Invasion mode feedback - Poll

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Poll: Invasion mode feedback (119 members have cast votes)

How many battles have your played in the Invasion mode?

1. 1–5 (7 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

2. 6–10 (11 votes [9.24%])

Percentage of vote: 9.24%

3. More than 10 (101 votes [84.87%])

Percentage of vote: 84.87%

Is the Invasion mode similar to the main Conquest mode?

1. Yes, they are almost identical. (4 votes [3.36%])

Percentage of vote: 3.36%

2. There are certain differences in the gameplay. (44 votes [36.97%])

Percentage of vote: 36.97%

3. They are two different modes. (71 votes [59.66%])

Percentage of vote: 59.66%

Did you like the Invasion mode more than the main Conquest mode?

1. Yes, the new mode is more interesting. (9 votes [7.56%])

Percentage of vote: 7.56%

2. No, the Conquest mode is better. (66 votes [55.46%])

Percentage of vote: 55.46%

3. Both modes are equally interesting. (44 votes [36.97%])

Percentage of vote: 36.97%

How important is teamwork in the Invasion mode?

1. It is essential. You cannot win a battle on your own. (82 votes [68.91%])

Percentage of vote: 68.91%

2. It is important. It is easier to win as a team, but you can also influence the course of a battle on your own. (30 votes [25.21%])

Percentage of vote: 25.21%

3. You can change the course of a battle by playing right and ignoring actions of your teammates. (7 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Is the battle interface (hints) in the Invasion mode clear?

1. Yes, it gives a clue to what is going on and helps to take decisions. (28 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. Partially. I check the state of a battle if necessary. (63 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

3. I don't monitor the battle interface. (28 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

How content are you with the dynamics of battles in the Invasion mode?

1. The dynamics is excellent. A battle lasts exactly as long as it should. (29 votes [24.37%])

Percentage of vote: 24.37%

2. Battles end too quickly. I don't have enough time to influence the outcome. (82 votes [68.91%])

Percentage of vote: 68.91%

3. Battles are overlong. You want to finish them as soon as possible. (8 votes [6.72%])

Percentage of vote: 6.72%

Is it clear in the middle of a battle what chance of winning teams have?

1. Normally, it is not clear. Both sides have equal chances. (17 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. It is clear which side is more likely to win. (63 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

3. The outcome of a battle is almost always clear by the middle of a battle. (39 votes [32.77%])

Percentage of vote: 32.77%

Are you satisfied with the role of each aircraft type in the Invasion mode?

1. Yes, all aircraft types are equally useful. (25 votes [21.01%])

Percentage of vote: 21.01%

2. No, some aircraft types are too strong, while some of them are almost useless in the mode. (94 votes [78.99%])

Percentage of vote: 78.99%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Tyrannas #41 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:13 PM

Airman Basic

• 1054 battles
  • Which aircraft type do you think is the most effective in Invasion Mode?
    • LFs and HFs are definitely the strongest in this mode
  • Which aircraft type do you think is the least effective in Invasion Mode?
    • GAs and Bombers are weakest which I will explain in the next question
  • Briefly describe your impressions of the new mode.
    • I think that the game mode needs some more tweaking specifically in the composition of aircraft on each team.  The Defending team having 5 more LFs/HFS/MRFs is extremely difficult to overcome as the attacker.  I would assume the idea here was to make the defenders choose between dominating the air or protecting ground targets from GAs/Bombers but with the current 5 aircraft disparity the defenders are able to accomplish both pretty easily.
    • Another aspect is the missions for this mode.  The mode would probably not have been as poorly received if the missions did not exist.  Part of people's frustration is the fact that the missions for this game mode are difficult due to how short the games are and how you have to play counter-productive to winning to accomplish some of them.  That being said I think the missions are okay and doable just that they have added to some of the poor reception of the game mode.  Also, missions that can only be completed on offense (air defense aircraft) are annoying if you dont have a flight mate.
    • Definitely think this mode has potential but needs some adjusting currently. 

