"The end of Invasion occured pretty much as we predicted"

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

pyantoryng #1 Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:56 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2675 battles

...too many humans, not enough sectors or points to go around...

Spoiler

Seems unsolvable...please think about it...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Cloud_1 #2 Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:20 PM

Senior Airman

• 1506 battles

pyantoryng,

I can appreciate your frustration here is the response i got from submitting the screen shots proving I was not credited for the completion of the additional task in the missions. Did they even bother to look at the screenshots?

Respectfully

Cloud_1

Hey there Cloud_1,

Thanks for contacting Wargaming Support and for the continued love for the game. We appreciate your email! Let me help you with your Operation Westwall missions. 

I do appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this mission and its rewards. Operation Westwall has two modes, the Attrition and Invasion modes alternates per weekend so make sure to take note of the missions you need to complete. You may play and complete this mission on the coming weekend (Invasion; 17th-19th March). Please see below:

Invasion: March 2 at 17:00 PT (20:00 ET) – March 4 at 11:00 PT (14:00 ET)
Attrition: March 10 at 17:00 PT (20:00 ET) – March 12 at 12:00 PT (15:00 ET)
Invasion: March 17 at 11:00 PT (14:00 ET) – March 19 at 12:00 PT (15:00 ET)
Attrition: March 24 at 11:00 PT (14:00 ET) – March 26 at 12:00 PT (15:00 ET)
Invasion: March 31 at 11:00 PT (14:00 ET) – April 2 at 12:00 PT (15:00 ET)
Attrition: April 7 at 11:00 PT (14:00 ET) – April 9 at 12:00 PT (15:00 ET)

To know more about the event, you may visit this link:
https://worldofwarpl...news/west-wall/

If you have any other concerns please click on the link below for our FAQs:
https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/

Happy gaming!

Edited by Cloud_1, 17 March 2018 - 05:21 PM.

Socojoe_1 #3 Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:36 PM

Airman Basic

• 1463 battles
  • [VX9] VX9
No disrespect, but soooo many people have been complaining about NOT enough humans playing and now you are complaining about too many humans......

mnbv_fockewulfe #4 Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:42 PM

Captain

• 661 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostSocojoe_1, on 17 March 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

No disrespect, but soooo many people have been complaining about NOT enough humans playing and now you are complaining about too many humans......

Have you not eyes?
All the humans were stacked on one side.:facepalm:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

pyantoryng #5 Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:45 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2675 battles
What great idea, queue dump tier 10 in GAA...that might just work out...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

LMG #6 Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:15 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 17 March 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

What great idea, queue dump tier 10 in GAA...that might just work out...

That's sort of the problem when only one side gets GAAs and Bombers. If there's an oversaturation of ground pounders, they'll get thrown together in whatever the matchmaker can crap out :sceptic:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

El_Mulo #7 Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:11 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 14879 battles

View PostSocojoe_1, on 17 March 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

May be we are complaining about so few targets for the number of humans.
When you got to capture 300 points without being destroyed if there are 3 humans in  GA you are toasted.  None would get the goal.
Hope this make you understand.

What we say to death?

pyantoryng #8 Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:59 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2675 battles

View PostEl_Mulo, on 18 March 2018 - 06:11 AM, said:

May be we are complaining about so few targets for the number of humans.
When you got to capture 300 points without being destroyed if there are 3 humans in  GA you are toasted.  None would get the goal.
Hope this make you understand.

The real problem is, there are no humans on the defending side to couterbalance it.

A few fighters with heavy guns could have mitigate at least some of all the damage the players wrought.

LMG #9 Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:55 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 18 March 2018 - 01:59 AM, said:

The real problem is, there are no humans on the defending side to couterbalance it.

A few fighters with heavy guns could have mitigate at least some of all the damage the players wrought.

So are we saying that mass player-controled ground pounders are OP against bots? I thought that was a given back in Skies of Albion. Since bots mostly work based off priority targeting, they'll always end up ignoring someone. Just so happens someone thought it'd be better to have the bot fighter prefer eliminating someone that can reliably take them down over aircraft that can barely turn or pitch upwards.

Anyways, personally I think that Invasion could work as a PvE mode with some adjustments. PvP for the most part requires both parties to have moderately equal chances at victory. Invasion doesn't work because it's loopsided by design. The attackers have one real advantage, which is increased respawns (which is irrelevant if you're more likely to lose almost any fight you get into, regardless on how many times you try). The defenders have increased numbers of combat-capable units, access to autonomous and static defenses (all of which respawn if given enough time), higher map awareness with sectors covering over half of the map and respawn points everywhere (at least at the start, and often later on too). Unless there's a noticeable skill gap favoring the attackers, or bad decision-making by the defenders, the attackers don't really stand much of a chance. For Invasion to work as a PvP mode, it needs to either take away something from the defenders or give something else to the attackers to balance things out

However, in a PvE scenario (with the attackers being the players) the attackers would instantly get another advantage in the form of learning how the enemy thinks (turns out knowing is indeed half the battle, huh :bajan:). With that, you can actually set up a strategy to properly deal with the advantages of the enemy. I'd love to try a PvE Invasion on my GAAs with maybe half the attackers and infinite defender respawning (maybe fix the bug that keeps bots from diving on GAAs too). I believe I can take it, surely better than dealing with 2-6 live players that'll never let me get the upper hand :sceptic:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

ComradeZ #10 Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4045 battles

The optimism I see here is almost as amusing as the '3 stooges' aerial circus the bots do daily.

It will not be fixed. This event will end/fail (for us, not fail for WG as it gives them more $$ to not spend on the game) and another 'appeasing' event will come out.

This devs vs reality will fail like 'Aliens Vs Predator' no matter what's done, the player will lose and get lip service for their time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users