Update 2.0.4 Official Feedback Thread

2.0.4 Update Feedback

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll: 2.0.4 Features (78 members have cast votes)

How do you like the balance changes introduced in this update?

1. These changes are great and needed! (14 votes [17.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

2. These changes are OK but do not affect my experience (19 votes [24.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.36%

3. I don't like these changes (26 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. Can't really tell (19 votes [24.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.36%

Do you like the new game locations?

1. The new game locations are awesome! (26 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. The new game locations are OK (35 votes [44.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.87%

3. I don't like the new game locations (17 votes [21.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.79%

Do you like the new improved Bot behavior?

1. These changes are good! They perform better! (11 votes [14.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.10%

2. They seemed improved, but still could use some work (21 votes [26.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.92%

3. I can't tell any difference from before (23 votes [29.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.49%

4. They have gotten worse. (23 votes [29.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.49%

Do you like the "Invasion" game mode?

1. It is a great mode and really fun to play! (12 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. It is OK, I still prefer Conquest Mode and/or the other mode. (20 votes [25.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.64%

3. I do not like this game mode. (46 votes [58.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.97%

Do you like the "Attrition" game mode?

1. It is a great mode and really fun to play! (21 votes [26.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.92%

2. It is OK, I still prefer Conquest Mode and/or the other mode. (22 votes [28.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.21%

3. I do not like this game mode. (35 votes [44.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Lt_Huber #41 Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:02 PM

Senior Airman

• 735 battles
  • [RUEN] RUEN

I can't express properly how much I hate the new game modes/event. I don't care about the mission grind or the premium planes. If WG wants to give out free planes I have no problem with them making us work for it, that's their prerogative. Dont look a gift horse in the mouth.

I hate how much this has disrupted my ability to play this game and grind through tiers. I spend about a minute in queue to play a game that literally lasts 2-4 minutes, win or lose. My biggest complaint is that im NOT getting to play the damn game. I want my old 10-20 min conquest games back. Plus its very frustrating to see my 3x weekend bonus wasted on a 2 minute victory game with no real results. 

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #42 Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 03 March 2018 - 05:16 AM, said:

I do question the balance a little since the Defenders appear favored to win so long as no one does anything blindingly stupid (like charge out and start engaging deathballs out of the defensive zone). I think the bots just work better on the defensive team.

I can see how being the Attacker can be mind-blowingly frustrating given how the bots work.

Very much so.

To be honest, while extremely irritating and more than little bit dickish, matches where the attackers got spawn camped by mass conga-lines of perusing bots and players all ended pretty fast on time-outs.

I don't think WG properly anticipated that occurring at all, but given that it happens during regular Conquest they should've planned for it and made some kind of sanctuary for the regular (non-capture) attacker spawn points.

View PostLt_Huber, on 04 March 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

Plus its very frustrating to see my 3x weekend bonus wasted on a 2 minute victory game with no real results. 

I completely agree; last weekend should definitely have been the 3x, having it now was a total waste.

I still had premium time until earlier this afternoon; I will not be purchasing any more, especially during weekends when these events are running - I'll do my grinding during the week when possible.

Also, WG, your poll does not allow skipping questions for things that haven't happened yet or that folks have no opinion either way.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 05 March 2018 - 01:21 AM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

LMG #43 Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 04 March 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

Very much so.

To be honest, while extremely irritating and more than little bit dickish, matches where the attackers got spawned camped by mass conga-lines of perusing bots and players all ended pretty fast on time-outs.

I don't think WG properly anticipated that occurring at all, but given that it happens during regular Conquest they should've planned for it and made some kind of sanctuary for the regular (non-capture) attacker spawn points.

That's why I've said around that the defenses of captured sectors should respawn. If not the Air Defense Aircraft at least the AA guns, just so the Defenders don't rule the sky 24/7 and the Attackers can spawn peacefully. Everyone rushes to get Airbases, just to realize they can't use them afterwards because the enemy team is there still :(

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

TheMadPizzler #44 Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:13 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2311 battles

Stage 5:   Destroy at least 25 defensive aircraft.

