sortie explination please

ingame sorties

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

proplure #1 Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:13 PM

Airman Basic

• 422 battles
Why is it that in some matches I am able to re-spawn multiple times, while in others I only get 1 chance.   I am quite normally in the to 5 percent, and I almost always kill several aircraft, but am unable to re-spawn in those matches????? will someone please explain the mechanics of the re-spawn.

pyantoryng #2 Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:17 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2167 battles
When the match timer is below 5 minutes you can no longer respawn...AKA "Squall Line".

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

LMG #3 Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 22 February 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

When the match timer is below 5 minutes you can no longer respawn...AKA "Squall Line".

Pretty much this. There's no limit on how many times you can respawn aside of the Squall Line. The in-game announcer always calls when the Squall line is about 45 seconds away, and does another call when it arrives, on top of a permanent notification showing on-screen for the rest of the match to let you know about it. Not the best implemented feature, but does allow for comebacks on otherwise lost matches

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

pyantoryng #4 Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:49 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2167 battles

View PostLMG, on 22 February 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

Pretty much this. There's no limit on how many times you can respawn aside of the Squall Line. The in-game announcer always calls when the Squall line is about 45 seconds away, and does another call when it arrives, on top of a permanent notification showing on-screen for the rest of the match to let you know about it. Not the best implemented feature, but does allow for comebacks on otherwise lost matches

There's a hardly noticeable notification around 7 minute (2 minute before squall line) too.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

ArrowZ_ #5 Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:42 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

I had trouble with this too with my first few 10 or so battles. It's just plain bad UI placement in the mode & is exaggerated even more if you lower/turn off the ingame sounds which include the "guy" that sounds like he's talking over the radio (he's alot more helpful now in 2.0 because he tells you what's happening in between sectors like missile attacks, bomber formations incoming, squall line warnings etc.)

Also, killing alot of enemy planes in conquest doesn't necessarily equate to you doing well in 2.0. It's more focused on how well you can capture a sector in quick succession and being able to hold it for higher influence points. You do earn more combat points & mastery for killing alot of stuff and is multiplied by quite a bit (not sure the exact multiplier tbh) when you kill enemy aircraft/defense aircraft inside sectors which is always the recommended tactic now with 2.0. But sometimes I've found in maps that has a heavy focus on military base & command centers with no middle sectors, you have to move alot from one sector to another to keep up with the constant flipping of capture points. Takes a while to get used to but once you do it starts to make more sense.

Another tip that was debunked by a player in this same thread (pyan) figured out that you gain more mastery points (the one that transfers into aircraft research exp) by dying more than once in one match. Provided you keep your similar performance of multiple kills. Allowing yourself to die 2-3 times will net you more exp in the end - honestly do now know how this works or If there's any logical sense to make out of it. But with this respawn mechanic its not that hard to plan ahead a few deaths so you can maximize your exp potentials with your kill streaks. In short - ensure you still contribute to your team and help cap sectors, shoot down aircraft, die a few times = profit. Obviously you don't want to die like 5 or 6 times. Any more and you'll be knocked out of the match too long due to the increased respawn timer the more you die.

Anyway hope that helps. My advice is keep playing & observe the pros & cons of this mode. I guarantee you will find some interesting things and some not so interesting things - like how silly these bots behave outside of player's control to command them.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

comtedumas #6 Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6887 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostLMG, on 22 February 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

well, there isn’t a hard limit, but there is a limit based on match length, and time required to respawn, putting the max at about 4. 

Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users