MARS_REVENANT #21 Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:03 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3949 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Postnukethefearless, on 16 February 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

wowp really has not crashed for me..and i get more frames in wowp then wt

What are your system specs?

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Pogo68 #22 Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 16 February 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

WT is unplayable for joystick users.

Which is ironic considering it's supposedly more "realistic".

Not only does it take several days to setup your joystick, it's impossible to aim and hit anything with it, and you have to fly with the tight parameters of your plane or you send yourself into an unrecoverable stall. All the meanwhile, mouse users don't have to worry about any of these problems. The "instructor" flies the plane even more for you than with WOWP.

Even the famed, "realistic" battles that WT has isn't all that more realistic than [what] WOWP [used to be]. Sure it has more mechanics, but your telling me my pilot hasn't blacked out after 6Gs?

You can turn off the instructor if you select the realistic or full real control setup.

Takes some fiddling with the controls setup to make it flyable and not have your nose yawing and bobbing all over the place.

Still a bit too stall happy though and the rudder input can easily cause you to stall, making coordinated turns (using rudder and stick to keep that ball in slip indicator in the middle like your supposed to)

At least it's easier to recover the stall compared to some higher fidelity sims.

Also I'm finding the debris covering my view irritating.

I've had to break off many an attack because I could not see what I was shooting at because of all the crap from the enemy plane blinding me.

Yes I was  50-150 yds  from the bandit.

Still, it's not that hard to fly with a stick.

I did take 2 tries to land my Buffalo on a carrier.

1st pass I was too high to I went around, the 3rd person view was throwing off my sense of distance and altitude.

So I went around  and did it again from inside the plane, w the cockpit on, raised my pilot seat full up, and this time I was able to get into the proper glide path and as the CV's stern disappears behind the cockpit instruments, chopped the power and hooked the wires.

Frankly I'm finding the

I'd still rank IL-2 multiplayer game over WT.

Edited by Pogo68, 28 July 2018 - 07:07 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

ArrowZ_ #23 Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:16 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles
This reminds me of my days first learning the ins and outs of WT arcade. One thing I've def found over there is the lead indicator is highly inaccurate and you need to lead well ahead of what the indicator suggests to get hits. I still stand by my opinion that that MMO puts too much bias with mouse controls over stick support. I'd try it again if I could get my 3d Pro to work properly in that game. But it just doesn't feel like flying an aircraft with a stick in that game. And the amount of flight physics assist you get with mouse+keyboard setup just makes joystick setup look laughable and overburdened. I can trully say over here is where the stick trully shines with WOWP. 

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Izgoy0899 #24 Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:02 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 362 battles

View PostArrowZ_, on 24 July 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

This reminds me of my days first learning the ins and outs of WT arcade. One thing I've def found over there is the lead indicator is highly inaccurate and you need to lead well ahead of what the indicator suggests to get hits. I still stand by my opinion that that MMO puts too much bias with mouse controls over stick support. I'd try it again if I could get my 3d Pro to work properly in that game. But it just doesn't feel like flying an aircraft with a stick in that game. And the amount of flight physics assist you get with mouse+keyboard setup just makes joystick setup look laughable and overburdened. I can trully say over here is where the stick trully shines with WOWP. 

I play arcade, but I turned the lead indicator off.  Yea, I know I'm handicapping myself and at a disadvantage.  I just don't want to become dependent on it if I switch to RB.  

The_Wild_Weasel #25 Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1781 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

The Naval side of WT, is an absolute blast, I have a line up of 4 planes and 3 ships.....the maps are awesome...game play incredible..... 

yes I like WOWP, but not 2.05 ...... so WT has my game play time ...and we are having a blast..... something I cannot say about WOWP in the current state.

And no $$$$ for you WG, sorry.

W_W

SlappedbyRommel #26 Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1841 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 24 July 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

The Naval side of WT, is an absolute blast, I have a line up of 4 planes and 3 ships.....the maps are awesome...game play incredible..... 

yes I like WOWP, but not 2.05 ...... so WT has my game play time ...and we are having a blast..... something I cannot say about WOWP in the current state.

And no $$$$ for you WG, sorry.

W_W

Just so mean you are no cash for you WG....lol.

Pogo68 #27 Posted 28 July 2018 - 06:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

I like the detail of the Land Combat Terrain in WT.

Personally I'm keeping an eye out for this on

Edited by Pogo68, 28 July 2018 - 06:52 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

CorvusCorvax #28 Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1487 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostPogo68, on 28 July 2018 - 06:44 AM, said:

I like the detail of the Land Combat Terrain in WT.

Personally I'm keeping an eye out for this on

Ummm.  Yes, please?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users