Is there a way to not play the new mode?

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

MARS_REVENANT #21 Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:12 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostTheMadPizzler, on 05 March 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

Mania... it's a thing :)

So is entitlement.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

TheMadPizzler #22 Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:14 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2311 battles
Apologist, accepted!   

MARS_REVENANT #23 Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:18 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostTheMadPizzler, on 05 March 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

Apologist, accepted!   

You know an argument is lost when all someone has left is turning to insults and deflection.  Thanks, I knew I was right.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

TheMadPizzler #24 Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2311 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 05 March 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

You know an argument is lost when all someone has left is turning to insults and deflection.  Thanks, I knew I was right.

;p The argument had no value when you stated you believed the majority of players would achieve all major and sub objectives.  That's when I realized you were an apologist without merit.   So, take it as an insult if you wish, it was meant more as a real description. 

Wombatmetal #25 Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1141 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostTheMadPizzler, on 05 March 2018 - 11:01 AM, said:

LOL.. looking at the general chatter here, the EU forums, and Reddit, I'm quite confident that a majority of players don't think this new mode is a success.   If you also think a majority of the player base will complete all missions and sub-missions in order to receive the 2 tier 8 premiums...... hahahaha... yeah.    I'll just leave it there.

We have no idea what the majority thinks. Anecdotally, the event is popular because there are more players online than normal.

None of us can speak for the majority in any case. We can only speak for ourselves.

I don't mind the event overall. Sure my WR is taking a hit, but it got artificially inflated in Albion so that's not a concern. My gripe is economics; the matches are so short I have to play premiums and use standard to slow the loss per game

TheMadPizzler #26 Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2311 battles
Ultimately, we will learn the success or failure of the event after it concludes.  Until then, I'm happy being in the 'it's a failure' camp. (which is sad, the reason I'm vocal about this failure is because I WANT a good event and I WANT WoWP to become an A+ game)

Edited by TheMadPizzler, 05 March 2018 - 07:33 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #27 Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:36 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostTheMadPizzler, on 05 March 2018 - 02:22 PM, said:

;p The argument had no value when you stated you believed the majority of players would achieve all major and sub objectives.  That's when I realized you were an apologist without merit.   So, take it as an insult if you wish, it was meant more as a real description. 

All one has to do to determine merit is look at ones past posts.  I'm pretty sure, that when laid out on the table, my merit is bigger.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 05 March 2018 - 07:37 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #28 Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 05 March 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

We have no idea what the majority thinks. Anecdotally, the event is popular because there are more players online than normal.

None of us can speak for the majority in any case. We can only speak for ourselves.

I don't mind the event overall. Sure my WR is taking a hit, but it got artificially inflated in Albion so that's not a concern. My gripe is economics; the matches are so short I have to play premiums and use standard to slow the loss per game

This is true, but even with a basic understanding of human nature, you would know that people would rather complain than give praise.  

TheMadPizzler #29 Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:41 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2311 battles
lol...   I give up.  I can't debate with someone who derives their self-value and perceived importance based on the volume of posts they generate.  

MARS_REVENANT #30 Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:51 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostTheMadPizzler, on 05 March 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

lol...   I give up.  I can't debate with someone who derives their self-value and perceived importance based on the volume of posts they generate.  

Not volume, quality.  All of your posts are complaining about something or another.

MelBrooks #31 Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles
Hey, at least you guys received a new mode to play, granted the general consensus seems to be poor execution, nonetheless they tried something. All we ever received were false promises followed up again by, poor execution.

Edited by MelBrooks, 05 March 2018 - 07:57 PM.

trikke #32 Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:02 PM

Captain

• 4109 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i'm fine with not winning any premium planes...  the conquest game is enough fun by itself, and i do love those longer battles

but i enjoy watching that spawn meter going down in the new mode

i really think that should be imported into conquest, instead of the bogus squall line 'feature'

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

ChiefGunner73 #33 Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:06 PM

Airman Basic

• 1171 battles
  • [USNGM] USNGM
why do trolls always use someone else's post to show their immaturity. I asked a simple question and get these guys arguing over who can piss the farthest on a monitor. Keyboard tough guys are a joke.

Cenotaph #34 Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 05 March 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

Speak for yourself.  I think the majority is actually going to complete the missions and receive 2 Teir 8 Premium planes

MARS, the more you post... the more I think you are a troll, a shill, or a delusional nut-job. (Or just a contrarian, that gets off on disagreeing with people regardless of topic or personal opinion... guess troll covers that tho)

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 05 March 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

You must be playing the wrong planes... because my experience with Invasion was win city.

