ground target damage

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

cpl_177 #1 Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:31 PM

Airman Basic

• 150 battles

is there a way to se how much damage I do to a ground target using  a beginner plane ?

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1700 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I don't think so, but if you're having trouble with ground targets, I suggest you check out LMG's Ground Attack guide here: http://forum.worldof...ff-up-properly/

Hope it'll give you some pointers!

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

cpl_177 #3 Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:52 PM

Airman Basic

• 150 battles

I meant to say using a plane like the American p_12 I know how but need to know if there is a way to se wat damage I done they took a way the ingame damage window so???????

LMG #4 Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

The most we have right now is the health bar over the ground targets. Sadly, it doesn't display the health of each building, so you'll have to guess which ones are more beat up than the rest

Edited by LMG, 17 March 2018 - 03:55 PM.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

pyantoryng #5 Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:03 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1442 battles

Individual pieces has never shown health...the overall health does give you an idea how much the individual piece has, though.

...I think it IS there, but getting it shown consistently is impossible.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

trikke #6 Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1729 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

welcome to the game, and welcome to the forum!

you'll have a good time in one, and you'll learn a lot in the other

you'll have to figure out on your own which is which...

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Wombatmetal #7 Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:24 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 752 battles

I will say unless you are flying a GA, you are not doing much damage with your guns. The bombs do okay, but if you are a heavy or multi-role shooting down planes is your first priority. Hit ground targets with ordnance as targets of opportunity. 

Welcome to the forum! Look forward to flying with you in game!

LMG #8 Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 21 March 2018 - 09:24 PM, said:

I will say unless you are flying a GA, you are not doing much damage with your guns. The bombs do okay, but if you are a heavy or multi-role shooting down planes is your first priority. Hit ground targets with ordnance as targets of opportunity. 

Welcome to the forum! Look forward to flying with you in game!

Actually, certain aircraft deal very respectable damage with their guns. Out of the top of my head, the Hurricane II almost works like a mini-GAA with the quad 20s (if you can keep them from overheating) and the quick-reloading bombs (didn't try the rockets), but I still say "clear out aircraft first, then go ground pounding". The only exception being doing a quick hit-and-run on an almost captured sector to flip it in one go, but those are rare cases anyways

trikke #9 Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1729 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 21 March 2018 - 09:24 PM, said:

i'm always shocked by the amount of damage that i do with the T5 stuka... super long range guns slung under the wings

pair them with marksman one and two and eagle eye... and a nice chianti = profit!

Pogo68 #10 Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1458 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View Posttrikke, on 23 March 2018 - 04:13 AM, said:

i'm always shocked by the amount of damage that i do with the T5 stuka... super long range guns slung under the wings

pair them with marksman one and two and eagle eye... and a nice chianti = profit!

Too bad the Hurricane IID which has the same gun format is a piece of crap
DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

LMG #11 Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

View PostPogo68, on 26 March 2018 - 10:07 PM, said:

Too bad the Hurricane IID which has the same gun format is a piece of crap

Multiroles with big guns usually have to shoot at ground targets twice as much as a GAA with a big gun. That said, after watching the Hurricane IID in action it's pretty competent all things considered (its 40s have double the rate of fire of the Stuka's 37s)

nexxus73 #12 Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:47 PM

Senior Airman

• 140 battles
So with beginner planes its best to just attack the defending planes and forget the AA guns ect ?  I've tried attacking ground targets to capture bases and I can never destroy an AA gun on the first pass, so I come around again and its seems to be back to full HP.

Reitousair #13 Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5017 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View Postnexxus73, on 19 May 2018 - 07:47 AM, said:

So with beginner planes its best to just attack the defending planes and forget the AA guns ect ?  I've tried attacking ground targets to capture bases and I can never destroy an AA gun on the first pass, so I come around again and its seems to be back to full HP.

Yeah as a beginner unless you're in a dedicated GA just focus on killing planes, you need some decent payload or weaponry to put a dent in ground targets so it's not worth attacking them in fighters.

Still for you to come back around and have the AA gun at seemingly full HP, that's, hmm... perhaps you're just doing such minuscule amounts of damage you can't really scratch the AA gun target?

Also, it seems like you're new here, so welcome to the forums!

