Pre-2.0-Gen player concerns

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

GiN_nTonic #1 Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:35 PM

Captain

• 226 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Everyone active in the 2.0+ may look at this post completely differently, and I am happy to be told where I am wrong.  However, a few comments from a pre-2.0-gen player trying this game again.

1. I like added complexity on GA  - but i think its too much right now.  It feels a bit gimmicky how you end up rushing from area to area to area and sometimes avoid dogifghting the actual few humans in the game since you dont see them.   WoWS 2-3 CAP areas are sufficient and would improve game-play here IMO...perhaps larger districts...?.  The previous game tilted too far to air-2-air battles but this game is tilting too much to GA.  Needs balance.

2. To me it feels like BnZ game-play as been limited too much.  LF-ers and Multirole that traditionally used horizontal BnZ seem to have been limited in their effectiveness.  It now seems as if playing them like a potato (per last meta) is now their main function.  At least give them back their speed advantage in horizontal BnZ.

3. Performance impact.  In both WoT and WoWS there are secondary ways to win the game apart from destroying the other vehicles.  In WoWP right now it feels like shooting down planes and doing raw dmg is secondary to playing the CAPS and collecting resource pts.  A player can have an excellent personal game and impact the match very little.  To win in the current meta you have to know too much about the pt mechanics...and its overly complex IMO. One min. the game is telling me I need to re-capture a certain base, the next min. its telling me to go shoot down a flight of bombers, the next its telling me to go stop missile strikes....

I've played a few matches where the humans on the other side simply avoided me as if they were out there collecting coins/tokens like they were in super mario brothers and the person with most coins/tokens wins.  

Performance impact (Dmg and kills) in my opinion should always be #1 way to impact a game.  Just like in WoT and WoWS there are other ways to trump dmg and kills to win, but 8 times of 10 doing monster dmg and killing a lot of the enemy is going to carry a match.

4. Bring back 3-man flights.  This new game seems like it could handle it just fine....not to mention that reason alone I could probably get some people back over here to play from WT.

FluffyPabu #2 Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5968 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
3 man flight.... snoop.. i think you are high on grass duuuuuudddeeeee

MelBrooks #3 Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 11 battles
  • [FK] FK
This current meta could handle three or four man flights very well, especially if you limit the types of aircraft in those flights. No more than 2 aircraft of each particular class.

MARS_REVENANT #4 Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:20 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3715 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostMelBrooks, on 07 March 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

This current meta could handle three or four man flights very well, especially if you limit the types of aircraft in those flights. No more than 2 aircraft of each particular class.

The meta maybe, but not the current population.  The MM is currently putting together games with an average of 5v5 live players.  Right now, even 2 man flights are OP.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

GiN_nTonic #5 Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:30 PM

Captain

• 226 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Think "trickle-down" game population....  if 3 man flights were allowed, more people would play.  The more people would play, the better the population.

MARS_REVENANT #6 Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:38 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3715 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostGiN_nTonic, on 07 March 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

Think "trickle-down" game population....  if 3 man flights were allowed, more people would play.  The more people would play, the better the population.

By that logic: The more people win, the more people would play, conversely, the more people lose, the less they would play.  Flights have higher win rates on the backs of everyone else.  Whatever population gained by the flights would be cancelled out by people rage quitting.

If the battles were full 12v12 live players a flight could be countered.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

Worland #7 Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:44 PM

Master Sergeant

• 436 battles
There are not enough players to justify 3 man flights. Until late night EST, I typically only see 2 humans per team (including me). Facing a 2 man flight of fighters or bombers already guarantees a loss.

Just my opinion, but the main reason people don't play 2.0 is because nobody knows about it. Wargaming's advertising focuses on ships and tanks. Most of those players have no idea 2.0 exists.

GiN_nTonic #8 Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:36 AM

Captain

• 226 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 07 March 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

By that logic: The more people win, the more people would play, conversely, the more people lose, the less they would play.  Flights have higher win rates on the backs of everyone else.  Whatever population gained by the flights would be cancelled out by people rage quitting.

If the battles were full 12v12 live players a flight could be countered.

oh yeah, what about the logic that 3-somes are more fun???

MARS_REVENANT #9 Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:45 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3715 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostGiN_nTonic, on 07 March 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

oh yeah, what about the logic that 3-somes are more fun???

I don't disagree, I pretty much stated that... winning is fun.  But for the most part, as it is now, it will be flights vs mixed population where the MM makes 5v5 of 6v6 battles.   Fun is an illusion, what's fun for the flight is chaos for the noobs. 

nwlxn12 #10 Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

View PostGiN_nTonic, on 07 March 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

1. I like added complexity on GA  - but i think its too much right now.  It feels a bit gimmicky how you end up rushing from area to area to area and sometimes avoid dogifghting the actual few humans in the game since you dont see them.   WoWS 2-3 CAP areas are sufficient and would improve game-play here IMO...perhaps larger districts...?.  The previous game tilted too far to air-2-air battles but this game is tilting too much to GA.  Needs balance.

GA now share roles somewhat with bombers.  Change one and you change the other.

Edited by nwlxn12, 08 March 2018 - 01:14 AM.

Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya #11 Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:40 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 900 battles

Really? Three-manned flight?

For now,  Usually, High tier matches are formed with 2v2, or even 1v2(flight).  Same as Pre-2.0 does.
Even Matches are formed as Tier 8 vs Tier 9 flight/ Tier 9 vs Tier 10 flight.   and Usually, Flight kick solo's butt, and takes all.

Well I don't want play match as 1v3, and forced to lose. and ruining my experience, being sacrificed for their fun.:sceptic:

I personally thinks Flight is bad system. IT sucks. giving serious advantage to these damn stat-padders and seal-clubbers. and Make many of 'inferior' players to face the ceiling of skills and ragequit.

Well, For me, I didn't ragequit and practiced as hell..

But anyway. I don't want to face Triple Me 262 or IL-20 flight with feeble Tier 6 servants again. That was major pain in my butt.

unwinnable sh**.  It is chaos to newbies.  I still can remember the day I met three goddamn Fw 57 seal-clubber flight..

That is why I prefer solo, and try to minimize the time which I form flight.

I am trying to form flight only when I meets one of requirement.

1. I and another player whom I want to form flight are both so-so player, so Even if we form the flight, It still can't guarantee the win. and chance of lose are still high. (I rarely formed flight with funny guy. But sadly, I think he quit playing after 0.0.2.0)

2. I got some Special mission which rewards me with Premium planes. but I don't have enough time to grab it on solo. (I form flight on April 2017, cause I want to get free La-11 but window of opportunity was closing.)

Cause I hate matchmaker when I need to face skilled flight,  I know pain of solo player whom facing flight.

and I don't like man flew with 60%+ flight percentage. 

Flight is Damaged system.  and Three-manned one is completely broken.

There are many of reason that WOWP Pre-2.0 failed to survive.  but I think these three manned flight is one of big reason.  sacrificing 27 men's fun for 3 men.

but.. hmm..  If We always can form 12vs12 with no bots, then Three manned flight is good to go,  Annoying but not powerful as nowadays which matches are full of brainless bots. (Out-tiered match with bot top tier, one of worst experience since 1.9)

Edited by Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya, 08 March 2018 - 01:41 AM.

I guess, This pilot is worst teammate when you are on match, *Facepalm

Former 2.0 stat.
7155 matches,  53.12% win rate, Hall of fame 772.

Member Title : Senior Master Sergeant

computit #12 Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 24 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostLt_Haruhi_Suzumiya, on 07 March 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

Really? Three-manned flight?

For now,  Usually, High tier matches are formed with 2v2, or even 1v2(flight).  Same as Pre-2.0 does.
Even Matches are formed as Tier 8 vs Tier 9 flight/ Tier 9 vs Tier 10 flight.   and Usually, Flight kick solo's butt, and takes all.

Well I don't want play match as 1v3, and forced to lose. and ruining my experience, being sacrificed for their fun.:sceptic:

I personally thinks Flight is bad system. IT sucks. giving serious advantage to these damn stat-padders and seal-clubbers. and Make many of 'inferior' players to face the ceiling of skills and ragequit.

Well, For me, I didn't ragequit and practiced as hell..

But anyway. I don't want to face Triple Me 262 or IL-20 flight with feeble Tier 6 servants again. That was major pain in my butt.

unwinnable sh**.  It is chaos to newbies.  I still can remember the day I met three goddamn Fw 57 seal-clubber flight..

That is why I prefer solo, and try to minimize the time which I form flight.

I am trying to form flight only when I meets one of requirement.

1. I and another player whom I want to form flight are both so-so player, so Even if we form the flight, It still can't guarantee the win. and chance of lose are still high. (I rarely formed flight with funny guy. But sadly, I think he quit playing after 0.0.2.0)

2. I got some Special mission which rewards me with Premium planes. but I don't have enough time to grab it on solo. (I form flight on April 2017, cause I want to get free La-11 but window of opportunity was closing.)

Cause I hate matchmaker when I need to face skilled flight,  I know pain of solo player whom facing flight.

and I don't like man flew with 60%+ flight percentage. 

Flight is Damaged system.  and Three-manned one is completely broken.

There are many of reason that WOWP Pre-2.0 failed to survive.  but I think these three manned flight is one of big reason.  sacrificing 27 men's fun for 3 men.

but.. hmm..  If We always can form 12vs12 with no bots, then Three manned flight is good to go,  Annoying but not powerful as nowadays which matches are full of brainless bots. (Out-tiered match with bot top tier, one of worst experience since 1.9)

​There were more players when there were 3 man flights

Removing it reduced the population 

Just a fact

http://hryunomod.ru/ubars/na/3100/computit.png
Your lack of flying skill does NOT equate to me or anyone else 'hacking'. Go fly bots, or low tiers and practice.

SpiritFoxMY #13 Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2497 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postcomputit, on 08 March 2018 - 02:22 AM, said:

​There were more players when there were 3 man flights

Removing it reduced the population 

Just a fact

Cause or effect though? And is it simply an artefact of remembering the flights more than the solos?

