Invasion mode feedback - Poll

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Poll: Invasion mode feedback (119 members have cast votes)

How many battles have your played in the Invasion mode?

1. 1–5 (7 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

2. 6–10 (11 votes [9.24%])

Percentage of vote: 9.24%

3. More than 10 (101 votes [84.87%])

Percentage of vote: 84.87%

Is the Invasion mode similar to the main Conquest mode?

1. Yes, they are almost identical. (4 votes [3.36%])

Percentage of vote: 3.36%

2. There are certain differences in the gameplay. (44 votes [36.97%])

Percentage of vote: 36.97%

3. They are two different modes. (71 votes [59.66%])

Percentage of vote: 59.66%

Did you like the Invasion mode more than the main Conquest mode?

1. Yes, the new mode is more interesting. (9 votes [7.56%])

Percentage of vote: 7.56%

2. No, the Conquest mode is better. (66 votes [55.46%])

Percentage of vote: 55.46%

3. Both modes are equally interesting. (44 votes [36.97%])

Percentage of vote: 36.97%

How important is teamwork in the Invasion mode?

1. It is essential. You cannot win a battle on your own. (82 votes [68.91%])

Percentage of vote: 68.91%

2. It is important. It is easier to win as a team, but you can also influence the course of a battle on your own. (30 votes [25.21%])

Percentage of vote: 25.21%

3. You can change the course of a battle by playing right and ignoring actions of your teammates. (7 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Is the battle interface (hints) in the Invasion mode clear?

1. Yes, it gives a clue to what is going on and helps to take decisions. (28 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. Partially. I check the state of a battle if necessary. (63 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

3. I don't monitor the battle interface. (28 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

How content are you with the dynamics of battles in the Invasion mode?

1. The dynamics is excellent. A battle lasts exactly as long as it should. (29 votes [24.37%])

Percentage of vote: 24.37%

2. Battles end too quickly. I don't have enough time to influence the outcome. (82 votes [68.91%])

Percentage of vote: 68.91%

3. Battles are overlong. You want to finish them as soon as possible. (8 votes [6.72%])

Percentage of vote: 6.72%

Is it clear in the middle of a battle what chance of winning teams have?

1. Normally, it is not clear. Both sides have equal chances. (17 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. It is clear which side is more likely to win. (63 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

3. The outcome of a battle is almost always clear by the middle of a battle. (39 votes [32.77%])

Percentage of vote: 32.77%

Are you satisfied with the role of each aircraft type in the Invasion mode?

1. Yes, all aircraft types are equally useful. (25 votes [21.01%])

Percentage of vote: 21.01%

2. No, some aircraft types are too strong, while some of them are almost useless in the mode. (94 votes [78.99%])

Percentage of vote: 78.99%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

TheMadPizzler #21 Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:38 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2311 battles
  • Which aircraft type do you think is the most effective in the Invasion mode?- Light Fighters, Heavy Fighters, Multirole

• Which aircraft type do you think is the least effective in the Invasion mode? GAA, Bombers (too slow)

• Briefly describe your impressions of the new mode:  The mode is very unbalanced, the bot logic isn't compatible with attacking, the match can end very quickly, so it favors faster aircraft (distance traveled), MM can be terrible in regards to tier spread.. it sucks to be one of a couple low tiers v. 13 higher tier planes, missions are terrible and don't seem to have been well thought out in regards to time/opportunity to complete them in a realistic manner during game and/or highly dependent on MM .. making the player feel more at the mercy of random chance in order to even get the opportunity to try and complete a mission,  the 'upcoming blurb release' was very exciting and built up expectations, then when missions revealed as ridiculously out of reach for the common players, it creates a sense of failed expectations.....nothing like feeding customer dissatisfaction by creating an obvious self-inflicted wound by WG.

Overall... unbalanced, poorly time managed, MM deficient, and unrealistic missions and goals have created a negative experience for me.  I will not play WoWP during the weekends of this mission.  On a plus, this allows me time to go play other games.... who knows? mebbe I'll find something more fun that doesn't drive me away on weekends... so, I guess in that regard, this current game mode/missions help me out personally (diversify my fun!) the downside is Wargaming is driving a customer away to find other options (I don't think really think that's a savvy business plan, but...hey... I'm not Wargaming) 

MARS_REVENANT #22 Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:55 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3725 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostGhostPrime, on 08 March 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

Hello Pilots!

