Wargaming - Too much **** in your content; please be honestly objective and rethink it.

Event Task Mission Token Certificate Requirements Reward Premium tier VIII Planes

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

MARS_REVENANT #21 Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:41 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3550 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostCenotaph, on 06 March 2018 - 02:38 AM, said:

Glad to see you admit to something, it's a start... recognizing you're a failure is the first step to change.

Oh no... some random person online has tried to make it sound as though my comments were serious and and that I have a real problem, and at the same time they have tried to make it sound as if they know what they are talking about and have somehow made me seem insecure about myself... what shall I do?

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

MelBrooks #22 Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 11 battles
Boy, somebody sure sounds like Nancy’s brother

Cenotaph #23 Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:44 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2450 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 06 March 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

Oh no... some random person online has tried to make it sound as though my comments were serious and and that I have a real problem, and at the same time they have tried to make it sound as if they know what they are talking about and have somehow made me seem insecure about myself... what shall I do?

Well... someone who didn't care, wouldn't try so hard to make it look like they didn't care, they'd just ignore the person.

So, I'd start with not being such a tool, and move on with my life... but you do you, man.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

MARS_REVENANT #24 Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:47 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3550 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostCenotaph, on 06 March 2018 - 02:44 AM, said:

Well... someone who didn't care, wouldn't try so hard to make it look like they didn't care, they'd just ignore the person.

So, I'd start with not being such a tool, and move on with my life... but you do you, man.

Ok, I'll wait for you to not be such a tool... 

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

Cenotaph #25 Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:49 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2450 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 06 March 2018 - 07:47 AM, said:

You'll be waiting a long time, I've already made it very clear that I enjoy badgering hypocrites and sycophants.

Your move...

PS: I've already got old SICK members telling me what a joke you are, so... yeah, looks like it's more than just some random nobody thinking you suck.

Edited by Cenotaph, 06 March 2018 - 07:53 AM.

Bobby_Tables #26 Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2937 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostMelBrooks, on 06 March 2018 - 01:42 AM, said:

Boy, somebody sure sounds like Nancy’s brother

I Drew the same conclusion but then Steeled myself from making accusations.  

Perrigrino #27 Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:40 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2410 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Really Mars?

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 05 March 2018 - 11:52 PM, said:

Here is where you are totally out of bounds.

Look in your Tech Tree or Premium Shop.  Do you see all the tier 8 Premium planes there?  Those are for sale for $ or for gold which costs $.

Now WG is releasing 2 new Tier 8 Premium Planes.  They could have just put them int the Tech Tree or Premium Shop for $ like the rest of them.  In fact if you want them that bad you can pay about $80 for 216 certificates that will unlock both planes for you.  Note the cost of all of the other Tier 8 premium planes.  RB-17 $70, IL-10M $69, J8M $69, 109 TL $64, and they are offering you 2 brand new never before released planes for $40 each, which is about the cost of the tier 7 premium planes.

On top of that, they are currently running an event which allows you to reduce the number of certificates you would need to purchase, or, if you put the time and effort in, earn 2 Tier 8 Premium Planes for Free.

So... Mr. Poor Business Practice 101 - How much better would you like WG to make this deal for you?  Last time I checked, businesses don't make $ by giving away stuff for free.

My advice, stop believing you are entitled to something, and either pay for it, or go put in the work to earn it.

Once again you attack the person, belittling them, showing blatant disrespect for opinion(s). He offered his opinion, and you, yours, and then you went outta "bounds". No need to be rude.

MARS_REVENANT #28 Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:26 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3550 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 06 March 2018 - 02:47 AM, said:

View PostCenotaph, on 06 March 2018 - 02:49 AM, said:

You'll be waiting a long time

Lol... K.

FIight #29 Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:42 PM

• 3538 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

The dingo ate warplanes...

soydivision #30 Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 604 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

It's a free-to-play game.  There are like a bazillion planes you can get with no money involved.  If you want the premium planes then you 1) pay for them like you normally would or 2) do a few of the dumb missions and get a discount first.  And if you have a lot of free time, you could 3) potentially even get them for free!

Blucraft #31 Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1351 battles

OP, the missions aren't that hard man....if you want the plane(s) just play (or pay certs). If not, don't then move on...nothing shady to see here :sceptic:.  Why must there always be something to complain about?

-Blu

Edited by Blucraft, 06 March 2018 - 02:38 PM.

kidflash113 #32 Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• 419 battles

MARS_REVENANT I have been a little abrasive towards you let me clarify.

