Community Contributed Guide to Premium Aircraft

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

Reitousair #121 Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:00 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 14385 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 08 April 2020 - 07:38 AM, said:

My big gripe about most T7 aircraft is how poorly they do when bottom tier.  And because so many people fly T8, T7 planes are bottom tier A LOT.  I love flying the Dora and the Typhoon.  But both of those guys are relegated to role-playing when T8 planes are in the air.  The B-32 can just stomp the whole battlefield - until you get a bunch of T8 HFs flying around.  About the only plane I think holds it's own against T8 planes is the Tu-1.  That plane is just stupid, LOL.

I agree that the -3RD is ridiculously fun.  I'm not sure if, with that single cannon, it can be a hard-carry plane, but you can sure do stuff in it that makes other humans pull their hair out.  I would love to see what you think about how to make it do stuff to make it a hard-carry plane - if only because it takes forever to shoot stuff down, and you can't really counter bombers well with that tiny, single gun.

Tier 7 is unfortunately one of my favorite tiers to play so I know all too well how much of a struggle it is, but it's the single most balanced tier in the game. It doesn't have any truly awful planes like tier 8 and it only has one particularly overpowered aircraft unlike pretty much every other tier in the game.

Yak-3RD is not a hard carry plane, no, it can't kill fast enough to rapidly flip caps nor defend them from large amounts of enemies (or just large enemies.) However it can be a soft carry plane due to its ability to win fights against most aircraft and its speed, very responsive to the map when it needs to be. Amusingly I've found myself semi-consistently winning fights against tier 8 planes due to the performance of the Yak-3RD, however I only say semi-consistently because it frequently takes too long to put down a tier 8 plane before somebody interferes.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Premium plane reviews can be found here. Special project equipment spreadsheet can be found here.

trikke #122 Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:28 PM

Major

• 5393 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

ty for all these reviews, brother       they're thoughtfully prepared to help both new folks and vets        we just don't see that much helpful info from other superpilots

except for SFMY

the ability to sense small differences between similar planes is beyond most of us      and being able to describe it like you can is a gift

see you Saturday 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

trikke #123 Posted 24 April 2020 - 03:13 AM

Major

• 5393 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
well, crap      lost 90% of the post when i clicked "post"      screw it

Edited by trikke, 24 April 2020 - 03:16 AM.

Reitousair #124 Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:04 AM

• 14385 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

30% off a selection of tier 8 prems, quite nice and an unusually high discount.

So--through the power of a mystical card that can be used to transfer money in a non-physical manner--I have gotten the NC 1070.

Seems like a nice plane but not all that strong, full review to come in... probably some day, May 2020

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

Premium plane reviews can be found here. Special project equipment spreadsheet can be found here.

Reitousair #125 Posted 11 May 2020 - 12:06 AM

• 14385 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Alright, NC 1070 review is up, I don't really know what I expected out of it but I was still disappointed in terms of playing the objective.

Despite that it can be a very fun plane to play when you aren't panicking as you see your 4-cap lead become a 5-cap deficit within the span of about 30 seconds. Won quite a few dogfights against other planes of various models thanks to the guns, both on the front and back of it and it has some really interesting attack routes thanks to the strong rudder and low stall speed. Just wish it could actually move around better since the sluggishness can't really be fixed without an engine equipment slot, even when you have EG2.

Also this is a thing now I guess

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

Reitousair #126 Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:43 AM

• 14385 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Seafang review is up, I was expecting to be disappointed but alas, it managed to surpass my extremely low expectations, and then surpassed my expectations as a Tempest alternative. It's a genuinely fun plane to fly as somebody who has a wealth of experience flying both Corsairs and Hawkers; it's pretty similar to the aforementioned lines while being better than both at dealing with aircraft.

Kind of amusing I'm enjoying the plane a friend bought for me over the plane I bought for myself, oh well.

Edited by Reitousair, 13 May 2020 - 12:44 AM.

