So how do you WIN this Westwall thing?

Westwall

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Cloud_1 #21 Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:48 PM

Senior Airman

• 1190 battles

View PostWorland, on 05 March 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

You try your best and you fail miserably. Lesson is.... never try.

Wow isn't this what they are teaching kids in schools today?

Cloud_1 #22 Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:50 PM

Senior Airman

• 1190 battles

In other news,

Seems like the team play thing is the only way to go, but then some of the missions in of themselves counter mine the entire team effort thing....Thanks WG!

Respectfully

Cloud_1

AmericanKestrel #23 Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1724 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View Postmfor4x4, on 04 March 2018 - 02:17 AM, said:

Not sure Westwall is winnable, I'm stuck on Air Defense Penetration, pretty tough to complete the mission when I am on the defending side pretty much every time. Have to say for my first time posting on these forums about this poorly thought out mission by WG convinces me to not spend any actual cash on this game.

The games are set up so the first few missions are "easy".  Then they become harder to the point that you really can't do them unless you "buy" your way to the next mission.  Almost like a bait and switch.  All a money making scheme...

How many of you can do 3 - 4 rocket kills in a single game AND win ! to get to the next level?

AmericanKestrel #24 Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1724 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View PostArrowZ_, on 04 March 2018 - 04:09 AM, said:

1. Stop dying because of limited respawns or "sorties" and the fact that they are SHARED throughout your team

2. Gang up on lone enemy whatever be it GA, Bombers, LFs etc.

3. Don't go alone

4. Keep an eye on the map at all times due to people ninja'ing caps

5. Don't chase zooming planes, return to the sector always

6. Kill those GAs for cap points! They're clear fodder for invasion - poor GAs ;(

7. Clear tails!

If you're attacking:

7. Spread out in groups, make sure atleast a GA or a bomber is with you

8. Ninja dem caps! Take a lowbie sector like garrisons while the enemy is busy at that stronghold or airstrip (there's a pattern there) for the extra time bump

9. Numbers 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 from top apply here too

10. Regroup - don't go rushing in one by one (gotta watch dat map yo) - this will help against a strong defending team

11. Take opportunities - they will present themselves in the match when you observe the map (just press TAB - i know its painful but its the only way to see "everything") like low health sectors, or a few blue teammates in one sector enough to capture it, or if the majority of the enemy force is leaving that one sector all by its lonesome defenseless... etc.

All that in just under 20 battles :B

Lol I kid. One thing is for certain though. The defending team has it easy because they need not worry about taking sectors and only kill planes. The attacking side however... they have it rough. But granted I have seen attacking teams turn it around with some good grouping tactics (they don't even realize they're doing it too but I see it happening in the map) and ninja'ing the right sectors at the right time. Not sure how much time you get boosted for taking out sectors but I have seen +90 when a stronghold is being taken. Not sure about the others.

Hope that helps. I may make a video about this in the later weeks just to explain its quirks. It may help some out. Or not. We'll see.

Now if only everyone would read this and the humans actually did this, it might work.  But, there are too many "hotshot' fighter pilots out there who know how to play this game better . . .

Also tagged with Westwall

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users