There is a 0% chance anyone will get the Do 335

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

SgtSchlautter #1 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:29 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3573 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

We all know how crazy some of the missions are for these tier 8 premiums during the event. Throughout the duration of these 2 weekends however, I have made it to the final mission for the Do 335 A-1 Pfeil without paying a dime. I have every mission completed with distinction and was very excited to finally get the plane. The final mission is this: destroy 15 enemy planes, die no more than 2 times, and win. This in of itself is a very challenging mission, but with the perfect battle, it is manageable. Also note that in order to get this mission completed, air defense planes or bomber flight formations do not count. Therefore, you could have 15 kills at the end of the battle and still not get the mission completed. Keeping this in mind, I flighted up with a friend and worked at these missions. Finally, I got a great game in which I got 18 kills, won, died only twice but did not receive the plane. This really sucked because I thought for sure I had met the requirements. However, I counted my losses and tried to beat it again thinking that maybe I died one too many times or shot down one too many air defense planes. A little later, I finally completed the mission!! I got 18 kills (0 air defense and bomber formation planes), won, and only died once. This was the time I would finally get the plane!! Unfortunately. . . this was not the case. Going back to the hanger, I discovered that it registered 18 kills to my name and yet I still did not get the plane. Now I know 100% sure that I met every requirement for that mission in that battle. 

However, just to be sure, I went back through my replay to analyze my battle and see if at any moment I did not meet the requirements. The first time I rewatched my battle, I did not notice anything that I did that would have disqualified me from the mission. I went back through the replay again to see if the game itself did not register my 18 kills. As most of you guys know, there is a ribbon thing in the the upper right hand corner of the screen that notifies you whenever you get a kill, assist, combat (personal) points, etc. Using this ribbon, I watched as after each kill, the counter went up.  The final kill it registered was 10. It notified me when I achieved the 10th kill and also that I had achieved winged legend. However, shortly after, I was shot down and respawned. Keep in mind, this was my first respawn of the game. After a couple more kills, the game gave me another update as to how many kills I had. This time, it said that I had only shot down 2 enemy planes. It was at the time that I realized the game bugged out when I respawned and sent the counter back to 0 for my kills. So yeah, when I ended the game, it only registed I had shot down 8 planes towards the Do 335 despite me getting 18 enemy plane kills and nearly a 21k personal point score. 

Either WG has rigged the missions so it is impossible to get the Do, or there is a bug that resets the kill counter every time you die. Therefore, my theory is that you need to get 15 enemy kills before dying your first time. Getting 15 enemy kills in one battle is hard enough, but to do it without dying is something no one can do. 

Enraged, I sent a ticket to WG about this issue but with the generic: 'We identified the issue and fixed it.' To which I replied, "so then where is my plane?" To which, they copied the first message and sent the exact same message word for word to me the second time. 

This is not the only bug I have discovered regarding these missions. One of my wingmen (whose name I will not disclose in this forum article) has been having a similar issue with this mission. He spent the money on the certificates to get the plane last weekend. All of his certificates were accepted on every mission except for the final mission on the Do 335. He spent money to get the plane and was still denied the plane. He sent in 2 tickets and both were essentially the same response of 'we don't care.' 

WG, you really screwed up on these missions. I have a hard time wondering if I should even continue with this game. There are constantly bugs that appear within every patch and you have absolutely no care at all about fixing them. Not to mention your worthless customer service. One thing is for sure: I will never buy anything in this game unless these issues are sorted.

So yes everyone, ignore the Do 335 missions, they are not just hard, they are flat out impossible. Either that last mission is rigged or simply bugged beyond belief. I will post the replay which I am talking about on my YouTube channel (Prince of Hyrule) tomorrow once it uploads. That way, you guys can see exactly what I am talking about. Is anyone else having bugs with these missions which are literally making it impossible to get the planes? If my wingman and I are both having issues on the same mission, surely others are as well

Edit: here is the replay where I completed the mission:

https://youtu.be/enXnrIIEjoU

Edited by SgtSchlautter, 16 March 2018 - 09:30 PM.

Izgoy0899 #2 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 362 battles

I believe I know who you are referring to here, and yea as I told him it is b******t that he paid $63 and still can't get the plane.  Then the copy paste automated response from WG Support is just insult to injury rubbing salt in a wound.  Your's as well falls in the same thinking.  This issue should have been resolved immediately. 

I believe there is a thread here of players complaining about the same things. 

Edit:

http://forum.worldof...not-redeemable/

Edited by medoyehd, 12 March 2018 - 03:44 AM.