We would like your feedback on the "Invasion" mode. Once you fill out the poll questions, please also answer:

• Which aircraft type do you think is the most effective in the Invasion mode?
  • Attacking - GA or LF, Defending - HF or LF

• Which aircraft type do you think is the least effective in the Invasion mode?
  • Defending - HF as you are limited on its role targets, only other HF available for quick kills.  Other than that you have to boom and zoom MR and LF planes.  Takes longer.  Attacking - Bombers, they are cannon fodder for HF and high altitude fighters

• Briefly describe your impressions of the new mode.
  • It is a good change of pace.  There wasn't anything I didn't like about it so much that it made it not playable.

Please also feel free to discuss any other sentiment regarding this new mode in this thread. 

The attacking team is at a disadvantage as you lose spots based on how many GA and Bombers you have on your team.  So basically if you have 2 GA and 2 Bombers you are left with 8 mixed fighter planes. I have seen teams with 5 GA IIRC The defending side has a full 12 mixed fighters, and a Defending HF can take out multiple Bombers and GA quickly and easily while the rest of the mixed fighters have too much of a plane advantage over the attacking side.  On top of that you have AA to deal with.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

SgtSchlautter #23 Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3555 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
I noticed most people disagree with the fact that each class of plane plays a vital role. I think they absolutely all are way more impactful than in normal conquest. fighters and multiroles will always be useful and the GA and bombers are always useful as well in this mode (although I feel bombers are better surprisingly) as they are always on the attacking team. They can really impact battles greatly. The most underwhelming class in the game currently, the heavies, even have a vital role in this game mode. If they are attacking, they kind of suck, but if they are defending, then they have so many bombers and GA to shoot all the time. Honestly, I think i would like heavies to be only able to get on the defending team. They are incredibly useful when defending

Cenotaph #24 Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:30 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2759 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostSgtSchlautter, on 08 March 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

I noticed most people disagree with the fact that each class of plane plays a vital role.

I don't think it's so much that anyone thinks they aren't vital... just that they aren't effective.

Meaning, they don't receive enough cover, end up taking alot of the teams respawns, and ultimately are contributing less than they could, and should, be able to.

This seems to be compounded by the smaller combat area, which makes avoiding the enemy just that much harder.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

SpiritFoxMY #25 Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2504 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCenotaph, on 09 March 2018 - 07:30 AM, said:

I don't think it's so much that anyone thinks they aren't vital... just that they aren't effective.

Meaning, they don't receive enough cover, end up taking alot of the teams respawns, and ultimately are contributing less than they could, and should, be able to.

This seems to be compounded by the smaller combat area, which makes avoiding the enemy just that much harder.

Pretty much this. I've seen a cloud of GAAs be devastatingly effective at the higher tiers where their defensive firepower can tear a light fighter to shreds, but at lower tiers, they just don't have that defensive power.

And bombers just get slaughtered like its 2nd Schweinfurt. 

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #26 Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

Four heavy fighters on defense, with at least two commonly flown by human players, is too much; would probably be better if allotted as a ratio of how many bombers end up on the attacking side.

Multirole fighters, while okay as attackers, don't work too awful well as defenders and even for a good player quite often clearly wasted respawns while hauling around useless ordnance.

However, defending teams getting as many as five Spitfires not to mention a few Zeros if not also Yaks thrown in yet none for the attackers, is a beyond questionable matchmaking failure that needs addressed.

Y'all at GHQ don't have to punish the damn players for just simply trying to play the effing game; once again, as elsewhere, this is NOT (Not I/we tell you!) a simulation title, it's an arcade game with planes.

There'll have to be a limit on the number of GAA past tier VII; some planes are simply too good en masse, to the point where at tier X even heavies are being criticaled to uselessness if not shredded by multiple tail gunners.

