Operation Westwall XF 15C Marathon Guide

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

iikiibuu #21 Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:52 PM

Senior Airman

• 660 battles
  • [D4] D4

View PostGuardian54, on 12 March 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but the lack of "Unless you have a Tier 8+ GA or get absurdly lucky, this is a hint you should do the other mission instead unless you have ZERO US Premium Light Fighters" prevents me from upvoting you. /poker face

This event is nothing like the Aigle where if you have a good stable of mid-tier (6-8) ships you can trivially solo everything and earn the ship. This event requires a very specific set of high tiers (read: GAs) to get past the ludicrous hurdles, despite everything else being available to mid-tier fliers.

That's OK I'm not here for upvotes, just trying to help where I can and those I can get missions done. As for the required planes and high tiers, I gave you advice, take it or leave it but if you want to go through every single plane choice, I can do that, but for the sake of time and space conservation I'm telling you what's best, hence the preface. Non-the-less good luck to you. 

Guardian54 #22 Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 202 battles
  • [70] 70

View Postiikiibuu, on 12 March 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

That's OK I'm not here for upvotes, just trying to help where I can and those I can get missions done. As for the required planes and high tiers, I gave you advice, take it or leave it but if you want to go through every single plane choice, I can do that, but for the sake of time and space conservation I'm telling you what's best, hence the preface. Non-the-less good luck to you. 

It's still a good guide.

It's just that the ground targets aren't indivudual bunkers or AA guns, but whole collections of objects. That requires one of two things: A) Big Splashy Bombs or B) Enough agility to come back for a second pass with guns to deal with the things you didn't splash to death.

Given whenever I play fighters I always take care of the GAs after intruding fighters... and I'm not there to kill the enemy fighters doing the same, well, being matched up against a human in a fighter is almost certainly one big lolnope for the mission and thus for the plane.

Edited by Guardian54, 12 March 2018 - 08:16 PM.

iikiibuu #23 Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:33 AM

Senior Airman

• 660 battles
  • [D4] D4

View PostGuardian54, on 12 March 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

Yeah I know that a GT = the full object, why scumbag can work if you finish off targets :D That being said in a bomber you can do this as well, especially the German tier 6 where you can stay high and drop large explosions. I think the Russian GAA will have a hard time unless you're tier 8+ true. Otherwise you will have to hope you don't get hunted. BUT something like the German tier 7 can really work because of the reload on your bombs, your speed and ability to keep going. 

That's why for this particular mission you can achieve wonders being in a flight with someone who is going to watch your six, or you can have them in a GAA and have them soak up aggro or even soften up the GT for you and let you get the finishing blow. Especially during invasion, the bot GAA etc all fire their rockets and other things early, with timing you can wait until they're almost done with the target then fire your 1 rocket to finish it off, or ninja it with your big guns. 

Basically if you can stay safe and high with big bombs, or fast and quick reloading bombs or big cannons where you can finish targets and you're golden. Rockets are your friend also. 

comtedumas #24 Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:57 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3924 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostGuardian54, on 12 March 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

I'm sorry, but the lack of "Unless you have a Tier 8+ GA or get absurdly lucky, this is a hint you should do the other mission instead unless you have ZERO US Premium Light Fighters" prevents me from upvoting you. /poker face

This event is nothing like the Aigle where if you have a good stable of mid-tier (6-8) ships you can trivially solo everything and earn the ship. This event requires a very specific set of high tiers (read: GAs) to get past the ludicrous hurdles, despite everything else being available to mid-tier fliers.

Bomber is the answer.

iikiibuu #25 Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:55 PM

Senior Airman

• 660 battles
  • [D4] D4

View Postcomtedumas, on 14 March 2018 - 02:57 AM, said:

Bomber is the answer.

It can be, but the ADA and the bots will gladly hunt you down during invasion, so you need to be particularly careful, having someone to watch your back and distract AI is also very helpful. 

pyantoryng #26 Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:14 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1296 battles

Maybe a GAA friend can snipe off all the AA guns in a sector for you while you get to those ADA...remember, AA guns will not grow back unless the whole thing is blown up, and ADA isn't in strongholds so that's a non-issue.

The real problem is how to do it solo...bomber seems to be the best chance, but...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

comtedumas #27 Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:33 AM

• 3924 battles
  • [FK] FK

View Postiikiibuu, on 14 March 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

It can be, but the ADA and the bots will gladly hunt you down during invasion, so you need to be particularly careful, having someone to watch your back and distract AI is also very helpful. 

​ didn't have problems at high altitude bombing two weekends ago, but after what i just saw after the patch today, it might be a problem.  AA and Bots both are boosted again.  

Bud_Buckwald #28 Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:15 AM

Airman Basic

• 419 battles
#7 is wrong

iikiibuu #29 Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:34 PM

Senior Airman

• 660 battles
  • [D4] D4

View PostBud_Buckwald, on 17 March 2018 - 03:15 AM, said:

#7 is wrong

how so?

NorthernPorter #30 Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:58 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 1145 battles
Just checking to make sure I am understanding this right. With the last mission, the only way I'll get the plane is if I've completed all the secondary task in the prior missions?

SpiritFoxMY #31 Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1352 battles

View PostNorthernPorter, on 19 March 2018 - 02:58 AM, said:

Just checking to make sure I am understanding this right. With the last mission, the only way I'll get the plane is if I've completed all the secondary task in the prior missions?

Yes

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

iikiibuu #32 Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:27 AM

Senior Airman

• 660 battles
  • [D4] D4

I will be editing my guides at some point, I just wanted to add that I had completed (just about) the mission on NA as well with a very basic account with not a whole lot of choice in terms of planes and pilot skills etc. 

Main planes I used:

Ta 152 for all plane killing and aerial target killing missions 

Hurricane 2/I16 for the rocket kill missions

RB17 for all sector capture and ground target damage missions

Then i used random planes and other grinding planes to work my way through the various grinding missions. Overall once you get your head around the missions and have experience, you do get a better hold of them. 

PostTraumatic #33 Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:59 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1302 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

This is what I would add.  I have both planes done...

#11 (part 2) go in a tier 10 GA as there are no bombers at tier 10 and more GA to fry.  Go to the opposite side right off and start killing them all the way back to the spawn and you can get MANY ga in one match.  I think the most i got in one match was 11...  they spawn and train right to you over and over kill kill kill...  this one can be done in less than 10 matches for sure.

#14 (second part) Just go take the middle and when it is full go high and stay there until they take a wedge of your base and then go kill one to get base full.  for every one they kill you kill one and wait until they kill another and was rinse repeat.  I tried this method and it worked the first try.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 28 March 2018 - 12:00 AM.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #34 Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

XF-15C

- aircraft flown by me (average'ish player on bad connection) as of the third (and last) ''Invasion'' weekend, having skipped entirely the second weekend of that mode:

Spoiler

edit: Awarded the plane late evening on April 8th.

Ding Hao

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 10 April 2018 - 08:53 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users