Update 2.0.4 Official Feedback Thread

2.0.4 Update Feedback

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll: 2.0.4 Features (80 members have cast votes)

How do you like the balance changes introduced in this update?

1. These changes are great and needed! (14 votes [17.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.50%

2. These changes are OK but do not affect my experience (19 votes [23.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.75%

3. I don't like these changes (28 votes [35.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

4. Can't really tell (19 votes [23.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.75%

Do you like the new game locations?

1. The new game locations are awesome! (26 votes [32.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.50%

2. The new game locations are OK (37 votes [46.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.25%

3. I don't like the new game locations (17 votes [21.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.25%

Do you like the new improved Bot behavior?

1. These changes are good! They perform better! (11 votes [13.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.75%

2. They seemed improved, but still could use some work (21 votes [26.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.25%

3. I can't tell any difference from before (24 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

4. They have gotten worse. (24 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Do you like the "Invasion" game mode?

1. It is a great mode and really fun to play! (12 votes [15.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

2. It is OK, I still prefer Conquest Mode and/or the other mode. (20 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. I do not like this game mode. (48 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Do you like the "Attrition" game mode?

1. It is a great mode and really fun to play! (22 votes [27.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.50%

2. It is OK, I still prefer Conquest Mode and/or the other mode. (22 votes [27.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.50%

3. I do not like this game mode. (36 votes [45.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

MBT808 #61 Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:44 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1353 battles
  • [BB-C4] BB-C4

View Posttrikke, on 07 March 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

absolutely this^^

and you're about to sway me on the team respawns vs assigned respawns...  really, who am i to say that i deserved one of those respawns, that was used up by a potato

having been in a big bunch of battles up to this point, i should realize that i'm more valuable if i had stayed alive and not counted on any respawns being available...   

no mo yolo for me! 

players should be prioritized for respawns over AI(say if a player and AI go down at the same time and there’s only one respawm left).

hootie274 #62 Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:07 PM

Airman Basic

• 13 battles

I feel if there are gonna keep respawns it should be by individual respawn points for each player depending on their individual performance. Each time a player needs to respawn the respawn points are higher than the last and if they accumulated enough points they get to respawn, so if a player dies quickly they may not be able to respawn if they haven't done anything......

poppavein #63 Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3189 battles
  • Attrition: March 24 at 11:00 PT (14:00 ET) – March 26 at 12:00 PT (15:00 ET)
  • Attrition: April 7 at 11:00 PT (14:00 ET) – April 9 at 12:00 PT (15:00 ET)

Looks like the West Coast starts a couple hours before the East Coast!

Seriously, why do you have such a hard time getting the start/end times correct?

trikke #64 Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3064 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Posthootie274, on 08 March 2018 - 10:07 AM, said:

I feel if there are gonna keep respawns it should be by individual respawn points for each player depending on their individual performance. Each time a player needs to respawn the respawn points are higher than the last and if they accumulated enough points they get to respawn, so if a player dies quickly they may not be able to respawn if they haven't done anything......

oh yes, individually earned respawn points make great sense to me

i've flip flopped back from team respawn to this....    sorry, D

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

SpiritFoxMY #65 Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4305 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Posthootie274, on 08 March 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

Aaand when WoWp bugs out and respawns you straight into a mountain (personal experience btw)? I didnt do anything so... no respawn for me?

I feel that performance based respawns are theoratically  a good idea but in practice you run into the issue of defining "performance". Are air kills more valuable than ground kills? GAAs and bombers need respawns the most. Follow a person's CP? Running from cap to cap firefighting and capturing is as valuable if not more so than sitting and spinning in one place but the capper will always get fewer CP than the spinner. Mastery points? The way these work people would just farm Mastery points then suicide at the slightest provocation, respawn and do it again.

I hated War Thunder's point respawn system as it means one unlucky move early on ends the game for you... and the whole idea of respawns is to lower the difficulty for newer players and give them a chance to learn. If they get ganked in the first ten seconds... no respawn, no learning, just the frustration of losing early and sitting out the rest of the match.

And you can bet headhunting will spike with a vengeance - kill the human before he can accumulate enough points for a respawn and then just farm wins on bots.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Blast_Radius1 #66 Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1325 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 09 March 2018 - 01:36 AM, said:

Aaand when WoWp bugs out and respawns you straight into a mountain (personal experience btw)? I didnt do anything so... no respawn for me?

I feel that performance based respawns are theoratically  a good idea but in practice you run into the issue of defining "performance". Are air kills more valuable than ground kills? GAAs and bombers need respawns the most. Follow a person's CP? Running from cap to cap firefighting and capturing is as valuable if not more so than sitting and spinning in one place but the capper will always get fewer CP than the spinner. Mastery points? The way these work people would just farm Mastery points then suicide at the slightest provocation, respawn and do it again.

I hated War Thunder's point respawn system as it means one unlucky move early on ends the game for you... and the whole idea of respawns is to lower the difficulty for newer players and give them a chance to learn. If they get ganked in the first ten seconds... no respawn, no learning, just the frustration of losing early and sitting out the rest of the match.

