rebalance buff firepower

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Pogo68 #21 Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostFIight, on 22 February 2018 - 01:13 AM, said:

It makes more sense, and is also more realistic. For 2 equal-level pilots the rule is once you got hit, you are dead. Watch mini-map to

prepare for his attack and do violent scissor and rolls to screw his aiming. 

Not really.

IRL unless you actually hit something important, planes can keep flying.

Aircraft with radial engines (P-47, Wildcats, Corsairs, Beaufighters, FW-190A) will survive damage to their engines that would kill the engine of an inline engine aircraft like the P-38, P-51, Me-109, Fw-190D's, Spitfires, Yak's and Hurricanes.

One P-47 had an FW-190 empty it's machine guns into it and it just kept chugging along.

Post WW2 MiG-15's survived having their engines hit repeatedly and the plane would smoke stream un-burned fuel and the pilot would land back at his base.

After a new engine and repair work, the plane would be up and flying again.

But that same damage will kill an Me-262 or F-86,F-94 and any other jet that had the same engine layout.

Even the uber fragile Zero's could take hits and survive.

Sakai's Zero was hit repeatedly and he still managed to fly over 1,000km, almost four hours, before landing at Rabaul.

Aircraft with radial engines (P-47, Wildcats, Corsairs, Beaufighters, FW-190A) will survive damage to their engines that would kill the engine of an inline engine aircraft like the P-38, P-51, Me-109, Fw-190D's, Spitfires, Yak's and Hurricanes.

Edited by Pogo68, 23 February 2018 - 02:58 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

FIight #22 Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:34 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5036 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostPogo68, on 22 February 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

Not really.

IRL unless you actually hit something important, planes can keep flying.

One P-47 had an FW-190 empty it's machine guns into it and it just kept chugging along.

Post WW2 MiG-15's survived having their engines hit repeatedly and the plane would smoke stream un-burned fuel and the pilot would land back at his base.

After a new engine and repair work, the plane would be up and flying again.

But that same damage will kill an Me-262 or F-86,F-94 and any other jet that had the same engine layout.

Even the uber fragile Zero's could take hits and survive.

Sakai's Zero was hit repeatedly and he still managed to fly over 1,000km, almost four hours, before landing at Rabaul.

Some of these cases are rare, however, there is an "average" number of shells required to down certain aircraft.

Spits, Mes and mustangs are very vulnerable to cannon shells, due to their inline engine, and that is reflected in the

low hp they have. P-47 is quite tanky, and has high hp, but to survive a fire and 3 salvo of mixed 13mm and 20mm is

still quite rare. Admittedly the the air-cool engine is more survivable, but I am pretty sure mk108 can still shred p47 to

pieces in 3-4 shells. The damage caused to airplane almost raises exponentially with respect to calibre.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users