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Bobby_Tables #14 Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3316 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 07 March 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

Cause or effect though? And is it simply an artefact of remembering the flights more than the solos?

Iirc the elimination of three man flights did cause a bit of an exodus but nothing like the botpocalypse. 

Then, once the bots came along, 2 man flights of dual heavies or GA became the OP option for many and you can search the archives for that mess if you are really bored.

There are always going to be those who can exploit the meta.  I always took it as a challenge and did not bother commenting on flights because from experience, the cure is often worse than the disease in this game.      

mnbv_fockewulfe #15 Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 08 March 2018 - 02:26 AM, said:

I highly suspect the removal of 3 man flights to have caused more people to leave than make players return or stay.

The top clans in the game pre-2.0 are now all but nonexistent and they were the main guys keeping the game alive.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #16 Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

Only a few months back I was playing, or played with, a group of seven folks who joined or restarted the game after watching it be streamed.

Since then only one stills plays, and that only a few hours every few weeks for now - basically when the mood strikes, because who likes to win or lose based on random factors negating their own contributions.

The rest are gone, and probably never going to login again; it wasn't that they couldn't play, or advance, but more that the game can hinder anyone treading a middle ground who isn't ultra-elite or unable to gain any skills.

Just here today in less than five flights with that last player we faced a 60% plus player, or flight of same, on red not only in better planes but assigned better bots in even more TnB meta aircraft during multiple battles.

While it may not be deliberate that matchmaker, AI coding, and timing of certain events combine to further advantage the already likely to be dominant side, in practical effect there is rarely, if ever, any equality between teams.

As is, Warplanes can hardly function with how the matchmaker handles two-player flights; upping that flight limit wouldn't seem a viable addition.

Not to mention as well that at times folks do get the high WR flight on their team, along with better bots in better planes, yet still somehow lose what should've been a guaranteed win; for no rhyme or reason.

This is not how a company keeps a community, and it shows; what good is a title if only a minority able to more or less outright exploit the game because of unaddressed loopholes is there to watch the lights get turned off.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 08 March 2018 - 04:02 AM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Zigfreid #17 Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 8113 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostGiN_nTonic, on 07 March 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

​Hi ya Gin nice tan you got there, tall dark and handsome. 

This game was made for three or four man flights.

This game was made for 15 on 15 players on each side.

This game was made for all humans and no bots.

This game needs to bring back humans to be fixed.

The clans could fill there 100 slots again easy.

If you could think or remember when this game 4k humans.

This was one of the best games ever and could be again.

MagusGerhardt #18 Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:42 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 504 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

RETURN THREE MAN FLIGHTS TO THE GAME.

THAT IS ALL.  RE-EVALUATE AFTER THIS CHANGE.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

MelBrooks #19 Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 11 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 08 March 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

RETURN THREE MAN FLIGHTS TO THE GAME.

THAT IS ALL.  RE-EVALUATE AFTER THIS CHANGE.

​I didn't even need my reading glasses for this one. I said it earlier, Mag said it better.

Bubba_Zanetti #20 Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1325 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Why even bother with that?  There’s no clan or competitive type events run by WG now or in any planning stage.  No, in accordance with their current devolution of any and all good, functioning, least impactful feature or function or graphic model or audio tweak or emblem, I say dissolve any and all two man flights.  They serve zero function in a bot filled randomized pub match....good riddance.

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises”& WarMagic the Scattering- Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo █ If a company can't handle the truth based on pixelated facts then they shouldn't be in this industry to begin with. Or stop overreaching at areas where they obviously lack the resources to make a sucess (WOWP)” - ArrowZ_  As it is, this “upgrade” is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mystery to me.” - Bobby_Tables  The only thing that will fix this game is for the developers to right click and hit send to trash. - xPALEHORSEx  They've been around a good while and seen a lot of flak so they surely must know what they're doing by now. - Catch21  All wargaming has done in all their games across the board have been stupid and greedy ideas. They are failing as a company so hard. - Veraxu  Maybe Persha should avoid patches with the number 5 in them... - mnbv-fockewulfe  You put the bombsite behind a lock until you get specialist for your bombers? That's just stupid. - comtedumas  claiming victory by fixing your own problems isn't victory, it's low brow chicanery.- TheMadPizzler  Flying games generally don't have broad appeal, and this one has issues and the company tends to pour gasoline those issues, not fix them” - _Laserguided_   “I go to RU and (rhymes with git) all over dumb Slavs to express my rage.” - Rando CA  If you want to sell someone a car, you let them take it for a test drive, you don't run them over with it. - Blast_Radius1  My quote + Your signature + Please = Thank You” - Prenzlau  Feelings aren't stats, now shut up and go eat tide pods” - Noreaga  “The player online count was removed October 2017 and we don't have plans to return this number to be displayed. That is the decision of the developers team.”- blindfold  After a While it Becomes Tiresome (07.06.15)” - MALICE_AT_BIRTH  “Yes, we can have a place to report all the bugs and then watch as they all get ignored for 6 months” - Gang_Starr █ SonicPariah and blindfold might be listening to us, and sending our ideas along, but Persha sure isn't getting the message.” - CorvusCorvax

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users