And you can bet headhunting will spike with a vengeance - kill the human before he can accumulate enough points for a respawn and then just farm wins on bots.

We play this game despite the fact that they beat us with sticks. Point based respawns looks very stick-like to me. Please do not give them yet another stick.

SgtSchlautter #67 Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:02 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5303 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

The bot behavior does seem different, but i wouldn't say that it is 'improved.' I have noticed either all the bots still going to the same objective repeatedly (notably into the center objectives) or spread out so drastically that they are useless (as in, bots are only useful when they are together. Therefore, when they get split up, then they become no threat at all). Furthermore, the bots hit WAY harder... but only against human players. This is really annoying because the bots are still useless at shooting down bomber formations. Sometimes you will have like 5 or so planes all shooting bombers the entire way to the bombers target and not a single bomber goes down. However, if I come over to a group of 5 bots, they will shoot me down almost instantly. I have also noticed air defense heavies are quite harder to take down solo. This is largely in part to the fact that as soon as you start to dodge a ram from one heavy and start to flip around, the other heavy is ready to start pounding you. This causes you to have to dodge that heavy and then the first heavy u dodged is now ready to shoot you. This is kind of an endless cycle now making it much harder to take sectors solo unless you can get the jump on one of the heavies before the other heavy has a chance to get on your tail. These changes are not too bad because it forces players to work together a little more and makes it harder to solo things, but being a player who enjoyed being able to have a great deal of impact on the battle by taking sectors solo, it is a little frustrating now. Especially since the bots still can't deal with those bomber formations. I don't mind harder bots, what I do mind is that the behavior of bots at sectors is changed. Bots are most effective when together, so splitting them up is a very bad idea. Also, the top tier bots are just stupid. I hate them so much. The top tier bots are so hard hitting and so aggressive that doing anything is near impossible unless you are fighting a lone target. 

One other thing, the invasion mode is absolutely broken. I want to start with the mm. When I am flighted up with humans players who have a mod that lets them know who is a human and who is a bot, more often than not, the human players get dumped at bottom tier with top tier bots. And even this is broken as the top tier bots are not just like one or 2 per team, but rather 11 out of the 13 are top tier. I've had so many battles in a flight where we get dumped on the bottom. This mm is just broken. Make the bots more enjoyable to face, don't make bots harder by just dumping humans on the bottom all the time. I thought maybe this was an overall change to the mm, but when the invasion mode ended, the mm for conquest seemed unaffected. Most battles in conquest involve one or two top tier planes and all the rest are bottom tier. This mm is SOOOO much more enjoyable for both those who get lucky every now and again and get top tier as well as those who get bottom tier. The mode itself though is really bad as there is one settup where I have only seen the attacking team win once (the one with the command center) and I've played for a LONG time this past weekend. Furthermore, having 5 GA planes and 3 bombers on the attacking team is a fair bit excessive. There is just not enough fighters to deal with the enemy fighters. The defending team is so much more enjoyable to play and it just seems unbalanced.

One final passing mention, I don't like how the bots are far more challenging when in a flight. IF this isn't the case, well it sure feels like it. I can be playing and doing quite well solo and getting a lot of wins without hating the bots too much, but as soon as I get in a flight, it becomes dang near impossible to win. I've had it where I've done 20k combat points and my flight did 15k combat points and still lost. It made no sense to me as we were not just focusing on planes (this is in the conquest mode btw) but we focused on capping points. Every time we took a sector, the bots would take it back from us before we reached another sector. The bots should be no different in a flight than solo. I understand this is your way of combating the power of flights, but it is just wrong. I would suggest implementing some sort of skill based mm, but I know most people don't like that idea. So honestly, just don't have different bots depending on whether you are in a flight or not. It just seems wrong. One last passing mention, someone told me that certain bots in a battle may be regular bots while other bots in the same battle may be 'veteran' bots and this just seems wrong. Your 'veteran' bots just target humans the whole game and that is it. I don't know anyone who would consider that fun. Fix the ramming issue too plz. I don't like having to dodge literally every plane that I come across. I know bots are too dumb to kill me the regular way, but it doesn't mean just program them to ram to make them harder. That is just silly. In some cases it makes sense, but there is just too much intentional ramming that it is just immensely frustrating 

Needless to say, I much preferred the bots from the previous patch as well as the mm (I am also just not even going to mention the Westwall event because I feel my opinion is shared quite convincingly by the rest of the community)

hootie274 #68 Posted 09 March 2018 - 03:51 PM

Airman Basic

• 13 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 09 March 2018 - 01:36 AM, said:

war thunder has wot and wowp beat with its arcade and realistic battle modes especially in the aircraft department. their tank modeling is not that all that.... wot and wowp only has graphics. 

now you are right about the dying and/or ganking quickly to some degree as far as for the respawn points which is only in tank realistic battle in war thunder. its was a suggestion since so many complain about potatoes and tomatoes.... wowp can adopt the 3 respawn limit for each player like in war thunder aircraft arcade battle mode then...

