Wargaming - Too much **** in your content; please be honestly objective and rethink it.

Event Task Mission Token Certificate Requirements Reward Premium tier VIII Planes

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #1 Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

No matter how good an idea may seem in theory under whichever method is used to think content up for your titles, too often in practice y'all are just torquing off far too many folks.

I knew I wasn't going to be able to complete all of the additional tasks to get the Dornier Pfeil as a reward; however, there was some amount I'd have been willing to pay as the event drew to a close for uncompleted tasks.

But, of course and as per usual, the company yet again chose to take the silliest approach and threw up even more hurdles for those non-elites wanting to obtain these tier VIII premium planes.

See, with regular Conquest matches during the week I could've met the requirements for most of the additional tasks not specific to either the far too quick Invasion or upcoming Attrition mode battles.

But of course, whether because of being collectively shortsighted or simply choke to death yet don't stop gobbling it down greedy, no task period can be earned save during event weekends.

Nor is that fact, much any information really, specifically mentioned anywhere in all of your ''blurbs''.

Well, all I can say is, way to go Wargaming.

Y'all were already not going to get any $$$$ for premium time that'd just be wasted on the next five weekends, but now the company is also out what I would've been willing to part with for the Dornier.

Some money from more people is a whole helluva lot better than none from fewer, and it mystifies me that WG repeatedly demonstrates a worrying lack of understanding about this basic concept.

tl;dr -

Poor Business Practice 101

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 05 March 2018 - 11:58 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:52 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3550 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Here is where you are totally out of bounds.

Look in your Tech Tree or Premium Shop.  Do you see all the tier 8 Premium planes there?  Those are for sale for $ or for gold which costs $.

Now WG is releasing 2 new Tier 8 Premium Planes.  They could have just put them int the Tech Tree or Premium Shop for $ like the rest of them.  In fact if you want them that bad you can pay about $80 for 216 certificates that will unlock both planes for you.  Note the cost of all of the other Tier 8 premium planes.  RB-17 $70, IL-10M $69, J8M $69, 109 TL $64, and they are offering you 2 brand new never before released planes for $40 each, which is about the cost of the tier 7 premium planes.

On top of that, they are currently running an event which allows you to reduce the number of certificates you would need to purchase, or, if you put the time and effort in, earn 2 Tier 8 Premium Planes for Free.

So... Mr. Poor Business Practice 101 - How much better would you like WG to make this deal for you?  Last time I checked, businesses don't make $ by giving away stuff for free.

My advice, stop believing you are entitled to something, and either pay for it, or go put in the work to earn it.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 05 March 2018 - 11:52 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #3 Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:39 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

First off, why don't you go and check my hangar for the premium planes I've purchased outright, saved up gold to get, free XP'ed pilot skills for if not entire aircraft, or earned via campaigns because I wanted to fly them.

Then go to Warships and check out my port as well, for the premium vessels I've purchased outright, saved up gold to get, free XP'ed captain skills for if not entire ships, or earned via campaigns because I wanted to sail them.

Just because folks can't play a game at your level with your time put into it, nor own every single tech tree/reward/premium vehicle, doesn't equate to you having the right to talk down to anyone raising a point of contention.

And that you personally may end up being able to earn the plane(s), or any vehicle in any of the WG titles, means exactly jack all; multiplayer game, remember? No other players, no multiplayer game.

Second, these aircraft are not ''$40 USD'', they are $64 each.

Only with completing most tasks (where possible) would it be anywhere near the figure you quote - nor has WG pricing for their premiums ever reflected how good any vehicle actually performs.

Most are niche at best, even for a once in a while ''just because'' self-handicap match; fact is more often than not the premiums aren't worth the real money and folks're better off with something from the tech tree.

Simply put, these planes are once again not going to be worth either the cost or difficulty in obtaining them; people don't want to spend a fortune or grind endlessly for yet another hangar queen vehicle.

If I could realistically expect to complete more of the missions I would, nor is my time or willingness to play all weekend long for the next five weekends any less limited than others.

But as is with the restrictions WG deliberately included the asking price for a fun looking and historical yet potentially marginal plane is going to end up being more than I am willing to spend in time as well as money.

That is income lost to the company, directly because of decisions they chose to make; I want to give them money, but neither am I willing (or able) to go all hog wild 24/7 just because they put their hand out.

Xmas before last I easily spent probably around $100 USD or more buying gift boxes for myself and folks I played with, winning something like eight ships, and I was entirely satisfied with the outcome for the outlay.

I bought just a few (the middle package IIRC, 10 or 15) grab bags and only for Warplanes this past Xmas instead of both games, but again I was entirely satisfied with the outcome for the outlay.

Third, did you see me (or others elsewhere) asking to get either for free? - try stepping back until you aren't so triggered and then reread my post (and others elsewhere) to maybe get the point of what we're trying to say.

