Bots with a grudge.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

I_QQ_4_U #1 Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:42 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2108 battles
Must be part of the new improved bot programming. Seems like every few games I get a bot that seems to ignore all else and just sticks to me like glue the entire game.

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1718 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on 10 March 2018 - 06:42 AM, said:

Must be part of the new improved bot programming. Seems like every few games I get a bot that seems to ignore all else and just sticks to me like glue the entire game.

Nah, I've had those since January. I once had a trio of them chasing me all across the map. That was a frustrating game.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

LMG #3 Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

Right now bots seem to cap at 2 per target, anything else is a player. What I do on my Tornado is avoid being the first one into the fray, then pick off any targets of opportunity or anything that does want to shoot me. That said, I think TnB bots will give chase while BnZ are more prone to switching targets, but I can't confirm that yet.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SpiritFoxMY #4 Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1718 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostLMG, on 10 March 2018 - 06:55 AM, said:

That said, I think TnB bots will give chase while BnZ are more prone to switching targets, but I can't confirm that yet.

I feel that way too - its usually the Spitfires, Yaks and Zeroes that come running after me although I've also had Mustangs and Pancakes do that. Double Pancake a few times too... it wasn't fun.

LMG #5 Posted 10 March 2018 - 07:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 10 March 2018 - 01:58 AM, said:

I feel that way too - its usually the Spitfires, Yaks and Zeroes that come running after me although I've also had Mustangs and Pancakes do that. Double Pancake a few times too... it wasn't fun.

Nothing like a Pancake Sandwich. Even worse if it's a flight :ohmy:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SgtSchlautter #6 Posted 10 March 2018 - 07:06 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3194 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

couldn't agree more. Really hate when a bot with like 1.5k personal points sees you and kills you instantly even though they do like nothing else the whole game. Why? Make the bots smarter, not gang focus the human players with laser accuracy. That bot behavior is incredibly frustrating. Couldn't agree more with you

EpicYarn #7 Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:31 AM

Senior Airman

• 1188 battles

I find that the only way to really break their attention is by maneuvering really hard in turns.  Don't fly straight out, just try to do a 180 back.  That usually seems to make them struggle to find their next target.

Of course, if they are diving at you, it's a different matter.  You aren't going to get away undamaged :/

Catch21 #8 Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

Comforting to know. I thought it was just me and Persha was punishing me for some of my posts here.

Noob tip, turn and face them, show them you're not afraid.

SpiritFoxMY #9 Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1718 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCatch21, on 10 March 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

Comforting to know. I thought it was just me and Persha was punishing me for some of my posts here.

Noob tip, turn and face them, show them you're not afraid.

And if you have rockets, even better!

Perrigrino #10 Posted 12 March 2018 - 01:07 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2049 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

was wondering about the bot behaviour myself and if anyone else had noticed. In this new patch, WG appears to have done something with bots. Evasive tactics don't always work. Was pitted against XP50 in Mig and spent 5 minutes dogging his horizontal BnZ with no help in sight. The bot was fixated on me and relentless. We lost and all I did was try to survive, BHFD. (big hairy _ deal). Bots are getting better at helping out teammates though, if one pays close attention, but that also means they are reprogrammed to be more aggressive- cause that's the flip side of the coin from no help. Wish some of them had poor eye sight and shaky hands, like some of us humans.

Then there's the MM, which I have a sneaky suspicion is rigged beyond KARMA ( see dev blog about MM, by Eugene Pugh, pre Conquest). Every battle yesterday, I was in the lower tier group of planes- Why? Likely to do with player stats being surreptitiously factored into MM, so it may not be just Tearz n Class, as claimed in dev blog.

Edited by Perrigrino, 12 March 2018 - 03:05 AM.

CorvusCorvax #11 Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:46 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1112 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostPerrigrino, on 12 March 2018 - 01:07 AM, said:

Then there's the MM, which I have a sneaky suspicion is rigged beyond KARMA ( see dev blog about MM, by Eugene Pugh, pre Conquest). Every battle yesterday, I was in the lower tier group of planes- Why? Likely to do with player stats being surreptitiously factored into MM, so it may not be just Tearz n Class, as claimed in dev blog.

This is one I have noticed as well.  My T6 plane, against all T7s on red.  Happened twice tonight.  I just hung out over our airbase and used its healing powers and shot down the stream of red players headed my way.  My SpitV DB605 can stay out of their way, but not forever, and not teams of them.  A particularly persistent human in an F7F had me once, and nearly had me twice more.  Still, ALL T7, against my team which is half T6?  How is that even possible?

Doc_Ebs #12 Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1004 battles
  • [FPOA] FPOA

View PostLMG, on 10 March 2018 - 07:04 AM, said:

Nothing like a Pancake Sandwich. Even worse if it's a flight :ohmy:

I think that is called a McGriddle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users