Edited by hootie274, 09 March 2018 - 03:54 PM.

sandtiger #69 Posted 09 March 2018 - 06:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 19492 battles
how can you vote on this. i have not played the other game type yet. it starts this weekend an people have already voted when they have not played it yet. i do not like the new bots they seem to not be working right  at tier 7 and up when you only have 1v1 match the bots seem to be running around like some who dose not know how to play yet.  the other set of bots seem to be just attacking every thing .. like i had one match where all the enemy  attack fighters where attacking the plant and it was just a no stop wave of bots i could not shoot them down fast enough and none of my bot came to help keep it ...it was not a fun game at all . but other then these few things i like this game .

sandtiger #70 Posted 09 March 2018 - 06:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 19492 battles

also played war thunder and i think that game sucks . that my opinion of it they copy wot s idea and  because of that i well never play it again i well sick with war gaming.  i have had many hour of fun with this game and i like all of there games for planes,tanks , warships .

LMG #71 Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

Well, what I feared turned out to be mostly true. GAA players in Attrition are pretty much at the mercy of Bots and Fighter players. You can capture as many sectors as you want, if your team can't kill it's for nothing. It does seem that the fighter players might be having a blast though :sceptic:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SpiritFoxMY #72 Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:35 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4305 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostLMG, on 10 March 2018 - 05:31 AM, said:

Well, what I feared turned out to be mostly true. GAA players in Attrition are pretty much at the mercy of Bots and Fighter players. You can capture as many sectors as you want, if your team can't kill it's for nothing. It does seem that the fighter players might be having a blast though :sceptic:

I'm mostly wishing my GAA bots could capture sectors because its quite difficult to overcome a x5 death multiplier.

LMG #73 Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 10 March 2018 - 12:35 AM, said:

I'm mostly wishing my GAA bots could capture sectors because its quite difficult to overcome a x5 death multiplier.

It's an odd compromise where fighters kinda need GAAs to capture stuff and the GAAs rely on the fighters killing stuff. However, I don't think I've seen a standard game where the GAA's efforts were what won the match, though I might have missed something :unsure:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

sandtiger #74 Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 19492 battles

i do not like these new game mods there full of bugs like right now i can switch planes i cant see the even it just make me more and more  feeling like leave it it is to buggy

SpiritFoxMY #75 Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4305 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostLMG, on 10 March 2018 - 05:50 AM, said:

It's an odd compromise where fighters kinda need GAAs to capture stuff and the GAAs rely on the fighters killing stuff. However, I don't think I've seen a standard game where the GAA's efforts were what won the match, though I might have missed something :unsure:

My first game was a GAA win - both our teams were matching each other kill for kill but our GAAs just went around capping to the point we were still more or less trading kill for kill, but it was on a 3:1 Attrition in our favor. 

I'll state it right here: can we get rid of the "Special" caps plz? All those caps that shoot rockets or summon bombers. I really, really, really dislike them even on attrition.

Spaz_Master #76 Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:36 PM

Airman Basic

• 8 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
You can't polish a turd. Go back to 1.9.

Edgecase #77 Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:03 PM

Airman Basic

• 524 battles

No idea if this is the right place for this feedback, but I've given up on this game for at least the next month because of the way the missions are set up for this patch.

• Can't be done on weekdays
  • If it's the wrong alternate weekend, I can't do them
  • If I get put on the wrong team in Invasion, I can't do them
  • Since GAA can only go on the attacking team and MM seems to want to balance the number of human players, I get stuck in ground attack aircraft with worthless bots as my escort
  • Game wants to sell me expensive tokens that let me bypass content so I can ???

All = big fat no.

trikke #78 Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3064 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Bell XP-77: the damage model has been updated, and the chance of damage to the engine has been reduced.
  • Chance-Vought XF4U-1: the damage model has been updated.

in previous dev-speak patch notes, what has the phrase 'updated damage model' historically really meant?...   

buffed?   nerfed?     damage it takes?   damage it delivers (probably not this)?     what would 'updated' even mean?

the phrase 'chance of xp-77 engine damage has been reduced' seems specific enough and important enough to mention, for some reason 

long ago, i had the 77 briefly, but dumped it in the landfill immediately, but i've purchased the xf4u-1 since this patch and like it enough to fly it semi-regularly 

have others seen 'damage model changes' in the xf4u-1?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Billy_The_Butcher #79 Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:47 PM

Master Sergeant

• 226 battles
  • [T_R_U] T_R_U

I hope you don't give up on ANY of these modes, at least not until you get feedback AFTER   those silly missions are over.

Missions historically have made players think and act differently in all WG games.

So lets give the new modes a chance WITHOUT the missions to distract players into being out for themselves only.

Thanks

mav214 #80 Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 416 battles
Came back to try this mode......will continue to fly it too ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users