Russian Bias Confirmed: 20 ground target kills in BSh-2 in one battle!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

legoboy0401 #1 Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

For confirmation, just look at the attached photo. It was a bad game, as my team never capped a single point, but it was a rather long one as it took a long time for the enemy team to achieve superiority because two out of the 3 capture points were a constant tug of war. When they got points, we got points, and no one got anywhere. It took at least two, if not 3, very good players on their team to wrest the battle from our hands, achieve superiority and win.

But, seconds before the game ended, I(tried to) drop a bomb on a nearly dead ground target(I couldn't afford to shoot it, I was on too low health) and their best player killed me, but that single FAB 100 bomb that I dropped hit the ground before he was out of it's blast radius, and took him out, too.

The BSh-2 is not a bad plane, my friends. It wasn't ever a meta aircraft, and with these dumb air defense bots and AA's ridiculous power, it still isn't, but boy, can it ever be a lot of fun!:playing::izmena::great:

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by legoboy0401, 14 February 2018 - 11:48 PM.

Random Thoughts Of The Day:

World of Warplanes? More like World of Bots-that-are-designed-to-fail-so-you-lose-as-often-as-you-win.

Heavy Fighters? More like Obsolete Flying Bricks.

Attack Aircraft? More like Bomber-wannabes.

LMG #2 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:35 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 922 battles

The Bsh-2 actually has very potent bombs for the tier. With the pilot skill and a little pew-pew they can knock out a group of armored targets in one hit. The guns are also great for the job. I think I've gotten two Thunder medals on the thing, and I even scored four bombkills in one battle the other day :playing:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Reitousair #3 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:54 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2774 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Hahahah, the BSh-2, lovely aircraft, most people don't quite expect it to be so powerful for its tier. The beta camo on it also looks really nifty, stands out quite a bit from the map you see the most in my time flying it; Scorched Sands. I unfortunately sold mine after I got my hands on the Wirraway as a low-tier GA to play due to a lack of hangar space. Maybe with that new hangar slot I should buy it back...

bjorn1984 #4 Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

Master Sergeant

• 648 battles
Russian bias??? Okay so the Russian Tech Tree has probably the best GAs in the game but please name a really good Russian fighter or multi-role. Yeah you really can't. Sure the Mig 3 isn't a bad fighter but the BF-109E and Spitfire 1 is easily better planes at tier 5. At tier 6 there is the American F4U-1, which is easily better than the Yak 7. German also has the Fw 190 A5 at tier 6 for multirole, and I could continue. Just pointing out that because the Russian GA are probably the best GAs of any line, doesn't really deserve the Russian Bias title. Want to see real Russian bias? Go play WoT.

LMG #5 Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:01 PM

• 922 battles

View Postbjorn1984, on 15 February 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

Russian bias??? Okay so the Russian Tech Tree has probably the best GAs in the game but please name a really good Russian fighter or multi-role. Yeah you really can't. Sure the Mig 3 isn't a bad fighter but the BF-109E and Spitfire 1 is easily better planes at tier 5. At tier 6 there is the American F4U-1, which is easily better than the Yak 7. German also has the Fw 190 A5 at tier 6 for multirole, and I could continue. Just pointing out that because the Russian GA are probably the best GAs of any line, doesn't really deserve the Russian Bias title. Want to see real Russian bias? Go play WoT.

I'm quite sure the bias part was a joke. Also, isn't the Yak-7 tier V? The Yak-9 I think is the tier VI, and I really don't want to mess with that 45mm cannon. It can one-shot quite a few aircraft. Not even my GAAs feel safe with that thing around :ohmy:

Edited by LMG, 15 February 2018 - 07:01 PM.

legoboy0401 #6 Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

View PostLMG, on 15 February 2018 - 11:01 AM, said:

I'm quite sure the bias part was a joke. Also, isn't the Yak-7 tier V? The Yak-9 I think is the tier VI, and I really don't want to mess with that 45mm cannon. It can one-shot quite a few aircraft. Not even my GAAs feel safe with that thing around :ohmy:

The reports of the BSh-2's death are greatly exaggerated.