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

trikke #127 Posted 15 May 2020 - 09:02 PM

Major

• 5393 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

ty, brother       always thoughtful reviews from you

i've owned it since it showed up for sale in early 2.0       flew it maybe 25 times, then just stopped for no particular reason 

i've thrown a good pilot in it, and i'll fly it like a Corsair, which is a fav        wish me luck

Sink_Stuff #128 Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:27 AM

• 1864 battles

View PostReitousair, on 13 May 2020 - 12:43 AM, said:

Seafang review is up, I was expecting to be disappointed but alas, it managed to surpass my extremely low expectations, and then surpassed my expectations as a Tempest alternative. It's a genuinely fun plane to fly as somebody who has a wealth of experience flying both Corsairs and Hawkers; it's pretty similar to the aforementioned lines while being better than both at dealing with aircraft.

Kind of amusing I'm enjoying the plane a friend bought for me over the plane I bought for myself, oh well.

Can you please review the lower tier premiums as well? There are many reasons for me asking this

1. This post does not delineate between high tier and low tier, but all premiums

2. Most people play low tiers and not high tiers

3. Daily missions require the use of tier 1-4 aircraft

4. There are a lot more lower tier premiums than higher tiers

5. Many people earn for free, or from crates, many low tier premiums.

6. More players buy low tier premiums than high tier premiums

7. Personal campaign missions allow tier 4 and up planes

So, I feel that there is actually a greater need for reviews for lower tier premiums than higher tier premiums because more people have and use low tier premiums. Yet, very few really good players offer reviews for lower tier premiums. And so we have a hole in our quality information from very good players. So posting low tier premium reviews I feel will help a lot more people than high tier premium reviews. I do thank you for the high tier premium reviews. And I will admit that they are far more critical considering the cost of high tier premiums. So thank you very much for all the ones that you posted. But please, if you can, review some low tier premiums. Especially the ones that you consider must haves for medals missions, daily missions, grinding pilot xp, clan use, flights, etc. 

Thank you for all you do. 

Edited by Sink_Stuff, 30 June 2020 - 04:35 AM.

Reitousair #129 Posted 12 October 2020 - 05:43 AM

• 14385 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Wow this thread isn't totally dead as it turns out, review for the Spitfire V DB.605 is up forgive me god for I have sinned.

I also did a rewrite of the Me 109 TL since I have been investing heavily into my German planes as of late, I guess I never really saw the potential of it initially and never gave it a chance to show what it can do when kitted out.

Might also do some rewrites of the other German premiums since I've been playing them more often as of late (except Ho 229, effortlessly killing entire teams isn't exactly fun.)

Also as a bit of a further update: when I get enough gold I'll probably purchase the P-39Q which will be my last review for quite a while due to only four more premiums being left, three of which only appear in the premium shop every now and again.

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

hoom #130 Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:18 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13461 battles

Block Quote

effortlessly killing entire teams isn't exactly fun.

Can attest.

Getting effortlessly killed by Reit in his Ho 229 isn't fun :(

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

Reitousair #131 Posted 25 December 2020 - 01:26 PM

• 14385 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

So after seeing that F-82E would be available in a "special offer" I waited to just buy it outright when my judgement is severely impaired.

Due to getting the F-82E/P-51K bundle, when premium aircraft go on sale at the end of the year I think I'll be able to pick up both the RB-17 and P-39Q.

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

Reitousair #132 Posted 29 December 2020 - 03:11 AM

• 14385 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Alright, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand F-82E review is up. Opinion section is probably the longest I've written since I'm drawing comparisons to the P-82B as well as going over how it plays. At the very least it's enough of an eyesore I've had to take some time to make it more readable.

I've genuinely enjoyed the thing seeing as it's more of a good thing for me. I love the P-82B so a slightly weaker but noticeably altered version is good fun and has lead to some very fun engagements.