Likewise, the event itself is obviously generating its fair share of vocal backlash on the NA server, and that grumbling isn't going to die down anytime soon no matter how much you might wish it to.

If your hang up with this is planes ending up in the hands of the ''unworthy'' who can't play well, let alone at tier VIII.... I've got bad news for you; as you pointed out WG doesn't care or limit who buys their premium vehicles.

WG likes just fine that folks rush to buy something like the tier VIII cruiser Atago and spam hundreds of games trying to learn how to play, all the while dropping more cash on doubloons & credits because they lose so badly.

That it absolutely sucks to have that person on a team obviously doesn't matter a whit to the powers that be, and from a business standpoint probably shouldn't, yet they're the ones that have to decide where to draw the line.

Instead however WG's practices in lieu of rationality serve only to further divide the ofttimes shrinking and constantly churning playerbases of their titles, too often driving off those who previously were willing to support them.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 06 March 2018 - 07:16 AM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

ArrowZ_ #4 Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:38 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 947 battles

Eh, I went through the same [edited]in 1.x (and like everyone else who stuck around) and are used to these "bullyish" business practices by WG. What usually happens is the small devoted ones push through the perceived "impossible" mission objectives and purchase certificates for the last few missions that are just a chore to keep repeating. And as you can already tell some have already spent nearly $100, maybe even more, just for the XF15C and the Dornier Do 335. That's profit in WG's eyes and to them that's all they really care about. Do casual gamers suffer? Ofcourse they do. That part is obvious. The difference back in 1.x is there weren't enough people that cared because many have already left when this crap was happening so... WG was basically free to do w/e they liked and not give a damn.

What gets me is EVERYTIME they release something big, be it a content update, event, month long grind missions, SOMETHING has to break. Or bugs just happen to sprout OUT OF NOWHERE. It's like the developers want their patches to fail... lol

Idk what to tell you really. The poor execution of this patch with more bug ridden crap that will more likely take weeks to fix... this is what killed WOWP 1.X. History may repeat itself if WG doesn't act accordingly.

My 2 cents. Back to scrubbin' it up in my bombers heh...

Edited by ArrowZ_, 06 March 2018 - 01:39 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

mnbv_fockewulfe #5 Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:13 AM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Eh, I wouldn't mind the impossible missions if I could work at them all week instead of being forced to give up my life for weekends at a time for pixelated planes.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

ArrowZ_ #6 Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:15 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 947 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 06 March 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

Eh, I wouldn't mind the impossible missions if I could work at them all week instead of being forced to give up my life for weekends at a time for pixelated planes.

True. I'm one of the small few who works on weekends so it sucks not being able to participate the most part of this event. Though from what I gather with last weekend's event results, I didn't really miss much lol...

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

pyantoryng #7 Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:56 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1494 battles

There was this thing called War Cache in the times long gone by...the ultimate reward had always come by this way...Chain Lightning, I-180-3 plus the bonus equipments, VB-10, enough tokens for TWO T8 premium (or one and the rest into the Wheel of Fortune; I'll bet nobody will complain if it's the Wheel of Fortune, at least not as much as this time)...

In truth, this time there is only 18 days to do it, and the timeframe is even more strict that it used to be due to mode-specific mission and said mode only appearing on specific weeks...giving a long 9 weekend days for Phase 2 and 3 at most, if you miss all the invasion stuff the past weekend then you have 6 days total remaining to finish both sides.

This artificial difficulty fiasco stuff is not new...gold is probably the next best thing you can get if you can't get the planes...and yes, the only thing that is new is the game breaking down with the implementation of events...that hardly happened before 2.0.

Edited by pyantoryng, 06 March 2018 - 02:57 AM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #8 Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:00 AM

Captain

• 559 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

well, all I've got to say is... that it was an impressive use of a horribly underused word...

dickery,

hmmm

Shakespeare's King Lear... no?

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Spyshadow01 #9 Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:03 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1355 battles

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 05 March 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

If your hang up with this is planes ending up in the hands of the ''unworthy''

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 05 March 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

So... Mr. Poor Business Practice 101 - How much better would you like WG to make this deal for you?  Last time I checked, businesses don't make $ by giving away stuff for free.

My advice, stop believing you are entitled to something, and either pay for it, or go put in the work to earn it.

hmmmm, don't think this is his "hang up."

Edited by Spyshadow01, 06 March 2018 - 04:04 AM.

kidflash113 #10 Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:13 AM

Master Sergeant

• 419 battles

All i gotta say is thank God WOWP doesn't have XVM like WOT does because the flaming over your under 50% stats is epic and with all the defeats i have had this weekend event my % went from 52% down to 46%

As for the event Mars seems to be the only one hawking it on the forums and how us mere mortals just need to stop complaining.

El_Mulo #11 Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7690 battles
And the Employee of the Month is......
What we say to death?

