Operation Westwall Do 335 A-1 Marathon mission.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

comtedumas #21 Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:53 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3995 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostGuardian54, on 12 March 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

You are talking about the "Kill 15 ground targets in one battle and not die once" mission, right?

That's goddamned impossible unless you're telling me I can just shoot all the AA guns and then when the team caps the sector all those count as fully destroyed GTs by me.

As far as I can tell that's not how it works, I have to kill the bunkers next to the AA guns too for it to count... and with GA agility that's really hard unless one bomb can splash them all or I have enough rockets.

Maybe a multirole fighter with bombs and rockets would have an easier time in pirating such GT kills (kill the last building in a GT)?

Bombers can do it, and quite easily.  

pyantoryng #22 Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:16 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1409 battles

The Do 335A-1 missions are much more manageable than XF15C because the third stage doesn't call for survival...and no pesky air defense plane kills on invasion stage like the XF15C. The problem could be the final mission needing 15 kills on win...getting 15 kills in Invasion is actually possible with extended respawns on the attackers' end, but it does take some lining up of circumstances...

Pulled all distinctions in the Invasion stage in one day (no flight)...granted, I have a lot of hardware to choose from...

Spoiler

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

iikiibuu #23 Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:40 AM

Senior Airman

• 723 battles
  • [D4] D4

I will be editing my guides at some point, I just wanted to add that I had completed (just about) the mission on NA as well with a very basic account with not a whole lot of choice in terms of planes and pilot skills etc. 

Main planes I used:

Ta 152 for all plane killing and aerial target killing missions 

Hurricane 2/I16 for the rocket kill missions

RB17 for all sector capture and ground target damage missions

Then i used random planes and other grinding planes to work my way through the various grinding missions. Overall once you get your head around the missions and have experience, you do get a better hold of them. 

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #24 Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

Do 335 A-1

- aircraft flown by me (average'ish player on bad connection) as of the second Attrition weekend:

Spoiler

edit: Awarded the plane just before midnight on March 31st.

Ding Hao

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 01 April 2018 - 09:38 AM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users