Cenotaph #3 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:20 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Seems the "Vast Majority" are gathering the pitchforks and torches...
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Dr_Wigglespank #4 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:25 AM

Master Sergeant

• 717 battles

View PostCenotaph, on 11 March 2018 - 09:20 PM, said:

Who's going to listen? The only WG rep I've seen on the forum offers up the standard "clear your cache" and little else.

Cenotaph #5 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:28 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostDr_Wigglespank, on 11 March 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Who's going to listen? The only WG rep I've seen on the forum offers up the standard "clear your cache" and little else.

You'd be surprised what a few PMs can accomplish... when you're reasonably polite.  (Looks at the A-26 in his hangar)

Edited by Cenotaph, 12 March 2018 - 04:28 AM.

SgtSchlautter #6 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3573 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostCenotaph, on 12 March 2018 - 04:28 AM, said:

You'd be surprised what a few PMs can accomplish... when you're reasonably polite.  (Looks at the A-26 in his hangar)

My polite tickets don't seem to do a whole lot unfortunately

Cenotaph #7 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:36 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostSgtSchlautter, on 11 March 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

My polite tickets don't seem to do a whole lot unfortunately

I didn't say tickets... PM GhostPrime.

SgtSchlautter #8 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:39 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3573 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostCenotaph, on 12 March 2018 - 04:36 AM, said:

I didn't say tickets... PM GhostPrime.

Oh okay. Well, there are still 4 more weeks in the event. So I don't want to pester him if I don't have to. But thanks for the advice. If I still don't get the plane at then end of the 4 weeks, then Ill ask him. Thanks for the heads up :)

Cenotaph #9 Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:00 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostSgtSchlautter, on 11 March 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

Oh okay. Well, there are still 4 more weeks in the event. So I don't want to pester him if I don't have to. But thanks for the advice. If I still don't get the plane at then end of the 4 weeks, then Ill ask him. Thanks for the heads up :)

Hardly pestering... it -is- sorta his job to let us know what is going on, after all.

But, if you aren't impatient for answers, there's no harm in waiting a bit to see how it pans out... I'm sure he already has a couple tickets on the matter anyway.

Cheers :honoring:

MARS_REVENANT #10 Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:11 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3949 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Its a known issue... keep your screen shots.  Congrats on finishing so fast.. you going for the US plane as well?

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 12 March 2018 - 05:11 AM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

TheMadPizzler #11 Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:31 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2311 battles

View PostCenotaph, on 12 March 2018 - 04:20 AM, said:

Bahahahahahahahaha!!!  Best burn all day

ExploratorOne #12 Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1643 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1

View PostCenotaph, on 11 March 2018 - 11:28 PM, said:

And, some of us compliantly sent in copious reports and scans at the request of CS after submitting polite tickets on that, too.

Edited by ExploratorOne, 12 March 2018 - 06:20 AM.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #13 Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View PostSgtSchlautter, on 12 March 2018 - 01:29 AM, said:

We all know how crazy some of the missions are for these tier 8 premiums during the event.

So yes everyone, ignore the Do 335 missions, they are not just hard, they are flat out impossible.

I'm about done with this ''event'' as well; the game is just getting so contrary I've begun to suspect too that there is in all likelihood hidden coding (or bugs amounting to the same) to further increase the difficulty.

The mission sets I participated in before this one were hard, and most of it out of my league, but nothing like this current example.

I did okay earlier this afternoon, completing all additional tasks (now at 11 of 15 & 2 are Invasion) for those not specific to either mode towards the Dornier.

Then I foolishly thought I could knock out a good bit, if not all, of the ''shoot down 50 bombers or GAA in victories'' Attrition task.

Between the late afternoon & this evening;

- an endless succession of stacked to significant advantage red teams, players, bots, and planes.

- a match with the Banshee where I stopped counting at six pilot hits.

- four losses out of five matches with the Mosquito.

- zero wins out of half a dozen plus matches with the Banshee.

- one win with the Pancake, just to see If I could get a win at that point.

- three wins out of five matches with the XP72.

- losses with other planes I just stopped bothering to take note of.

My progress for suffering through (six hours plus towards this one thing?!) all of those craptastic ''4Q player'' matches where I rarely placed less than third, if not first; (27) planes for a task that now has to wait two weeks.

- a number of matches there were no bombers and only a single GAA, that I never saw.

- in a heavy I saw few if not any bombers.

- in a fighter or multirole I saw few if not any ground attack planes.

- the best I did was (7) planes, then (4); most of the time I was lucky to get credit for just one or two aircraft IF blue won the match; at times I had double or more the score of the others ''randomly'' on my team.

