Alas I can't understand a damned thing they are saying! I wish this was translated.

If you watch the video on youtube hit CC button right then hit settings & you can change to auto-translate to english.

Edited by Perco_lator, 17 March 2018 - 10:34 PM.

ArrowZ_ #4 Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:32 PM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

View PostPerco_lator, on 18 March 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

If you watch the video on youtube hit CC button bottom right then hit setting & you can change to auto-translate to english.

Aw myte, you da bestest! It's not the best translation but makes sense enough.

Also in the video what's up with this guy and his identity crisis? lol...

Edited by ArrowZ_, 17 March 2018 - 10:33 PM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #5 Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:56 AM

Major

• 1460 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
that was like asking to be kicked in the balls

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

FlakValleyExpress #6 Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:20 AM

Captain

• 64 battles

View PostArrowZ_, on 17 March 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

The downvotes says it all...

Edit: wat da F.... that frenchie cracked me up :teethhappy: 

That was to represent the 2.0 player (French) vs the 1.9 player (German) that crashed.  It was interesting to hear the points of validity in wanting to bring up the current version of WoWP.

View PostPerco_lator, on 17 March 2018 - 05:28 PM, said:

If you watch the video on youtube hit CC button right then hit settings & you can change to auto-translate to english.

^^^ QFT

8.58 - "We needed to reduce the value of personal skill"

Overall what is interesting is the comments below on the video. What is important to note is the overall negative comments on the video. If you have the time, Google translate them. Supposively the RU WoWP region experienced a 40% drop of players, however again can't prove this factoid. I really am not seeing anything positive said on WoWP from the justification video. And oh,  if you missed one question in the video, someone asked the WoWP developer how many people are working on WoWP game. The WoWP developer would not answer the question and directed the question to something else. The poor guy looks like he got volunteer to give the statement at the Kiev developer's conference.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 18 March 2018 - 11:27 AM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018/2019

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

hoom #7 Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:26 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12045 battles
So is there actually any interesting content there?
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

mnbv_fockewulfe #8 Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:54 PM

Captain

• 661 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Posthoom, on 18 March 2018 - 11:26 AM, said:

So is there actually any interesting content there?

its essentially the apologetics of the devs reasoning for 2.0.

its interesting.

FlakValleyExpress #9 Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:21 PM

Captain

• 64 battles

UPDATE: Here is one RU WoWP players POV discussion on the above video

Block Quote

Most recently, the road to the forum found a video about the challenges of game design as part of the update 2.0 of the game World of Warplanes.

Here it is:

Note: See OP opening thread

This video is interesting because in it for the general public the so-called Pillars, they are pillars - empirical statements on which all further game design is held.

Of particular interest, in my opinion, is the quote: "If some design does not correspond to one at least of the pillars, it goes to the forest." (keep it in mind)

What was voiced as pillars:

1. A laur in which you believe.

This is how much the game conventions are stretched to the globe - is it possible to believe in certain gaming assumptions as a player.

Did it work out? According to Dmitry Skobelev, apparently yes. And from the position of the player? WoWP for elvenisms did not kick only lazy. And if you start poking a wand at every moment (this is long, but if necessary, you can also sip a separate topic), then moments when you say "I believe" in the game there is almost no left.

Verdict: the first pillar is completely and completely failed.

2. All classes are equal.

Once again - All Classes of Equal (this also holds in mind).

But then the speaker says: "It was necessary to make sure that at any time all our classes had goals, tasks and that there was no game situation when someone is left without a combat mission" and "classes - pvc and pvp, they had to be combined in one mode. "

How is the equality of classes that a priori do not have equality since they were born (why?) Different, transformed into "goals for any class at any moment of the battle" - this is a separate mystery. At what point in the development of the substitution of concepts and why no one stopped it - can only guess.

We pull out a bookmark about the "game design that does not correspond to the pillars goes in the woods" and ask why the concept of classes (which are something more than a formality) was not discarded as not corresponding? A hint on this lies in the third, fourth and sixth pillars.

Verdict: Instead of following the letter and the spirit of the pillar, a banal substitution of concepts occurred and the pillar is failed, in principle and completely - in the game the opposite is realized.