Just a couple more days before the New Years premium sale which will allow me to purchase the P-39Q and RB-17 together.

Edited by Reitousair, 29 December 2020 - 03:17 AM.

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

trikke #133 Posted 29 December 2020 - 03:34 PM

Major

• 5393 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

crap, outta plus ones

another great review...  even more detailed than the B         

okay, okay       i just bought it for the 8-skill US pilot, but i'll actually put him in it now         

not a Mustang fan, but i do love the B, but primarily for the codpiece guns and the bombs      and i can't stop myself from turning in the B, so this might work out!

Reitousair #134 Posted 31 December 2020 - 08:50 AM

• 14385 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

So I've gotten my hands on the P-39Q and RB-17 now which means I have every premium readily available in the tech tree tab from tier 6 onwards and unless Yak-3T/La-11/XF-85 are available for gold I don't think I'll be getting them anytime soon, unfortunately. But 93% completion isn't too bad.

Anyways, P-39Q just feels like a marginally faster P-39N but with inferior firepower (oh how the loss of the .30 cals consistent DPS hurts when dealing with Spitfires.) RB-17 has been quite pleasant though amusingly I've been racking up a fair few losses since it seems like MM believes I can singlehandedly carry my entire team on 4-5 garrison maps when the biggest number on their post-battle results is amount of times shot down. Does mean I have plenty of sectors to capture at least so it helps with the specialization grind.

Edited by Reitousair, 31 December 2020 - 08:50 AM.

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

trikke #135 Posted 31 December 2020 - 12:55 PM

Major

• 5393 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

getting shot down in a bomber is 50% embarrassing and 50% annoying         

offset by the happy fact that you can now respawn closer to your next target, maybe 50% of the time

see what i did there...   using mathematics to explain complex social issues

Reitousair #136 Posted 06 January 2021 - 12:36 AM

• 14385 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

RB-17 and P-39Q reviews are up... a couple days after the sale on premiums ended, whoops. Still, other than some rewrites I plan on doing someday this effectively concludes the review series. Unless Yak-3T, La-11, and XF-85 end up going for gold in the tech tree. I'll still check on this thread occasionally and update it if I feel the need to rewrite some of the older reviews or have to correct information.

...Perhaps I should look into playing tier 5 more often.

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

SkyWolf__WM #137 Posted 06 January 2021 - 03:07 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 16395 battles
  • [I57TH] I57TH

View PostReitousair, on 31 December 2020 - 03:50 AM, said:

So I've gotten my hands on the P-39Q and RB-17 now which means I have every premium readily available in the tech tree tab from tier 6 onwards and unless Yak-3T/La-11/XF-85 are available for gold I don't think I'll be getting them anytime soon, unfortunately. But 93% completion isn't too bad.

Anyways, P-39Q just feels like a marginally faster P-39N but with inferior firepower (oh how the loss of the .30 cals consistent DPS hurts when dealing with Spitfires.) RB-17 has been quite pleasant though amusingly I've been racking up a fair few losses since it seems like MM believes I can singlehandedly carry my entire team on 4-5 garrison maps when the biggest number on their post-battle results is amount of times shot down. Does mean I have plenty of sectors to capture at least so it helps with the specialization grind.

I looked at your stuff and I can't find it. I'm stooopud, but still.  :amazed:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

SpiritFoxMY #138 Posted 06 January 2021 - 03:52 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6559 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Rei's guide IS a little hard to find these days seeing as its been buried. His reviews are on Page 3 of this thread

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

trikke #139 Posted 07 January 2021 - 12:50 AM

Major

• 5393 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 06 January 2021 - 11:07 AM, said:

I looked at your stuff and I can't find it. I'm stooopud, but still.  :amazed:

in his sig       Premium plane reviews can be found here.

SkyWolf__WM #140 Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:39 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 16395 battles
  • [I57TH] I57TH
Oh... I thought he had a video review up.  :(
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users