Attrition Mode - Please integrate this mode with the game after the event

attrition mode strategy capping derpity derp

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Bobby_Tables #1 Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2937 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

I hope after the event ends that there might be special days where Attrition is the mode for all tiers.  

Why do I ask this?  It is because the Attrition mode teaches you that capping is the key to winning.  In Conquest, even without the bonuses in Attrition, capturing and securing sectors is key.  In Attrition mode, it almost makes you cap sectors in order to win.  For many players, the mindset is to get into the furball and then keep getting killed and coming back.  In both the standard (Conquest) and Attrition, the capping part is very key.  And then, once you have an advantage, you hold onto it.  Attrition teaches this very well, while in Conquest, this lesson is not as clear as players tend to gravitate toward the furball rather than figuring out how to win.  I swear Attrition helped me, and as additional bonus it helped me understand the role the heavy fighter plays since so many now think that turn and burn is the shiznit.

Anyway my main point is that while the Invasion mode is a little lame, Attrition seems to both teach and reinforce the strateregy to help you win in the Conquest mode.  I hope Attrition shows up after this event.

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 16 March 2018 - 07:06 AM.

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2165 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I like Attrition simply because it feels fairer. I haven't felt like I got let down by a bunch of bots that didn't know how to cap or defend. And there isn't the painful deathmarch of a game where no matter what you do, you cannot change the trajectory of the fight.

Maybe it'll feel different after a few more weeks but so far I enjoy it because it allows me to just jump in and kill people and not feel guilty about it.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Spyshadow01 #3 Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:22 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1355 battles
Agreed.  Invasion might have been a flop (though the xp earnings were insane on the first weekend), but I really liked Attrition.  Seeing this game mode in the regular weekly rotation would not bother me at all.

trikke #4 Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2013 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i second this motion!

and i'm told by some vets that attrition partially alleviates the pain of losing deathmatch, so...   i guess that's good

but personally, i never missed it

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

LMG #5 Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1668 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 16 March 2018 - 02:10 AM, said:

I like Attrition simply because it feels fairer. I haven't felt like I got let down by a bunch of bots that didn't know how to cap or defend. And there isn't the painful deathmarch of a game where no matter what you do, you cannot change the trajectory of the fight.

Maybe it'll feel different after a few more weeks but so far I enjoy it because it allows me to just jump in and kill people and not feel guilty about it.

Then you haven't seen a high tier 1v1 against a fighter while flying a GAA. I swear my GAAs are always worse than the enemy's :sceptic:
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SpiritFoxMY #6 Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2165 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostLMG, on 16 March 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Then you haven't seen a high tier 1v1 against a fighter while flying a GAA. I swear my GAAs are always worse than the enemy's :sceptic:

Well to be fair I've only played GAAs in a flight in this mode. I'm not a GAA fan to begin with...

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

NorthernPorter #7 Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 1500 battles
Yeah, I'd like to see this game mode incorporated into the rotation as well. Hope they increase the resource count though so we can duke it out a little longer though. Invasion mode, I could take it or leave it.

Bobby_Tables #8 Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2937 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

It has been awhile since I first posted this and I would like to reiterate that Attrition Mode is something that should be considered going forward.  

I made most of the points in my first post.  However, after the event ended, I find myself getting bored by Conquest and hoping for some other mode to change the pace.  

Thanks for your consideration.

Me.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users