Bobby_Tables #12 Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2945 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postkidflash113, on 05 March 2018 - 10:13 PM, said:

All i gotta say is thank God WOWP doesn't have XVM like WOT does because the flaming over your under 50% stats is epic and with all the defeats i have had this weekend event my % went from 52% down to 46%

As for the event Mars seems to be the only one hawking it on the forums and how us mere mortals just need to stop complaining.

Actually, I started a thread as a big fanboi of the event:  http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/52142-i-actually-am-enjoying-westwall-a-lot/page__fromsearch__1

So I guess some of use aside from MARS like the event as well.  Then again, I am a crusty/salty/oldschool 1.x playa so take my opinion with a grain heaping tablespoon of salt.  

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #13 Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:01 AM

Captain

• 559 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBobby_Tables, on 05 March 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

Actually, I started a thread as a big fanboi of the event:  http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/52142-i-actually-am-enjoying-westwall-a-lot/page__fromsearch__1

So I guess some of use aside from MARS like the event as well.  Then again, I am a crusty/salty/oldschool 1.x playa so take my opinion with a grain heaping tablespoon of salt.  

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

MelBrooks #14 Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 11 battles
Hang on Bobby, I’ll run down to the bank and get a couple hundred in singles for ya:hiding:

Bobby_Tables #15 Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2945 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostMelBrooks, on 05 March 2018 - 11:05 PM, said:

Hang on Bobby, I’ll run down to the bank and get a couple hundred in singles for ya:hiding:

A couple?  A stack of Benjamins be more to my liking.  Thanks though to you and Ace for replying to me.  Means that I am still loved and that doesn't suck ya know?

BTW:  Mel, you've been on the forums a lot.  If you are not playing under an Alt, you should.  My consipiracy theory is that the "6 battle 3NIC" is more a badge of honor and does not represent actual involvement.  I could be wrong, but I'm not.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 06 March 2018 - 05:38 AM.

Cenotaph #16 Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:09 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2450 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostBobby_Tables, on 06 March 2018 - 04:29 AM, said:

That not totally true, and you know it... look at that thread, nearly everyone says they don't mind INVASION, but think the missions are total crap.

The only person I see stroking WG's missions is MARS... and he's done so to the point that his credibility is suffering, just look at all the people thinking he's full of it in this very thread.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you.

MARS_REVENANT #17 Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:16 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3550 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 05 March 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

First off, why don't you go and check my hangar for the premium planes I've purchased outright, saved up gold to get, free XP'ed pilot skills for if not entire aircraft, or earned via campaigns because I wanted to fly them.

Then go to Warships and check out my port as well, for the premium vessels I've purchased outright, saved up gold to get, free XP'ed captain skills for if not entire ships, or earned via campaigns because I wanted to sail them.

Sorry, but this is irrelevant to your first post, and really irrelevant altogether, unless your point is that because you have other premiums, you should somehow get a better deal on these ones... Maybe a discount for repeat customers?

Just because folks can't play a game at your level with your time put into it, nor own every single tech tree/reward/premium vehicle, doesn't equate to you having the right to talk down to anyone raising a point of contention.

Who am I talking down to?  Being realistic isn't rude, I don't coddle people, and that is okay.

And that you personally may end up being able to earn the plane(s), or any vehicle in any of the WG titles, means exactly jack all; multiplayer game, remember? No other players, no multiplayer game.

Second, these aircraft are not ''$40 USD'', they are $64 each.

That was a miscalculation on my part, looks like they will be 216 certificates each, so about $80 each.

Only with completing most tasks (where possible) would it be anywhere near the figure you quote - nor has WG pricing for their premiums ever reflected how good any vehicle actually performs.

Most simply aren't worth it, even for a once in a while ''just because'' self-handicap match; fact is more often than not the premiums simply aren't worth the real money and folks're better off with something from the tech tree.

Simply put, these planes are once again not going to be worth either the cost or difficulty in obtaining them; people don't want to spend a fortune or grind endlessly for yet another hangar queen vehicle.

This is literally the same thing everyone says every time one of these events/missions come out. "they are not worth the $ or gring"... SOUR GRAPES

If I could realistically expect to complete more of the missions I would, nor is my time or willingness to play all weekend long for the next five weekends any less limited than others.

But as is with the limitations WG deliberately included the asking price for a fun looking and historical yet marginal plane is going to end up being more than I am willing to spend in time as well as money.

Its not marginal, they are both good... but again, sour grapes.

That is income lost to the company, directly because of decisions they chose to make; I want to give them money, but neither am I willing (or able) to go all hog wild 24/7 just because they put their hand out.

I don't understand what you are saying, if you want to give them money, give them the money?  Are you saying you want the planes for less money?  You cant go into a Ferrari dealership and expect to pay for a Chevy.  They make the prices, you don't want to pay the price?  that's up to you.