MBT808 #42 Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:43 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1285 battles
  • [BB-C4] BB-C4

This mode is really reliant on team play, at high tiers with AI than its largely reliant on RNG. Defenders have a clear advantage at times and spawn killing is quite rampant.

Also, I've been noticing that since 2.0.4 dropped, the hangar UI has been acting really weird(bits missing every time on login). Needs to be fixed ASAP(I know this isn't relevant to this thread, but its a real problem that the devs need to know about).

mnbv_fockewulfe #43 Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:06 AM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMBT808, on 13 March 2018 - 02:43 AM, said:

This mode is really reliant on team play, at high tiers with AI than its largely reliant on RNG. Defenders have a clear advantage at times and spawn killing is quite rampant.

Also, I've been noticing that since 2.0.4 dropped, the hangar UI has been acting really weird(bits missing every time on login). Needs to be fixed ASAP(I know this isn't relevant to this thread, but its a real problem that the devs need to know about).

Possible a affect of the auto clear cache built into the launcher?

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

MBT808 #44 Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:45 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1285 battles
  • [BB-C4] BB-C4

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 13 March 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

Possible a affect of the auto clear cache built into the launcher?

tried the clear cache, either works or it doesn’t. I think the bug is related to operation Westwall since it’s seemed to be the cause of a few problems so far.

medoyehd #45 Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 362 battles
No way to opt out of invasion game modes, and don't particularly feel like seal clubbing at tier 3, so I'll be doing something else this weekend in my free time. 

shirime #46 Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:08 AM

Master Sergeant

• 3911 battles
  • [FPOA] FPOA

Concur with a lot of the feedback already here - the tweaks to cap time value and respawns did not solve the imbalance in the mode; defense still has a much easier time of it.

Played about 25 games in Invasion tonight, with defense winning about 20 of them. Playing attack is still much more challenging than defense. 

Wondering if a solution worth exploring is actually making the teams asymmetrical; with defense's benefits of AA, air defense planes, perhaps the teams should be 9 (defend) v 12 (attack) for this mode, or something like that. Something has to provoke defense into having to make harder, and more coordinated choices.

Also wondering about the plan to eventually integrate these new modes into the game - seems crazy to allow an already limited player base to choose conquest, invasion, or attrition. Seems almost necessary to have the three modes randomly selected for any game. Which means balancing both mode (getting to the point where people don't care about being assigned attack or defense) and restructuring the mode so the MM can be balanced for the mode.

Edited by shirime, 17 March 2018 - 08:10 AM.

SpiritFoxMY #47 Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1718 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

The tweaks really didn't seem to do much. I got a lot of Attack games today - they're still really dicey and dependent on the Defender doing something boneheaded like allowing themselves to be scattered across too many defensive points and get picked apart piecemeal (or two of the defenders being effectively afk... how does someone rack up sub 100cp scores?)

Admittedly I was playing high tier almost exclusively so I ran into a J7M3/IL40P flight that kept tearing the defensive team apart - no tactics, just straight up good flying.

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 17 March 2018 - 12:55 PM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

RobertK #48 Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2236 battles
  • [RUEN] RUEN

What I see is that attackers always get 6 attacking planes (GA's or Bombers), many of them AI. What this means is that the attackers are reliant on covering bots in order to take ground targets. It also means that the attackers are fighting at an incredible disadvantage in planes capable of eliminating enemy planes: 6 vs 12.

This mode is pointless in its current state.

poisonousblood #49 Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5654 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Thank you, the game mode is more balanced now.

Submarine_I13 #50 Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:54 PM

Senior Airman

• 287 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 08 March 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

Hello Pilots!

We would like your feedback on the "Invasion" mode. Once you fill out the poll questions, please also answer:

• Which aircraft type do you think is the most effective in the Invasion mode?

