For a change of pace, something that is not a complaint about Westwall

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

CorvusCorvax #21 Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1952 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 13 March 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

This is to make completing a mission for Rocket Kills easier, not overall improvement on general game play.  When the objective is to hit planes  with rockets, that specific pilot skill makes more sense, and you would be surprised how effective it is.

So, we have gone from how "easy" this task is to spending silver to reallocate pilot skills, right?  I'm just trying to figure out exactly where the goal posts are going to finally end up with you.

Face facts, if you can.  The task is not "easy".  Nobody is going to just jump right in and kill 5 planes with rockets, and three in the same battle.  No more than you're going to throw a complete newb in the cockpit of a T10 aircraft and expect them to score in the top three, even against bots.  Rocket-killing is a skill that must be practiced and honed.  Just like every other air combat skill.  You calling it "easy" is nothing more than arrogance.  

I suggest you just step back and let other folks talk about this particular set of missions.  For my part, your input is no longer needed.

MARS_REVENANT #22 Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:30 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 4171 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostRico_CotC_, on 13 March 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

So, we have gone from how "easy" this task is to spending silver to reallocate pilot skills, right?  I'm just trying to figure out exactly where the goal posts are going to finally end up with you.

Face facts, if you can.  The task is not "easy".  Nobody is going to just jump right in and kill 5 planes with rockets, and three in the same battle.  No more than you're going to throw a complete newb in the cockpit of a T10 aircraft and expect them to score in the top three, even against bots.  Rocket-killing is a skill that must be practiced and honed.  Just like every other air combat skill.  You calling it "easy" is nothing more than arrogance.  

I suggest you just step back and let other folks talk about this particular set of missions.  For my part, your input is no longer needed.

If you look back at the video I posted about this, which you said you reviewed, you will see I was using a tier 4 aircraft, not tier 10 and that pilot did not even have 100% proficiency and 0 skills activated.

Again... like I said "This is to make completing a mission for Rocket Kills easier, not overall improvement on general game play." Not taking advantage of things that are built into the game in order to complete missions is just silly.  I'm not moving the goalposts on you, I am just setting myself up to be a lot closer to them... which is easy to do.

If you want to put yourself in a bad position to start with, not take any advice, and put the blame on not having the skills to complete an easy mission, that is on you.  There isn't much skill required in this game, a lot of it has to do with knowledge, not skill, and people have been giving you hints on how to complete this mission easily.  Rather that taking that knowledge you come back with arguments about how it just cant be done, yet, you haven't adapted yourself or your game play.

Now that you have the knowledge, you should be able to complete the mission easily.  Whether you decide to use the knowledge you have been given is up to you.  Using/not using the knowledge does not make the mission easy or hard, the mission is the same either way, but it does change your personal experience with it.  It is up to you if you want to take the easy road, or the hard road.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Perco_lator #23 Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:10 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

CorvusCorvax #24 Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1952 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

You are completely full of feces.  All the way up to your eyeballs.  You have not paid attention to a word I've said on this, and keep insisting that your take is the only take.

You are 100% incorrect, and your assumptions are also incorrect.  The fact that you have changed the parameters from "easy" to "reallocate pilot skills" means that we both know that you screwed up in your initial assessment, and are too much of a coward to admit that your assessment was wrong.  You making up a particular attitude on my part doesn't change that in the least.

Now, please stop lying about my position on this particular pilot skill, and feel free at any time to grab a little humility.  You need it, and badly.

MARS_REVENANT #25 Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:22 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 4171 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostRico_CotC_, on 13 March 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

You are completely full of feces.  All the way up to your eyeballs.  You have not paid attention to a word I've said on this, and keep insisting that your take is the only take.

You are 100% incorrect, and your assumptions are also incorrect.  The fact that you have changed the parameters from "easy" to "reallocate pilot skills" means that we both know that you screwed up in your initial assessment, and are too much of a coward to admit that your assessment was wrong.  You making up a particular attitude on my part doesn't change that in the least.

Now, please stop lying about my position on this particular pilot skill, and feel free at any time to grab a little humility.  You need it, and badly.

Suit yourself.  I cant help someone that doesn't want to be helped.

View PostPerco_lator, on 13 March 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

Statistically, that monkey mashing buttons just got 2 rocket kills.  He would have got the third, but the battle ended too quickly.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

CorvusCorvax #26 Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1952 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 13 March 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

I cant help someone that doesn't want to be helped.

So far you have offered zero insight to the issue.  In addition, I didn't ask for your help.  I was making a value judgement.  When you actually have something of value to add, I'm sure you'll let me know.  

Sheeple_Slayer #27 Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 536 battles
Actually, this topic IS about Westwall, more specifically about mission 8.

CorvusCorvax #28 Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1952 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 13 March 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

This is to make completing a mission for Rocket Kills easier, not overall improvement on general game play.  

My original commentary was not a request for help in how to complete the mission.  The suggestions so far have been ones that are either obvious from the game physics, or ludicrous from a general game perspective.  The conditions for fulfilling the mission are not impossible, nor are the skills impossible to learn.  However, suggesting that the task is "easy" is not supported by actual facts.  The task actually requires knowledge of the game, the physics of how rockets work on a particular plane (and in general - the combination of the two is not immediately obvious), and some previously-acquired skills (especially if one needs to reallocate pilot skill points).  Grinding the Westwall mission is indeed possible, and if one were to play an unlimited amount of matches, one might eventually accomplish the mission purely by chance.  