World of Warplanes? More like World of Bots-that-are-designed-to-fail-so-you-lose-as-often-as-you-win.

Rythcan #7 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1265 battles
  • [VX9] VX9
I know a fair amount of players that can pull 20 ground kills easily in a match. Best Ive done is 32. Also a plane is only as good as its pilot.

Edited by Rythcan, 15 February 2018 - 09:55 PM.

legoboy0401 #8 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

View PostRythcan, on 15 February 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

I know a fair amount of players that can pull 20 ground kills easily in a match. Best Ive done is 32. Also a plane is only as good as its pilot.

the implication is that a plane that can pull off 20 ground target group kills in a match cannot possibly be a garbage plane.

poppavein #9 Posted Yesterday, 09:56 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1067 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

Horrible plane in this TnB meta.  Fodder for LF and MR.  Apparently good games can be had, rarely.

LMG #10 Posted Yesterday, 04:41 PM

• 922 battles

View Postpoppavein, on 17 February 2018 - 04:56 AM, said:

Horrible plane in this TnB meta.  Fodder for LF and MR.  Apparently good games can be had, rarely.

What troubles are you having with it?

poppavein #11 Posted Yesterday, 05:51 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1067 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostLMG, on 17 February 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

What troubles are you having with it?

It’s fine for shooting Ground targets which rarely shoot back. But it’s an easy kill for any LF or MR.  And real players know it. 

Rico_CotC_ #12 Posted Yesterday, 06:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 217 battles

View Postpoppavein, on 17 February 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

It’s fine for shooting Ground targets which rarely shoot back. But it’s an easy kill for any LF or MR.  And real players know it. 

I'll play.  You might get me, but it won't be easy - I promise.

LMG #13 Posted Yesterday, 07:07 PM

• 922 battles

View Postpoppavein, on 17 February 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

Then attack where there's no players. GAAs were designed to shoot at ground targets, to the point where they don't get the "bullet magnet" most fighters with cannons get. Though there's still a few tricks you can pull off on fighters that do stumble upon you, which I detailed in the guide I posted some time ago, like fighting them head-on or attempting a bombkill

Rico_CotC_ #14 Posted Yesterday, 08:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 217 battles

View PostLMG, on 17 February 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

Then attack where there's no players. GAAs were designed to shoot at ground targets, to the point where they don't get the "bullet magnet" most fighters with cannons get. Though there's still a few tricks you can pull off on fighters that do stumble upon you, which I detailed in the guide I posted some time ago, like fighting them head-on or attempting a bombkill

There are a few other tricks, too.  ;)

SpiritFoxMY #15 Posted Today, 01:54 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 935 battles

I've been bombkilled so many times this past week its becoming boring.

The BSh-2 was a pleasant surprise in the GAA line - I was dreading flying it but it turned out to be a decent little machine that could take out unwary fighters in a melee as well as shoot up ground targets. It feels more nimble than the Eule (which... isn't saying much) and no less able to stay alive in contested zones. At tier 4, there simply aren't enough cannon armed monsters to burn you down in one pass so its survivability is...surprising.

I find the IL-2 rather rougher going although that has more to do with my general inexperience with slow moving low-level bomb-trucks than anything about the plane itself.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

LMG #16 Posted Today, 04:19 AM

• 922 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 17 February 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

I've been bombkilled so many times this past week its becoming boring.

Don't get closer than 200 meters to GAAs with bombs, preferably keep at least 250-300 meters distance at any given time

Rico_CotC_ #17 Posted Today, 07:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 217 battles

View PostLMG, on 18 February 2018 - 04:19 AM, said:

Don't get closer than 200 meters to GAAs with bombs, preferably keep at least 250-300 meters distance at any given time

My rule has always been break at 300m.  I had some fun the other day with an IL-2(t) in my XFL-1.  That 37mm really kicks serious GAA azz, but if you linger in the stinger zone, you gonna get stung.  By flying a figure-8, I stayed out of the bomb blast zone and the stinger cone, but was forced to press in to 200m or less to get consistent hits with the 37mm at 90-degree deflection.  With that cannon, you can also stand off, but it takes longer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users