There is a 0% chance anyone will get the Do 335

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

SgtSchlautter #41 Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7031 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostPostTraumatic, on 13 March 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

I got mine...  Good luck peeps.  Usually when you dont get it some part of the mission is not properly completed.

I have no idea why it is working for some and simply not working for most. The mission even doesn't work at times when people try to pay with certificates. Therefore, that is absolutely a bug, not a matter of not fulfilling the conditions. There are 3 conditions for the final mission: kill 15 ENEMY planes (not bomber formations or air defense), die no more than 2 times (the third time you die, you cannot complete it), and win. Unless there is another hidden requirement, I have met these conditions in at least 2 different matches. Let me know if I did not understand one of the requirements of the mission correctly, because I'd love to know how to get it next weekend. 

PostTraumatic #42 Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:23 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1536 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

Hey this is pure speculation but... tons of people are having issues with this update.  I cannot tell you how many people cane to the B&G talking about problems.  I would telle them to clear their cache and it would fix the issue with this update every time.  

Now what I am wondering is, Are the problems with mission completion related to cache not being clear?  Who cleared their cache and also did not get the prize plane?  Those who did not get it, did you clear the cache after update?  I am just wondering if this is the cause.  buggy patch.  It is advisable to always clear cache after update.  I do it daily.

Wombatmetal #43 Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1141 battles

View PostPostTraumatic, on 14 March 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

Hey this is pure speculation but... tons of people are having issues with this update.  I cannot tell you how many people cane to the B&G talking about problems.  I would telle them to clear their cache and it would fix the issue with this update every time.  

Now what I am wondering is, Are the problems with mission completion related to cache not being clear?  Who cleared their cache and also did not get the prize plane?  Those who did not get it, did you clear the cache after update?  I am just wondering if this is the cause.  buggy patch.  It is advisable to always clear cache after update.  I do it daily.

I made a bat file that clears the cache whenever I start the game.  It goes like this:

rmdir /S /Q "%temp%\wargaming.net\wowp"
C:\World_of_Warplanes_NA\WorldOfWarplanes.exe

SpiritFoxMY #44 Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:41 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6222 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostPostTraumatic, on 15 March 2018 - 04:23 AM, said:

I understand this bug mostly affects people who have bought at least some of the missions, but not all. People who either bought the thing straight or won it straight might have had fewer issues

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

StoptheViolins #45 Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2186 battles
I evaluated each set of missions and did the ones that were easy and skipped the grind fest.  This allowed me to fly my research planes and get both planes in a weekend for the price of 2 t8 premiums.

If you had to choose between the two get the XF15 as it feels like it fits in the meta better.

pyantoryng #46 Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:12 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3173 battles

View PostStoptheViolins, on 15 March 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

I evaluated each set of missions and did the ones that were easy and skipped the grind fest. This allowed me to fly my research planes and get both planes in a weekend for the price of 2 t8 premiums.

If you had to choose between the two get the XF15 as it feels like it fits in the meta better.

More like XF15C is more conventional than the Do335 which is basically a souped-up 209 with Ta 152 power/handling and some more...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

SgtSchlautter #47 Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7031 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostPostTraumatic, on 15 March 2018 - 04:23 AM, said:

The cache issue is super annoying. But at least it does fix most minor issues as you mentioned. However, even with starting up every time with cache cleared, the missions were still bugged. So that is not in of itself the problem

FreeFOXMIKE #48 Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:05 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 5516 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

latest update allowed the AC should be fixed for all

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

toshiaki_virgin #49 Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8280 battles

i got 335.:)

thank you.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #50 Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2395 battles

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 13 March 2018 - 12:32 AM, said:

Yeah, next Attrition weekend I'm probably looking at another three to four hours or so unless I get a whole lot luckier, as so far when averaged out I'm getting credit for advancement of a bit less than one plane per match.

Heading towards pushing ten hours plus on just half of one task is more than a bit silly;

Finally got the last (14) of (50) bombers or GAA from the red combat group in victories, which took another three hours or so and probably a dozen matches.

Yet again I had back to back matches where either blue lost or there was only a single GAA but no bombers on red.

But I'll only end up getting the Dornier if I drop $$$ for at least forty-two certificates; primarily because my only GAA are tiers III & V.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Capture Points & You --- Graphic Settings Explored --- Grinding Tokens; Not so Daily Missions --- Ground Targets & Mission Types in 2.0 --- Equipment 2.0.5; Huh?

Wombatmetal #51 Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1141 battles

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 23 March 2018 - 10:17 PM, said:

Finally got the last (14) of (50) bombers or GAA from the red combat group in victories, which took another three hours or so and probably a dozen matches.

Yet again I had back to back matches where either blue lost or there was only a single GAA but no bombers on red.

But I'll only end up getting the Dornier if I drop $$$ for at least forty-two certificates; primarily because my only GAA are tiers III & V.

You can get free certs by placing on the leader board. If you place in the top 100 you will get 15 certs each of the next 3 weekends. 

SpiritFoxMY #52 Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:54 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6222 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
You'd have to play a LOT to get top 100 I think.

Wombatmetal #53 Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1141 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 23 March 2018 - 11:54 PM, said:

Even if you make the top 250, you get 5 certs a weekend, and that's not hard at all. How much grinding it takes for the top 100 depends on how many good games you have. You played several hours so you are well on the way.

I'm just saying it can be done.  You can earn the planes through missions, or you can augment by making the leaderboard. Or you can buy certs. Or some combination. I think it would be easy enough to get the certs to bypass the GAA based missions. The whole thing is doable

SpiritFoxMY #54 Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:44 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6222 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 24 March 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

Even if you make the top 250, you get 5 certs a weekend, and that's not hard at all. How much grinding it takes for the top 100 depends on how many good games you have. You played several hours so you are well on the way.