But at the same time, as others noted, lower tier GAA are too often barely able to accomplish anything even if in groups; plus matches in the mode are just too fast for their low speed and long rearm times.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 09 March 2018 - 08:49 AM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

SpiritFoxMY #27 Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2504 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 09 March 2018 - 08:21 AM, said:

Multirole fighters, while okay as attackers, don't work too awful well as defenders and even for a good player quite often clearly wasted respawns while hauling around useless ordnance.

Well... not ALL multiroles :p I kicked [edited]in my BV 212.03. Those R4Ms can crush a full HP GAA in a single pass and the plane is maneuverable enough to deal with other fighters (unless they're flown by Medjoe...)

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Cenotaph #28 Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:50 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2759 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 09 March 2018 - 12:21 AM, said:

:facepalm:        :izmena:             :kamikaze:                

View PostCenotaph, on 08 March 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

I found my F-94D (Affectionately known as Brrrrt) quite effective, but like I said in my post, being detailed would require going on a plane by plane basis...

Hell, I even flighted up in it with someone in a tier 10 (as I helped him do his missions), and was often the only 9 in battles... and still we wrecked faces.

View PostCenotaph, on 08 March 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

I was on defense 90% of the time, and we won 80% of those matches. (NOT Hyperbole)

Edited by Cenotaph, 09 March 2018 - 09:57 AM.

NorthernPorter #29 Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 1583 battles
    • I feel like the most effective aircraft for this mode is overall the fighter. But it really depends on whether you are playing defense or offense.
      • If you're defense, It is pretty much only the fighter or heavy fighter. Fighters to take on other fighters and defend the zone, and heavy fighters to zap the bombers and ground attacks.
      • Whereas on offense, you can really make use of most of all the roles, but I feel mostly the ground attack and fighters are the most effective. Fighters again to take on the defense aircraft, ground attack to splash the ground targets. 
    • While the multi role and bombers have their uses but I feel like these are the least effective roles in this mode. The multi-roles typically don't have the maneuverability of the fighters or the firepower of ground attack. And while the bombers can stay well above the furball, I just feel like they can't contribute as much as the ground attacks.
    • My first couple matches in the mode, I didn't care for it, but it just took some getting use to. I think the thing that bothered me the most was how little resource there were and how quickly they ran out. I'd be happier with the respawn method from the conquest mode. That I feel allows for more gameplay and a better experience. Just my opinion though. Think the squall line is a little misleading though, could just change it say, something like "We're running low on reinforcements..." or something to that effect. It's nice though to have the change in pace from conquest mode!

RobertK #30 Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:57 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2526 battles
  • [RUEN] RUEN

View PostGhostPrime, on 08 March 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

Hello Pilots!

We would like your feedback on the "Invasion" mode. Once you fill out the poll questions, please also answer:

Please also feel free to discuss any other sentiment regarding this new mode in this thread.

I think Fighters are the most effective in Invasion. Since it seems like the defending side is most effective, fighters will tend to dominate over the cap points that the attackers MUST engage at.

Ground Attack planes have a really hard time in Invasion mode. They typically need to be involved in the fur ball happening around the caps, but a dedicated defender will target them so ruthlessly that the caps won't turn.

My general impression of the Invasion mode is that the defenders are pretty heavily favored. This skews the mode so that planes that sacrifice air-to-air capability to gain some ground attack capability will be at a disadvantage. This is why I think (light) fighters are very effective in this mode. I believe the attackers need some sort of increased advantage to balance the mode; just having more respawns isn't enough.

ChiefGunner73 #31 Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:07 PM

Airman Basic

• 516 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 08 March 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

Hello Pilots!

Fighter

Which aircraft type do you think is the least effective in the Invasion mode?

​Bomber

Briefly describe your impressions of the new mode.

Personally I hate it. I'm sure there are some who like it.

​When the events are coming up the game gets really buggy which suggest programmers are in a hurry to get it out.

There needs to be an option to whether you want to participate in the event or not. I would not.

Give that option and I believe you will get real feedback by participation level in the event vs regular play. 

When the events start I move to the lower tier planes and play there.

