Is there a way to not play the new mode?

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Blast_Radius1 #121 Posted 09 March 2018 - 03:01 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1325 battles

View PostBobby_Tables, on 09 March 2018 - 01:03 AM, said:

If you have the Beaufighter, it loads up plenty of rockets and is good at taking out the lesser bombers and GAs.  The range on the rockets is approx 1000 meters give or take.  But, you are better of coming in under the bomber, get behind, and line up your wings with theirs and let loose from close in.  The A-26B spews lead like a maniac, so that one is more difficult but still doable when you come in from underneath.  And, you don't have to hamper your team.  Defending captured sectors from bombers is totally legit.  And it does not take you out of the battle.  It can actually teach you boom and zoom techniques because after the bomber is dead, you have all that altitude.  Use it to your advantage and keel mor planez.  

This.

iikiibuu #122 Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:38 AM

Senior Airman

• 786 battles
  • [-GCR-] -GCR-

View PostRico_CotC_, on 08 March 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

If you like I can give you some hints/tips and suggested planes you can aim for that will make life easier for the rocket kills?

I will say one particular trick that will help you get rocket kills without worrying too much about aiming is, when firing rockets at a gaa, instead of trying to actually hit it from behind, go from above/behind and aim the rockets so that they explode on impact with the floor as they are about to fly over it. The blast radius from most rockets will either knock most health off, or if you've softened him up, will greatly increase your chance of getting the kill. Once you get a feeling of how fast rockets travel and their ranges etc you can then try to judge where they will explode from longer ranges. 

CorvusCorvax #123 Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:22 PM

Major

• 4875 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postiikiibuu, on 09 March 2018 - 08:38 AM, said:

If you like I can give you some hints/tips and suggested planes you can aim for that will make life easier for the rocket kills?

I will say one particular trick that will help you get rocket kills without worrying too much about aiming is, when firing rockets at a gaa, instead of trying to actually hit it from behind, go from above/behind and aim the rockets so that they explode on impact with the floor as they are about to fly over it. The blast radius from most rockets will either knock most health off, or if you've softened him up, will greatly increase your chance of getting the kill. Once you get a feeling of how fast rockets travel and their ranges etc you can then try to judge where they will explode from longer ranges. 

So, you're saying I have to practice?  That it's not merely an intuitive skill that pilots have?

Crazy.  ;)

CorvusCorvax #124 Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:28 PM

Major

• 4875 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostBobby_Tables, on 09 March 2018 - 01:03 AM, said:

If you have the Beaufighter, it loads up plenty of rockets and is good at taking out the lesser bombers and GAs.  The range on the rockets is approx 1000 meters give or take.  But, you are better of coming in under the bomber, get behind, and line up your wings with theirs and let loose from close in.  The A-26B spews lead like a maniac, so that one is more difficult but still doable when you come in from underneath.  And, you don't have to hamper your team.  Defending captured sectors from bombers is totally legit.  And it does not take you out of the battle.  It can actually teach you boom and zoom techniques because after the bomber is dead, you have all that altitude.  Use it to your advantage and keel mor planez.  

I don't have the Beau.  I do have the Me-410 and the P-38F.  With rockets.  The zero deflection shots, on bomber flights, is dead easy.  But these missions don't have bomber flights.  So practicing deflection shots will be required.  Yes, I have killed A-26s with a light fighter before, so I know how to fight them.  With lead.  With rockets is something new, which I have not had much success with so far.

MARS_REVENANT #125 Posted 09 March 2018 - 06:12 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5728 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostRico_CotC_, on 09 March 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

I don't have the Beau.  I do have the Me-410 and the P-38F.  With rockets.  The zero deflection shots, on bomber flights, is dead easy.  But these missions don't have bomber flights.  So practicing deflection shots will be required.  Yes, I have killed A-26s with a light fighter before, so I know how to fight them.  With lead.  With rockets is something new, which I have not had much success with so far.

