The game has lost many players, I can see why!

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #21 Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View PostSnprhed, on 14 February 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

They said it nicely, but that is just we do it how we do it, get better! Is all I see.

Unbalanced mirroring does have a place, albeit in a simulation title where it is understood by those playing that they often can and will face insurmountable odds no matter their own best efforts.

But, in an arcade F2P/Pay-to-advance title dependent on micro-transactions, unbalanced matchmaking is poor game design guaranteed to cause or significantly contribute to an (hopefully) unwanted level of playerbase churn.

I've never been sure the folks at WG GHQ entirely understand this distinction, or if there is too great a cultural gap (if not some other unspoken business agenda entirely) in their viewpoint(s) about it.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 14 February 2018 - 11:06 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

ArrowZ_ #22 Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 630 battles
I'll go with the cultural gap. Makes more sense to me why the game is the way it is. Oh and poor development choices.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 14 February 2018 - 11:49 PM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

El_Mulo #23 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:29 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5434 battles

About the Match Maker I would prefer that it does its work totally randomly (without taking in consideration any concept) .  In that way I ll probably get some mates that knows what to do.
Ultimately playing in T 5-7 is a headache for me (when the daily missions indicates "the battle counts only if you win").. 

What we say to death?

El_Mulo #24 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:42 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5434 battles

View PostBlucraft, on 14 February 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

I'm not that new.  I attempted to play the previous version of the game and couldn't (decided to stick w/Tanks)...IMO it was terrible!  I came back when 2.0 was released and have been enjoying it.  I think it's a nice mix between WOT and WOWS.  

-Blu

No offense but if you " attempted to play the previous version of the game and couldn't "  plus " I came back when 2.0 was released and have been enjoying it"  those aseveration reinfores my opinion of the 2.0:  Is a light and decafeinated version of an demanding game.

View PostLMG, on 14 February 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

idk, I feel the game offers more depth to me now (hell, I've been doing a bit of dogfighting on a bomber lately), and the situational awareness isn't gone per-se, just made rougher to keep an eye on (hopefully that'll get sorted out eventually :sceptic:)

You can't  have any situational awareness when someone can respawn at your 6!  

Edited by El_Mulo, 15 February 2018 - 03:43 AM.

What we say to death?

SpiritFoxMY #25 Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1549 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostEl_Mulo, on 15 February 2018 - 03:42 AM, said:

No offense but if you " attempted to play the previous version of the game and couldn't "  plus " I came back when 2.0 was released and have been enjoying it"  those aseveration reinfores my opinion of the 2.0:  Is a light and decafeinated version of an demanding game.

I too played in the closed beta and prefer 2.0 to that. Demanding doesn't mean fun. I find 2.0 considerably more fun than the previous version - if I'd wanted demanding, I'd have stuck with Rise of Flight and IL-2. 2.0 has just the right amount of difficulty with ease of play IMO. 

Never really had a "respawn on your six" problem - usually when I respawn in a contested cap, I'm the one getting bounced. 

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

LMG #26 Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1496 battles

View PostEl_Mulo, on 14 February 2018 - 10:42 PM, said:

You can considering enemies spawn in fixed locations. They can either pop up at airfields or the spawn point. If it's a bot, I think it's almost guaranteed that they'll spawn back at their starting point, and from there you can somewhat figure out where they'll go based on the state of the map (I say somewhat because AI changes are not documented in patch notes, so they can suddenly behave slightly different). Players have a tendency to go back for revenge, so just keep an eye out for the shortest path from the possible spawn points (not more than 3 at worst) towards your last known location (aka, wherever you shot them down or the nearest sector). You can even set up an ambush or avoid combat this way. Very rarely, if at all, have I seen players attempt revenge assaults through unpredictable means :sceptic:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Swearengen5 #27 Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:53 AM

Master Sergeant

• 14 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

2.0 is a disgusting pig compared to the real flying feel that WoWP once was.  I spent enough time and money that I check back every so often...and I still am bored in the first 5 minutes of play. 

--Aiming is too easy (just point-and-shoot like a 5-year old playing Duck Hunt).

--Aerial combat maneuvers are a joke since the planes fly almost exactly the same.

