How the hell do airfield repairs work?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

I_QQ_4_U #1 Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2111 battles

This is one aspect of the game that completely baffles me. I never seem to be able to get repaired when I actually need it yet other times when I barely have any damage I repair immediately. I've read that only one plane can be repaired at a time but I've been over a base when there are no other planes near it other than the defense planes, no enemies are even near it, nobody has even attacked it for some time and I have not been in combat for a long time yet I orbit over it for ages and nothing, not even a red wrench. Then other times there are other planes over it, even enemy planes and I repair right away.

It really pisses me off when I fly to one after the squall line is up to repair and orbiting it waiting for reapairs then nothing happens and I end up losing because I don't have enough health to carry the game and I wasted time that I could have used trying to win.

pyantoryng #2 Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:47 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3205 battles

You sure the repair pad had grown back?

You sure you are in the repair pad's range? It's pretty short.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

I_QQ_4_U #3 Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2111 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 02 March 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

You sure the repair pad had grown back?

You sure you are in the repair pad's range? It's pretty short.

They need to grow back? How do you tell if they have or not, there's a wrench on the base icon, I assumed that meant it would repair you. I was directly above the base, right in the center, I even drop down to ground level to see if that makes a difference. I've been repaired when leaving a base so the area can't be that small.

hawkeyededic #4 Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:56 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 962 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

First the sector can not be locked, so if there is a padlock on the sectors icon when you enter it you will not be repaired.

Second you can not be under attack or attacking anyone, this means if you have taken damage or just fired your guns you can not repair.

third is a friendly player or bot already in the area being repaired? Only 1 plane at a time can be repaired.

Fourth you have to be low, under 2000m I usually drop down to 500ft or less, and  fly right towards and over the repair area on the air field. It will have a big blue square with a wrench in the center of it.

That is all there is to it really.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

MARS_REVENANT #5 Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:33 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5743 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Here is the Developers Blog that explains everything.

http://blog.worldofw...ics-20-repairs/

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

I_QQ_4_U #6 Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2111 battles

View Posthawkeyededic, on 02 March 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

First the sector can not be locked, so if there is a padlock on the sectors icon when you enter it you will not be repaired.

Second you can not be under attack or attacking anyone, this means if you have taken damage or just fired your guns you can not repair.

third is a friendly player or bot already in the area being repaired? Only 1 plane at a time can be repaired.

Fourth you have to be low, under 2000m I usually drop down to 500ft or less, and  fly right towards and over the repair area on the air field. It will have a big blue square with a wrench in the center of it.

Like I said none of those things apply. In the last two cases the base had been ours for some time, no enemy planes or friendly planes were near it other than defense fighters, I had flown out of my way to get repaired and had not been in combat fort some time, I've dropped right down to ground level and nothing, wasn't over 1000 to begin with.

Sassover #7 Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles

View Posthawkeyededic, on 02 March 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

I think you left out a few:

-If you're playing on a Thursday after 2PM EST, you must fly inverted to repair.

-If you are flying a Russian aircraft on the NA server during the 4th of July, you cannot repair.

-If you're account was created after 2.0 dropped, you can repair only if you type into the chat: "Get Airborne Again".

-If you are age 12 and under, you cannot repair, ever.

-If you are on the RU server and a Dev is on the other team, you cannot repair. Same goes for the NA server, but they are never there, so don't worry about it.

-If you live in a "Red" state, you can repair only on M-W-F during normal business hours.

-If you live in a "Blue" state, you can only repair on election days during the times that the polls are still open.

-if you have played fewer than 1000 games since 2.0 dropped, you can only repair if you are a alpha/beta tester or a "Community Ace".

Those are some of the big ones, but there are many more. Please feel free to add any you think I should have included. For the complete list of rules & restrictions involving repairs, contact WGNA/GetAirborneAgain.

I_QQ_4_U #8 Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2111 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 02 March 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

Here is the Developers Blog that explains everything.

http://blog.worldofw...ics-20-repairs/

It doesn't explain anything since all those conditions were met and still no repairs. The bases were controlled by our team, had been the whole game, I hadn't fired my guns or taken damage in at least 30 seconds, there where no enemy aircraft near the base, in one case I knew where the remaining enemies all were(on the other side of the map) but they don't specify what the range is 'determined by the battle level'. For all I know that means at the end of the battle if there's any enemies alive you can't repair.

All I know for sure is that in two battles today I tried to repair at base we owned, the wrench was showing on the base icon, I had not been in combat for a long time, there were no friendly aircraft at the base(in one case I was the last one left), there were no enemy aircraft spotted anywhere near it and in one case I know where the last 5 enemies were and they were no where near the base. Not even a red wrench showed up as I orbited the base directly over the center and at low altitude and that happens even when in combat with multiple friendly and enemy planes over the base. Both times it was near the end of the game though, thought maybe repairs got turned off at that point.

Edited by I_QQ_4_U, 02 March 2018 - 06:50 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #9 Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:01 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5743 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Repairs don't get turned off.  Has this happened on other days? or just today?  I know some wacky stuff was happening the other night when the game was about to be updated.  Maybe today something is up due to the event starting.

Any chance you can provide a video?  Replays are not possible, but you can use something like OBS to record your game play and post it to YouTube.

The repairs always seemed to work for me.  Are you sure you are within the 750m requirement of the wrench icon,  and the repair facility within the airfield?

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

LMG #10 Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

To get repaired, you have to fly within about 500 meters of the repair building, not just from the Airbase itself. If there is a wrench icon in the minimap, the repair building is still standing. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for it to respawn. It won't repair you if you've fired your gun or taken damage recently. It also has a restriction when enemies are nearby, but the range on that is extremely generous. If you see a small wrench next to your aircraft, wait for it to turn blue and you'll be repaired

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

trikke #11 Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:55 PM

Major

• 5226 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

the 'shape' of the repair airspace has been described as either a dome, or as a column... so who really knows

if you see a red wrench next to your hitpoints, you won't get repaired until a particular game mechanic changes, like enemy in the immediate airfield area leaves or dies

if you don't see a blue wrench next to your hitpoints even if there's nobody else around, you'll never get repaired at all, or unless that repair facility gets itself repaired in time

and some airfields just ain't got no repair facilities, to make it even more ridiculously ridiculous

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

LMG #12 Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View Posttrikke, on 02 March 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

the 'shape' of the repair airspace has been described as either a dome, or as a column... so who really knows

if you see a red wrench next to your hitpoints, you won't get repaired until a particular game mechanic changes, like enemy in the immediate airfield area leaves or dies

if you don't see a blue wrench next to your hitpoints even if there's nobody else around, you'll never get repaired at all, or unless that repair facility gets itself repaired in time

and some airfields just ain't got no repair facilities, to make it even more ridiculously ridiculous

There are two known types of airfields. Forward Airstrips just work as spawn points. Airbases are the ones that can repair, reduce spawn timer and allow aircraft switching mid-battle. There is supposed to be a third type that works like Airbases but without the aircraft switching, but no one has seen it

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Worland #13 Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:26 PM

Master Sergeant

• 436 battles
I've found I have to fly directly over the repair building below 500M. Just have to get into that little 500M bubble.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users