Edited by Reitousair, 19 May 2018 - 03:05 PM.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

nexxus73 #14 Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:36 PM

Senior Airman

• 140 battles

Block Quote

Also, it seems like you're new here, so welcome to the forums!

Yup .. I'm new, Thanks !  Really liking the game so far .. now that I'm getting the hang of it, learning about bot planes, strats on YouTube.  What I don't get though is how does the system pair up players ?  Sometimes I get right in and others get timed out.  Does it take at least 2 RL players in a combat flight to start a game ?

nexxus73 #15 Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:39 PM

Senior Airman

• 140 battles

Block Quote

Still for you to come back around and have the AA gun at seemingly full HP, that's, hmm... perhaps you're just doing such minuscule amounts of damage you can't really scratch the AA gun target?

As I strafe the AA gun or other ground targets I can get the damage down to about 100 or so (lower tier planes, 400 range gun  - no higher yet) before I have to pull up, then swoop back around to the same ground target it seems to be back over 300 HP.  Maybe I'm reading it wrong ...

Pogo68 #16 Posted 20 May 2018 - 01:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1458 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View Postcpl_177, on 17 March 2018 - 05:52 AM, said:

I meant to say using a plane like the American p_12 I know how but need to know if there is a way to se wat damage I done they took a way the ingame damage window so???????

For the Boeing P-12?

With 2 7.62's?

I'd say don't bother, you'll be dead long before you can solo a single target box.

Stick to killing other aircraft.

With bombs, you have a chance to kill 1 target maybe.

Edited by Pogo68, 20 May 2018 - 01:41 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

SpiritFoxMY #17 Posted 20 May 2018 - 01:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1700 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

At your tier, use your bombs on soft targets (dots) rather than AA (triangles or "houses") or hard targets (squares). Your two bombs can take out maybe one light target (the little bivouc with four tents in a square) and that's it.

Like everyone is saying, focus on killing air targets - its a much more useful endeavor since each air target is worth more cap points than each ground target. Multiroles only start doing an agreeable amount of ground target damage around tier 4 and even then its usually still more effective to focus on booming defense fighters than trying to strafe out ground targets.

Personally, I run a Hawk III premium with a pilot packing the Demolition Expert skill so I can actually take out heavier targets with my two little 100-pounders but this is an inefficient build to use and I still do most of my capping with air kills.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

nexxus73 #18 Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:36 PM

Senior Airman

• 140 battles

Block Quote

its a much more useful endeavor since each air target is worth more cap points than each ground target

The problem I've been running into lately, with I think tier 2-3 planes is I'm destroying lower altitude planes (defender bots) and their high alt planes or REDS are bombing the crap outta the target and I cannot get to that height cause my planes Altitude performance is under 20.

So just forget about the high alt planes ?

Thanks

Edited by nexxus73, 20 May 2018 - 05:37 PM.

Dru83 #19 Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1832 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Nexxus:

Exactly, forget about the high altitude planes... stick to your plane's strengths. If you can't fly that high, then don't even bother. Remember, the real objective of the game is to control caps, not to shoot down planes or destroy ground targets. If you're having trouble at one cap because there are too many enemies, shift to attacking a different cap.

It seems weird for a ground target to regain health... They can respawn after being destroyed, but can't heal. Maybe you were lining up on a different target than before by accident? As others have said, you really don't want to strafe ground targets in anything other than a ground attack aircraft. Sometimes it is helpful to destroy just the gun part of the AA guns to silence them, but usually it is easier to just focus on taking control of the cap through shooting down planes.

BTW Nexxus, if you have specific questions about the game, you should start your own thread in the newcomer's forum, that way more folks will see what you need answered.

Edited by Dru83, 20 May 2018 - 11:18 PM.

trikke #20 Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1729 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 19 May 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

Personally, I run a Hawk III premium with a pilot packing the Demolition Expert skill so I can actually take out heavier targets with my two little 100-pounders but this is an inefficient build to use and I still do most of my capping with air kills.

SpiritFox can flip those little bombs around like hand grenades, but he has the experience it takes to anticipate where the bombs are actually going to land

if you're fairly new, it's probably smarter to either fly LFs (light fighters) or HFs to master the quick killing skill to flip caps, instead of trying to use tiny bombs

edit:  MRs are somewhat handicapped at low tiers, but you'll enjoy them more when you get older more experienced 

Edited by trikke, 21 May 2018 - 12:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users