Again, nobody, anywhere, has claimed the mission impossible.  Difficult, yes (for some).  But "easy"?  No.  Not by any objective standards.

Edited by Rico_CotC_, 14 March 2018 - 04:45 PM.

Sheeple_Slayer #29 Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 536 battles

View PostRico_CotC_, on 13 March 2018 - 07:16 PM, said:

I, personally, opened a topic about this mission no.8 sustaining that it is ridicule. The same guy and his horde jumped on me, telling everybody  how easy this mission is for them, the pros, and how hard we, the noobs, must play to deserve the prize. They even said that if we, the noobs, aren't capable to accomplish such an easy mission, we don't deserve to play in tier 8 planes!

P.S. That's why I bought the Do, just to show to those neckbeards that I play what I want and when I want, without spending all my life in front of a computer.

CorvusCorvax #30 Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1952 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostSheeple_Decimator, on 14 March 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

I, personally, opened a topic about this mission no.8 sustaining that it is ridicule. The same guy and his horde jumped on me, telling everybody  how easy this mission is for them, the pros, and how hard we, the noobs, must play to deserve the prize. They even said that if we, the noobs, aren't capable to accomplish such an easy mission, we don't deserve to play in tier 8 planes!

P.S. That's why I bought the Do, just to show to those neckbeards that I play what I want and when I want, without spending all my life in front of a computer.

If one puts value on their time, then indeed purchasing the aircraft might be a more prudent use of limited resources.  After all, we are alloted a finite amount of time on this planet, why spend it teaching yourself a skill that you will never actually use afterwards?  

MARS_REVENANT #31 Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:18 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 4171 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
A sad day when people convince themselves they can't.

trikke #32 Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:34 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2531 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 13 March 2018 - 02:22 PM, said:

Statistically, that monkey mashing buttons just got 2 rocket kills.  He would have got the third, but the battle ended too quickly.

spit take!  ty, Mars

there's plenty of room for all opinions here, so can we all just get along?

my opinion is that i won't win either plane and i won't be buying certs

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

CorvusCorvax #33 Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1952 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 14 March 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

A sad day when people convince themselves they can't.

Or maybe, people aren't actually saying that?  Maybe, what you're reading isn't "can't", but "unwilling to put in an unreasonable amount of time".  So far, you have shown a remarkable ability to put words in people's mouths.

CorvusCorvax #34 Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1952 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Posttrikke, on 14 March 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

spit take!  ty, Mars

there's plenty of room for all opinions here, so can we all just get along?

my opinion is that i won't win either plane and i won't be buying certs

One would think so.  I suppose there are real-life tasks that I would consider "easy" that MARS wouldn't have the first clue how to do.  However, in that case, I wouldn't berate him for his lack of knowledge or skill.  Funny thing about the internet, and the courage it gives people to say stuff they would never dare to in person.

MARS_REVENANT #35 Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:33 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 4171 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Whether you think you can or cant complete it, your'e right.  This mission required drawing a smiley face.  You're setting up to paint the Mona Lisa.

Everyone has only given you good advice about how to get the mission done, and you dismissed it all.

CorvusCorvax #36 Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1952 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 14 March 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

Whether you think you can or cant complete it, your'e right.  This mission required drawing a smiley face.  You're setting up to paint the Mona Lisa.

Everyone has only given you good advice about how to get the mission done, and you dismissed it all.

Your inability to read the English language is not my problem.  Either you're stupid, or you're trolling.  Either way, it's a bad look for you.  I will repeat it, for the third time:  I'm not looking for advice on how to make rocket kills.  It's not a skill that interests me, except in the abstract.  The "advice" hasn't been useful, at all, because in application, it hasn't worked (except by accident), or has been blindingly obvious (close range, zero deflection, etc.).  Quit pretending that this is about anything except your proclamation that the task was "easy".  It isn't.  It isn't about me, the advice given, or even whether or not I care about the particular mission requirements.  You can't quote anywhere where I have said I can't complete the mission.  If you're going to invent a position for me to defend, at least make it plausible.

Edited by Rico_CotC_, 15 March 2018 - 01:00 AM.

Sheeple_Slayer #37 Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 536 battles

View PostRico_CotC_, on 14 March 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

If one puts value on their time, then indeed purchasing the aircraft might be a more prudent use of limited resources.  After all, we are alloted a finite amount of time on this planet, why spend it teaching yourself a skill that you will never actually use afterwards?  

Of course I don't have the time to play all day, like these neckbeards who call themselves "pros" because they spend their life in front of a computer, playing video games! Like I said, I play 30 min. - 1 hour per day, for fun. And because this Do. seems to be a fun plane to play (after I watched some reviews on YouTube) , I decided to buy it. Indeed, it seems to be good at decimating neckbeards!

CorvusCorvax #38 Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1952 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostSheeple_Decimator, on 15 March 2018 - 02:10 AM, said:

Of course I don't have the time to play all day, like these neckbeards who call themselves "pros" because they spend their life in front of a computer, playing video games! Like I said, I play 30 min. - 1 hour per day, for fun. And because this Do. seems to be a fun plane to play (after I watched some reviews on YouTube) , I decided to buy it. Indeed, it seems to be good at decimating neckbeards!

I should watch it play.  Looking at the armament, I am concerned about it being undergunned at tier.

Sheeple_Slayer #39 Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 536 battles

View PostRico_CotC_, on 15 March 2018 - 03:26 AM, said:

I should watch it play.  Looking at the armament, I am concerned about it being undergunned at tier.

Those guns take a lot of time to overheat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users