--Repetitive BOT play (with way less PVP than 1.0 ) makes for mind-numbing battles that are made even worse with respawns.

WG as a whole has grown player base at the expense of alienating hard-core enthusiasts.  I'd suggest you try some new games. I have tried several, and every single one I try tells me I made the right decision of abandoning 2.0.

Bobby_Tables #28 Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:08 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2467 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostSwearengen5, on 15 February 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

2.0 is a disgusting pig compared to the real flying feel that WoWP once was.  I spent enough time and money that I check back every so often...and I still am bored in the first 5 minutes of play. 

WG as a whole has grown player base at the expense of alienating hard-core enthusiasts.  I'd suggest you try some new games. I have tried several, and every single one I try tells me I made the right decision of abandoning 2.0.

To each his/her own and I hope you well in your other games. 

With that said, for 10 total battles in the current meta, your opinion of 2.0 means absolutely nothing.  I played 10 games in 1.x (still not sure when I started) and I was frustrated as hell.  After 100 games I was still frustrated.  Heck, after 1000 I was still frustrated but I liked the idea of playing airplanes and that's what kept me coming back.  2.0 is not really that bad.  With 10 total games [in 2.0] , I think all of us take your opinion for what it is:  a nooblem with a prooblem.     

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 15 February 2018 - 07:09 AM.

IronWolfV #29 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 277 battles

View PostSwearengen5, on 15 February 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

--Aiming is too easy (just point-and-shoot like a 5-year old playing Duck Hunt).

--Aerial combat maneuvers are a joke since the planes fly almost exactly the same.

--Repetitive BOT play (with way less PVP than 1.0 ) makes for mind-numbing battles that are made even worse with respawns.

Aiming is easy? Umm earlier version aim assist anyone? Yeah 1.X can rot in hell.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

-Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

DrSinister #30 Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:04 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 95 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostIronWolfV, on 15 February 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

Aiming is easy? Umm earlier version aim assist anyone? Yeah 1.X can rot in hell.

Aim Assist has always been in the game, been there since Closed Beta and it is still there today.  It is hard coded in the game files.  It is a rather small degree of aim assist but it is there.

In Closed Beta you did not have a Shotgun style Dispersion though, so it was easier to snipe long range with high caliber weapons back then.  Since late CB to now, WG went with a shotgun style dispersion, so round can hit any where within a certain predetermined circle size.  Which just account to make shooting less accurate.

Edited by DrSinister, 15 February 2018 - 06:06 PM.

LMG #31 Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1496 battles

Do you mean the "magnet effect" on bullets or the aiming indicator that showed you where to aim?

Zapperguy #32 Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Honestly, I find it hard to understand people who harshly criticize 1.xx for having an optional aiming pipper, while defending 2.0.x with nearly unlimited respawn and scads of short-bus bots.

trikke #33 Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1609 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i could see flights being downtiered, because two friends voice-commed together make up at least a one tier advantage, in my opinion 

i think everyone here who flights regularly can see how that umm...  well, gives them an advantage 

more importantly, i'll bet USD that the RU players all know that, too

3 pilots flighted together?  maybe even double-downtiered?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

CruzANDBruz #34 Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5048 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
I'd just be happy to see the bots more evenly matched on each side. I was in a one-human battle the other night where I shot down over a dozen airplanes and captured 3 sites, just to have the opposing side's bots flip all of them and hand the victory over to the other human player who captured no sites and shot down 3 airplanes.

Texthor #35 Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:42 PM

• 7 battles

View PostBobby_Tables, on 15 February 2018 - 01:08 AM, said:

To each his/her own and I hope you well in your other games.

With that said, for 10 total battles in the current meta, your opinion of 2.0 means absolutely nothing.  I played 10 games in 1.x (still not sure when I started) and I was frustrated as hell.  After 100 games I was still frustrated.  Heck, after 1000 I was still frustrated but I liked the idea of playing airplanes and that's what kept me coming back.  2.0 is not really that bad.  With 10 total games [in 2.0] , I think all of us take your opinion for what it is:  a nooblem with a prooblem.   