Xmas before last I easily spent probably around $100 USD or more buying gift boxes for myself and folks I played with, winning something like eight ships, and I was entirely satisfied with the outcome for the outlay.

I bought just a few (the middle package IIRC, 10 or 15) grab bags and only for Warplanes this past Xmas instead of both games, but again I was entirely satisfied with the outcome for the outlay.

Awesome... happy you were satisfied.  Not sure what that has to do with anything... but... great news none the less.

Third, did you see me (or others elsewhere) asking to get either for free? - try stepping back until you aren't so triggered and then reread my post (and others elsewhere) to maybe get the point of what we're trying to say.

What is your point exactly, because I responded to your OP... this is your second long winded post about how everything is terrible, but you haven't said specifically what is wrong, or how it should be fixed.  You went on and on about hurdles(what hurdles, just pay full price and you get them) and then about if you could play all week you could have got them (well yeah... if people could play a lot longer I'm sure everyone would have got them)

Likewise, the event itself is obviously generating its fair share of vocal backlash on the NA server, and that grumbling isn't going to die down anytime soon no matter how much you might wish it to.

People will always complain more than they will praise, that is human nature.  Also, the forum population makes up a tiny population of the gamers... so yes there are a lot of people on the forums complaining, but that does not make up the majority of the people in the game.

If your hang up with this is planes ending up in the hands of the ''unworthy'' who can't play well, let alone at tier VIII.... I've got bad news for you; as you pointed out WG doesn't care or limit who buys their premium vehicles.

Don't really care is someone buys it, the more the merrier, those guys are supporting the game I play.  Also the missions are attainable for those that try for them and have the time for them.

WG likes just fine that folks rush to buy something like the tier VIII cruiser Atago and spam hundreds of games trying to learn how to play, all the while dropping more cash on doubloons & credits because they lose so badly. KK

That it absolutely sucks to have that person on a team obviously doesn't matter a whit to the powers that be, and from a business standpoint probably shouldn't, yet they're the ones that have to decide where to draw the line.

Instead however WG's practices in lieu of rationality serve only to further divide the ofttimes shrinking and constantly churning playerbases of their titles, too often driving off those who previously were willing to support them.

This last bit just completely lost me

Bud... what is it that you are looking for?  Can you describe it simply in 2 sentences?  Like, "I want the certificates to be cheaper, or I want there to be less missions, or mare days to play."

All you have done is go on and on about how terrible the company, the event , and even the planes are.  Seriously if you cant afford them, or don't want to pay for them, that is up to you.  WG sets the price, I'm sure they'll go on sale if they don't sell enough.  The missions are attainable in the time frame, that is just a plain fact.  How do I know? Because I have done them, and so have others.  The amount of missions and time is adequate for 2 tier 8 planes, that is based on 4 years of play and participating in every event there has been since official release.

You don't get free planes for not being able to participate and complete the missions, and you don't get to dictate how much something should cost.  That is just the way it is.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

MARS_REVENANT #18 Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:20 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3550 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostCenotaph, on 06 March 2018 - 02:09 AM, said:

That not totally true, and you know it... look at that thread, nearly everyone says they don't mind INVASION, but think the missions are total crap.

The only person I see stroking WG's missions is MARS... and he's done so to the point that his credibility is suffering, just look at all the people thinking he's full of it in this very thread.

Oh no... some random person on line posted that my credibility is suffering.... I have failed in life

SpiritFoxMY #19 Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2170 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Actually, I'm pretty ok with the missions personally.

I'm kinda kicking myself for jumping the gun and buying 216 passes straight off the bat: I was expecting to have to grind a lot AND barely have enough passes to get the Pfeil - after all, money-grubbing Wargaming, right? Apparently that bought me the whole plane so now I'm going for both the Pfeil and the Sky Shark at a leisurely pace.

The caveat, of course, is that I'm basically sealclubbing at tier 9 (apparently that's a thing) with a plane that makes accomplishing the rocket mission child's play. I have a premium account so I'm making silver hand over fist to boot so I can run Universal and a fistful of consumables.

The missions are seem reasonable for people who have the planes to farm them and I assume that's mostly who they're aimed at.

I think the backlash is really the result of unclear requirements, overhype and the unrealistic expectations that came from that. They should have been up front about the mission requirements and offered more lucrative rewards for lower tier players (more silver, free XP, premium consumables and equipment) 

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 06 March 2018 - 07:37 AM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Cenotaph #20 Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:38 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2450 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 06 March 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

Oh no... some random person on line posted that my credibility is suffering.... I have failed in life

Glad to see you admit to something, it's a start... recognizing you're a failure is the first step to change.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you.

Also tagged with Event, Task, Mission, Token, Certificate, Requirements, Reward, Premium, tier VIII, Planes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users