I just played 12 games in fighters or multi-role fighters.  All twelve of those matches were on the defensive team... Great for winning, but the really weird thing (ikr?  )... after 12 games on the defense, I've killed ZERO defensive planes.  Combine this with the outrageous and discouraging completion requirements to earn the free planes, I've decided it's best to just ignore the event entirely.   The all attack/all defend game mode is an interesting change of pace, but I would much rather it just be incorporated into random matches in the regular game.

Ultimately, the lesson I've learned here:    I have no reason to pay attention/participate in WoWP events

_Woodson_ #45 Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:31 AM

Airman Basic

• 2592 battles
  • [_R_R_] _R_R_

10 loses in a row so not happy with the new Westfall addition.

I would rather played something more like Albion than this crap

As for the changes it all seems okay except when your in a flight you used to be able to see the other persons plane before they hit battle now it shows not ready that is not very helpful

I'll be glad to play the regular game tomorrow

Somali_Pirate_Dinghy #46 Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:14 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 675 battles
  • [TWE] TWE

You took a bad game mode and made an even more miserable experience of this game. Do you all ever learn or is everyone there living in some alternate reality where making the game worse makes the development staff feel better? Christ what is the point of even saying anything when it's falling on deaf ears. Played a handful of games, your new modes are terrible. Going back to playing anything else until the next miserable patch rolls out.

I'm only here to see how many failures you can deliver before someone says enough and pulls the plug so I can celebrate with the others. 

Edited by Somali_Pirate_Dinghy, 05 March 2018 - 02:14 AM.

Wombatmetal #47 Posted 05 March 2018 - 04:39 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 754 battles

I have played the fewest games this weekend in a long, long time. The game mode is terrible. Attack and Defend are not balanced, the Defender has clear advantages. In all the games I played, I got defend once, which is my only victory all weekend.

I was consistently bottom tier.

I lost money all my games on attack.

From an in game economic standpoint I simply cannot afford to play this game mode.

I am done with it

On the other hand, the missions are pretty good.

Beckers4 #48 Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:03 PM

Airman Basic

• 1235 battles
  • [CIA] CIA
Need to do something about ramming. Regardless of who rammed both planes should die. AA seems a lot more intense was killed a few times by AA vice mixing it up with opponents. Uh,, Attrition hasn't happened yet.

Edited by Beckers4, 05 March 2018 - 02:04 PM.

Master_Cylinder #49 Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:56 AM

Master Sergeant

• 192 battles
  • [FK] FK

Ya know all the inprovements that everybody is asking for like correcting lift on a plane or fixing the air speed would be nice to  haves but what would be even better is that you fix the basice first.  This is just one of a "C-40 Load" of issues that you have failed to fix in this 2.0.what ever.   You have asked all players to give you feed back with only one restriction which is that they have at least 5 flights... ... ... well you are failing in keeping our statistics correct.  Here is someone that wanted to give you feedback yet you tell him that he has yet to fly.  Well because your stats info is incorrect Sydaya1 can not give you feedback because you say he does not have a flight in yet while he has actually put in over 189 hours and over a 1,000 flights.  Why can't you get this fixed?  How long have we been playing this new version??? and you still can't fix the basic info???  What is going on here??? Do you need help, if so we have a number of players in our clan that are data management professionals and would love to help you out.

Please fix the basics before going off trying to fix the planes or let us go back to 1.9 while you correct 2.0

PS: I have attached two pics that show you system is not working correctly.

Untitled.jpgshot_101.jpg

Sheeple_Slayer #50 Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 532 battles

View PostBeckers4, on 05 March 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

Uh,, Attrition hasn't happened yet.

And we already hate it. Cause it will be like everything else. Crap.

SpiritFoxMY #51 Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1884 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Ok, so seeing as the first weekend of Invasion and Westwall has wrapped up (and the rest of the forum has descended into flaming over the event rewards), I think I'm just going to plop all my thoughts into this thread:

Game Mode: Invasion

The Good

Anyone who's been reading my posts will know I like this game mode.