Look it's clear you have put in the time to learn this game well and i do appreciate it. I have learned a lot from your streams and video's and while these missions might be doable to you, your right not everyone should just get a tier 8 plane (this is not the Oprah show) my main point is if your gonna hold an event in a game that really needs more players wargaming might want to tailor it a little more towards the average to new player rather than the 1% and more towards the 99%.

while tier 8 planes probably should be hard to get and when it's players like yourself who have put in the time and effort to earn one, thing is it's almost irrelevant honestly to you its basically just another plane in your inventory or collection where as if they made it a little more achievable by say 50% of players as an event to earn maybe a tier 5-6-7 plane we could probably be able to attract and keep newer players or weekend warriors its not like your leaving anytime soon and most who try this event get frustrated and either don't participate to win the planes or just play something else.

while WOWP probably won't be going nowhere because its carried by the WOT player base and they can throw crumbs at WOWP to keep it alive it would be nice to play with more than 1-2 real players in a battle, which is the best thing about the event there's more people per battle than bots.

Edited by kidflash113, 06 March 2018 - 03:55 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #33 Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:23 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3550 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Postkidflash113, on 06 March 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

MARS_REVENANT I have been a little abrasive towards you let me clarify.

Look it's clear you have put in the time to learn this game well and i do appreciate it. I have learned a lot from your streams and video's and while these missions might be doable to you, your right not everyone should just get a tier 8 plane (this is not the Oprah show) my main point is if your gonna hold an event in a game that really needs more players wargaming might want to tailor it a little more towards the average to new player rather than the 1% and more towards the 99%.

while tier 8 planes probably should be hard to get and when it's players like yourself who have put in the time and effort to earn one, thing is it's almost irrelevant honestly to you its basically just another plane in your inventory or collection where as if they made it a little more achievable by say 50% of players as an event to earn maybe a tier 5-6-7 plane we could probably be able to attract and keep newer players or weekend warriors its not like your leaving anytime soon and most who try this event get frustrated and either don't participate to win the planes or just play something else.

while WOWP probably won't be going nowhere because its carried by the WOT player base and they can throw crumbs at WOWP to keep it alive it would be nice to play with more than 1-2 real players in a battle, which is the best thing about the event there's more people per battle than bots.

No worries mate, I have thick skin.

WG has and will hold several events for newer players.  Those events will have prizing with low/mid tier premium planes.  Yes the game is new and is growing with a low population, but imo needs to have events for everyone, not just new players.  so some events will be geared towards more skilled, or long time players, some will be geared towards newer players.

Also keep in mind since WOWP 2.0 launch, there was the initial launch event which included low, mid, and high tier bombers as prizing, also the Skies of Albion event had several prize planes through random crates that had a full range of premium plane prizing.  Not to mention the Santa bags that were put on sale, several really great premium shop deals like the Spit 1a for and XP-33(?) for $1.  And all of the premium plane giveaways since lunch with several low and mid tier premium planes.  There has been plenty for new players to take advantage of.

My basic point is, A high tier Premium plane, requires work and skill and time to achieve, or else it loses its value if they just give it away.  If people don't have the skill, or the time, or they don't want to put in the effort, they are free to purchase the planes if they want.  Pricing is higher compared to the rest of the premium tier 8 planes, but it is their initial release, and is in line with the mission difficulty.  So either way, if you want the planes, you need to pay.

This is a free to play game, making the top prizes available for free through easier missions or less cost to purchase doesn't help the company at all.  It might attract some players to start with, but isn't sustainable overall as there will never be any goals to work towards, nothing you would ever have to work hard to unlock, no satisfaction.

kidflash113 #34 Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:29 PM

Master Sergeant

• 419 battles

Fair enough yea I played back in 2013 then moved on just came back of course just in time to miss the Albion event and giveaways LOL

Cenotaph #35 Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:16 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2450 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 06 March 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

No worries mate, I have thick skin.

WG has and will hold several events for newer players.  Those events will have prizing with low/mid tier premium planes.  Yes the game is new and is growing with a low population, but imo needs to have events for everyone, not just new players.  so some events will be geared towards more skilled, or long time players, some will be geared towards newer players.

Also keep in mind since WOWP 2.0 launch, there was the initial launch event which included low, mid, and high tier bombers as prizing, also the Skies of Albion event had several prize planes through random crates that had a full range of premium plane prizing.  Not to mention the Santa bags that were put on sale, several really great premium shop deals like the Spit 1a for and XP-33(?) for $1.  And all of the premium plane giveaways since lunch with several low and mid tier premium planes.  There has been plenty for new players to take advantage of.

