The game has lost many players, I can see why!

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

xxBigbacon #61 Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:38 PM

Master Sergeant

• 120 battles
  • [-GNZ-] -GNZ-

I play this on and off but my only real complaints are:

1. dog fighting is (almost) always won by the person who gets behind first. ALWAYS. impossible to evade another human player.

2. objective taking still seem completely random to me. One second we have it 90% and then it flips to red having capped it for whatever reason, there could be a single red plane in the area and 4 of us but they get it?? Even though I understand how you take points it still seems to just happen magically.

I seriously LIKE that there are more bots than humans to fight. I could not imagine playing this with all humans on each side it would be atrocious because of reason #1.

I do like the bomber gameplay. Its kind of mindless but for a casual thing, it fits perfectly and on those rare occasions you get into a bomber vs bomber fight. those are always interesting.

oh and EDIT:

WG, more gift boxes please! I want to give you money for free XP!!!

Edited by xxBigbacon, 18 April 2018 - 10:42 PM.

CorvusCorvax #62 Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:15 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1112 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostxxBigbacon, on 18 April 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

1. dog fighting is (almost) always won by the person who gets behind first. ALWAYS. impossible to evade another human player.

Sort of like real life, right?  It's about the only thing in this game that is SIM-like.  You get the drop on your opponent, and if you have the juice, you get the kill.

Of course, there are exceptions.  If you think you're going to out-turn a Yak or a Zero, you've got about 4 full 360-degree turns to figure out your exit strategy, because even if you get a good shot on them, they will turn you to death.   It is indeed possible to evade another human player, even if they are flying a Yak, a Zero or a Spitfire.  You just have to have an idea in mind before you engage.  Oh, and keep your eyes open so you don't have them on your tail to begin with.

Edited by Rico_CotC_, 19 April 2018 - 02:15 PM.

xxBigbacon #63 Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:42 PM

Master Sergeant

• 120 battles
  • [-GNZ-] -GNZ-

View PostRico_CotC_, on 19 April 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Sort of like real life, right?  It's about the only thing in this game that is SIM-like.  You get the drop on your opponent, and if you have the juice, you get the kill.

Of course, there are exceptions.  If you think you're going to out-turn a Yak or a Zero, you've got about 4 full 360-degree turns to figure out your exit strategy, because even if you get a good shot on them, they will turn you to death.   It is indeed possible to evade another human player, even if they are flying a Yak, a Zero or a Spitfire.  You just have to have an idea in mind before you engage.  Oh, and keep your eyes open so you don't have them on your tail to begin with.

but this is not real life nor a sim or sim like. 

My point was that the way the flight mechanics are in the game, it doesn't matter, you just can't escape no matter what you do. the planes fly almost like being in a space combat game.

CorvusCorvax #64 Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:23 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1112 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostxxBigbacon, on 19 April 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

but this is not real life nor a sim or sim like. 

My point was that the way the flight mechanics are in the game, it doesn't matter, you just can't escape no matter what you do. the planes fly almost like being in a space combat game.

The problem with your comment is just a minor little thing:

It just isn't true.  I have evaded human players plenty, and even turned the tables on them. 

I got jumped by a Corsair in my Spitfire V DB6505, and he tried to turn with me.  I slowly gained the circle on him while slowly gaining altitude that put him outside of his optimum parameters.  It took about 7-9 full turns to do it, but he went from my six at 20 degrees deflection to dead at 12 o'clock and 30 degrees deflection.  His one chance in that engagement was to hit me and run, because I wouldn't have been able to get him into trail until he was out of range.  Then he could have zoomed me to death.

But normally, just like in real-life air combat engagements, if the other guy sees you first, if you don't engage or break, he will eat your lunch.  Only if you can trick him into making a mistake will you turn the advantage to neutral or positive for yourself.  That's why you have to keep your head on a swivel, and know exactly when to turn and fight, or turn and run.

trikke #65 Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1729 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostdaNEBish, on 17 April 2018 - 04:59 AM, said:

I'm only going to address a couple of things, sry reasons.

Bots are frustrating yes - It's not ideal but it's better than players waiting for an hour to get into a match - this would mean the death of the game just simply cause no one could find a game.

A less than ideal match is better than no match at all, at the very least players can have "occasional fun" lol

We just need to have patience - my understanding is that WoWP doesn't have as many resources or manpower as WoT or WoWs so things will take a little longer.  Plus regardless of how you felt the game was previously I think you're in the minority - I often heard how horrible it was prior to 2.0 and that seems to be the opinion of the majority, and with that negative stigma floating over the game makes it difficult to entice new players to join the community.  I think if we want to get more players then it is really up to us to take some initiative and get the word out to our friends, as our word has far more weight with other potential players than any advertising that wargaming puts out.

agreed 
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users