It's a nice change of pace - one of the clear differences between Invasion and Conquest is that I don't feel pulled in multiple directions and have to constantly go through the decision-making process of deciding which cap is most critical to defend. Do I defend the Rocket Base or try to capture the Airbase? Do I try to intercept the bomber formation or push to capture the enemy Command Center? Invasion has very clear schwerpunkt and there's a fluid nature to the battles as the Attacking team rolls over one cap after another. It also helps that there are very few "special" capture points, at least on the good Invasion maps - and by "special" I mean caps that ratchet up the pressure in ways that are hard to counter (bomber formations, missile strikes). Because of this, I can focus on the meat of the game - dogfighting. There's less "dead" time of people scurrying across the map to try and defend different sectors from attack. There's less frustration of losing a game just because the bots you were expecting to defend a cap suddenly decided to all suicide into the enemy's face. In invasion, you lose a cap, its done. No counterattacking, no juggling chainsaws bouncing around defensive points. Its done. The defenders get compacted as they're pushed back and the Attackers push harder against them, usually ending in one climactic battle where one side crushes the last survivors or takes the last cap. Ideally at least.

This mode also feels like it REALLY rewards staying alive. You stay alive, you're conserving resources as the fight drags on. I didn't feel like the bots were overly profligate with respawns... at least not without direct human input (in the form of enemy humans swatting bots out of the sky). No lawndart teleportation (just isn't worth it) and even killing yourself when your HP is low takes a lot of risk and calculation - are you really going to do that much better at 100% HP? What if someone dies right before you do and takes the last spawn? Personally, I've fought more battles on a single sortie than I ever have in Conquest: there just feels like there's fewer things to slowly grind you down in Invasion, compared with Conquest. Or maybe the games just end faster, before these things start becoming important. 

A special mention about the bots - I have not seen a single Attacker fly into a rock all event long. Congrats on meeting the basic requirements of airmanship, bots! 

Dogfighting skills seems to make a huge difference now - a good pilot or two can swing the battle wildly simply by mowing down the opposition so fast, they cannot make enough headway on the cap to either capture or defend it. A good pilot or two can build up such a large respawn advantage that victory becomes almost assured. At the same time, it never felt like I was unfairly being ganked by superior pilots/numbers and being constantly sent to the hanger unlike in Conquest where whole conga lines of bots would form to feast on me and consequences be damned. Overall, I never experienced many moments where I'm raging at the bots for losing the game for me - I always felt I had the agency to move the needle in a match: even the losses on the Attacking side - if I had just shot straighter or picked the Spitfire instead of the Beaufighter to kill first, I might've turned the game around. Never felt like "FREAKIN' BOTS WHY DON'T YOU DEFEND THE COMMAND CENTER INSTEAD OF MILLING AROUND USELESSLY OVER A GARRISON!?" 

The Bad

Attackers are still handicapped. I think this is as much a matter of Map as anything to do with the basic balance of the mode - specifically, the new river map with its central airbase and the black mesa map with the three Garrisons seem to actually give the Attackers a fair shake; every game I've won as an Attacker or lost as a Defender have been on those two maps; the key being that on the Mesa map, the three forward Garrisons are easy flips that immediately grant the Attacker some breathing room in the form of additional time. What's more, they can be flipped so fast, the dogfight becomes much more even much more quickly, which is bad for the Defender, especially if they don't have the wherewithal to withdraw to their next line of defense. The river estuary map has the Airbase as a pivot - seizing it gives the Attackers a vital staging point and a place to retreat to for repairs in the heart of the defender's territory. And its relatively easy to swamp early on. Other maps like Archipelago and Asian Border are too fragmented, with Airbases flanking a central Garrison; capping the Garrison buys you 90 seconds but leaves the Attackers sandwiched between two fresh forces while themselves being depleted. I haven't beat either of those maps as an Attacker.

Ground Attackers and Bombers have is really bad in this game mode. There's something to be said about the Defending team having all the fighters in the world to go hunting these lumbering behemoths. In the past, with both sides more or less equal, teams had to choose between bomber hunting or taking out enemy fighters. And since fighters capped faster, they were the bigger threat and so the bombers and attackers were mostly left alone until the fighters were quite done. Here, there're enough fighters to deal with the clouds of lumbering death while simultaneously fighting off Attacking fighters. Ground Pounders in Invasion are free kills to eat into the enemy's limited respawns. They can be surprisingly dangerous when all of them hit a target at once but because of the limitations of ground kills vs. air kills, so long as the Defenders focus down the attacking fighters during the assault, they can weather the storm. Bombers in particular are hopelessly vulnerable in this mode and need either buffs to improve effectiveness (survivability, lethality) or have ground targets rebalanced to be worth more combat, capture and mastery points than they currently are. The latter is something to consider for Ground Attackers too.

