would you volunteer to flight with a new pilot?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

LMG #21 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2054 battles

View PostDoc_Ebs, on 14 February 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

well stop being an internet bully then. Just because you can shoot him down doesn't mean that you have to... your enjoyment is obviously less important than his! :sarcasm:

"Stop killing me!" :(
"Stop flying in front of my bullets!" :izmena:

And I'm down here stealing the garrison :)

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Toggle #22 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 3292 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

There have been many many occasions of flighting up with FNG's over the years.  Afterwards many have become in game friends and have continued to flight.  Here are a few problems with today's game and flighting with an FNG.  (Although I still do)  I often pick some FNG from a battle and ask if they want to flight.  (Until the chat sever got FUBAR)

Spectate mode is absolute [edited]now.  How can anyone learn from this?  seriously?!? Nobody can learn from this jacked up version of spectate mode.  It's pitiful!

Chat server is still jacked up.  How can you possibly communicate with a player that needs help in the game?

Once you flight up, the bots seem to become super human bot and makes it difficult to educate FNG's.  (Still doable but is challenging)

You may be the only two humans in tier.....  Long wait!

Toggle #23 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 3292 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postpyantoryng, on 14 February 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

Never had it been down for over 10 days straight...still down as of this post. New players simply can't ask for help...

The only good thing I can think of...is no post-match flaming...

And how beneficial for them to hear, "Good job" or "Well played" after a match.  I often sent those messages after a low tier battle with an FNG.   I can't now!

poppavein #24 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2260 battles

Discord is more reliable than Chat, and you also have the option of Voice.  Perhaps there could be a Training Voice Channel.

WOWP Discord Server: https://discord.gg/KvnQunN

Edited by poppavein, 14 February 2018 - 10:31 PM.

Reitousair #25 Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6471 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

I'd love to help new players, however I only fly on weekends usually varying from 12PM-12AM.

Biggest problem though is chat being down. If chat was up then it could prove a massive boon to helping out some of the rookies as I could take them under my wing if they wanted to learn, however, with no way to properly chat, people are highly anti-social including me. One of my friends spent about 3 days trying to arrange a flight with a new player, it was an organizational nightmare without chat being up and the constant need to relog to refresh your messages.

I sincerely hope they get chat back online soon, however at this rate it seems to be coming Soon™.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

trikke #26 Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2276 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

chat in battle has always been a horrible way to convey information, because neither pilot really has time to type

i'll assumed that wowp's own in-game voice comm is working...  has anyone tried it lately?

volunteering pilots and new pilots both, would you check that your headset works with that, please...  since there's no free teamspeak channels

(are there free teamspeak channels?)

someone mentioned discord, i have it but it does seem much more complex than what is needed here?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

MagusGerhardt #27 Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 526 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Posttrikke, on 14 February 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

chat in battle has always been a horrible way to convey information, because neither pilot really has time to type

i'll assumed that wowp's own in-game voice comm is working...  has anyone tried it lately?

volunteering pilots and new pilots both, would you check that your headset works with that, please...  since there's no free teamspeak channels

(are there free teamspeak channels?)

someone mentioned discord, i have it but it does seem much more complex than what is needed here?

In-game voice chat is static-ridden, prone to latency issues, and is generally a very low quality aspect of the game, just as it is in Tanks and Warships.  Third party solution for voice chatting needs is still the only way to go here.

Unfortunately, that discourages communication with someone you just met in battle, but with some patience Dischord can work with sharing links and open servers.  

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Reitousair #28 Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6471 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 14 February 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

Unfortunately, that discourages communication with someone you just met in battle, but with some patience Discord can work with sharing links and open servers.  

This has pretty much been the way to go, if somebody wants to chat then you send them a link to a Discord server you're on, it has been the only real way I've been able to chat with fellow pilots, a third party solution. However it can work out pretty well, since you don't have to both be logged-in to WoWp to chat and you can bicker about plane balance and form new strategies without both needing to be in-game and constantly logging in and out of the game to update chat messages. 

Either way it's kind of sad that even to properly form a flight you pretty much need to be using a third party solution unless you're feeling lucky and catch somebody up for a flight while they're online by randomly sending an invite.

Edited by Reitousair, 14 February 2018 - 09:09 PM.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

pyantoryng #29 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:21 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles

...then you got that kind of people who refuse to use voice and don't want to be involved in any third-party solution...

Guess that's how I learned to type inflight and read all the details on popups that is hardly visible...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

trikke #30 Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2276 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
i'm a one finger typist, so...   typing's not gonna work out for me
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Toggle #31 Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 3292 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
No texting while flying!

pyantoryng #32 Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:37 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles

View PostToggle, on 15 February 2018 - 01:26 PM, said:

No texting while flying!

I forum while flying :trollface:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Toggle #33 Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 3292 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postpyantoryng, on 15 February 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

I forum while flying :trollface:

Definitely more skilled than I.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users