BOTS re-spawn time

BOTS - Re-spawning time

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

swarthgood #1 Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:30 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2576 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Has anybody tracked the re-spawn time for a BOT when they are shot down ?  We have some very long wait times as HUMANS -- They should ALSO have the same TIME CYCLE when they have been shot down. Do you agree pilots ? It's time for them to follow the same rules -- It's us HUMANS that spend money in the store . Your thoughts PLEASE !

satanchoice13 #2 Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:20 PM

Airman Basic

• 1651 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
good question ?

comtedumas #3 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:24 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2767 battles
  • [FK] FK
Seems to me they respawn pretty quickly, I shot this same F4U-1 bot down like three times in 2 minutes (it seemed like) today....

Edited by comtedumas, 14 February 2018 - 12:25 AM.

Heard on the forum.  "1.9 was a hardcore air combat sim.  And it had a lead indicator"  HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMG #4 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:30 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 945 battles

I think people calculated they have a set timer of about 10 seconds? Might be wrong, but it surely seems like it. My best guess is that WG did that to balance out them not being as effective as human players, which would also explain their overly simplistic strategic capacity

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

ArrowZ_ #5 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:31 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 166 battles

I'd say they do. But it's all tinfoil hat theories until the devs confirm their actual respawn times. But logically they should have the same respawn mechanics as us players. But you know these devs... :P

Edit: Could test it out in the training room - choose a very small map and remember the enemy's respawn area and just camp there once you've killed the bot. Probably easier if its just a 1v1 to track the respawn times.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 14 February 2018 - 12:34 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

wscarter007 #6 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:39 AM

Senior Airman

• 1648 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
I have to say that they do appear to not follow our respawn time. 

El_Mulo #7 Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3540 battles

I m pretty sure that their respawn time is shorter than our.  Seems to be about 15 secs ever not increasing with every kill.  I did some battles killing repeatidly specific planes (bombers)  and they appear in the same place at the same lapse of time.  i thought everyone would have noticed that

Edited by El_Mulo, 14 February 2018 - 12:12 PM.

What we say to death?

Bobby_Tables #8 Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:47 AM

• 1411 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postswarthgood, on 13 February 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

Has anybody tracked the re-spawn time for a BOT when they are shot down ?  We have some very long wait times as HUMANS -- They should ALSO have the same TIME CYCLE when they have been shot down. Do you agree pilots ? It's time for them to follow the same rules -- It's us HUMANS that spend money in the store . Your thoughts PLEASE !

No poll on this thread but if there was, I would vote No.  As Mr. Mulo points out above, the bots tend to respawn and fly the exact same pattern.  If your base is under attack and you are defending, there are some for sure aerial targets to hit to swing the momentum back to your team.  It helps if they keep coming back for more again and again and yet again.  

If they were delayed, it would be difficult to get some of the achievements as the number of aerial targets per game would be reduced.  

Please feel free to post your "XP Spammer" comments below.  I will be sure to read each and every one.  

[Edit] I just finally started up the JPN lines so flying circles over the same base is sometimes the thing to do as the JPN fighters do not move from cap to cap very quickly in the mid to lower tiers.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 14 February 2018 - 02:58 AM.

Mercsn #9 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

I asked a bot if they must play by the same rules we do.  It replied, "Some rules can be bent, others can be broken. "

Before I could ask for clarification, they changed the wet wall and I had to high-tail it to another exit before SerB caught me. 

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Destroyer_Suzukaze #10 Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:21 AM

• 714 battles
I have played a lot of games over the years, and games with AI always have a different set of rules for the AI

ComradeZ #11 Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:02 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1338 battles
  • [T-S-I] T-S-I
Another hint, AI pilots apparently have max skill for their planes. I've seen some bots do things that their plane can't do multiple times. Shifty AI indeed. example: I have a 10 point pilot in my maxed out F4U-4. Somehow a base AI in the -exact- same plane could out turn me WITH heavy duty control surfaces AND acrobatics/aerodynamics/engine guru pilot. I even tried it in the test room and it was the same. 

NorthernPorter #12 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 683 battles
  • [TWE] TWE

Yeah they seem to come back quicker than players but I'm fine with it that way because, like Bobby mentions, it give me more things to shoot at... :playing:

ComradeZ makes a point too, it feels like the bot air defense plane's settings are a little different than the players. I've seen it too where we're in the same plane but they can turn a bit tighter. However, they are also much easier to kill, so I don't mind a little added challenge.  

Doc_Ebs #13 Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:23 PM

Master Sergeant

• 566 battles
  • [FPOA] FPOA
Lol if bots had progressive respawn timers by the time you hit squall line their respawn  would be like 2 minutes.

soydivision #14 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 425 battles

Respawn for bots and players definitely needs to be tweaked.  Setting it at 30-60 seconds minimum would increase emphasis on staying alive and make aerial kills more important.  Furthermore, if the respawn times scaled up as the match goes on, then could even get rid of that arbitrary "squall line" mechanic, period.

The downside of course is that coordinated flights would dominate again.  Complaints about useless bots would skyrocket.  But hey, maybe that's a good thing in terms of promoting competitive play.

Mercsn #15 Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:44 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

View Postsoydivision, on 14 February 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

Respawn for bots and players definitely needs to be tweaked.  Setting it at 30-60 seconds minimum would increase emphasis on staying alive and make aerial kills more important.  Furthermore, if the respawn times scaled up as the match goes on, then could even get rid of that arbitrary "squall line" mechanic, period.

The downside of course is that coordinated flights would dominate again.  Complaints about useless bots would skyrocket.  But hey, maybe that's a good thing in terms of promoting competitive play.

the problem for the developer is that at some point the timer will be long enough that players will just leave the match and queue up another aircraft.  Since they are dead set on respawns (presumably to encourage both stupid and silly behavior), the timer probably won't be changed for humans and we won't accrue a long respawn timer until after 3 or 4 deaths. 

Aaaand, squall line is their "it's important to stay alive -just not until near the end of the match" mechanic, so that's not going anywhere either. 

What WG should do is shutter and close Persha Studio and pass wowp on to a more reasonable developer. But....they knew that 4 years ago when the 1.0 launch bombed, so probably no-go on that either.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users