This mode is NOT newbie friendly. The limited respawns and the compacting of the battlefield means that weaker pilots will quickly get sidelined in a fight. Even worse if they're on the Attacking side which requires players of a skill level considerably exceeding that of the Defenders. So overall, the experience for those pilots is probably reeeeal [edited]. They spawn in without a clue of what they should be doing and quickly get shat on by every member of the opposing team, because they're an easy kill and an easy way to rapidly deplete the enemy's respawns. The game mode is jarring for newcomers (I had a guy load in and go "wthwhy do they control all the points?") and if they're on the Attacking team... well, they're going to get shat on. 

The Invasion meta seems to be really hard on less agile/lower endurance airplanes like the 190s, Republics and Heavy Fighters in general. Because the battles are faster paced than before AND, capture is permanent, it puts the airplanes that require considerable winding up for their success at a disadvantage. Of course, especially as a defender, lightly armed airplanes will never do either and so I do feel that the Spitfire meta is simply reinforced in this mode - fast, maneuvreable, able to take a hit and able to do the hitting itself. The only difference is in the vertical - because of all the bombers around, airplanes that can go high are valuable. The altitude advantage is also more valuable than before because of the increased focus on PvP dogfighting. Overall, planes I enjoyed all weekend: 109E, P-40, BV210, BV212.03 (this thing is hilariously OP in Invasion mode). Planes I did well in but didn't particularly enjoy: Mosquito, Spitfire IX, P-51K. Planes I hated: Fw190 A-5 (my favorite conquest plane!), Do217M (got shat on).   

Event: Westwall

The Good

I think Westwall did way, way more things right compared to Albion.

The most obvious being the removal of a frankly silly Axis vs. Allies setup. While it sounds cool on paper, the fact that there're 2 Axis nations against 5 Allied nations ought to have clued the developers to how horribly, horribly wrong things could go. Just out of sheer volume of planes, you guarantee that there would be more Allied pilots than Axis pilots. And to cap it off, Albion locked you into one faction for the duration of the event. Which meant that people couldn't use their full airplane lineup. And people quickly realized that with gifts being doubled on the winning side, it just made sense to play allies to double up their chances of drawing one of the prized early-access airplanes or the missions for a free tier 8 premium. 

Westwall drops all that. Now you can unlock either premium more or less as you want - if you're REALLY hard core, you could have both unlocked by this weekend simply be swapping between missions in BOTH reward lines. You're not locked into having to play one set of nations to unlock one of them, no. Just pick the mission you want to have active then jump into the fray. Nice and easy. No super-unbalanced 5 humans vs 1 human matchups. No "you MUST stay with one line for the duration. Just - pick what you want and have at it.

And I must mention the duration - I had issues with Albion simply because the US server is like 12 hours ahead of me or something? Albion would start at 7am +8GMT and end at 10am +8GMT.  That meant I had to haul my [edited]out of bed at about 630am on a weekend in order to...get my face stomped in repeatedly because I played Axis. Needless to say, I didn't do it a second day in a row. Towards the end of the event, I just honestly didn't really bother one way or another - at most I could catch one hour of playtime. It felt too much like work. Westwall ran a full three days. I could actually, you know, participate on my own terms. Go in when I want, play however long I wanted and just take a chill pill when I needed to.

Also, speaking of rewards, Westwall is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more generous with its mission criteria compared to Albion. To even be ELIGIBLE to try for a free premium tier 8, you had to get lucky with your daily lootboxes (a lot of people ended up with pretty-but-worthless-unless-you're-trying-to-insult-someone fireworks). Individual performance really didn't matter all that much because even if you were a badass Axis player, you'd likely end up with half the lootboxes of an Allied player anyway. Or to put it in perspective, an Allied player could sign in, fight ONE battle, and get two lootboxes per day compared to an Axis pilot who had to pull in something like 50,000 Combat Points total to actually get his second loot box.