My basic point is, A high tier Premium plane, requires work and skill and time to achieve, or else it loses its value if they just give it away.  If people don't have the skill, or the time, or they don't want to put in the effort, they are free to purchase the planes if they want.  Pricing is higher compared to the rest of the premium tier 8 planes, but it is their initial release, and is in line with the mission difficulty.  So either way, if you want the planes, you need to pay.

This is a free to play game, making the top prizes available for free through easier missions or less cost to purchase doesn't help the company at all.  It might attract some players to start with, but isn't sustainable overall as there will never be any goals to work towards, nothing you would ever have to work hard to unlock, no satisfaction.

Oh ffs dude... This is all you needed to say in the first place.

My entire issue has been with your "Everyone can do it" attitude... I never had an issue with events being hard, and if not for your brazen callousness, we could have moved on to discussing if perhaps a more low-key event with tier 6's might not be a better fit at this time... or some other random minutia.

I just won't tolerate being handed a lump of crap and being told it's a cup-cake.

Can't resist pointing out that the bomber event was not geared towards new players... wait, let me change that to "highly favoring established players".

Because unless you were lucky, you were going to need tokens, and to get tokens, you need a tier 8... or two, perhaps more.

That, in my opinion, is bad game design... making people rush up to tiers they aren't ready for with the hopes of a reward, to the detriment of everyone else on their team.

I found it very distasteful at the time, and still do... I don't want to be forced to be the type of player that I personally find annoying, it's makes me feel like a hypocrite.

I know, it's nothing new for WG... but that doesn't mean I have to take it quietly.

This event is geared for established players, those missions... require a significant hanger, and a solid grasp on the game in all it's aspects to be even remotely considered doable without Certs.

Promoting it as "something for everyone" is not only disingenuous, but dangerous... regardless if it's WG doing it, or a community vet.

Making the entire population feel obligated to play planes they aren't comfortable in, in a mode that was never really tested, and having requirements on the missions that will make many take a fairly passive involvement in battle for fear of dying, is bad for everyone... we should be able to agree on that.

MARS_REVENANT #36 Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:20 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3550 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostCenotaph, on 06 March 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

Oh ffs dude... This is all you needed to say in the first place.

My entire issue has been with your "Everyone can do it" attitude... I never had an issue with events being hard, and if not for your brazen callousness, we could have moved on to discussing if perhaps a more low-key event with tier 6's might not be a better fit at this time... or some other random minutia.

I just won't tolerate being handed a lump of crap and being told it's a cup-cake.

Can't resist pointing out that the bomber event was not geared towards new players... wait, let me change that to "highly favoring established players".

Because unless you were lucky, you were going to need tokens, and to get tokens, you need a tier 8... or two, perhaps more.

That, in my opinion, is bad game design... making people rush up to tiers they aren't ready for with the hopes of a reward, to the detriment of everyone else on their team.

I found it very distasteful at the time, and still do... I don't want to be forced to be the type of player that I personally find annoying, it's makes me feel like a hypocrite.

I know, it's nothing new for WG... but that doesn't mean I have to take it quietly.

This event is geared for established players, those missions... require a significant hanger, and a solid grasp on the game in all it's aspects to be even remotely considered doable without Certs.

Promoting it as "something for everyone" is not only disingenuous, but dangerous... regardless if it's WG doing it, or a community vet.

Making the entire population feel obligated to play planes they aren't comfortable in, in a mode that was never really tested, and having requirements on the missions that will make many take a fairly passive involvement in battle for fear of dying, is bad for everyone... we should be able to agree on that.

Everyone can do it, I have never wavered from that.  "Geared towards more skilled or long time players" does not exclude anyone.  Anyone that wants to put in the time and effort can get these done.

Cenotaph #37 Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:21 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2450 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 06 March 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

Everyone can do it, I have never wavered from that.  "Geared towards more skilled or long time players" does not exclude anyone.  Anyone that wants to put in the time and effort can get these done.

Or perhaps we can't... righto, you keep living in the clouds then.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #38 Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 06 March 2018 - 01:00 AM, said:

well, all I've got to say is... that it was an impressive use of a horribly underused word...

dickery,

Apparently the mods disagreed.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

MARS_REVENANT #39 Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:55 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3550 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostCenotaph, on 06 March 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

Or perhaps we can't... righto, you keep living in the clouds then.

"Can't", and "not willing to" are 2 different things.

GiN_nTonic #40 Posted 06 March 2018 - 09:22 PM

Captain

• 226 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Can't you finish part of the campaign and then purchase the certificates you are deficient by?  This would get you tier 8 prem for a very good price.  WG is a business...they aren't here to provide free stuff.

Also tagged with Event, Task, Mission, Token, Certificate, Requirements, Reward, Premium, tier VIII, Planes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users