• Which aircraft type do you think is the least effective in the Invasion mode?

• Briefly describe your impressions of the new mode.

Please also feel free to discuss any other sentiment regarding this new mode in this thread. 

you know what would be nice there Prime if you can choose to not do the event or not like how you can pick in WOWS and WOT the battle type there should be a button for the event as well and not just force it on the players like this game is doing

Jazz_4 #51 Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:00 PM

Senior Airman

• 575 battles
  • [FURHQ] FURHQ
i honestly feel when your on the attacking team you're going to have a bad time i notice the bots on the other team that is defending is more advance for the mode while the bots and players on you're team are not also i notice the damange out put for the other team that is defending is buffed to ridiculous levels they shoot you down in a minute same with bombers if your in a bomber you damange does not match the damange your taking from planes and i also notice in this mode the aa is a lot  more accurate and hits you alot more and this mode feels like it will drive away new players you should have a choice to participate in the event or not.

TonkinGulf_CG11 #52 Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:03 PM

Airman Basic

• 1654 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Strongly Suggest you change the name of Operation Westfall to Russian Carny Hoop Toss.

This is the greatest scam ever conceived.

Make it almost impossible to win yet make it addictive enough to keep spending $$$ in the hopes of winning the $2.00 stuffed animal.

My congratulations to you Ruskies for finding a way to con players out of their $$$

Personally, I'm just playing premium planes and screw the rewards, just show me the Silver.

If the players had any BALLS, they would boycott next weekend and maybe the entire month of APRIL to show their dissatisfaction.

Now wouldn't that be a Great April Fools on your bottom-line, Comrade!

TonkinGulf_CG11 #53 Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:05 PM

Airman Basic

• 1654 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostJazz_4, on 18 March 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

i honestly feel when your on the attacking team you're going to have a bad time i notice the bots on the other team that is defending is more advance for the mode while the bots and players on you're team are not also i notice the damange out put for the other team that is defending is buffed to ridiculous levels they shoot you down in a minute same with bombers if your in a bomber you damange does not match the damange your taking from planes and i also notice in this mode the aa is a lot  more accurate and hits you alot more and this mode feels like it will drive away new players you should have a choice to participate in the event or not.

Just figuring that out?  The BOTS are probably cranked to 120% just like they do in WoWS during an event!

egikov #54 Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:20 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1550 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Which aircraft type do you think is the most effective in the Invasion mode? Heavy Fighters and flights of at least four ground attack aircraft.

• Which aircraft type do you think is the least effective in the Invasion mode? Fighters, Multirole Fighters, Bombers, single ground attack aircraft.

This is the worst mode in the history of this game. There is no time - limited time. Defenders have huge advantage - they don't have ground attack planes.

Edited by egikov, 01 April 2018 - 10:26 PM.

almaniac #55 Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:37 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 404 battles

Invasion mode is terrible.  QED.  I don't even know where to begin on this.... What do I hate most about it?  Always being outnumbered in dogfights when I'm on the attacking team?  Spawn camping enemy fighters?  Ramming bots (actually not an Invasion mode problem to be fair).

When I get a defending battle it's boring as hell.  You only lose by mistake, and after awhile I just feel bad seal clubbing the outnumbered enemy fighters and then the GA aircraft that basically have no hope in hell.

This mode needs to go.  It's reminding me of everything that was wrong with WoWP before 2.0 came along.

SOLxCAT32 #56 Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:09 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
The mode is inherently imbalanced. By placing all GA/bombers on one team, you effectively turn the game into a 6v12 for fighters. And while a good player can often keep up a good efficiency, it doesn't matter because your bots will burn all your respawns. I could play any fighter in the game, get 10+ kills in a sortie, then die once and have it end for me, while I watch the useless bots throw themselves away. 