Highlight of the evening; being called trash by a deep purple player as I struggled to do anything with a MRF while being chased away from a military base by various bots in better planes.

There is difficult, and then there is this campaign; it's inexcusable for a damn game.

View PostSgtSchlautter, on 12 March 2018 - 01:29 AM, said:

Getting 15 enemy kills in one battle is hard enough, but to do it without dying is something no one can do. 

So then, apparently it's something more like:

- Down (15) planes from the enemy combat group (red team),

- Zero deaths,

- Single victorious battle.

Or who the hell knows what?

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 12 March 2018 - 07:46 AM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Izgoy0899 #14 Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 362 battles

View PostDr_Wigglespank, on 12 March 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

Sorry a little off topic, but just realized you were in a game with me Saturday, so I'll send a belated GG if you come back or check. 

FreeFOXMIKE #15 Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:28 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 2899 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View PostCenotaph, on 11 March 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

Naaaaaaa we are not  mad

:playing::izmena::sceptic::angry:

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

toshiaki_virgin #16 Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:20 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1976 battles

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 12 March 2018 - 06:27 AM, said:

- Zero deaths,

perhaps, this is correct.

DescriptionIsIncorrect.jpg

after this, I won, but I could not receive Do 335 A-1.

hmmmmmmmmmm......................what is 13/15?..............

lists.jpg

Royale_with_Cheese #17 Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:28 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4099 battles

DO mission is bugged. 

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/52220-mission-15-not-redeemable/#topmost

Bear_82 #18 Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:45 PM

• 45 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Posttoshiaki_virgin, on 12 March 2018 - 05:20 AM, said:

. . . what is 13/15?..............

lists.jpg

​Persha math

comtedumas #19 Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:49 PM

• 5146 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 12 March 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

I'm about done with this ''event'' as well; the game is just getting so contrary I've begun to suspect too that there is in all likelihood hidden coding (or bugs amounting to the same) to further increase the difficulty.

The mission sets I participated in before this one were hard, and most of it out of my league, but nothing like this current example.

I did okay earlier this afternoon, completing all additional tasks (now at 11 of 15 & 2 are Invasion) for those not specific to either mode towards the Dornier.

Then I foolishly thought I could knock out a good bit, if not all, of the ''shoot down 50 bombers or GAA in victories'' Attrition task.

Between the late afternoon & this evening;

- an endless succession of stacked to significant advantage red teams, players, bots, and planes.

- a match with the Banshee where I stopped counting at six pilot hits.

- four losses out of five matches with the Mosquito.

- zero wins out of half a dozen plus matches with the Banshee.

- one win with the Pancake, just to see If I could get a win at that point.

- three wins out of five matches with the XP72.

- losses with other planes I just stopped bothering to take note of.

My progress for suffering through (six hours plus towards this one thing?!) all of those craptastic ''4Q player'' matches where I rarely placed less than third, if not first; (27) planes for a task that now has to wait two weeks.

- a number of matches there were no bombers and only a single GAA, that I never saw.

- in a heavy I saw few if not any bombers.

- in a fighter or multirole I saw few if not any ground attack planes.

- the best I did was (7) planes, then (4); most of the time I was lucky to get credit for just one or two aircraft IF blue won the match; at times I had double or more the score of the others ''randomly'' on my team.

Highlight of the evening; being called trash by a deep purple player as I struggled to do anything with a MRF while being chased away from a military base by various bots in better planes.

There is difficult, and then there is this campaign; it's inexcusable for a damn game.

So then, apparently it's something more like:

- Zero deaths,

Or who the hell knows what?

I agree, I was up all night and finally got it that same mission around 6am.  At one point I had 9 bomber/attack planes killed in one mission, we were up by 20 pats, and then al of a sudden it popped up “defeat....”.  

What a terrible night.....I got 17 planes killed on one mission, but I wasn’t doing a mission for credit for that many planes so it didn’t count....that’s just wrong...

Edited by comtedumas, 12 March 2018 - 12:51 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #20 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:12 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3949 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 12 March 2018 - 12:11 AM, said:

Its a known issue... keep your screen shots.  Congrats on finishing so fast.. you going for the US plane as well?

FYI anyone having completed the missions but not received the plane is asked to submit screen shots with in-game names to Priolia through her discord server.  You can get access here: https://discord.gg/SCf8W9V and have a look at the #announcements section for the request relating to this issue.

On a side not, as annoying as this bug is, it is good to see so many people completing all the missions.  And only after the first 2 weekends.  You guys are better than I am... I am going to need the second round for both Invasion and Attrition to complete these.

Good Work!

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users