3. Easy to learn. Make it more mass and accessible. At first glance this sounds correct and logical. But is it?

4. The influence of personal skill. (in the sense that this influence needs to be lowered)

Several theses of Dmitry Skobelev:

- Ignorance of the rules should not prevent him (the player) from getting involved (into the game, into battle).

- Over time, he (the player) is aware of the rules and begins to play more effectively.

- Gradual submission.

These three points are "pushed by elbows" to each other, right up to mutual exclusion. As seen in the game. If the player can play without knowledge of the rules, then what is the "gradual submission"? And no. It came out not gradual, but spasmodic - the previous experience of the player does not prepare for the experience a new one (and maybe this is even right, but why then in theses to declare otherwise?).

- Respawns, regeneration of health. - The implemented gemdesign does not correspond to the first pillar - the legend and display of this legend are completely absent from the game.

Make the game mass and accessible - good intentions, but they paved the road is not to Paradise.

Especially convex it becomes against the background of statements about the existing limitations: "the game about planes, mostly about real planes." Aircraft is basically a skill-dependent thing - just because of how they fly and what is the conduct of combat on an airplane. And the decision not to build on the skill, but also a significant share of realism and historicity, akin to sawing the branch on which you sit. Again - there are different ways to do something, but in the game design WoWP about the first pillar, for some reason, prefer not to remember.

How does WoWP differ from tens and hundreds of other games? So that this game is like about aviation.

What happens to the player when he encounters a lor in which he does not believe? Comparison with other options for hanging out.

Will the choice of the player in favor of the filling not correspond to the wrapper? It is doubtful. 
Especially since the game swung at the "mass player", i.e. tries to compete for the player's time with any other of his potential pastimes. It's not just for you to "grab your share near the tanks," but to move all existing games, hobbies and other activities in favor of "sitting in WoWP."

With all this knowing about the limitations imposed by "the game about airplanes, mostly about real planes" all these limitations are ignored.

But even worse - as a result, the subculture of the virpils was ignored. (Why some kind of subculture, we are somehow - take the player's time in their favor for everything and everything).

Verdict:

The ease in mastering this in itself is not bad, but the chosen track, it is not even slippery, but simply paved with rakes. What regularly works on development. In fact - Pillar failed, except for the recognizability of the mechanic, with whom it turned out.

The influence of personal skill, attitude to realism - here the empirical statement itself seems to have traces of someone's strongest cognitive distortion and needs to be corrected.

5. Increased replayability. It is not visible. The game is full of activities that offer the game in anything, but not the pleasure of participating in the fight in WoWP.

And then the theses:

- The character of the aircraft - What? What character? The player controls the flying combat platform. There are no characters. There is a player and his instrument (s). All that is between the player and his instrument - it interferes.

- fewer skills - yes, you need to add abilities, more and different - the first pillar is a forest.

Verdict - development ignores its own basic principles. My applause.

6. The pace is suitable for everyone, different classes. - the first and second pillars? - No, did not hear.

Verdict - constancy is a sign of professionalism. In this case, how to professionally fail.

Here and so, a little chaotically, but it's a lot of everything that is diverse is affected.

Well, as a dream - I would like some discussion with geymdizaynom (FVE -?) about all of the above. Where I deceive myself, where does game design deceive me?

RU WoWP Form source link

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018/2019

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

mnbv_fockewulfe #10 Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:41 PM

Captain

• 661 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
FVE- probably means Grenoli (the RU equivalent to GP but with higher ranking)

mnbv_fockewulfe #11 Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:44 PM

Captain

• 661 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

http://forum.worldof...сказал-греноли/

Grenoli

Greetings. The skill of the player is the ability to make the most of the aircraft's strengths, which, in the realities of the old regime, often resulted in one link or one player that could excessively affect the outcome of the battle. In the current reality, the ability to pilot-shoot is also important, but without studying the situation in combat, without coordinating actions with other combatants, destroying 10-20 enemy aircraft does not guarantee victory. 

Perrigrino #12 Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:18 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7424 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

thx for this fockewolfe. Reiterates and reinforces that WG overall objective is to dumby down things for mass appeal. Quantity v quality. Quality loses. "Economics dictates social behaviour'", p.z..

( Pizzes me off that they don't even speak Ukrainian in the capital city.) 

Edited by Perrigrino, 24 March 2018 - 04:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users