It only took 2 games to understand how they had ruined the flight characteristics in 2.0 !!!!!   Game was toned down so even a 4 year old could compete........

CorvusCorvax #36 Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:51 PM

• 879 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostCruzANDBruz, on 15 February 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

I'd just be happy to see the bots more evenly matched on each side. I was in a one-human battle the other night where I shot down over a dozen airplanes and captured 3 sites, just to have the opposing side's bots flip all of them and hand the victory over to the other human player who captured no sites and shot down 3 airplanes.

This one is the one that gets me.  I flew the P-39N the other night, and was rocking it, hard.  I had the lead figured on the 37mm, and everything that I got lead on was toast.  We had 3/5 sectors capped, and were in a comfortable lead - all I had to do was intercept individual aircraft as they came into my zone.  I never even saw the human player the entire game.  All of a sudden, somehow I'm defending the only captured blue zone, and feel the whole weight of red on me - they kill all the ADA, and it's just me.  I finish with 15k points, 13 kills, 8 assists, and a loss.  The other human player finished with 4k points and a win.  I had fun shooting stuff down, but damn.

LMG #37 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1496 battles

View PostRico_CotC_, on 15 February 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

This one is the one that gets me.  I flew the P-39N the other night, and was rocking it, hard.  I had the lead figured on the 37mm, and everything that I got lead on was toast.  We had 3/5 sectors capped, and were in a comfortable lead - all I had to do was intercept individual aircraft as they came into my zone.  I never even saw the human player the entire game.  All of a sudden, somehow I'm defending the only captured blue zone, and feel the whole weight of red on me - they kill all the ADA, and it's just me.  I finish with 15k points, 13 kills, 8 assists, and a loss.  The other human player finished with 4k points and a win.  I had fun shooting stuff down, but damn.

It varies from situation to situation. I had a 2v2 the other day on a map with four garrisons and a central airbase. The enemy team had a pretty good fighter that kept shooting down everyone that came near the central area. So I just let him be and instead captured all the garrisons spread across the map. They only ever captured one, and I'm guessing it was the bots at the start of the game that got it. Eventually I even captured the airbase at the center after the enemy bots went to recapture the garrisons, leaving the enemy ace struggling vs most of my team's fighters as I took out all the AA and caught the attention of a few Air Defense Aircraft.

Moonrider #38 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 553 battles

View PostSwearengen5, on 15 February 2018 - 01:53 AM, said:

I'd suggest you try some new games. I have tried several, and every single one I try tells me I made the right decision of abandoning 2.0.

You haven't abandoned this game.

You're still here in the forums insulting the game, the devs, and everyone in the forum that likes a game that you don't.

If you'd TRULY ABANDONED the game, you wouldn't have made a post for me to quote and respond to.

Crap or get off the pot.

OR, play and make a POSITIVE contribution to the forums with suggestions for improvements instead of whines about how it's changed.

Edited by Moonrider, 15 February 2018 - 09:17 PM.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.

Zapperguy #39 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostMoonrider, on 15 February 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

You haven't abandoned this game.

You're still here in the forums insulting the game, the devs, and everyone in the forum that likes a game that you don't.

If you'd TRULY ABANDONED the game, you wouldn't have made a post for me to quote and respond to.

Crap or get off the pot.

OR, play and make a POSITIVE contribution to the forums with suggestions for improvements instead of whines about how it's changed.

Just playing devil's advocate here...

Exactly how much positivity did you contribute to the forum in 1.xx playing 332 games in the 4 years from release until 2.0?

:honoring:

FIight #40 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:08 AM

• 2713 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

The game does have a lot of problems, and some of them could even be fixed much more easily,

but WG did not pay attention to them.

Zapper did a great job in coding the mod of this game, and he is not really "insulting" the game.

The game will stop improving if no one points out its flaws & it receives positive reviews from

every players. 

Aiming circle still exists in game, just not showing. The server used to give us the circle, and now

it ceased to do that. However, the shooting is more forgiving now, and if you point to the approximate

location, it is very likely the shells will be registered as a hit. It also eliminates the chance of evasive

action, since they need to do more violent maneuvers to dodge shells. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users