The game has lost many players, I can see why!

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

YouNeverKnow_ #41 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:13 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Poked my head in to see what's up with the game...sadly it's unplayable for me. And yes I'm a "oldtimer" with WOWP

, just the flight mechanics and the lack of freedom of in-game flight is mind boggling to me? You don't even have an

option of  advance settings any longer??

Oh well, lot of time and some money spent, had a great time till this point. Most of

you reading this will never see a tier 10 15x15 (non bot) battle...you have know idea what you're missing out on!

Great times!

Good Hunting All!

YouNeverKnow_ #42 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:15 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

WOW just noticed they wiped my battle log out! trust me waaaay more than 11!!

Surprised we still have clan tags!?

kidflash113 #43 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:39 AM

Airman Basic

• 114 battles
I have noticed that too I know i have more than 30 games anyway what i noticed is i have been in game more often then not where we have 4 bases and are winning then the squall line hits the bases start turning red and the bots are circling bases like a bee hive and if you attack 1 you get 4-6 bots chasing you its like they get buff after the squall line and all the bots on my team are now protecting the 1 blue base we have left as we lose the game wish we could direct the bots. they should also let the ammo be purchased with silver like WOT does with gold ammo

Edited by kidflash113, 16 February 2018 - 12:41 AM.

Zapperguy #44 Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:21 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

They archived the pre-2.0 stats.

View PostYouNeverKnow_, on 15 February 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

WOW just noticed they wiped my battle log out! trust me waaaay more than 11!!

Surprised we still have clan tags!?

Here you go: https://worldofwarplanes.com/community/players/v1.x/1003043386-/

View Postkidflash113, on 15 February 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

I have noticed that too I know i have more than 30 games anyway what i noticed is i have been in game more often then not where we have 4 bases and are winning then the squall line hits the bases start turning red and the bots are circling bases like a bee hive and if you attack 1 you get 4-6 bots chasing you its like they get buff after the squall line and all the bots on my team are now protecting the 1 blue base we have left as we lose the game wish we could direct the bots. they should also let the ammo be purchased with silver like WOT does with gold ammo

And for you: https://worldofwarplanes.com/community/players/v1.x/1007161994-/

:honoring:

Founder of the original CLOWN clan. Haven't lost a single member in over 3 years of existence.

jack_wdw #45 Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 30 battles
Ocasionally i still fly a sortie, maybe two on a single evening.
Mainly to check if they fixed controls or flight model a bit.
I still have to fly with tunnel vision, since they won't fix camera for dual stick gamepads.

Yesterday i flew my first two sorties in the Hurricane. First sortie was not that great, i died once during the battle and all in all i only shot down two or three aircraft.
To my surprise, we won that battle before squall line and i just don't know why or how.
This capping of sectors, i do understand it as possible gameplay for tank or ship warfare, but to do the same with planes just seems plain stupid to me.
I don't play enough to understand this gamemechanism, so i just start flying, follow the herd and try to fight what's near me.

On my second sortie though, i did not need to respawn even once in my Hurricane, i scored 11 aerial kills, i scored 5 kills after squall line.
I got Lambert medal, Khozedub Medal, Conqueror badge, flying guardian badge, winged legend badge....
At the other side, no human or bot  came even close to 1/2 of my score and still my team lost the battle.

But while that crappy first sortie gave me 2000+ experience points, this ace second sortie proved not enough to earn at least 1000 experience points.

After that i put the gamepad at rest again

Edited by jack_wdw, 16 February 2018 - 10:11 AM.

__ThisMachine__ #46 Posted Yesterday, 02:57 AM

Master Sergeant

• 15 battles

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 14 February 2018 - 11:05 PM, said:

But, in an arcade F2P/Pay-to-advance title dependent on micro-transactions, unbalanced matchmaking is poor game design guaranteed to cause or significantly contribute to an (hopefully) unwanted level of playerbase churn.

I've never been sure the folks at WG GHQ entirely understand this distinction, or if there is too great a cultural gap (if not some other unspoken business agenda entirely) in their viewpoint(s) about it.

They could fix it by adding some form of player "effectiveness" to balancing mechanics, but they wont, because they dont care about game balance. and im a strong believer in "unspoken business agenda" which is probably very lucrative for them in tanks, where they still have a large but declining player base.

soshootmenow #47 Posted Yesterday, 03:54 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View PostEl_Mulo, on 14 February 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

We complain because the old (with all its misses) was FAR better than this.  At least it was stable that is not a little thing.

We could chat and read clearly what anyone wrote

The physic was more real.

The battles got the same ammount of players BUT they all know what to do.

I could tell I like the tactic of this 2.0 (not all is bad) but I dislike the respawn that make also impossible to be aware of what is happening around you.

I also like the maps (except one or two) but miss some of the olds ones.

You (the new ones) can t complain of what don t know. 

Yes !  The old one was harder to learn and you got to pay in hours of flying the " right"  to win.

And there is a lot of things we (the old gamers) miss but over all we miss a lot of FRIENDS that are gone.

El Mulo....You have summed up most of the main points. Especially the last line.

I truly miss flying with all of my Clan mates and other friends online. We had one of the best online communities. Very supportive and helpful....even to people you did not like you answered a technical question or helped with a battle analysis.