[HVAR]SOLxCAT32 - Top 25 NA - Streaming here

"A glass of windex a day keeps the superunicums away"

Lvcivs_Flavivs #57 Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:44 PM

Senior Airman

• 150 battles

My feedback:

As someone who used to panic for every event, thinking: "How do I make absolutely sure I get THIS new prize plane, I needs it, precious precious...", but who lost virtually all interest in getting new planes since 2.0 (my hangar holds more than 100 aircraft who ALL mostly collect dust, including an expensive 109 TL that flew like ONE mission before 1.9 was brutally yanked away, preventing me from enjoying it the way it was meant to be :()...

...I'll just say that this event brought me back to the game a little.  A little, but I  was ready to put some time into learning to like the new mode...  until I realized that I was stuck in the missions after missing a whole weekend (I needed to fly in Invasion, and it was Attrition weekend, and I could not skip missions).  That was a BIG disappointment.  Then I figured, against my better judgement, maybe just maybe I could inject a little more real world money into this by buying the certificates that would allow me to jump over the Attrition missions.  Then I saw that the amount of certificates needed to complete missions was going up with the numerical value of the mission.  And since there was no way of seeing actually how much skipping a future mission would cost until I unlocked it, it seemed to me like I did not know what I was getting into.  SO:

A- Good idea creating different game modes, as the standard conquest has many flaws.

B- There should NEVER be a specific order in which missions have to be completed, ESPECIALLY if they need completion in specific modes which only seem to be coming every other weekend for a limited time.  I went back to playing tanks (uuurg) for while, and I found that the Stug IV campaign that was there ages ago was STILL there, and it was as always possible to complete the missions in whatever order you saw fit. Seriously, take a page from that book.

C- If you are going to offer a prize plane for sale (via certificates or such) then you should really NOT keep the customer in the dark as to the ACTUAL PRICE that plane is going to cost him.  It's just basic respect to your customers.

CONCLUSION :  I understand that this is a work in progress, it always was.  Even if I was ready to accept that you took the previous work in progress and threw in the garbage in favor of a brand new work in progress that is in many ways inferior to the previous one.  But my B and C right above here are deal breakers.  Don't do that.  Can't imagine anyone thinking those two important details were a good move on your part.

"In the Game of Planes, you carry or you lose.  There is no middle ground".

PhineasPhreak #58 Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:22 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1675 battles
Anyone who has been around as long as I have knows that any feedback left in the NA forum will be completely ignored. Save your breath folks, no one of importance is listening. Version 1.4 was the last decent version of this game and its been a downward spiral ever since. Quite frankly, I think the russians do it to piss us North Americans off. That's fine with me and fine with my wallet. It won't open for any WG product any time soon. I've given up on the westwall nonsense. As a result, there are many seal carcasses on the ice. My apologies to all those seals but the blame for that lies with the wg developers. Keep up the fine work as you have always done.

Edited by PhineasPhreak, 22 March 2018 - 02:29 AM.

PostTraumatic #59 Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:50 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1368 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

The problem is not that we have invasion mode.  The problem is clearly that the people that wrote the missions did not think about them in depth or the ramifications of how they set it up.  Invasion is a fun mode but when you combo that with missions that require you to only get on a particular side which is near to impossible to do without running with a GA or a bomber to get you in on the correct side its just counterproductive and makes people jump out of battles when they get a result that does not forward them toward the end goal of completing the missions.  

Thereby screwing up the entire point of invasion mode and screws up the teams because of objective play instead of trying to win and having players on your team bail halfway through the match.  Again the issue is not the game mode its the way the missions were formulated.

I have to also agree that in this new mode bots do ram way more and do not turn off for the most part.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 22 March 2018 - 05:56 AM.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #60 Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL
Invasion isn't playable at tier X unless folks flight, or possess, specific IX or X aircraft such as the J7; otherwise trying to get close enough to down groups of GAA as a defender is futile and the bots can't handle them either.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 23 March 2018 - 09:27 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users