The game has lost many players, I can see why!

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

hamhockjones #1 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• 7500 battles

I realize that folks complain and cry a lot when they lose often. This has obviously led to all these new handicaps added to the game. Its obvious to me that there are good bots and bad bots that wonder aimlessly during games. Since bots now dominate the game play, its apparent that many games matchmaker will load the better bots against the better players. And again, I am not upset, just pointing out why not many players are playing anymore! The time it takes to get full acceleration back has been slowed to a crawl. The big circle that pops up on your aim when you are slightly damaged makes no sense at all. Why not just remove the aim circle and aim manually until it returns to normal. We spend as much time running and avoiding as we do fighting because of the handicaps. New players wont understand this. But the veterans have dropped this game because of these reasons. I have stayed hoping this game would attract many players. Best we can hope for now is having 4 humans and the rest bots. Very sad...   People want to fly the jets also, but why would I or anyone else spend all their experience that took 2 to 3 years to earn , to buy a jet that we may not even like? For instance, in the beginning, we all wanted a p-51, that was our goal. But the p-51 has been a complete disappointment to most after spending all their earnings to purchase one. It cost almost 1 million experience to get a jet that's worth buying. Even the experience for most is a mystery. No where in the game does a simple explanation tell us whether your spending the extremely hard to earn experience or what! Even the color on the experience when researching is different than the color of your experience you have earned. Very misleading to most. Been flying for almost 4 years and I am still confused. We don't find out until we click on the button, then its too late to reverse your choice. We should be allowed to try a plane for 2 weeks , then if we don't like it, give it back and get 75 percent of your purchase price back and experience points back. We used to get rewarded for being good, now we get more handicaps and uncontrolled strategic crap . Hard to tell a bot to go bomb or a fighter bot to back us up .Bots should follow us, not the human having to follow the bots. Another issue, why is flying high easy until there is a bomber up high? Why does your plane lose handling ability when it reaches the bomber? Another handicap placed on fighters of coarse. That bomber is shooting you with big bullets, so your handling should be normal to avoid the firing, but its not...  And bot planes going straight head on now start spinning before you even open fire. They used to attack you, but now they spin to avoid combat. Not very realistic, just another handicap added to stop good players from getting even better!  The game is dying a slow death guys, please fix game to attract players and to get old vets to return. The current format is hard to understand and gets boring in a short time..   sincerely  hamhockjones

The_Wild_Weasel #2 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1645 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Well as a returning player to WOWP (27k games in WOT), I do agree WOWP , was red headed step child, but several friends have re-joined too, and we are liking the 2.0

Albeit the bot issues, but i can only imagine the scenarios of clan wars or even training rooms with 15 v 15 humans. (I really would like to try this)

Like anything , I have yet to find the perfect game that caters to all, but some days I feel like ships, tanks other days and for right now its planes...

Im not gonna lie I didn't read the wall of text, try paragraphs and "points" would make it easier to understand.

my 2 cents

Thanks

Slapped

nukethefearless #3 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:37 PM

Master Sergeant

• 208 battles

View Posthamhockjones, on 14 February 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

I realize that folks complain and cry a lot when they lose often. This has obviously led to all these new handicaps added to the game. Its obvious to me that there are good bots and bad bots that wonder aimlessly during games. Since bots now dominate the game play, its apparent that many games matchmaker will load the better bots against the better players. And again, I am not upset, just pointing out why not many players are playing anymore! The time it takes to get full acceleration back has been slowed to a crawl. The big circle that pops up on your aim when you are slightly damaged makes no sense at all. Why not just remove the aim circle and aim manually until it returns to normal. We spend as much time running and avoiding as we do fighting because of the handicaps. New players wont understand this. But the veterans have dropped this game because of these reasons. I have stayed hoping this game would attract many players. Best we can hope for now is having 4 humans and the rest bots. Very sad...   People want to fly the jets also, but why would I or anyone else spend all their experience that took 2 to 3 years to earn , to buy a jet that we may not even like? For instance, in the beginning, we all wanted a p-51, that was our goal. But the p-51 has been a complete disappointment to most after spending all their earnings to purchase one. It cost almost 1 million experience to get a jet that's worth buying. Even the experience for most is a mystery. No where in the game does a simple explanation tell us whether your spending the extremely hard to earn experience or what! Even the color on the experience when researching is different than the color of your experience you have earned. Very misleading to most. Been flying for almost 4 years and I am still confused. We don't find out until we click on the button, then its too late to reverse your choice. We should be allowed to try a plane for 2 weeks , then if we don't like it, give it back and get 75 percent of your purchase price back and experience points back. We used to get rewarded for being good, now we get more handicaps and uncontrolled strategic crap . Hard to tell a bot to go bomb or a fighter bot to back us up .Bots should follow us, not the human having to follow the bots. Another issue, why is flying high easy until there is a bomber up high? Why does your plane lose handling ability when it reaches the bomber? Another handicap placed on fighters of coarse. That bomber is shooting you with big bullets, so your handling should be normal to avoid the firing, but its not...  And bot planes going straight head on now start spinning before you even open fire. They used to attack you, but now they spin to avoid combat. Not very realistic, just another handicap added to stop good players from getting even better!  The game is dying a slow death guys, please fix game to attract players and to get old vets to return. The current format is hard to understand and gets boring in a short time..   sincerely  hamhockjones