I'm just saying it can be done.  You can earn the planes through missions, or you can augment by making the leaderboard. Or you can buy certs. Or some combination. I think it would be easy enough to get the certs to bypass the GAA based missions. The whole thing is doable

I have a ton of certs that I bought :P I'm just pointing out that the top 10 on the leaderboard have 250k+ PP as of... oh five hours ago XD

I'm sitting at 35k after three games. Its doable. Just need to be really diligent at it.

pyantoryng #55 Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:55 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3173 battles

There has to be the 3-day overtime or those certs will be useless...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #56 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2395 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 24 March 2018 - 05:54 AM, said:

ayup, the more I think on this inclusion the more I realize Wargaming thought it out with quite a lot more cleverness than is usual for them.

- Keeps folks who already have the plane(s), or were otherwise uninterested in the Westwall event, playing to try and one-up each other for the end of weekend scoreboard.

- Keeps most elite players out of the lower tiers while increasing the numbers queuing for tier VIII to X, where a more significant amount of points can be earned.

- Stymies completing involved missions by shortening match lengths at high tiers while filling the team lineups with even more human competition for just a few targets, leaving buying certificates as the more viable option.

- Ensures pretty much no one who might need certificates will manage to make it into the top 100 bracket; (5) certificates as a reward does not lower any task bypass cost enough to allow purchasing a smaller pack of them.

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 24 March 2018 - 06:35 AM, said:

Even if you make the top 250, you get 5 certs a weekend, and that's not hard at all.

or you can augment by making the leaderboard.

The whole thing is doable

I might disagree.

Because I had to do IRL things, and couldn't play all day, I logged in just now to find I had dropped over five hundred places, back almost to 700 which is about where I started last night.

My first match, just six hundred'ish points shy of a Winged Legend medal, only moved me back up around four hundred places; just barely into the ''5 certificates & 30K silver'' ''reward'' bracket.

After playing Saturday afternoon and evening I only managed to reach 180, then dropped back a place just while I was looking at that result.

Yet all of that effort, that went nowhere, included at least two sixteen kay matches, one battle over eighteen kay, and a number of ten to twelve kay ''personal point'' scores.

This afternoon, Sunday, just by not playing ''only'' twelve hours since I logged off Saturday evening I'd been dropped back eighty odd places and six games later I'd barely clawed back up fifty spots.

I ended this weekend with maybe nineteen hours or so played, placing 196th with (487K) points - whether or not that will keep me in the five hundred bracket come tomorrow is questionable.

Just, utterly pointless - but at least the folks going around flying their Pancakes/'Spits/ILs are having a blast; current ''top ten'', between one to one and three quarter million points.....

Meanwhile, if I dare to queue a plane that might have some chance of accomplishing a major task, just like last night I'll merely run afoul of the folks topping out the leaderboard.

Friday evening I queued the FJ1 and had multiple leaders on each team in back to back matches, while in five matches with the XP-72 late this afternoon three had one or more players from the top ten on red.

They can stat pad off someone else this weekend, I already do enough of that during the regular week.

So, 4Q Wargaming and your constant Bravo Sierra pandering of those who already earn everything with ease; I spent my minuscule state tax return on a family treat by getting take-out after doing monthly errands today.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 26 March 2018 - 04:19 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

Capture Points & You --- Graphic Settings Explored --- Grinding Tokens; Not so Daily Missions --- Ground Targets & Mission Types in 2.0 --- Equipment 2.0.5; Huh?

ComradeZ #57 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4045 battles

Yeah, this whole series is not worth it. I've flighted up with a few friends and had to deal with this bug.  I think both planes are crap and easy to shoot down, but I guess it's for collectors and people who want to line WG's pockets...it's if they knew tax return season was around this month.

0/10 Total fail event.

comtedumas #58 Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6887 battles

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 24 March 2018 - 01:17 AM, said:

I finally had to start flying my A26B to kill bombers to make sure the other side had bombers on it.  

Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #59 Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:38 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2395 battles

I came within one minute of completing the last primary task for the Dornier, shooting down (19) planes with the FJ1 (almost 17K plus Hero of the Sky & etc), only to have red turn all of the caps - losing 0 to 3.

Can't even get lucky enough to earn a damn pilot for a plane I no longer want, on top of the other minuscule ''rewards'' per task; what a joke.

Sold off two tier VIII planes, and I'll finish grinding out the Sabre, but otherwise I don't see myself bothering too awful much with this game anymore unless folks I know are on and I feel like bothering with the bugs.

I suspect I won't be the only one sharing that attitude given all that Albion and now Westwall has done for the player-base.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 25 March 2018 - 09:08 AM.

5801234590.png

pyantoryng #60 Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:16 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3173 battles

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 25 March 2018 - 08:38 AM, said:

I came within one minute of completing the last primary task for the Dornier, shooting down (19) planes with the FJ1 (almost 17K plus Hero of the Sky & etc), only to have red turn all of the caps - losing 0 to 3.

Can't even get lucky enough to earn a damn pilot for a plane I no longer want, on top of the other minuscule ''rewards'' per task; what a joke.

Sold off two tier VIII planes, and I'll finish grinding out the Sabre, but otherwise I don't see myself bothering too awful much with this game anymore unless folks I know are on and I feel like bothering with the bugs.

I suspect I won't be the only one sharing that attitude given all that Albion and now Westwall has done for the player-base.

S*t like that keep on happening...like me getting a REALLY good games in two deaths or nailed a lot of GAA...both times with the wrong mission active.

Like I said all too many times, this format relies on artificial difficulty...just like the Tanks' personal campaign before the change that toned it down significantly, but that's because it was here to stay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users