And THEN after you won the lottery and drew the ticket to unlock your free premium, you had to THEN complete the three missions provided IN SEQUENCE. Within 24 hours. And the missions were just as hard as the ones people are complaining about right now (I clearly remember a ridiculous ground kill mission which required something of the order of 50 ground kills).  Only then you had 24 freakin' hours to complete them. I just ignored my "Free" RB-17 because stress and high BP are somewhat more costly to deal with than forking out the 60 odd dollars for a premium bomber.

The Bad

Westwall isn't perfect, of course. Far, far, far from it.

Let's be honest: while some people on this forum have been acting like entitled rectums over the two premiums, there are those with decent points about how the whole Reward thing was handled. Chief among them is that some of these missions are really only realistic for high-tier players to accomplish. While this is probably the intent all along (give these players something to aim for, absent end-game content), it does leave the rest of the hoi polloi out in the cold and disgruntled. And given the way those two premiums were hyped up, you gotta expect the disappointment to blow up, especially when you're rolling it out with a new more heavily skill-centric combat mode and attached economic tweaks that most people aren't familiar to with it. 

Personally I think this could have been avoided by clearly indicating what kind of missions would need to be accomplished to unlock those premiums. A lot of people were shocked to realize that the planes weren't going to be unlocked unless they accomplished ALL tasks, including the "Additional" tasks. As someone said; "they aren't *Additional*, they're *Mandatory* tasks". And he's right; the prize being offered isn't the PILOT, its the PLANE. "Additional" objectives sound like bonuses you can take or leave... but how can you leave them if the entire reason to shoot for these tasks is to unlock the plane... which can only be unlocked by accomplishing these tasks? 

Setting the correct expectations is something you learn really, really quickly in Marketing & Advertising and the way Westwall blew their Communications Strategy warrants at least a paragraph in the Advertiser's Hall of Shame, bordering on bait-and switching. 

And, frankly, the payout for all the sub objectives is a little miserly. At least double the silver amounts awarded guys; you could earn that same amount of silver in a single game clubbing baby seals down at tier 2 and 3. Really not worth the effort to accomplish unless you're trying for one of the premiums... so what about those who aren't in for the premiums (or don't realistically have a chance of unlocking them)? The individual goal rewards should have been a little more valuable than they currently are. 

Oh, and speaking of Baby Seals - there should have been an option for players to opt out of Invasion, IMO. People who enjoy it will still play it. People who want to grind the premiums will still play it, but those who don't want either... they have to do SOMETHING. Funneling them into their own little Conquest playground might have been a nice option to have (but is probably too complicated to program)

Overall, I thought the event was fantastic over the weekend. The mission difficulty is not insurmountable even for relatively new players like me. The new Invasion mode was fun and entertaining and a nice change of pace. And it was fun playing with so many humans in the same airspace. I'm looking forward to Attrition (I have my reservations on that one, to be honest) and maaaaybe unlocking the Pfeil this weekend.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

mnbv_fockewulfe #52 Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I would say, I like invasion mode in principle.

However the fact that it is horribly unbalanced is enough for me to severely dislike the mode in its current state.

Good in premise, bad in execution. 

p.s. I do like the idea of limited respawn but maybe it should be per person instead of per group.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

trikke #53 Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1844 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

great post, D!     and you made me look it up, dammit!

schwerpunkt   =  Schwerpunkt has been translated as centre of gravity, crucial, focal point and point of main effort. 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Wombatmetal #54 Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:02 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 754 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 06 March 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

I would say, I like invasion mode in principle.

However the fact that it is horribly unbalanced is enough for me to severely dislike the mode in its current state.

Good in premise, bad in execution. 

p.s. I do like the idea of limited respawn but maybe it should be per person instead of per group.

I'm on the fence with the limited respawn for a couple of reasons. It leads to a lot of roflstomps, and I'm not sure about the meta change it entails, which is priority target the players over the bots. Hold on to the airfield and force the team to spawn at the base spot, then camp it. Seen this a lot over the weekend.

I like it in principle, needs tweaking. 

pyantoryng #55 Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:24 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1469 battles

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 07 March 2018 - 07:02 AM, said:

I'm on the fence with the limited respawn for a couple of reasons. It leads to a lot of roflstomps, and I'm not sure about the meta change it entails, which is priority target the players over the bots. Hold on to the airfield and force the team to spawn at the base spot, then camp it. Seen this a lot over the weekend.