"New players wont understand this."

im a new player and i find the Fighter gameplay better then war thunder's game play

https://youtu.be/Aokbb6c_8HQ

https://youtu.be/iJfca8Cc2Jw

"4 humans and the rest bots. Very sad..."

i like it like that alittle though.. that way if i can not kill players because they are better skilled then me then i can still have fun killing bots

"People want to fly the jets also"

ehh...not really in my case i came here wanting to fly bombers and i am! now as i fly i wait for the B-17

"why is flying high easy until there is a bomber up high? Why does your plane lose handling ability when it reaches the bomber?"

well..my max i can go in my current bomber is 12000 meaters, a fighter can go about..what? 5000 meaters? so that is why 90% of the fighters can not go to bombers

" That bomber is shooting you with big bullets"

try being under attack by a player plane and say that..got shot out of the sky twice under plane fire at 10,000 meaters form a fighter that could go up and shoot down bombers

"The current format is hard to understand and gets boring in a short time.."

i find it easy to understand and is very fun to play though

The_Wild_Weasel #4 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1645 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Yes it's called the absolute ceiling. This is the highest altitude at which an aircraft can sustain level flight. When a plane reaches this height the thrust of the engines at full power is equal to the total drag at minimum drag speed. This occurs where the maximum thrust available equals the minimum thrust required, so the altitude where the maximum sustained (with no decreasing airspeed) rate of climb is zero.

The service ceiling is lower and has some safety margin built in. This is the height where the rate of climb is not zero so the craft still has some maneuverability. Most commercial jetliners have a service (or certificated) ceiling of about 42,000 feet and some business jets about 51,000 feet. Many military jets are able to fly substantially higher but it is classified. The SR71 in 1976 published a world record 85,135 feet.

All propeller based aircraft have much lower ceilings and they vary widely with design of the craft. The Turboprop aircraft with the highest altitude ceiling is the Lockheed P-3 ORION, which has a maximum cruise altitude of 55,000 ft.

There is a trade off point because as the air gets less dense the plane can travel faster. So many planes climb to the 20,000+ height for less drag but still enough pressure for efficient thrust.

So this is the reason your LF has issues getting to the bombers up in the "thin" air.

Hope this helps.

Slapped

Blucraft #5 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1351 battles

OP, this game never had many players to begin with!  New players are coming on board and taking it as is...a few old players keep complaining and comparing it to the "failed" previous mode. I'm hoping this new version will bring in more players; it's currently not perfect but it's a good place to start.  I'll continue to enjoy it...

-Blu

CorvusCorvax #6 Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1329 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Wall of text, blah, blah.

I can shoot down bombers with my P-39N.  Tell me more about how hard bombers are to shoot down.

IronWolfV #7 Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 277 battles
I personally see 2.0 as where the game should of been coming out of Alpha/beta. Wouldn't of almost killed the game.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

-Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

DrSinister #8 Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:11 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 106 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostIronWolfV, on 14 February 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

I personally see 2.0 as where the game should of been coming out of Alpha/beta. Wouldn't of almost killed the game.