On the subject of economics we are totally in agreement... EXP is massively high, credits are pitifully low.

Edited by Cenotaph, 05 March 2018 - 08:17 PM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Reitousair #35 Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:45 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 12012 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Well, to try and get this thread that is quickly derailing back on track.

Playing tiers 1-3 on weekends if I really hated Invasion that much is a bit of a bummer, I'd almost say Albion had it a bit better with periods of time in which the event is taking place (albeit 3 hours was hardly anything and the missions would be quite difficult to do with only 8-12 hours a day being hours to do them unless you got everything PERFECT).

However, alas, Monday has come as of time when I'm posting this, and it's back to purely Conquest at all tiers, while it is a shame to not be able to hit my targets I set on the weekend, we have the week to unwind and prepare to sample Attrition and see if that mode fares better than Invasion.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

MARS_REVENANT #36 Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:46 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostCenotaph, on 05 March 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

Oh, really... ?

Say, tell me MARS... how did you do those missions that can only be done in ATTRITION mode when we haven't even had it yet?

Oh, damn son... you played yourself.

I completed all the missions that are available to complete.  Attrition is next weekend.

Wombatmetal #37 Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1141 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 05 March 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

What goal post did I move? and where did I side step?  The same missions are available for everyone, and the same deadlines as well.  I completed the available missions before the deadline.

You want screen shots?  OK... I'll do that later tonight.  Not sure what place you want to be put in.  Are you trying to call me a liar?

FYI, its simple math.  I completed Stage 1 and 2 in 1 weekend, and there are 3 weekends to complete Invasion Missions (1/3).  Therefore if people have 1/3 the skill, or 1/3 the time, they can complete it too.  If they have 1/3 the skill AND 1/3 the time... they can purchase certificates.

Just point him to your streams, let him go through them

Catch21 #38 Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4718 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 05 March 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

Speak for yourself.  I think the majority is actually going to complete the missions and receive 2 Tier 8 Premium planes.

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 05 March 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

Fact - Missions are easy, and those who TRY to complete them, WILL complete them.  I stand by my statement. How do I know this?  Because I have completed them, and there are still 5 weekends to go.  So if anyone has 1/3 the skill I have, or 1/3 the time, it can be done.  Time to zip it and get to work.

Wow, didn't realize this. I mean, I know I'm a pretty shoddy pilot, but I had no idea the gulf between me and the norm was such a chasm.

I tried, even- sigh, sob- doing double duty in my Spitfire IX to try to get the 90K XP to buy the XIV at a discount in the UK March of Nations event as well- not the machine I would have naturally chosen for Westwall.

I'm going to watch your Twitch streams as you suggest (didn't have time this weekend unfortunately) to try and figure out what I'm doing wrong, and if I can't I'll turn in my goggles and scarf and go drive a boat or a tank.

Cenotaph #39 Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostCatch21, on 05 March 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

I tried, even- sigh, sob- doing double duty in my Spitfire IX to try to get the 90K XP to buy the XIV at a discount in the UK March of Nations event as well- not the machine I would have naturally chosen for Westwall.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a jerk... but I bought, then flew the IX on Friday and Saturday, and got my XIV in record time with this event.

Yesterday, I flew the XIV mostly... Avg exp per sortie (not battle) was 2500, lost credits on alot of wins.

The new mode isn't really the issue by itself, it's the interaction of the mode + the missions... everything gets pear shaped there.

Like having to kill ADA and ground targets without dying on Attack... pretty much impossible unless you fly top meta planes and have a flight mate watching your [edited] the whole time, perhaps even a friend or two counting in as well... Not to mention the effect of making people try to avoid participating, so they get a reward.

Edited by Cenotaph, 05 March 2018 - 09:59 PM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #40 Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:56 PM

Major

• 1429 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCatch21, on 05 March 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

Wow, didn't realize this. I mean, I know I'm a pretty shoddy pilot, but I had no idea the gulf between me and the norm was such a chasm.

I'm going to watch your Twitch streams as you suggest (didn't have time this weekend unfortunately) to try and figure out what I'm doing wrong, and if I can't I'll turn in my goggles and scarf and go drive a boat or a tank.

I use excessive use of alcohol as a built in excuse, often...

I also have a few others such as (but in no particular order):

I'm drunk

my ping is horrible

battery on my mouse just went dead

Damn, another WG crash to desktop

wife is downloading a movie... bad lag

cat jumped on my keyboard

dog farted and smelling the place up

very important phone call, I gotta get this

oh, I don't really care... it's just a game

I'm drunk

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users