The missions dont have bomber flights?  Yes they do, you need to be on Defending side.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

CorvusCorvax #126 Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:11 PM

Major

• 4875 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 09 March 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

The missions dont have bomber flights?  Yes they do, you need to be on Defending side.

I have not been in a single match where a command center dispatches a bomber flight.  You know, the bot bombers?  A gaggle of five, that fly in a dead-straight line to their target?  Never seen one in Westwall.

MARS_REVENANT_1 #127 Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:20 PM

Airman Basic

• 143 battles

View PostRico_CotC_, on 09 March 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

I have not been in a single match where a command center dispatches a bomber flight.  You know, the bot bombers?  A gaggle of five, that fly in a dead-straight line to their target?  Never seen one in Westwall.

I've seen it multiple times when the attacking team captures the command center.  It does exist.  The regular bombers and GA are really good targets ads well.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT_1, 09 March 2018 - 07:21 PM.

CorvusCorvax #128 Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:59 PM

Major

• 4875 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostMARS_REVENANT_1, on 09 March 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

I've seen it multiple times when the attacking team captures the command center.  It does exist.  The regular bombers and GA are really good targets ads well.

I will keep my eyes open for the bot bombers in Westwall.  Yes, the regular bombers and GAA are also good targets, but so far, I have not had much success with rockets on those targets.  And not for lack of trying.  For anyone to suggest its "easy" is stupid.  It isn't.  It takes practice, and the knowledge of how to set up the attack.  Even if you have the hints in how to set up the attack, it still isn't easy.  Because guess what - I already knew it had to be a near-zero deflection shot for a chance at success.  Those hints, while helpful, aren't all there is to this.  And that still leaves out that there a limited number of aircraft for which this mission can even be accomplished.  If you don't have those aircraft, it's hard to practice the skill, right?  So, no, its not easy.  Can be done, yes.  Easy, no.

Edited by Rico_CotC_, 09 March 2018 - 07:59 PM.

MARS_REVENANT_1 #129 Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:08 PM

Airman Basic

• 143 battles

View PostRico_CotC_, on 09 March 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

I will keep my eyes open for the bot bombers in Westwall.  Yes, the regular bombers and GAA are also good targets, but so far, I have not had much success with rockets on those targets.  And not for lack of trying.  For anyone to suggest its "easy" is stupid.  It isn't.  It takes practice, and the knowledge of how to set up the attack.  Even if you have the hints in how to set up the attack, it still isn't easy.  Because guess what - I already knew it had to be a near-zero deflection shot for a chance at success.  Those hints, while helpful, aren't all there is to this.  And that still leaves out that there a limited number of aircraft for which this mission can even be accomplished.  If you don't have those aircraft, it's hard to practice the skill, right?  So, no, its not easy.  Can be done, yes.  Easy, no.

The trick is to hit them with guns first till they are bout 10% HP left.  That way even the slightest rocket damage will cause the destruction.

CorvusCorvax #130 Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:12 PM

Major

• 4875 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostMARS_REVENANT_1, on 09 March 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

The trick is to hit them with guns first till they are bout 10% HP left.  That way even the slightest rocket damage will cause the destruction.

No, it isn't.  The trick is to actually get a hit with a rocket to begin with.  The Me-410 is a bomber-killer without much equal at-tier.  I can kill a whole flight of bombers by myself in one pass.  But oddly, getting hits with rockets is surprisingly hard.  With the same aircraft.  It's not easy.  I will figure it out, for sure.  But no, coming on here and claiming the mission requirements are easy is the height of arrogance.

MARS_REVENANT #131 Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:16 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5728 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostRico_CotC_, on 09 March 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

No, it isn't.  The trick is to actually get a hit with a rocket to begin with.  The Me-410 is a bomber-killer without much equal at-tier.  I can kill a whole flight of bombers by myself in one pass.  But oddly, getting hits with rockets is surprisingly hard.  With the same aircraft.  It's not easy.  I will figure it out, for sure.  But no, coming on here and claiming the mission requirements are easy is the height of arrogance.

I agree the 410 would be perfect for that mission.  Let me know how it goes and if you come up with any tips for completing the mission.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users