Yes and no, 2.0 is good, but also pre 0.5.0 Closed Beta we had 3000-4000 players online testing/playing.  If the game released then would have kept a lot of players too, that was also when RU had 20000 players online, it was after that point and the constant changing of the game mechanics was what killed the game.  I have been here since Day 2 of Closed Beta and the game had changed, mechanic wise, 5-6 times by Open Beta.

El_Mulo #9 Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7690 battles

View PostBlucraft, on 14 February 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

OP, this game never had many players to begin with!  New players are coming on board and taking it as is...a few old players keep complaining and comparing it to the "failed" previous mode. I'm hoping this new version will bring in more players; it's currently not perfect but it's a good place to start.  I'll continue to enjoy it...

-Blu

We complain because the old (with all its misses) was FAR better than this.  At least it was stable that is not a little thing.

We could chat and read clearly what anyone wrote

The physic was more real.

The battles got the same ammount of players BUT they all know what to do.

I could tell I like the tactic of this 2.0 (not all is bad) but I dislike the respawn that make also impossible to be aware of what is happening around you.

I also like the maps (except one or two) but miss some of the olds ones.

You (the new ones) can t complain of what don t know.  

Yes !  The old one was harder to learn and you got to pay in hours of flying the " right"  to win.

And there is a lot of things we (the old gamers) miss but over all we miss a lot of FRIENDS that are gone.

Edited by El_Mulo, 14 February 2018 - 08:19 PM.

What we say to death?

LMG #10 Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1668 battles

View PostEl_Mulo, on 14 February 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

We complain because the old (with all its misses) was FAR better than this.  At least it was stable that is not a little thing.

I could tell I like the tactic of this 2.0 (not all is bad) but I dislike the respawn that make also impossible to be aware of what is happening around you.

Yes !  The old one was harder to learn and you got to pay in hours of flying the " right"  to win.

And there is a lot of things we (the old gamers) miss but over all we miss a lot of FRIENDS that are gone.

I wouldn't necessarily call the old game "harder to learn". If anything there was a lot less going on in general, especially for GAAs

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

mnbv_fockewulfe #11 Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
"less going on" but with more depth and more situational awareness = better

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

LMG #12 Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1668 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 14 February 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

"less going on" but with more depth and more situational awareness = better

idk, I feel the game offers more depth to me now (hell, I've been doing a bit of dogfighting on a bomber lately), and the situational awareness isn't gone per-se, just made rougher to keep an eye on (hopefully that'll get sorted out eventually :sceptic:)

mnbv_fockewulfe #13 Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Here we must clarify between strategic depth and tactical depth. Yes in 2.0 there's more going on on the map, but in 1.x there was more going on with the plane itself.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Snprhed #14 Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:48 PM

Senior Airman

• 2522 battles

So I had a couple of issues that Ive been kicking around with support on and getting complete non-answers on. I have quite a few matches where I am the only human on my team, and there is 1 person on the other. If the other person is in a fighter, multi or heavy I have to outscore them by a lot to have any chance of winning at all. I tried to upload my screen shot of the most recent one (it didnt work), I had outscored him by 2300 combat points, and had higher score through out the game. It seems like this happens a lot.

My other issue was a match where there were 2 humans on each team. The other human on my team was in a F7F (heavy) and I was in an IL-8. Our opponents were flying in a P.1056 jet (heavy) and an IL-20. my team had an average winning % less than 50 while the 2 human on the other team were 72% and 62%. They had both the better jets and far better winning percentages. I got a response from my ticket along the lines of .....get better tactics

I do like this game, but I think I'll move on once my premium plays out this month

IronWolfV #15 Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 277 battles

View PostDrSinister, on 14 February 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

Yes and no, 2.0 is good, but also pre 0.5.0 Closed Beta we had 3000-4000 players online testing/playing.  If the game released then would have kept a lot of players too, that was also when RU had 20000 players online, it was after that point and the constant changing of the game mechanics was what killed the game.  I have been here since Day 2 of Closed Beta and the game had changed, mechanic wise, 5-6 times by Open Beta.

I was in alpha through a lot of beta. It was terrible. Plus devs not listening etc. It's too bad. WG shot themselves in the foot with this game.

Reason I said 2.0 is what they should of had from the beginning, lot better foundation to build upon rather than what was.