I like it in principle, needs tweaking. 

i.e. normal life pre 2.0...either you stomp them or they stomp you. Limited respawn might as well be no respawn?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are still things needed to be done with Invasion for sure. Giving 6 out of 12 of the attacking team GAA/bombers means that fighters playing as they were in Conquest take a lot more risks and they \die more because there are fewer to watch and clear tails (unless there are some GAA/bomber pilots that are the combative type that take the fight into the air). Does the attacking team really need 6 attack planes to take out two strongholds?

I fear that the new modes will end up like 2.0 itself...

Off topic: I turn off the attack/defense mode in WoT a short while after its introduction and never turned it on since...it had been many years now...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

hootie274 #56 Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:47 PM

Airman Basic

• 11 battles
I liked this game better when there were no bots at all. Seems war thunder has wowp beat in the aircraft department, especially with their realistic battle mode

Edited by hootie274, 07 March 2018 - 04:03 PM.

SpiritFoxMY #57 Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1884 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Posttrikke, on 07 March 2018 - 02:54 AM, said:

great post, D!     and you made me look it up, dammit!

schwerpunkt   =  Schwerpunkt has been translated as centre of gravity, crucial, focal point and point of main effort. 

Thanks M! :D

On the subject of respawns, I haven't really experienced any games where I'm fuming about wasted respawns by humans or bots so I'm quite fine with the current system. I don't really agree with the individual respawn counts - I think it assumes an almost even playing field. If one side had a single Ace and a swarm of potatoes while the other had a full lineup of decent players, I think it would result in a very dissatisfying game for everyone - the potatoes die in the first three minutes and spend the next hour crying on the forums, then the average joes trip over each other, raging at collisions and near misses, desperately trying to get a shot at that single Ace who spends the next fifteen minutes cursing out his team and wishing he could just end a game where he has no real chance of winning. 

Far better, I think, to have team respawns. Even a bunch of potatoes can get lucky and, at worst, help keep the other pilots distracted long enough for that one Ace to farm a few more kills and put a bit more of an advantage over them for the final showdown. After all, never underestimate the value of teamwork - it gives the enemy something else to shoot at.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

toshiaki_virgin #58 Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:07 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1339 battles

if defender team aim only to enemy attack aircrafts, attacker team reserve will decrease very quickly. so, attacker team is almost lose.

minimap of "Road to Rome(Offensive)" is wrong, that is alpine gambit minimap.

ground flickering in albion, alpine gambit, northern bridgehead. that is mainly occur at battlefield edge and outside.
This may be a problem with graphics card driver or DirectX.
I'm using Radeon RX 480 (driver 18.2.3).

Immediately after clicking the "battle!", switching the windows (alt + tab) will crash the game.

mouse cursor blows off to right side when "map loading",  "hangar loading after battle".

Edited by toshiaki_virgin, 07 March 2018 - 05:16 PM.

trikke #59 Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1844 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 07 March 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

Even a bunch of potatoes can get lucky and, at worst, help keep the other pilots distracted long enough for that one Ace to farm a few more kills and put a bit more of an advantage over them for the final showdown. After all, never underestimate the value of teamwork - it gives the enemy something else to shoot at.

absolutely this^^

and you're about to sway me on the team respawns vs assigned respawns...  really, who am i to say that i deserved one of those respawns, that was used up by a potato

having been in a big bunch of battles up to this point, i should realize that i'm more valuable if i had stayed alive and not counted on any respawns being available...   

no mo yolo for me! 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

MBT808 #60 Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:31 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1285 battles
  • [BB-C4] BB-C4
The first new game mode, I noticed that there’s a lot of spawn killing on either side and the defending team seem to have a significant advantage generally speaking.

Also, I think the new German heavy needs it’s armament changed to a historical loadout. From what I can tell on the warplanes website it’s listed as having 2x 15mm mg 151/15, when in really had 2x 20mm mg 151/20 from what I can find on the plan. Maybe this is a mistake/typo error, but it should be looked into.

I think the German bombers should get a buff to their defensive guns, they really are worthless. If you come under attack, more often than not your probably done. I’m not asking for the German bombers to become gunships that can look at a fighter and it disappears, but at least some extra Dps or better guns to dissuade heavies and fighters from prolonged attacks and make the bombers less vulnerable should they be attacked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users