Westwall Final Blow

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Animal_of_Pryale #1 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:02 AM

Master Sergeant

• 3439 battles

No matter how fast you kill planes, you cannot kill 15 before their resources run out.  The mission is impossible.  I dove into the pack of them right off and killed 8 in about 2 minutes and the game was over.  The faster you kill the faster their resources run out, even before the multipliers kick in.   

TheMadPizzler #2 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:06 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2311 battles
Ignore the troll event and just have fun playing a fun mode this weekend, because next weekend, it's gonna suck again.

mnbv_fockewulfe #3 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:07 AM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostTheMadPizzler, on 12 March 2018 - 02:06 AM, said:

Ignore the troll event and just have fun playing a fun mode this weekend, because next weekend, it's gonna suck again.

What if you want the planes for free?

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #4 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

Plateau or the Greenland maps appear to be the most viable, provided you get one or more airbases.

This was pretty much impossible on bigger maps like Archipelago, stalling at (8) shot down almost every match.

I thought a Zero could do it, but instead the tier IV LaGG and tier VI P39N managed it, plus occasionally the Tornado.

But yeah, trying for it almost guarantees to make you fail; just leave the task up and play a few matches with each plane that might get it.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 12 March 2018 - 02:13 AM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #5 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:13 AM

Captain

• 559 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 11 March 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

6 Ways To Make Money By Selling Your Body To Science

blood goes for about $35 a unit

http://www.businessinsider.com/ways-to-make-money-from-medical-research-and-donations-2013-12

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

SpiritFoxMY #6 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2174 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostAnimal_of_Pryale, on 12 March 2018 - 02:02 AM, said:

No matter how fast you kill planes, you cannot kill 15 before their resources run out.  The mission is impossible.  I dove into the pack of them right off and killed 8 in about 2 minutes and the game was over.  The faster you kill the faster their resources run out, even before the multipliers kick in.   

I've earned three Ace medals since these events started: that's a min of 20 kills in a single sortie. I think it's doable, just... hard.

We'll see: I won't hit this mission for another two weeks

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

SgtSchlautter #7 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3354 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Not to mention, you have to accomplish this on 3 different occasions in order to get the planes for free. But don't feel bad, the final mission for the Do 335 is rigged so you literally can't get it anway. Killed 18 planes in 2 separate battles (enemy planes, not air defense or bomber formations) and still did not get it. Despite winning and only dying once which are also part of the requirements. Don't feel bad, the mission is literally impossible, not just because 15 kills is hard to get, but because bugs are in place to prevent you from completing them

SgtSchlautter #8 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:36 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3354 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 12 March 2018 - 02:40 AM, said:

I've earned three Ace medals since these events started: that's a min of 20 kills in a single sortie. I think it's doable, just... hard.

We'll see: I won't hit this mission for another two weeks

The ace medal is given for 20 kills, true. However, it also accounts for air defense planes and bomber formations. The missions for the planes do not accept air defense and bomber formation kills toward the mission. Now with this knowledge, tell me u still would have gotten 15 kills. I don't think it is very likely. It is possible, but it is not easy at all

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #9 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:38 AM

Captain

• 559 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostSgtSchlautter, on 11 March 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

Not to mention, you have to accomplish this on 3 different occasions in order to get the planes for free. But don't feel bad, the final mission for the Do 335 is rigged so you literally can't get it anway. Killed 18 planes in 2 separate battles (enemy planes, not air defense or bomber formations) and still did not get it. Despite winning and only dying once which are also part of the requirements. Don't feel bad, the mission is literally impossible, not just because 15 kills is hard to get, but because bugs are in place to prevent you from completing them

yeah... I use to invest heart and soul into these events...

and I'm also not sure that everyone is getting everything earned in this and just about every mission/match/sortie/event or whatever... especially after 2.0

it seems that they come up with these convoluted missions with crazy wthcriteria just to tax the minds of us as players and the programmer's skill set... why?

oh.. yeah, why... so to make the game more enjoyable for us the players...

yep, Dr Phil... how the hell's that working out?

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Cenotaph #10 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:31 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2450 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 11 March 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

Then play a different game...

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/52245-there-is-a-0-chance-anyone-will-get-the-do-335/
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you.

ExploratorOne #11 Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1643 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1

View PostSgtSchlautter, on 11 March 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

CS has confirmed this is a bug.  The Devs are supposed to correct when they come back to work after the weekend.

ExploratorOne #12 Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1643 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1

View PostAnimal_of_Pryale, on 11 March 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

You probably have to do what was suggested in the Guide that was posted on the Forum.  The Guide said that rather than destroy them as fast as you can, back off after a bit and let the Reds build up their resources some before killing them again.  That requires the Blues to work together, though.

Animal_of_Pryale #13 Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:39 AM

Master Sergeant

• 3439 battles

New personal record in Attrition. !0 kills and 1 assist in my Ju88P!  I got to thinking, I needed the gun with the most damage to kill faster.  That 50mm does 650 per second, the gun normally sucks on accuracy, so pilot skills to max on accuracy, plus Eagle eye. One slot to reflector sight. Gunner set to shoot at weakest plane.  Might as well get us both in on this.  Went into the fog in the center of one of the maps, where that whole base is shrouded.  Also, with my Ju in armor plate, and reinforced airframe, I'm the heaviest rammer out there. Those low level IL Attack planes, I get on their tail, shoot'em up and plow right through them. LOL

That's got to be the funnest battle I've ever been it.  I got Conqueror in it.

They still ran out of resources too fast.  And I didn't die once.

Edited by Animal_of_Pryale, 12 March 2018 - 06:43 AM.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #14 Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View PostSgtSchlautter, on 12 March 2018 - 01:36 AM, said:

The missions for the planes do not accept air defense and bomber formation kills toward the mission.

With so few people known to be working on the Warplanes title, it's simply amazing how often the mission requirement terminology continues to be written/translated incorrectly.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Animal_of_Pryale #15 Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:48 AM

Master Sergeant

• 3439 battles
If you read more closely it says ENEMY aircraft.  Meaning the other team.

FreeFOXMIKE #16 Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:21 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 2319 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View PostTheMadPizzler, on 11 March 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

"Embrace the Suck" was a commonly used phrase in Vietnam, due to the nature of the war

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 12 March 2018 - 11:27 AM.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

MARS_REVENANT #17 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:21 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3550 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

There are multiple threads on this issue.

Block Quote

FYI anyone having completed the missions but not received the plane is asked to submit screen shots with in-game names to Priolia through her discord server.  You can get access here: https://discord.gg/SCf8W9V and have a look at the #announcements section for the request relating to this issue.

On a side not, as annoying as this bug is, it is good to see so many people completing all the missions.  And only after the first 2 weekends.  You guys are better than I am... I am going to need the second round for both Invasion and Attrition to complete these.

Good Work!

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

El_Mulo #18 Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7690 battles

Tried assembling a flight with one softening the planes for you?

What we say to death?

Rick_OH_Shay #19 Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:58 PM

Senior Airman

• 3024 battles

got 17 kills, only died once.

If its true defence air don't count it will be a nightmare. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users