At Least in this iteration I feel like I'm flying a plane most times not a brick with wings.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

Blucraft #16 Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1351 battles

View PostEl_Mulo, on 14 February 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

I'm not that new.  I attempted to play the previous version of the game and couldn't (decided to stick w/Tanks)...IMO it was terrible!  I came back when 2.0 was released and have been enjoying it.  I think it's a nice mix between WOT and WOWS.  

-Blu

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #17 Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View PostSnprhed, on 14 February 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

They had both the better jets and far better winning percentages. I got a response from my ticket along the lines of .....get better tactics

Absolutely; this seems to be a big failing of the WG matchmaker in all of their titles, unless it actually is working how they intend it to work for whatever reasons, and provided they understand themselves the practical aspects.

If MM was/is ''random'', why do so many folks consistently see the same (and yeah, quite often more skilled) players on red for match after match of multiple sessions save for a seemingly token battle once per week or so.

View PostEl_Mulo, on 14 February 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

The old one was harder to learn and you got to pay in hours of flying the " right"  to win.

True, but, you will also still encounter players from those days who now regret how actively they helped to foster a WoT-style ''club'' that actively discouraged new players from sticking with Warplanes.

I couldn't actually last long enough to learn how to fly in the older version at low tiers; I had to purchase a tier V premium on sale and take it out near a hundred matches before venturing back lower.

And, fortunately, by that time the ''GTFO scrub'' crowd had largely disappeared or stopped choosing to drive folks away.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 14 February 2018 - 10:39 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

LMG #18 Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1668 battles

View PostSnprhed, on 14 February 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

So I had a couple of issues that Ive been kicking around with support on and getting complete non-answers on. I have quite a few matches where I am the only human on my team, and there is 1 person on the other. If the other person is in a fighter, multi or heavy I have to outscore them by a lot to have any chance of winning at all. I tried to upload my screen shot of the most recent one (it didnt work), I had outscored him by 2300 combat points, and had higher score through out the game. It seems like this happens a lot.

My other issue was a match where there were 2 humans on each team. The other human on my team was in a F7F (heavy) and I was in an IL-8. Our opponents were flying in a P.1056 jet (heavy) and an IL-20. my team had an average winning % less than 50 while the 2 human on the other team were 72% and 62%. They had both the better jets and far better winning percentages. I got a response from my ticket along the lines of .....get better tactics

I do like this game, but I think I'll move on once my premium plays out this month

Where the guys on the enemy team in a flight? When there's few players online, the matchmaker has trouble balancing out flights, and ends up throwing whatever it can to the wall and hoping it sticks. This leads to flights being paired up unevenly, sometimes resulting in a 2v1 scenario or two players of one tier with two players of another tier. It's especially true at higher tiers since not many people have access to tier VIII-X aircraft (I, for one, haven't even reached tier IX yet, and am still maybe a month away, give or take a few weeks)

IronWolfV #19 Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 277 battles

View PostLMG, on 14 February 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

Where the guys on the enemy team in a flight? When there's few players online, the matchmaker has trouble balancing out flights, and ends up throwing whatever it can to the wall and hoping it sticks. This leads to flights being paired up unevenly, sometimes resulting in a 2v1 scenario or two players of one tier with two players of another tier. It's especially true at higher tiers since not many people have access to tier VIII-X aircraft (I, for one, haven't even reached tier IX yet, and am still maybe a month away, give or take a few weeks)

It's what happens when the player base is almost non existent.

Snprhed #20 Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:52 PM

Senior Airman

• 2522 battles

View PostLMG, on 14 February 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

Yes LMG, they were on one team and the 2 guys that were less than 50% on the other. It was baffling to me. They clearly werent using winning % or better aircraft for there match making. Putting their higher with our lower seems like a better option at least.

Here is their answer:

Please know that World of Warplanes doesn't provide an exactly even balance of teams, but instead puts players in relatively even situations that may as well have occurred on actual World War II battlefields (excluding the fact of mixing aircraft of different nations in one team). Tactics used in air combat and recreated by players in the game often give an advantage even to weaker teams. We strongly encourage our players to learn these aspects of flying.

I only included the actual response, the other stuff was we will forward to dev staff etc. They said it nicely, but that is just we do it how we do it, get better! Is all I see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users