​The event starts soon and bugs have already started to show up. No after action reports and getting stuck with 1 plane in the hanger.

Use a test server before just throwing something against the wall and seeing if it sticks.

Bad_Wulf #32 Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:15 PM

Senior Airman

• 2225 battles
I only played a few matches, it was obvious right way that if the defending team did not predict where the main attack was going first, to stop them in their tracks right away, the attacking team won.

And if the majority of the defenders did predict accurately, but lost  that first resistance at the first cap, the attacking team would win the match.

At the same time though, if the defenders crush an assault at one cap, and the remaining attackers at another cap falters, as bots tend to do, the attackers never get the momentum.

Tl:dr: W/L is determined in the first 3 minutes.

One reason I stopped playing tanks was you could predict w/l 80% of the time by judging your teams deployment in the first 2 minutes. The other 20% was because someone played exceptional. That's not what I want here.

Edited by Bad_Wulf, 09 March 2018 - 09:16 PM.

StoptheViolins #33 Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:37 AM

• 1655 battles

It's garbage.  Any event that blocks progression for 2 weeks is terrible.  When I say blocks progression for 2 weeks I mean if I don't get all of Stage 1 and 2 done before Invasion ends then I need to wait 2 weeks to get invasion again to try and finish Stages 1 and 2.  Same thing for Attrition.  Since I didn't get Stages 1 and 2 done I need to skip the weekend of Attrition since it is the only game mode available (stupid) and play invasion the following weekend to get Stages 1-2 and then I am stuck waiting for Attrition again to get Stage 3 done.  If I don't get Stage 3 done then I need to wait 2 weeks to finish it.  

Not a very well thought out event and very frustrating.

Lt_Huber #34 Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:37 PM

Senior Airman

• 735 battles
  • [RUEN] RUEN

Edit: I had the wrong game mode, thanks for correcting me. I just wanted to clarify that I hate invasion, with a fiery passion. game modes are way too short and objectives really mean nothing, 

Edited by Lt_Huber, 18 March 2018 - 01:39 AM.

LMG #35 Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1868 battles

View PostLt_Huber, on 10 March 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

I am very much enjoying this new game mode. I hope it sticks around. Compared to the utter disaster and lack of fun I had last weekend, I was coming into this with dread. However, I am enjoying my games and play time so far. 

Edit; Im not trying to unlock the planes and dont give a crap about he missions, so I have no complaints based on that, unlike others.

This is the feedback thread for Invasion, not for Attrition :bajan:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Cenotaph #36 Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:12 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2759 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostLt_Huber, on 10 March 2018 - 05:37 AM, said:

I am very much enjoying this new game mode. I hope it sticks around. Compared to the utter disaster and lack of fun I had last weekend.

View PostLMG, on 10 March 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

This is the feedback thread for Invasion, not for Attrition :bajan:

^ That...

Incase it wasn't clear, Invasion mode was the thing you hated last weekend.

Edited by Cenotaph, 10 March 2018 - 10:13 PM.

CorvusCorvax #37 Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1352 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
After playing Attrition, I much prefer it over invasion.

jack_wdw #38 Posted 12 March 2018 - 01:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 886 battles
Tried a couple of battles yesterday.
Don't see the difference between Attrition and normal conquest mode, so didn't fly much yesterday.

One thing that happens now is, i can only select a plane in the first battle.
All the following battles i'm unable to select another plane, only when i leave the game and log in again.

MARS_REVENANT #39 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:13 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3725 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Postjack_wdw, on 12 March 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

Tried a couple of battles yesterday.
Don't see the difference between Attrition and normal conquest mode, so didn't fly much yesterday.

One thing that happens now is, i can only select a plane in the first battle.
All the following battles i'm unable to select another plane, only when i leave the game and log in again.

You should be able to select different planes after battle.  Clearing the game Cache is really important with the Conquest, Invasion, Attrition changes every week.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

StoptheViolins #40 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:37 PM

• 1655 battles

View PostRico_CotC_, on 10 March 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

After playing Attrition, I much prefer it over invasion.

The funny thing Invasion is close to what some people want - limiting re-spawns.  However, you are right Attrition is more fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users