We (the OP's) all worked so hard to earn our abilities and status. Grinding to improve our skills and tactics. Battle after battle to get the xp & creds necessary to not just get the next plane but also to customize it with the correct and mutually supporting mix of options and skills. The birds all had their own individual character. And you could FEEL the differences. In all of them. 1.9 had one of the best, if not the best, development of aircraft and flight mechanics I have seen. It FELT like flight.

I have suggested over and over to resolve the main source of complaints from all sides is to simply make this a two-mode game.

2.0 to bring in new players (which it can do) and allow them the time to develop their hanger, skills, tactics, and coordination. They then would be able to advance to the higher level 1.9 version (if they wanted to....remember 'choices'....like WG promised?) without getting raped and seal-clubbed so easily. It would just need to have a set floor of xxx number of battles before advancing. They would also feel that they were being a HELP to the TEAM they were on instead of a dragging detriment (which deep down everyone knows when they are). It is, after all, a Team Game at the end of the day.

Second advanced mode would be 1.9 mechanics, graphics, and gameplay. All of the OP's would return (free players just waiting in the wings for this WG. Business, Marketing 101?? Hello??) thus bringing back the VAST levels of experience, tactics, established community and Clans, coordination, structure, etc..., etc.... This would give both groups an option to play the mode they like, give the new players an entire new level to advance to (thus RETAINING them....there's those darn Business and Marketing things again) and give this game a real chance to be the success it can be.

Virtually NONE of the OP's are here anymore. I know this from how many are NOT playing from my Clan. I also know it is the same for all of the other original Clans. I can tell from the rankings. There is no movement. There has not been any for months. My clan usually is ranked 14th to 16th overall. Hardly anyone is playing and months later we are still at 16.

I used to play this game 2 - 4 hours a night. Longer on weekends. Now they are lucky if I actually bother to play one battle every couple of weeks. It is the same story for thousands of others globally.

WG, give us the two mode game. Bring everyone back home. I miss flying with my friends and respected opponents.

(Last real flight was in my Ta 152 the night before 2.0 release, and I made a point to remember it. My guess is all the OP's would know why)  

Sincerely.

soshootmenow

mullyman #48 Posted Yesterday, 08:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 32 battles

View PostBlucraft, on 14 February 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

OP, this game never had many players to begin with!  New players are coming on board and taking it as is...a few old players keep complaining and comparing it to the "failed" previous mode. I'm hoping this new version will bring in more players; it's currently not perfect but it's a good place to start.  I'll continue to enjoy it...

-Blu

​Noobies shouldn't speak of things they don't know about.    When I joined this game had 15v15 all HUMAN battles.

The game was enjoyable and patch by patch WGing fcked it up.

mullyman.png

LMG #49 Posted Yesterday, 08:06 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 922 battles

View Postmullyman, on 17 February 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

​Noobies shouldn't speak of things they don't know about.    When I joined this game had 15v15 all HUMAN battles.

The game was enjoyable and patch by patch WGing fcked it up.

I remember leaving before the matchmaking changes killed the game for good. I think that was the final nail overall (though for me it was the constant GAA nerfing that pushed me over)

Edited by LMG, Yesterday, 08:07 PM.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

mullyman #50 Posted Yesterday, 08:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 32 battles

View PostLMG, on 17 February 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

I remember leaving before the matchmaking changes killed the game for good. I think that was the final nail overall (though for me it was the constant GAA nerfing that pushed me over)

​You mean you didn't like sitting for 5 minutes waiting for a 3v3 battle?    Wonder why WGing couldn't figure that out...
mullyman.png

mnbv_fockewulfe #51 Posted Yesterday, 10:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• 146 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostLMG, on 17 February 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

Be careful, your number of posts almost equals your number of battles. :hiding:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

LMG #52 Posted Today, 12:30 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 922 battles

View Postmullyman, on 17 February 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

​You mean you didn't like sitting for 5 minutes waiting for a 3v3 battle?    Wonder why WGing couldn't figure that out...

I literally left like a month before things broke down. I think it was right after another patch that nerfed GAAs in some way

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 17 February 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

Be careful, your number of posts almost equals your number of battles. :hiding:

Yea, I played more in Open Beta than I did on release. I think nearly all of my IL-2 (t)'s kill marks are from back then (yes, I had to bombkill that much, and was pretty good at it too)

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

BirdForce #53 Posted Today, 09:08 AM

Senior Airman

• 1437 battles

The crashes dont bug me..(although I havent crashed in weeks) Its the AI unbalance.. or the hard on the bots get for bombers.. Had a game where every bot except my ground attackers and myself were ALL following the bombers.. they'd kill a group.. and turn around right away.. as we're losing caps.. What makes it worse is the human on the other team.. did next to NOTHING all game.. 

The lack of balanced bots which pretty much rigs a game regardless of what you do to try and win is what is going to end up causing me to leave back to ships.. And right now.. I dont want to go back to ships with the amount of potatoes that have gotten to high tiers.

DennyFish311 #54 Posted Today, 12:42 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 395 battles
Game has gotten real boring. Mindless game play, respawns, low numbers, no chat, list goes on. Game or two a day is all I can force myself to play anymore if at all. Oh well its good to get outdoors and also saving money I would have spent on this crap  makes me wonder what I have been doing for the past seven years LOL.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users