Op. Westwall mission explanation needed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

TheKinetic #1 Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:22 PM

Airman Basic

• 75 battles

Hey fellas,

As a newer player I am happy grinding my way up the Tech Tree, but thought I'd give the current missions a go at the same time.

Gonna be tricky as the most I have access to atm is Lvl.6 aircraft.

Anyways, I just played a game and thought I had got one of the 'Additional Tasks', but it has not registered as complete.

Could someone pls explain why, from the screenshots below (and it was in a Spit V where all I shot was Aerial targets)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Many thanks,

Kin

pyantoryng #2 Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:24 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1296 battles

The +200 points bonus for downing enemy planes does not count; you'll need something like 10k displayed just to be safe.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

TheKinetic #3 Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:58 PM

Airman Basic

• 75 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 17 March 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

The +200 points bonus for downing enemy planes does not count; you'll need something like 10k displayed just to be safe.

Thanks for the quick reply... but... (noob alert) are you referring to a number I am missing on one of my screenshots, or perhaps some other detail of how battle scores are put together I am just not aware of yet? :facepalm:

Cheers,

Kin

pyantoryng #4 Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1296 battles

The +200 bonus to personal points on shotdown looks like this:

Spoiler

Here's a screenie of a similar mission later down the line

Spoiler

I've got 10775 points total, but the mission that calls for 30k points only adds 8975 to the progress. Let's just say that your displayed combat points does not entirely reflect on where and how you got it. You do have 6 assists (75 points each), a chunk of which would have gone into your 8120 points, so not all of those 8120 points come from damaging/destroying planes yourself but from assists...

I don't know anymore...but you'll need to score a bit more than the displayed number, just to be safe.

Keep in mind that a whole plane is worth 1000 points by itself if you can bring it down from 100% to 0, plus 200 you get from destroying planes for a total of 1200 points, as my first screenshot shows.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

TheKinetic #5 Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:48 PM

Airman Basic

• 75 battles

Many thanks pyantoryng, excellent explanation (hopefully useful to others at some point) :great:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users