Jump to content


Total aircraft repairs - do away with re-spawning.


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Leo_1408 #1 Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:53 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 1228 battles
  • 8
  • [FALCO] FALCO
  • Member since:
    10-28-2016
Have a home airfield, where automatic landing is provided (enter an ILS glidepath) and once on the ground aircraft can be totally repaired. Make it heavily defended with CAP and AA installations. This will make it worthwhile to break off combat to get back to your home airbase - but if you die in the attempt - you stay dead. It will add a new challenge to the game, and involve strategy and skill to stay alive, but do away with the unrealistic automatic re-spawning.

WolfWiz #2 Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:00 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1419 battles
  • 60
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012
Better than the current magical respawn... me myself I prefer Kill them all :)

KloudRains #3 Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:48 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3273 battles
  • 113
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    06-14-2014
Seems this will eat much time. We have some aspect of this now with the repair function at some airfields, for friendly aircraft in proximity. Unless I already am close to being overhead that airfield it is rare to fly over to get repaired - too much time consumed.

Bubba_Zanetti #4 Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:55 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1271 battles
  • 1,648
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostKloudRains, on 02 March 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

Seems this will eat much time. We have some aspect of this now with the repair function at some airfields, for friendly aircraft in proximity. Unless I already am close to being overhead that airfield it is rare to fly over to get repaired - too much time consumed.

 

Kloud gets it...why are people trying to ADD time to each session.  This isn't WOT or WOWS.  This game was a rush when it was 15v15 quick furballs, back to hangar and click battle for the next quick battle (depending on queue population).  I just don't get you 2.0 bot loving, ground pounding fans.  Play a sim if you want that much immersion.


clodhoppr #5 Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:49 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 862 battles
  • 414
  • [SF] SF
  • Member since:
    02-13-2013

Has anyone notice bots flying over repair, airfields? Or do they just finish getting destroyed and then instantly spawn at the starting point?

Has anyone notice if bots choose to spawn at an ally airfield rather than the start point?

Regardless, bots should have to take as much time re-spawning/repairing as players...


Edited by clodhoppr, 02 March 2018 - 04:54 PM.


MelBrooks #6 Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:58 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7 battles
  • 1,344
  • Member since:
    01-18-2014
I have nothing to say on this topic, only Wolf has a great Avatar.

LMG #7 Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1402 battles
  • 1,050
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postclodhoppr, on 02 March 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

Has anyone notice bots flying over repair, airfields? Or do they just finish getting destroyed and then instantly spawn at the starting point?

Has anyone notice if bots choose to spawn at an ally airfield rather than the start point?

Regardless, bots should have to take as much time re-spawning/repairing as players...

 

As of the latest update, it seems bots do use Airfields. However, bots also seem to be getting "stuck" inside sectors again, which makes me think the AI kinda derps a bit and either makes it target an already dead enemy, or makes them think they're part of the Defense Aircraft group of that sector :sceptic:


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Zigfreid #8 Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4485 battles
  • 1,397
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    07-31-2013

View PostMelBrooks, on 02 March 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

I have nothing to say on this topic, only Wolf has a great Avatar.

 

Looks like she is happy to see you Mel

comtedumas #9 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:37 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3856 battles
  • 681
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016

View PostLeo_1408, on 02 March 2018 - 02:53 AM, said:

Have a home airfield, where automatic landing is provided (enter an ILS glidepath) and once on the ground aircraft can be totally repaired. Make it heavily defended with CAP and AA installations. This will make it worthwhile to break off combat to get back to your home airbase - but if you die in the attempt - you stay dead. It will add a new challenge to the game, and involve strategy and skill to stay alive, but do away with the unrealistic automatic re-spawning.

 

so, War Thunder....

Mojoe_Bailey #10 Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:30 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 948 battles
  • 26
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    02-03-2018
I have nothing against respawns. I like respawning because it gives me a chance to correct my mistakes. Nobody wants a short and easy game. Not enough credits and xp in a short game. It would be a waste of time for both sides, win or lose. What I do object to though is the sheer volume of bot aircraft that appear out of nowhere and swarm you after you've been killing wave after wave of them, and they keep coming! THAT needs to stop. I believe bots should have limited respawns, not human players though. Fix it so bots don't just respawn at super fast rates. Even just putting a time limit on them. Like if they have gotten killed so much by me, there should be a time penalty of at least a minute where they cannot respawn. Why? Because they don't deserve to come back that fast. I've had games where I scored over 20,000 personal points and lost because my bots went nowhere and their bots kept coming back. LOL




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users